Soul Eater RP backstories, relationships, and other ideas

AmatsuOtaku

Professional fanboy
Here we'll put potential storylines etc for any of the various Soul Eater rps.
All of them follow the same general rules;
-Open-world
-Canon characters and ocs
-No set storyline at start of rp
-Does not follow canon timeline

That being said, here's where random ideas can go instead of taking over the oc/sign-up thread xD

The madness wavelengths

So I've only seen up to about ep. 35 of the Soul Eater anime. That means obviously I don't know how the story plays out. This is actually an advantage in an AU/alternate timeline because I won't be tempted to stray towards the canon, and can instead do whatever the heck I want with this story xD

I plan on adding in the "madness wavelength" to the rps, but since it involves the kishin under the DWMA that I, as of now, don't know much about, we'll have to find a different explanation for why it's happening.

My idea is that mentally/emotionally unstable characters will be the only ones noticeably affected by the madness. This includes, but is not limited to, prof. Stein, Crona, and my oc Shiko. They can be brought back from it, though the way it happens will vary from person to person. For example, Shiko is very stubborn and will have to be completely incapable of fighting back or escaping before she can be restored from the madness. This means they'll definitely have to fight her, and she will not surrender until she is literally almost dead.

My next post will go more in-depth about how my oc, Shiko, is affected.

The madness wavelengths cont'd;

When the kishin beneath the DWMA is awakened, this "madness wavelength" causes the already unstable people to basically go crazy. Among those canonically affected are Stein and Crona. In this alternate timeline, the emergence of the madness wavelengths will be due to something else entirely, but the people affected and the way they're affected should stay the same. (I should probably also mention I haven't seen Crona's corruption so I have no idea what to expect from that lol)
Shiko is vulnerable to corruption as well, due to the suppressed chaotic and violent nature of her soul.

When under the influence of this "madness";

-She becomes more depressed and reckless, to the point of near-absolute nihilism
-Dissociation, stops feeling pain and will fight until her body is too broken to continue
-Her aggression, distrust, and violent chaotic nature are amplified.

Crona is capable of bringing her back (because she trusts them more than anyone), but of course it won't be easy for them. Shiko's self-destructive and stubborn attitude forces the weapons/meisters to attack her, leaving her unconscious and nearly dead at the end of the fight. When she wakes up, probably after many days, she will quickly come back to normal with the help and support of Crona/her friends.

Scenario brainstorm
(Edited from original post in character depository)
  • Annoying Kid in every way possible
  • Constantly competing with Black Star.
  • Arguing over the meister issue (her insisting she doesn't need a meister even though she gets hurt when operating alone)
  • Shiko having to smack some sense into Kid and/or Black Star
  • Shiko trying to convince Ragnarok to leave them alone xD
Scenarios exclusively involving Shiko x Crona (we HAVE to do at least some of these);
  • Crona being scared of Shiko at first and someone else having to tell her to back off (she won't listen)
  • Crona finally warming up to Shiko. Shiko seeing them smile for the first time, and absolutely freaking out like "omg they're so sweet and innocent and pure ?! ... This is mine now. I have claimed it. I will protect it forever."
  • Sleepy Shiko falling asleep on Crona :3 (and Crona not knowing how to deal with that! lol)
  • On the reverse side, Crona falling asleep on Shiko (and Shiko internally screaming because of how cute they are)
  • Shiko taking a hit for Crona (or maybe someone else but probably Crona)
  • Teary hugs and clinging onto each other after a big fight/scary experience, Crona seeing Shiko's weak side
  • Either of them having to comfort the other after waking up from a nightmare

Back