Saki didn't respond to that.

A few steps more, and they appeared to reach a point where the road abruptly cut off. The houses here looked different, more spaced out and individual. Morty led them all to a little stone plaza where a prominent building stood.

View attachment 5111

"Here we are. Hopefully they're still here..." He opened the door, ushering everyone inside.

@Jeremi @Takumi @MegaMeerkat @Capri @Lucky @Sark @Minerva

A few steps more, and they appeared to reach a point where the road abruptly cut off. The houses here looked different, more spaced out and individual. Morty led them all to a little stone plaza where a prominent building stood.

View attachment 5111

"Here we are. Hopefully they're still here..." He opened the door, ushering everyone inside.

Cindy was going to say something to Saki but decided to hold her tongue. Some times silence was the better choice so you didn't bite yourself on the foot. As Morty invited them in Cindy took up the offer. "Much obliged."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @MegaMeerkat @Capri @Lucky @Sark @Minerva

"They're called Pokemon," Morty replied as Gengar made its way to the table and set the tea down. "They're native to my own world, and we've been living with them and working together with them for thousands of years." He scratched behind Gengar's ears, and it...purred?

Though as Calista asked her question, he frowned. Morty looked to make sure Saki and Ado were occupied before lowering his voice. "...death. It hangs over you all like a shroud, and Misdreavus are drawn to fear by nature. I don't want to make any assumptions about what you've all been through, but...did you all witness something from within that television?"

"Yeah," Cindy replied somberly. "There was another fella with us inside the TV but...he didn't make it." Cindy hadn't dwelled on it much but now that they were out... "It's never easy seein it happen ya know?"

"Even if we didn't know him well, it hurt to see." Calista spoke quietly.

Morty nodded solemnly, though he returned to a relaxed smile as Adeleine and Misdreavus joined them. As everyone started settling in, he cleared his throat. "So...I suppose I should explain what's been going on with this whole...thing. It all started about a month ago. One minute I was in the Bell Tower back home training with my Pokemon...next thing I know, I'm in the middle of someone's pig pen! And I wasn't the only one, either. Different people from all different places were taken from their homes, and ended up somewhere else entirely. And not just that. Different areas of different worlds all got mixed up together, as well. In fact, where we are is a mashup of three places. I was lucky to have one place be from my own world, if from a different region, but even so it was jarring.

"So...you're saying that everyone's homes are all...jumbled up together?" Saki was finding this hard to believe. "But how?"

Well...from what I hear, it was because of two scientists who wanted to take over. They found these...jewels? And those gave them the power to do this. And for a lot of places, they were able to send robots to attack anyone who opposed them or was just unlucky enough to get in the way." He shrugged. "But that's only what I've heard on the news. New Outcove was lucky enough to avoid any robots."

With everyone all set to go, Morty led them outside. "Hmm," he said as he stepped out of his house. "Awfully foggy tonight..."

Indeed, the city was wrapped in a deep fog, which made it hard to see in front of them if not for streetlights. The fact that the Sun had set had not done them any favors.

9b03b07cfcce2bf22077c2aef422c07c.jpg

The city itself was lovely, with cobblestone streets and nice little houses, and the pleasant scent of sea-breeze could be felt even through the fog. "This is one part of the city, the Lilycove district," Morty said. "Two others are further ahead. We're going to the one in the middle."

She had remained quiet, thoughts of home and her people coming to mind. She was worried, but the sea breeze was calming and familiar no matter the location, even if it made her a bit homesick. She wondered if her uncle had everything under control? If Zael and his group was okay, maybe her uncle hired them to try and find her? To help protect her people?

View attachment 5111

"Oh," she said, brought out of her thoughts as the group finally arrived at the Mayor's house.

"Does the Mayor go out often?" She asked, since it was night out already she'd have expected someone as important aa the Mayor at home if not in bed.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Capri @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Lucky @Everyone

"Usually when busy," Morty replied to Calista. "He's pretty much thrown himself into his work since this whole thing happened. I think it helps all of us to distract by keeping busy..."

Though outside was a different story, inside the town hall was an air of coziness. It was small, with only two desks and the usual office furniture, as well as flowers and other plants growing from pots around. A man who was no doubt the mayor in question was going over some documents, while a little yellow dog was working at a computer. Both looked up upon seeing the group walk in.

latest

"Oh! Morty, and...new faces!"

latest

"So many of you...were you all displaced, too?"

"Usually when busy," Morty replied to Calista. "He's pretty much thrown himself into his work since this whole thing happened. I think it helps all of us to distract by keeping busy..."

Though outside was a different story, inside the town hall was an air of coziness. It was small, with only two desks and the usual office furniture, as well as flowers and other plants growing from pots around. A man who was no doubt the mayor in question was going over some documents, while a little yellow dog was working at a computer. Both looked up upon seeing the group walk in.

latest

"Oh! Morty, and...new faces!"

latest

"So many of you...were you all displaced, too?"

