Adeleine took Saki’s hand as they approached the building.

She heard the voices. They taunted Saki. The voices were almost certainly a sign of malevolent forces being at play. Hardening her face, Ado grabbed her paintbrush.

“I can handle this...”

She actually could, she’s won against many powerful beings before.

@Yun Lee

View attachment 4783

Inside there was no ceiling, only more beams and pillars made from beer kegs so tall they vanished into the sky. Fluorescent lights flickered above, painting the room in an eerie blue. It looked less like an actual store, and more like a warped setting of some play.

Immediately stepping inside, Saki looked deeply uncomfortable. "...we need to get out of here. This is...this has got to be some kind of messed-up joke."

"Is that what this is, Saki? A joke?!"

Another voice cried out, this one a distinct male voice that made her flinch.

"You see our family struggling, and you get a job with our competitor?! How could you?!"

"D-Dad..."

For anyone listening, there seemed to be some sort of sobbing noise further in...

@Jeremi @amwexia @Raynar Saassin @Takumi @Lucky @Sark @Minerva

Adeleine took a look at Saki, concern written on her face.

“Don’t be scared, we’re all here,”

Ado displayed surprising maturity for a 9-year-old. She wrapped herself around Saki’s leg in an attempt to console her.

@Yun Lee @EveryoneElse​

Inside there was no ceiling, only more beams and pillars made from beer kegs so tall they vanished into the sky. Fluorescent lights flickered above, painting the room in an eerie blue. It looked less like an actual store, and more like a warped setting of some play.

Immediately stepping inside, Saki looked deeply uncomfortable. "...we need to get out of here. This is...this has got to be some kind of messed-up joke."

"You see our family struggling, and you get a job with our competitor?! How could you?!"

"D-Dad..."

For anyone listening, there seemed to be some sort of sobbing noise further in...

"Hey!"

Brenner exclaimed as he stepped forward into the store and shouted.

"Whoever you are in there, come out. You're upsetting our new friend, and I don't appreciate your hostility."

@Yun Lee @amwexia @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Sark @Minerva

"How comfortable would you be if I borrowed it for defense? My pistol has no ammunition."

@Jeremi

“Sorry, hon. It has sentimental value for me.” She didn’t want to let the poor guy go in unprotected…instead of handing over her wrench she’d instead unbuckle the straps and handed over the automatic crossbow to him. “Y’all have better luck with this then Ah, that’s for sure. Ya clutch unto it there and press there to fire. It’s easy!”

View attachment 4783

"D-Dad..."

“This place is givin’ me the heebie-jeebies.” Cindy walked further in and put her hand on Saki’s shoulder. “Don’t listen to them ya hear? Even if it sounds like him that’s definitely your dad. Would he ever say stuff like that to ya?“ Cindy really hoped that wasn’t the case.

“Sorry, hon. It has sentimental value for me.” She didn’t want to let the poor guy go in unprotected…instead of handing over her wrench she’d instead unbuckle the straps and handed over the automatic crossbow to him. “Y’all have better luck with this then Ah, that’s for sure. Ya clutch unto it there and press there to fire. It’s easy!”

When she handed over the Automatic Crossbow and explained how to use it, he wielded it and pretended to fire the weapon.

"Surprisingly easy. I will ensure this returns to you in the same condition you provided it in."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @amwexia @Takumi @Lucky @Sark @Minerva

"Oh, trust me...he did." Saki's voice echoed through the store as the sobbing soon turned to giggling. "Why wouldn't he? They all hate me, anyway..."

@Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Raynar Saassin @Sark @Minerva @Takumi

"Sugah, that's just crazy talk," Cindy replied flashing Saki a friendly smile. "Now ah don't know much about you, but ya don't seem like a gal ya could hate. If that really is ya father then ah suggest we'd have some face to face talkin' we'd need to get to." Leaving Saki with Adeleine as she took a few steps towards the giggling.

"Y'all think that's funny don't ya? Well, maybe ya should get out here instead of gigglin' in the shadows."

@Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Raynar Saassin @Sark @Minerva @Takumi

"Oh, trust me...he did." Saki's voice echoed through the store as the sobbing soon turned to giggling. "Why wouldn't he? They all hate me, anyway..."

"I may of only just met you, but I don't believe that you'd be one to cause suffering."

"Sugah, that's just crazy talk," Cindy replied flashing Saki a friendly smile. "Now ah don't know much about you, but ya don't seem like a gal ya could hate. If that really is ya father then ah suggest we'd have some face to face talkin' we'd need to get to." Leaving Saki with Adeleine as she took a few steps towards the giggling.

"Y'all think that's funny don't ya? Well, maybe ya should get out here instead of gigglin' in the shadows."

Brenner followed Cindy as he kept her Crossbow at the ready.

"How about we step out of the shadows and discuss this properly. We can settle this peacefully if you co-operate."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee
@Capri @Takumi @Minerva @Sark @Lucky

"But I didn't...!" It was too late though, as they had already left. She looked at Adeleine and anyone else nearby, more shocked than anything else. "I didn't say that..."

The giggling turned to full on laughter, before Saki spoke again. "I bet you all hate me, too! Hate me for being poor, hate me for just existing! No matter how you look at it, I'm screwed!"

