"I don't really eat those things," Rose replied. She was sensitive to grease, "but thank you for offering. I'll probably just find a place with a salad or chicken or something. Thank you for offering, though, it's kind." She smiled, and rocked on her heels.

"Pizza places have salad now days too" she pointed out "dinners on me" she insisted. Flower girl had done a good job and this was her way of saying so.

"Meet me in my room in lets say..an hour" she stated before walking off, once more glancing st the sky, the sun about to set

"Thank you," she said, "I'll meet you then. Room 110, right?" After receiving confirmation she had the correct room number, Rose headed to her's, and set her things down. She stretched, rubbed her face, and checked the time. Deciding she didn't have enough time to shower, or freshen herself up beyond splashing some water on her face, she went into her bag and pulled out her fiddle, and sitting on the edge of her bed, played.

Her playing caught the attention of someone small.

Big green eyes were peaking into her room thru a gap in the curtains. A mess of bright red curls was just visible too. Judging by the fact the eyes were down so low suggested a child or a goblin. Though the skin wasn't green

"Oh," Rose exclaimed, and set her violin aside and opened the window, "hello there, can I help you with something?" She tucked her hair back, and approached without fear. As always, when greeting someone she made herself as pleasant and welcoming as she could manage. Considering she also had curly red hair, and a similar eye colour, she felt some subconscious draw to the stranger.

As soon as she came close to the window though, the little girl darted off and hid in some nearby bushes. As she ran off though she could tell the clothes she had on were too big and her feet were bare. Mostly a tangled mess of red curls though.

Homeless kids were not unheard of wondering the streets of the city but not so much out here

"Hey, don't worry," she said, "hold on," Rose popped into her bag and pulled out the package of bread and caramel, and tucked it under one arm, and her violin under the other, and popped through the window to cautiously and slowly approached the child.

"Are you hungry?" She asked, "it's okay, I'm not angry you were listening. I'll play some more for you, if you'd like."

After a moment her head poked out. A diety little girl who was clearly starving. She licked her lips eyes on the food a moment before looking back up at the elf. She didn't seem so sure, not trusting adults it seemed but she wasn't running off either, the food looked awful good, her stomach audibly growled

"Hey, it's alright," Rose said, and sat down a little bit away. She set her violin down beside her, along with the bow, and then unwrapped the bread, tore a piece off for herself and ate it, to show that it was safe. Then she tore another piece off, and extended it to the child, "I promise it's okay. What's your name, love? I'm Rose, it's very nice to meet you."

She hesitated a bit longer but came out and crouched a few feet away, leaning forward she snatched the bread and stuffed it in her mouth without looking away from her though. The girl looked to be perhaps six years old, her eyes starting to sink back and her fingers and arms were far too thin and she was visibly dirty, she had likely been on her own for awhile.

she swallowed before she spoke in a soft crackly voice, probably parched as well as starving "Valara" she said

"Valara," she repeated, "hi. It's nice to meet you. Do you live out here?" Rose kept her gentle eyes on the little girl, and made sure not to make any quick movements that may scare her away.

she took another big bite of the bread and nodded as she chewed, still watching Rose intently "Mamma left me" she said quietly, mouth still half full of food. IT wasn't entirely uncommon for children to be abandoned in favor of a better life or drugs. It was the sad truth of society and the poor kids usually didn't last long if they weren't put in another home

"Did she?" Rose asked, doing her best to appear as empathetic as she was, without seeming overly sad, because even kids don't like to be pitied, "and do you just live here, now?

Valara swallowed the last piece, nearly choking on it with how dry her mouth and throat were. She nodded, coughing again to clear her throat. She didn't say anything though, looking past her as the inn keeper came out.

"Hey! Bugger off! Don't be botherin my guest's" he shouted.

Valara backed off a little "go on I said!" The man said waving her off like one might a pest

"No, no, it's alright, I don't mind!" Rose said, waving her arms frantically, "I'm not bothered, really! It was just nice t'talk with her, is all!"

The jumped to her feet, and stood between them, leaving the bread and caramel, and her precious violin, on the soft grass, "I don't mind, really!"

The inn keeper frowned "I don't allow vagrants on my property" he he said "she's stealin from ya now!" He added as Valara picked up the violin and caramels

"Sorry!" Valara cried before taking off at a run. She figured she could sell the instrument get some money for more food maybe

"Ah!" Rose exclaimed, and quickly turned around to the innkeeper and said, "I'm sorry, excuse me!" Before turning around and running after the girl. She didn't care about the caramel, but she couldn't lose her violin.

"Valara!"

Valara took off down a side street and quickly climbed down into a basement of a building thru a broken window and ducked behind some old crates where the owner of the building never looked. She had made this spot her home and she hoped the elf wasn't quick enough to see where she had gone.

She felt bad but she had to do whatever she had to in order to eat

Rose ran for as long as she could, and even after she lost sight of the child she called for her and asked if anybody had seen where she had gone.

"I would have helped you," she said softly, more to herself than to Valara, who obviously couldn't hear, "if you had given the the chance." She was frozen to the spot, because it wasn't just any violin she had lost, it was one of great personal significance, and even if it wasn't... it wasn't like she could afford a new instrument, not one of quality.

Only moments later she heard Valara "lemme go! You ain't got not right!" She was saying angrily.

"No right? That's my friends violin you twerp!" Nassirah retorted, sounded like they were only one street over from where Rose had stopped

"Owe! Let go!" Nassirah had Valara by the arm, violin in the other

Back