"I don't..." Saki looked thoroughly rocked by this situation. "I don't know what's happening..."

The bombs had no effect on the monster, who merely laughed as the fog started dying away further. Another creature reached out and grabbed Brenner by the ankle, dragging him away from the group into nothingness. Another latched onto a cardboard box, trying to reach whatever, or whoever, may be inside. It seemed like all hope was lost, until...

"Oh thank goodness! I found you guys!" A high-pitched voice called from outside the store. "All of you, please get out of there! I'm gonna get you out!"

@Jeremi @Capri @Minerva @Lucky @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi

"None of you GET it, do you?" Other Saki said. "No one gets it! No one understands me, and I hate it! I hate all of them, and I hate all of you!"

"Stop it..."

"You guys don't even know me. 'Oh, Saki is so mature!' 'What a sweet girl Saki is!' I'm so sick of it! Don't you get that it's all an act?!"

"N-No...!"

"I just do what I can to get by. I bear the gossip from the neighbors, the shame from my parents, the flirting from that slimy little Junes brat. No one REALLY likes me, and I don't really like anyone else!"

"SHUT UP!!!" Saki screamed, eyes shut tight as her hands covered her ears. "I can't take it!! Stop using my voice and my face and stop saying those things! YOU'RE NOT ME!!!"

There was a sudden silence that cut through the air. Then...

"...hee hee."

Other Saki began laughing again. "Hee hee hee...a ha...ahahaha! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Her voice became distorted, her body starting to morph. Soon she was no longer Saki...but something else entirely.

View attachment 4867

All around, the fog was starting to slowly fade away, and cries of monsters grew louder and louder. If you didn't act now, staying here would likely guarantee death.

@Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @Raynar Saassin @Takumi

Calista's hand went to the hilt of her rapier, warily watching the humanoid beast before them.

"Begone." Her voice was quiet, but firm, eyes narrowing as she kept a calm and steady tone. Her hands glowed softly with light magic, prepared to attack or defend in a moment's notice.

Cindy turned her focus towards Saki. She wasn't quite sure what this was all about, but the fact that that thing had taken her appearance might have been a clue. She clutched onto the girls' shoulders to get her attention. "Honey ah know you're probably hurtin' now, but we got to do somethin'. Is anythin' that thing sayin' not real? Or is there somethin' else goin' on?"

@Yun Lee @Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @Raynar Saassin @Takumi

"I don't..." Saki looked thoroughly rocked by this situation. "I don't know what's happening..."

The bombs had no effect on the monster, who merely laughed as the fog started dying away further. Another creature reached out and grabbed Brenner by the ankle, dragging him away from the group into nothingness. Another latched onto a cardboard box, trying to reach whatever, or whoever, may be inside. It seemed like all hope was lost, until...

"Oh thank goodness! I found you guys!" A high-pitched voice called from outside the store. "All of you, please get out of there! I'm gonna get you out!"

Calista's jaw clenched for a moment as Brenner was dragged away. Given their current situation, that voice could be their best bet.

Tippi

" I think we should follow the voice outside and hurry as we do. There is no telling what sort of danger we might find waiting here."

@Jerei @Capri @Minerva @Yun Lee @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi

"I'm with you, it doesn't look like our attacks would work here." Calista spoke. Along with being heavily outnumbered. Even against the Reptids that attacked Lazulis Castle they at least had much more numbers than the group she was with.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @Sark @Minerva @MegaMeerkat @Capri @Everyone

Ado’s eyes widened.

Poppy Bros Jr’s attacks... didn’t work? Adeleine thought, A-and the injured man...

She began freeze up, shuddering. She just witnessed a man, Brenner, die right before her eyes. Her eyes, which were filling with tears. She could’ve done something to prevent this. She had to choose Poppy Bros Jr.

ANY
other monster could have defeated it! But she chose Poppy Bros Jr.! She could have saved Brenner!

Ado clung to Saki’s leg. She was violently shaking. Muffled sobs could be heard from the child. Along with some words...

“I-I’m sorry.... sorry... for-...please...-give me... sorry”

@Yun Lee @Everyone Else​

As the thing latched onto the cardboard box a loud squeak of fright is heard as Ana pops out of the wall of the box and quickly bounces across the wall heading for the exit as she was making panicked whimpers. She eventually jumped offend suddenly latches onto Saki as well hoping that she wouldn’t be noticed.

then she heard the crying. She looked down and saw Ado crying and in turn climbed down to see her eye to eye. “It’s not your fault.” She said in a kind tone.

@Capri
Ado’s eyes widened.

Poppy Bros Jr’s attacks... didn’t work? Adeleine thought, A-and the injured man...

She began freeze up, shuddering. She just witnessed a man, Brenner, die right before her eyes. Her eyes, which were filling with tears. She could’ve done something to prevent this. She had to choose Poppy Bros Jr.

ANY
other monster could have defeated it! But she chose Poppy Bros Jr.! She could have saved Brenner!

Ado clung to Saki’s leg. She was violently shaking. Muffled sobs could be heard from the child. Along with some words...