"Y'all got that right!" Cindy remarked stepping forwards. "So you're the mayor? Name's Cindy! It's a pleasure to meet ya!"

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @MegaMeerkat @Capri @Lucky @Sark @Minerva

Adeleine would approach the weird dog lady and look at her with curious eyes.

“A-are you a dog...? I-I’ve never seen one walk on two legs before...”

@Yun Lee

Tippi

" Somehow, that is not the weirdest thing we see today. If I may ask, what are your names?" She asked, looking at the dog and the mayor.

@Yun Lee

"Oh?" The little dog seemed surprised. "Well, that's just normal where I come from! Though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised after meeting Pokemon..."

"Yes, I am the mayor...at least for the time being. My name is Dedue Molinaro." Dedue gestured towards the dog. "This is Isabelle, my assistant."

"It's nice to meet you all! Though...may I ask where you came from? From what I know this area is rather isolated..."

"Oh?" The little dog seemed surprised. "Well, that's just normal where I come from! Though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised after meeting Pokemon..."

"Yes, I am the mayor...at least for the time being. My name is Dedue Molinaro." Dedue gestured towards the dog. "This is Isabelle, my assistant."

"It's nice to meet you all! Though...may I ask where you came from? From what I know this area is rather isolated..."

"Y'all probably won't believe us, but we came through the TV!" Cindy exclaimed. "Ah dunno if it works through all TVs but at least there's one. Very freaky place with fog and monsters too!"

Tippi

" It is indeed very true. You know, you mentioned pokemon. I assume that is what Morty has. Have you ever met a man named Mario?"
She asked Isabelle.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee

Adeleine clutched her dress angrily as Cindy brazenly mentioned the fog place.

How could she not be affected? How? How did she witness Brenner die and walk it off?

“Y-yeah...” Ado stuttered, “what she said”

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @EveryoneElse​

"Through a...TV?" Isabelle was understandably surprised. "You were in there for a whole month?"

"It felt more like twenty minutes," Saki said quietly.

"I've already explained The Melding to them," Morty said. "I brought them here in order to help them get situated here."

"You came to the right place!" Isabelle chirped. "We can find you all places to stay in no time at all! Though..it may be a bit late for proper housing...

"I have a few spare rooms at my own house," Dedue said. "A few of you can stay there for the night, and we'll find you permanent places tomorrow."

"And I have space for a few, myself." Morty smiled at the group. "If you don't mind walking back to my house, of course."

"Oh! And a few others can stay with me!" Isabelle added. "I hope it's fine for tonight at least..."

"Through a...TV?" Isabelle was understandably surprised. "You were in there for a whole month?"

"I've already explained The Melding to them," Morty said. "I brought them here in order to help them get situated here."

"You came to the right place!" Isabelle chirped. "We can find you all places to stay in no time at all! Though..it may be a bit late for proper housing...

"I have a few spare rooms at my own house," Dedue said. "A few of you can stay there for the night, and we'll find you permanent places tomorrow."

"And I have space for a few, myself." Morty smiled at the group. "If you don't mind walking back to my house, of course."

"Oh! And a few others can stay with me!" Isabelle added. "I hope it's fine for tonight at least..."

"Much obliged, sugah!" Cindy smiled at Dedue and the others. "If y'all gonna give us room and board then ah'd be happy to provide some help. Ya got somethin' you need fixin'? Then ah'm your gal!"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @MegaMeerkat @Capri @Lucky @Sark @Minerva

"I don't mind where I stay, though thank you for your hospitality." Calista spoke up, grateful that those they've met just happened to be nice people. She couldn't imagine if they'd met someone like her fiancé. She nearly shuddered at the thought.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Capri @Jeremi

Ultimately, rooms were decided upon, with Adeleine, Saki, and Tippi staying with Isabelle, Calista and Cindy staying with Dedue, and Ana, Blanka, and Serah staying with Morty. "We'll make sure you all get to Isabelle's home first," Dedue said. "Though we've managed to avoid any robot attacks here, you can never be too careful, especially at night." It seemed he also picked up on Ado's anxiousness and wanted to make sure the girl felt safe. As they all headed out, he looked at the group. "So...you all were in that place the entire time? No other contact with the outside world?"

Ultimately, rooms were decided upon, with Adeleine, Saki, and Tippi staying with Isabelle, Calista and Cindy staying with Dedue, and Ana, Blanka, and Serah staying with Morty. "We'll make sure you all get to Isabelle's home first," Dedue said. "Though we've managed to avoid any robot attacks here, you can never be too careful, especially at night." It seemed he also picked up on Ado's anxiousness and wanted to make sure the girl felt safe. As they all headed out, he looked at the group. "So...you all were in that place the entire time? No other contact with the outside world?"

"Yep!" Cindy nodded. "Seems like we missed quite a lot. Though Ah suppose getting stuck in a TV is an experience we don't share with a lot of people either!" Her cheery expression seemed to dampen a bit though. "Considerin' the situation, ah suppose we missed something pretty big..."

Back