"If I knew," Rose replied, for once actually showing her frustration, "I wouldn't be coming t'you about a situation, would I? If I knew what t'do, I'd do it, or have done it, and it'd be done."

Again, she looked over her shoulder at Valara, and with a sigh said, "Perhaps, well... we could ask her."

"I can hear ya" Valara said "just go on yer way I'll be fine" she was used to living on the streets by now.

Nassirah sighed. "You're a fire elemental of some kind aren't you?" She asked the girl directly.

Valara nodded "then leaving you out on the streets today is a death wish. Still raining" she shook her head "I'll pay for another night but you don't let anyone see you hear brat?"

Valara nodded vigorously "we'll sort out what to do wh3n we get back" she saif to rose now

"A fire elemental," Rose murmured, a look of amazement on her face. She took a quick glance at Valara again, and after a moment she said, "well, it will have t'do, I suppose. Alright." Rose took her things from her bed, and slung them over her shoulder before going to the door.

"Although if it keeps raining, and we aren't back by check out time tomorrow..." she murmured, but shook the concern away, at least for the moment. The child had survived this long, and they were helping her as much as they could for the time being.

"It's the best we can do" Nassirah agreed, once more showing she wasn't totally heartless whatever hard shell she tried to show. "Get her settled I'll go pay for the extra night. Make sure she understands that I will skin her alive if she fucks this up though" she said before turning away to head into the office and speak to the inn keeper.

Valara of course had heard everything, she ran up and hugged Rose "I won't mess up promise. I'll be quiet and good" this was probably the kindest gesture she had known since, well, probably ever. First being given a place to sleep for a night now given a room at an inn for a second to keep her out of the rain. It meant a lot to her.

"I suppose we just have t'hope we're either back by tomorrow, or it stops raining." Rose replied, and closed the door after Nassirah had walked away. Then she knelt down when Valara hugged her, returning the gesture, "I'm sure you will be," she said gently, and letting go, she looked the child in her eyes and told her, "I don't know what's going t'happen after this, I don't even know where I'm going but..."

Rose rolled her shoulders back and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "Well, anyway, there's no use fretting about it for now. Today we're out of the storm, and no one can say where the road will lead. Remember: keep quiet." She winked playfully at Valara, and then headed out to meet Nassirah at the front of the building. She was probably overreacting, but she went out the window, rather than out the door, figuring the Inn Keeper might find it odd if he sees both women leave, but neither return that night, despite paying for the room. She didn't want him to investigate.

Valara watched her go for a moment before she ran to the window and watched as she went to meet Nassirah who was waiting, somewhat impatiently by her bike. she hoped she would come back and hoped somehow she could stay with Rose. For now she supposed she would just have to wait

Nassira tossed Rose the key "Sure you can drive this thing?"

"I can drive it well enough," Rose replied, "at the very least, I won't crash it. Probably." She smirked, clearly teasing. Although, to be fair, she certainly wasn't as good of a driver as her companion. Still, she knew well enough not to crash into anything.

"Anyway, if I couldn't, we'd be walking. With your hand, there's no way we'd be driving."

She smirked a little "you're joking but if you wreck my bike you will be spending a lot more time with me earning the money to get her fixed" she said before climbing on behind Rose. Felt strange to ride on the back of her own bike but Rose was right. Her hand needed to heal before she could drive

"Don't tempt me with a good time," Rose teased, knowing full well if the bike was so much as scratched she would be working for the next twenty years to fix it, and she had no desire to be a bounty hunter for life, "I might drive into a tree on purpose." With that, she mounted the bike, and after checking if Nassirah was ready, and turned towards the forest.

For what it was worth, she handled the bike well enough, although she didn't drive as quickly as Nassirah, and probably looked both ways more times than was nessecary at turns.

Back