“I-I’m sorry.... sorry... for-...please...-give me... sorry”

@Yun Lee @Everyone Else​

Cindy could do nothing as Brenner was dragged of except pick up the weapon she had lent him. A lot of good that had been. "Yeah let's all mosey on outta here. Ah don't think we're going to have any chances if we stick around here!" Grabbing Saki by the hand Cindy started to make her way towards the exit.

@Yun Lee @Capri @Minerva @Lucky @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi

Saki wasn't able to respond to Adeleine, or this newcomer latching onto her, as Cindy started pulling her out of the store. The rest of the group was able to escape the area, with a strange...thing waiting for them. It looked like some bearlike mascot you'd see at a theme park or store, and the voice you'd heard from within seemed to be coming from it.

"Quick! We don't have beary much time until the fog clears! I can't promise the Shadows won't cause any more problems!" It seemed your only options at this point were to listen to this unusual creature or take your own chances with whatever was in this place.

@Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @MegaMeerkat @Takumi @Minerva @Sark

Saki wasn't able to respond to Adeleine, or this newcomer latching onto her, as Cindy started pulling her out of the store. The rest of the group was able to escape the area, with a strange...thing waiting for them. It looked like some bearlike mascot you'd see at a theme park or store, and the voice you'd heard from within seemed to be coming from it.

"Quick! We don't have beary much time until the fog clears! I can't promise the Shadows won't cause any more problems!" It seemed your only options at this point were to listen to this unusual creature or take your own chances with whatever was in this place.

Oh, that was weird, but right now she wasn't going to look the gift horse in the mouth...or bear as it was. "Lead the, little fella!" She looked over Saki with a friendly smile. "Ya think ya can still keep up?"

Oh, that was weird, but right now she wasn't going to look the gift horse in the mouth...or bear as it was. "Lead the, little fella!" She looked over Saki with a friendly smile. "Ya think ya can still keep up?"

upon this question Ana let go of Saki. “Oops... weighing her down. Not good notgood....” she looked at Ado and tries to prise her off too. “C’mon. Let’s go follow theteddy.” She said with a passive and mind tone hoping to show she was friendly. “What was that thing anyway? It only seemed to go nuts when her doppelgänger said they weren’t the same. What was it you said.... ‘your not me?’”

"We can talk about all this later!" The strange bear said. "Trust me, you guys don't wanna stick around for when the fog goes away...you're all lucky I was able to find you before that!"

"..." Sqaki was silent, a troubled expression on her face. "I...we...we should go..."

The bear nodded, though he did so with his whole body. "Good! Follow me, everyone!" He led you all away from the little shopping area, up some metal stairs to a place that looked more like a television studio set. It was brighter than the rest of the world, a bright yellow surrounding everything. On the platform he led you all onto were three televisions.

"Okay! Now...all you have to do is hop on into those TVs, and you'll be out of here in no time!"

Saki shifted uncomfortably. "Will I go back where I came in..?"

"To be perfectly honest, I...don't know. I don't think I've ever seen such a large group of people here before! You can't all have come from the same place, so...maybe?" The bear frowned. "But this is the only chance you have of escaping before the Shadows go berserk. If you want to come back, just use the TV when the fog clears out there! Right now though, you all need to get out!"

@Jeremi @MegaMeerkat @Capri @Takumi @Lucky @Minerva @Sark

"We can talk about all this later!" The strange bear said. "Trust me, you guys don't wanna stick around for when the fog goes away...you're all lucky I was able to find you before that!"

"..." Sqaki was silent, a troubled expression on her face. "I...we...we should go..."

The bear nodded, though he did so with his whole body. "Good! Follow me, everyone!" He led you all away from the little shopping area, up some metal stairs to a place that looked more like a television studio set. It was brighter than the rest of the world, a bright yellow surrounding everything. On the platform he led you all onto were three televisions.

"Okay! Now...all you have to do is hop on into those TVs, and you'll be out of here in no time!"

"To be perfectly honest, I...don't know. I don't think I've ever seen such a large group of people here before! You can't all have come from the same place, so...maybe?" The bear frowned. "But this is the only chance you have of escaping before the Shadows go berserk. If you want to come back, just use the TV when the fog clears out there! Right now though, you all need to get out!"

Calista frowned at this, gripping the handle of her rapier in a white knuckle grip to try and ground herself. She couldn't do anything for Brenner, she didn't act fast enough. She had healed him, but in his time of need she couldn't do anything to help him. If she couldn't keep one man safe, how else could she keep her own people safe once she became their Countess?

She took a small breath in an attempt to stay calm as she she glanced to the three televisions present.

"Why are there three of them? Does it...does it not matter which one we go through?" She asked, brows furrowed in confusion as a headache was starting to come on from how bright this place seemed.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Capri @Sark @Everyone

Adeleine was still crying, completely ignoring Ana’s consolations.

When Saki began to walk, Adeleine fell over, falling off of Saki’s leg. She ran up to Saki and walked by her side. Her tears dried somewhat.

She stayed close to Saki, not saying a single word, but a guilt-ridden expression present on her face.

