Soul Forge 1x1

Doriane heard the call and the warnjng bell began to toll in the village square. Why did bandits always pick the worst times. Crazy cleric or not, the lordling hauled himself up and took only his sword. There was no time for putting on armor.

Running the stairs and ignoring the tenderness in his foot, he made his way to the outskirts of the village where some of the huts were burning as was the gristle mill while the bandits razed whatever they could. He dodged for the nearest one and in a mighty swing of pent of anger snapped the man's sword in half before burying his own into his guts. Then with a heavy growl, he went in search of the next one.

Lady woke to the sound of the alarm bell echoing above the temple and immediately raised up from the bed. She'd only had a few hours of sleep, but something was wrong. Pulling on her tunic, she buttoned with nimble fingers and the grabbed her belt where her sword and dagger were waiting. There was no time to rebraid her hair, and it trailed behind her like a golden curtain as she brushed past the old cleric. "Stay here," was all she said before running out toward the smoke.

When she arrived, her eyes fell on Doriane and Ben fighting bandits while the huts burned. Cursing, she wove the spell to make herself invisible and then ran into the fray dagger in hand. She was headed toward the burning hut where screaming could be heard, but on the way she passed a bandit locked in combat with Ben. It took only a flick of her wrist to cut off his belt, causing his pants to fall as she ran by.

Ben was on the offensive as the bandits pants suddenly fell using the thunder seal he slashed the bandit only for the pants to trip him in a fast dodge Ben being in pursuit fell and got stabbed in the stomach. Ben felt his eyes felt blurry as he felt the cold steal pierce abdomen as red blood began to flow he raised his sword and slashed the offending bandits head barely missing by an inch as he got decapitated. rising up from the corpse the sword still impaled in his stomach.
he saw Doriane fighting with 2 more bandits when he spotted another coming from behind readying the axe to split the prince ling open. He quickly used the last amount of his strength to throw the Thunder Seal impaling the bandit's head. "HEY PRINCE USE IT!" He shouted.

His honed senses felt the danger suddenly coming from behind him moving to the right he felt hot pain run through his right arm as it was sliced from his elbow the hand flailing about in the air. 'Damnit, I'm done for'. Ben thought as he felt his strength leaving him. Taking out his dagger in his left hand he readied for his final stand.

"FORGIVE ME MIKAEL!" He shouted as he slashed at the bandit missing only for his second strike to cut the bandits neck in a spray of blood. A Knight wearing red armor charged at the cleric a giant glowing broadsword in hand Ben feeling such dangerous magic jumped only for his head to be cut off as a large wave of energy came from the sword.

Doriane looked back at the Clerics yell to find the man impaled and a sword stuck in the bandit behind him. He'd seen the power of it and didn't hesitate to stomp down on the bandits head to wrench the blade free. The blue haired man was likely dead and for all his talk it had been fast.

Swinging the sword around he used his energy to tap into the weapons power, rending the two bandits to ashes.

Lady ran to the first but where there were children screaming inside, the mother was dead in the door way, having been gutted by a violent swing by a bandit. The fire was raging in the thatched roof and could collapse at any moment. Dispelling her invisibility she ran inside, dodging the flaming debris and found the children hiding in the cupboard. "Come quick!" They held out their hands and she pulled them up and out of the cupboard, then dragged them toward the back door. With a shove, she pushed them outside just as some of the burning roof landed on her shoulder, searing through her tunic. "Damn," she hissed, before diving for the mud to put out the flames. Once the flames were out, leaving a red patch of skin exposed, another scream from the children made her wheel around to see a bandit running at them. Lady stumbled to her feet, her mud caked hair flinging everywhere and met the bandit with her sword. The first strike sent pins and needles down her arms, but she countered and slid her blade up her enemies then snapped it forward cracking him over the head. It wasn't a killing blow but enough to unlock them and make the bandit stumbled back.

Breathing hard from adrenaline, Lady looked to the children. "Run to the temple! Do not stop!"

That was all the more time she had before the bandit came at her again. She barely had time to parry before another hard strike landed on her blade. With a growl, Lady twisted her grip and lunged forward, sinking the blade into his belly with wide eyes. The product of her first killing blow slumped over, gurgling until the light left his eyes.

The cry of a warhorse from behind the house brought her out of the shock and she dashed around the house, applying her invisibility again. The strain of the spell was wearing on her but she had no choice.