"Stop it!" Saki ran to catch up to the others. "I don't think that at all!"

"Oh, PLEASE. Of course you do! Wanna know how I know?" The laughing figure stepped out into the light, and Saki gasped.View attachment 4845

"Because I AM you."

@Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @Capri @Takumi @Lucky

ADELEINE
Ado looked at Saki, and then looked at the other Saki.

“Th-this is a fake! Saki, this is all some dark magic, I’ve experienced stuff like this firsthand! S-Saki! She’s lying!”

@Yun Lee @EveryoneElse

"But I didn't...!" It was too late though, as they had already left. She looked at Adeleine and anyone else nearby, more shocked than anything else. "I didn't say that..."

The giggling turned to full on laughter, before Saki spoke again. "I bet you all hate me, too! Hate me for being poor, hate me for just existing! No matter how you look at it, I'm screwed!"

"Stop it!" Saki ran to catch up to the others. "I don't think that at all!"

"Oh, PLEASE. Of course you do! Wanna know how I know?" The laughing figure stepped out into the light, and Saki gasped.View attachment 4845

"Because I AM you."

Well this got weird…er. “Y’all got a twin, Saki?” Though Cindy figured that wasn’t the case. Instead, she turned to face the other Saki that emerged in front of them.

“Ya have to be crazy to think ah don’t like someone just because if they’re poor or not! Saki’s a sweet kid and y’all talkin’ about yourself? Herself? Like that is crazy.” She then turned back to the Saki that they had walked in with to the store. “It sounds like ya have somethin’ to get off ya chest.”

Well this got weird…er. “Y’all got a twin, Saki?” Though Cindy figured that wasn’t the case. Instead, she turned to face the other Saki that emerged in front of them.

“Ya have to be crazy to think ah don’t like someone just because if they’re poor or not! Saki’s a sweet kid and y’all talkin’ about yourself? Herself? Like that is crazy.” She then turned back to the Saki that they had walked in with to the store. “It sounds like ya have somethin’ to get off ya chest.”

“It’s dark magic! I wish Kirby was here... he knows how to solve stuff like this!”

Ado still kept herself close to Saki, holding her paintbrush just incase this fake Saki gets violent.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Raynar Saassin @Takumi @Lucky @Minerva

"None of you GET it, do you?" Other Saki said. "No one gets it! No one understands me, and I hate it! I hate all of them, and I hate all of you!"

"Stop it..."

"You guys don't even know me. 'Oh, Saki is so mature!' 'What a sweet girl Saki is!' I'm so sick of it! Don't you get that it's all an act?!"

"N-No...!"

"I just do what I can to get by. I bear the gossip from the neighbors, the shame from my parents, the flirting from that slimy little Junes brat. No one REALLY likes me, and I don't really like anyone else!"

"SHUT UP!!!" Saki screamed, eyes shut tight as her hands covered her ears. "I can't take it!! Stop using my voice and my face and stop saying those things! YOU'RE NOT ME!!!"

There was a sudden silence that cut through the air. Then...

"...hee hee."

Other Saki began laughing again. "Hee hee hee...a ha...ahahaha! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Her voice became distorted, her body starting to morph. Soon she was no longer Saki...but something else entirely.

View attachment 4867

All around, the fog was starting to slowly fade away, and cries of monsters grew louder and louder. If you didn't act now, staying here would likely guarantee death.

@Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @Raynar Saassin @Takumi

Ado’s face hardened, determined to protect Saki from this demon who took her face and voice.

Taking a notepad out, Adeleine began to doodle on the page with her paintbrush. Speedily, she uses her powers to bring the artwork she made to life.

The monster popped from the page.

View attachment 4868
The Poppy Bros. Jr. then ran at the demonic Saki, tossing his bombs at it.

@Yun Lee

"None of you GET it, do you?" Other Saki said. "No one gets it! No one understands me, and I hate it! I hate all of them, and I hate all of you!"

"Stop it..."

"You guys don't even know me. 'Oh, Saki is so mature!' 'What a sweet girl Saki is!' I'm so sick of it! Don't you get that it's all an act?!"

"N-No...!"

"I just do what I can to get by. I bear the gossip from the neighbors, the shame from my parents, the flirting from that slimy little Junes brat. No one REALLY likes me, and I don't really like anyone else!"

"SHUT UP!!!" Saki screamed, eyes shut tight as her hands covered her ears. "I can't take it!! Stop using my voice and my face and stop saying those things! YOU'RE NOT ME!!!"

There was a sudden silence that cut through the air. Then...

"...hee hee."

Other Saki began laughing again. "Hee hee hee...a ha...ahahaha! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Her voice became distorted, her body starting to morph. Soon she was no longer Saki...but something else entirely.

View attachment 4867

All around, the fog was starting to slowly fade away, and cries of monsters grew louder and louder. If you didn't act now, staying here would likely guarantee death.

@Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @Raynar Saassin @Takumi

Cindy turned her focus towards Saki. She wasn't quite sure what this was all about, but the fact that that thing had taken her appearance might have been a clue. She clutched onto the girls' shoulders to get her attention. "Honey ah know you're probably hurtin' now, but we got to do somethin'. Is anythin' that thing sayin' not real? Or is there somethin' else goin' on?"

@Yun Lee @Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @Raynar Saassin @Takumi

Back