@Yun Lee @EveryoneElse​

"What in tarnation is this place anyway?" Cindy asked looking around the area. "Ah can't say ah've really figured this all out? Y'all sayin' we can get outta here by jumpin' into a TV? What was that other Saki about, heck what kind of fast food mascot are you supposed to be?" The whole situation didn't really sit right with the mechanic.

"Before ah jump in there ah'd like to hear some answers from you."

@Yun Lee @MegaMeerkat @Capri @Takumi @Lucky @Minerva @Sark

Ana decided to slowly waddle around the TV sets to see if there was a hidden compartment. She believed what the bear said it’ll send her back. But the question is... will she go back to Diamond City? “Who are you anyway Mister Bear?” She asked as she finished her inspection. “Where are we. Why did a copy of her go nuts when she was told she isn’t the same?”

then she heard Ado continuing to cry. “Uh... hold that thought....” she slowly walked up to Ado and did theonly other thing she thought could help. Wrap her arms around Ado and give her a tight hug hoping to squeeze thebad feelings away.
@Capri @Yun Lee

"You guys are gonna ask for questions now? Well, I guess that makes sense, but..." He glanced around nervously, as the noise grew louder and the fog grew lighter. "You're cutting it beary close! My name is Teddie, I live in this world, along with beings called Shadows. If you met one that looks like her," he pointed at Saki, "that means the area you were in was shaped after her own subconscious, and that Shadow was her own. I think rejecting her Shadow upset...ugh, we don't have anymore time! Please, whatever TV you end up in on the other side will take you back here. Come back when the fog clears over there, I can tell you more!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Capri @MegaMeerkat @Takumi @Sark @Minerva

"You guys are gonna ask for questions now? Well, I guess that makes sense, but..." He glanced around nervously, as the noise grew louder and the fog grew lighter. "You're cutting it beary close! My name is Teddie, I live in this world, along with beings called Shadows. If you met one that looks like her," he pointed at Saki, "that means the area you were in was shaped after her own subconscious, and that Shadow was her own. I think rejecting her Shadow upset...ugh, we don't have anymore time! Please, whatever TV you end up in on the other side will take you back here. Come back when the fog clears over there, I can tell you more!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Capri @MegaMeerkat @Takumi @Sark @Minerva

Cindy had a concerned look on her face as she looked around. "Y'all heard what the bear said. Think it's time we mosy on outta here, we've gotta figure this out later when it's safe." She still wasn't quite sure about any of this but maybe it would be clearer once they got the whole story. "Teddie was it? How are we supposed to get back here after leavin' through the TV?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Capri @MegaMeerkat @Takumi @Sark @Minerva

Cindy had a concerned look on her face as she looked around. "Y'all heard what the bear said. Think it's time we mosy on outta here, we've gotta figure this out later when it's safe." She still wasn't quite sure about any of this but maybe it would be clearer once they got the whole story. "Teddie was it? How are we supposed to get back here after leavin' through the TV?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Capri @MegaMeerkat @Takumi @Sark @Minerva

ana looked up to the mechanic. “He said whatever TV you wind up being spat out of is the one you use to get back in!” She said before waving at Teddie. “Thank you Mister Teddie!We’ll be back soon!” And without another word, Ana grabbedSaki by the hand and attempts to head for the TVs to leave. Only to get nowhere. She may be a ninja but she’s not strong enough to yank someone almost twice her age.

@Yun Lee
@everyoneelse

"Just use the same TV you come out of!" That was the last thing Teddie said before taking matters into his own hands. With the last of the fog almost gone, the bear shoved anyone who was still on the fence into the television.

tumblr_n3h8foksKL1s3na75o1_500.gif

You were falling, falling through an endless tunnel of light that made your head spin. It felt so much longer than it must have been, just falling through the same flashing lights over and over, until...

You land all together in a heap on the floor. As you get readjusted to your new surroundings, you realize you're in some sort of room.

f0585492af28844b843876904205866d.png

It's very pretty, with tasteful furniture and nice music playing from a stereo on the other side of the room. Behind you is a plasma TV, one that doesn't seem nearly large enough for the world you were in, but one definitely big enough to fit into. But perhaps the world inside the TV is not the problem at the moment...because you can hear footsteps coming from another room.

@Jeremi @MegaMeerkat @Capri @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Minerva

Ana sat up with a groan "uuuugh..." She scratched her head and quickly looked around to see if everyone was ok. "Saki lady.... Bourbon Street mechanic... Little Miss Artist... me..." She was counting who she knew on her fingers. she meant Saki, Cindy, Adeleine and herself so far. "uh... um... where the heck are we now... also... foot steps! gotta hide gotta hide...." She looked around to see if she had some ninja trick she could pull to hide everyone. But she was scared what they would say... She was conflicted

@Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Minerva @Yun Lee

Tippi

" Okay, I know that everything has been bad so far, but the person who designed this room has good taste in art and even making sure things don't clash. Maybe we should see if they are friendly before we panic."

@Yun Lee @Everyone

Back