A Red Armored knight came charging forward on a massive warhorse. She recongized him well enough. Hawkwood. A ghost knight that occasionally razed and raped at Hades' inattention. Damned Olympian clan couldn't keep their jobs! Only a Guardian could match him on the field. The demon galloped toward Doriane...after letting a blue haired head roll. "Ben!"

She and Doriane were no match for the Red Knight. Her brother began to run, dodging bodies and bandits to escape the light, but that was useless. Just as the ghost reared back for the killing blow, his horse stumbled with a pained screech. An arrow buried in its flank.

It tossed the Red Knight from his saddle into the dirt as more arrows came from every angle. Then a war cry sounded as men in black uniform flooded the area. The bandits fled, but only to fall with arrows or swords at their backs. A figure emerged from the shadows on a black stallion and sporting obsidian armor with a white raven emblazoned on the front. The man wore no helm and had a young face framed by black, glossy hair. The visage sent chills up Lady's spine for she knew who this man was, at least by reputation.

Guardian Wyn Mallory, Lord Commander of the Black Guard had come.

He drew his longsword, Iravanis, and his eyes turned to bright red, as he kicked his horse into a full gallop. The mere sight of it made sickening dread fall over Lady. The effect of Iravanis, the demon blade was devastating, searing through the horse and the Red Knight as if a hot knife to butter. The ghost fell away to nothing as Sir Mallory sheathed his sword, and nodded to his men. "Victor, get this place cleaned up."

Those red eyes fell on Lady's exact spot for a long moment. Could he see her? It was like those eyes were boring into her until his attention snapped back to his men. Pointing to Doriane, he nodded. "You get to work and help them burn the bodies."

Doriane looked too scared to protest and stumbled backward to start working. Lady looked around until her eyes fell on the remnants of Ben. She should not have left him alone and somehow his death felt like something she could have changed. Skiritng around the Guardian, she picked up his body and his head. The arm was missing but the important bits were there. He was heavier than he looked and several times she nearly dropped him before her energy to keep up her invisibility wanted.

Collapsing on the the temple steps, Ben's body tumbled from her hands and the old cleric opened the door, a shocked look coming to his wrinkled face.

"Bury him as a cleric," she said, before giving over to unconsciousness

David traversed the night continuing his journey through the plains he rode atop his white stag as he followed the foul energies.

He had taken sometime to go through the groves in the region to stock up on herbs and when he felt the malefic energies he quickly followed it do to his destiny.Riding far he saw a fire going on in the town ahead and urged his mount to ride faster.

When he reached his destination bodies were abundant and many people were injured the bandits themselves felt hollow as malefic energies could be sensed from their corpses.

Climbing down his stag he called out "Hello can anyone tell me what hapepned here?"

A villager carrying injured said "Red Knight attacked with bandits" the man said before lifting up th injured man from the rubble. Looking over to a man in black armor was leading the knights. The mans air felt beyond human an unnatural existence. Looking at a well dressed man that seemed to be lifting bodies with a limp he approched him. "You seem to have suffered some injuries to your leg hear let me help." Raising his stave a light began to emnate from the sheperd stave healing the wound. David smiled before calling over his stag he lifted the injured children on its back as he started removing rubble rubble using a minor earth attribute spell.

Doriane saw the boy approach on his stag as he lifted a body from the mud. It wasnt such a rare sight to see that kind of mount when the Faire Forest was a few days away, but the young man riding atop it was a more uncommon sight. His grey hair and dress denoted someone from the southerly lands, a nomadic druid. Doriane had only ever seen pictures in books of them.

The rider approached and dismounted before asking so much as his name cast a healing spell. It's tingling warmth was familiar, but the energy he used was a different sort than his own, leaving a strange but not unpleasant taste in his mouth as he felt renewed and the pain in his foot ceased.

"Aye, your help is appreciated stranger," Doriane nodded. Mallory's sharp eyes focused on the stag-rider, noticing he was from a tribe to the south. He had traveled with his kind, but only briefly. It was strange to see one this far north and alone at that. The Guardian guided his horse over and regarded the nomads with a respectful nod. "If you are willing to give aid, the injured are gathered in the temple. They would benefit from your skills."

Looking up to the voice of the black knight. David said aloud "Ah I see well then Winterhoof lets go" He said to the stag as they gently treaded to the temple.

On the steps he could see many injured men women and children aswell as 3 clerics healing the seriously wounded. 'Hmm it would be better if I used a field it seems' David walked toward the oldest "Excuse me would it be alright if i borrow one your clerics? I'm a druid of Colann I have a healing field ritual but I need another person to maintain it." The Old cleric seemed glad to have another pair of hands as he called one of the Acolytes. David then stepped outside and started ethcing four runes in each corner of the temple.

"Arise at dawn and leave at dusk taketh wounds and giveth warmth for the cycle to repeat again." Saying the chant David focused his power on the runes connecting it to his staff as he and the Cleric focused their energy.

"The Great Light of Lugh"

Saying the invocation a pillar of yellow energy struck down from the moons light hitting the temple before dissapating a yellow glow began to emit around the temple as the magical energy brought warmth to all within the temples range. The light itself began stitching the wounds of the wounded was replenishing the stamina of the clerics only he and the other cleric were the ones not gaining a benefit especially since he casted the spell at night luckily the Moon was full giving him the chance bring the Suns energy if only by a small fraction it would only last an hour or so especially since only 2 people were maintaining it instead of four.

He then went inside and sat down pulling his knapsack off as he pulled out a dried herb used for restoring energy he bit down and chewed the sour plant trying to regain his lost energy if only by a small amount.

Looking at a tired young lady whose clothes was less than rags he immidiately blushed at the exposed skin. Pulling out his travelling cloak he threw it over her "P-please cover yourself with that" He stammered and quickly faced away chewing the sour herbs.

Last edited:
Lady sat on a bench just at the edge of the circle, having been healed by the druid who had appeared on a white stag. She had met with a druid liaison only once and found them amenable people, though different in certain ways. Her body was healed but recovering her energy would be another matter it seemed. Still she was thankful that young man had come, as strange as it was for a tribesmen to be this far north.

He sat across from her and began chewing on what looked like roots, his grey eyes flicking up to her. The man seemed almost any and Lady didn't know why. Then he handed her his cloak and asked her to cover up. She glanced down at her tunic. It was charred, but not entirely indecent. Titling her head in confusion, she took the cloak anyways. He looked uncomfortable for some reason and she was curious enough to ask some questions. "Thank you, for the cloak," she said covering up with it, "And for helping the town's people. You are a long way from home. What's your name?"

David looked at the beautiful lady before replying "I'm of the Colann a tribe from the forest, the Elder Druid said my destiny lies here...though I fear it will be dangerous since i stumbled upon such a gruesome attack" He said as he gripped his staff. "Though i have to admit that man was radiating such strong magical energy..Is he one the Guardians i heard off?" He asked to keep the comversation going.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A black hooded figure watched as a light hit the temple enveloping it in a soft glow of lilig. "Damnit seems that damned guardian had gotten our dogs scent and they have one of those blasted druids too" a high pitched voice to crude to be a women said. As he looked to 3 other cloaked figures all having the same dragon like mask. All around them were the bodies of the bandits who fled when the guardian came.

"Etna it seems we have to perform that ritual of yours much farther then wed like" He spoke before turning to the smallest member of their group.

"Very well milord" a voice as innocent as a child yet filled with such malice. Was his confirmation. Before shadowy tendrils enveloped them and left no trace

Hearing that he was in fact from the druid tribe piqued her interest more, though he hadn't said his name. His questions about the guardian were not totally strange given the area he was from. The Guardians protected all of Otherworld but some places had more trouble than others. The Guardian of his homeland had died a few decades ago and the first born was just coming of age to take the call. Even then, the nomadic tribes probably only heard of the corp from time to time.

"Aye, that is Sir Mallory, Guardian and Wielder of Iravanis the Black Blade, or if you ever cross swords with him, The Demon Blade. He is said to be one of the 8 most powerful guardians to ever emerge from the Forge," Lady replied quietly, as she leaned back some against the stone wall, "You believe in destiny? Perhaps it is him that your Elder meant to find then.

"Swords..Hah! I would lose no questions asked, my only weapon is this staff if not for magic the long threads is my sling." David said as he refered to his staff. "Anyways so thats a guardian huh? I expected them to feel more benevolent than intimidating you know" "Though i must say the woman here in the north are much more conservative, my people tend to be more revealing its a nice change of pace." David said lying down as he looked at the temple mural.

Last edited:
Lady stared at the mural, a depiction of the 15 houses dancing around a cave of blue light. Runes were patterned white and blue around the cave as the animal's swirled.

"There are all manner of Guardians. Even rogues, though it has been a very long time since one appeared. The Forge looks within and judges your soul, creating a weapon from what it finds. Suppose what it finds is a quality we aren't proud of? Like anger or rage," she said, gazing up at the wall, before glancing to the druid, "Can you say that's all a man is? Or can he change and choose differently?"

Lady knew she was rambling too much of her own thoughts and sat back again. "Forgive me."

Last edited:
David thought about the question, "Our worst quality as our weapon, If you think about it's very poetic in a sense. If our wrath, lust, envy, pride, gluttony, greed and sloth was used to harm our allies, could you stomach it? The idea of using those feelings of ours on the people we care about?" He said as he mused on the question. "Our greatest flaws is usually something we abhor and keep to ourselves but if it will be our weapon then the only choice is to direct it at the ones who will do us harm" he continued on. "As for a person to change and choose differently would be impossible! You would want to change because you can't accept it, We cannot change anything unless we ourselves accept it. To condemn our flaws does not liberate us but oppresses us." he said steadfastly.

Lady's brow raised at the the pale haired druid's words, and a hit of a smile graced her lips. "Aye, you must accept the good with the bad, and thus the world stays in its balance. For how can one appreciate the one without the other? However, I think in Sir Mallory's case, he has paid a dear price for what he has become."

"Destiny is another matter that I'm not entirely sure I believe in, it has no balance but has a tendency to put it into people's minds that their lives are bound by that singular rule. I'd like to think there are choices in what we do in our lives, flaws and virtues notwithstanding."

"However, I don't think I've ever seen a druid speak quite so passionately about either subject," Lady commented, her eyes returned to the druid's face, "I hope that you do indeed find your destiny. "

Rising to her feet, she offered the cloak back to its owner and looked toward the hallways adjacent to the main building. "As for me, I ride for the east in the morning, hoping to find my own if it exists."

"Here is some advice, even if we are dolls created for the sole purpose of following our destiny. We have the obligation to care for something. We may not have freedom but we have obligations. Not rights or privilieges but obligations or duties if you like. Humans have that reponsibility for they have the intelligence to think.

What to care for, what to dislike, what is considered precious, what is considered evil. Those are the things to choose for yourself. Not by the words of others, nor by conforming to your enviorment. Every human is unique. So to is each ones values.

We learn and see as much as we can. By doing so, our life is enriched. Listen the world is not what you make of it you. You are what the world makes of you. Then when you have become you, become more than this world. You must leave proof that you existed, what ever it is. There are sinners who shine brilliantly and saints who make one wretch. So there is no need to fear for your own future. You are created by the world, and you expand, and improve the world. That is what 'being human' is all about. Begin by absorbing all you can from the world and then return those favors to the world as you see fit laterm Worrying over what results that will have is a matter for another day.

However, remember most things in this world has a fair value and a result fit for such values." David said his piece before standing up.

"Argh now i sound like an old man this is what i get for being a druid. Anyway i have no destination in mind since I am already in the north might aswell explore it you wouldn't mind the company would you?" He said smiling as he began laying down a white bear pelt sleeping bag. "Here you sleep on this i prefer the trees anyway." David said going out of the temple and lclimbing up one of the trees and resting for the night.

"I am all too familiar with the burden of duty," Lady replied quietly, "When you are the offspring of a Guardian house, it is thrust upon you whether you like or have the talent for it because it is expected. I value choice. Not just of the Guardians and their children, but of the people who were not born to serve the Forge as well. It isn't the world that makes us, but our choices against or with what opportunities it gives us. And...you do sound like an old man."

The last comment made her chuckle some as the druid stood from his pelt and headed out of the door. "I have to move quickly, so the venture will be no sight seeing trip, but company would be welcome if you do not mind that. I do not have the luxury often."

In the early morning, Lady cast her invisibility spell and hauled herself down to the small river near the mill to clean off before anyone else woke. As tired as she felt, the cool water felt refreshing and woke her up a bit more. By the time she was done, some of the villagers were starting to stir and she went into town, only revealing herself long enough to purchase a new tunic. Her old one was far too charred to be repaired. Garbed in a plain black tunic and her hair rebraided, Lady marched over to the tree outside the temple with her horse leading behind her. On her horses pack was his bed roll to return.

"Druid, I am ready to leave now, should you still want to travel with me."

"I'm quite ready where is our destination?" David asked as he saddled up on his Stag. as he traveleld near the lady. Looking at the cloudy sky. "Good weather it seems" he said as they began riding through the plains. Wind blew as David looked at the cloudy sky it seemed to be a good day.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A brown haired man wearing black tunic, black trousers and gray waist cloth watched as the bodies of young women were dragged away from a pit. Inside the pit was the crimson ichor of blood being drained from there bodies as a young girl with blood red hair and eyes bathed inside the pit.

"Are you sure you'll reach full power soon?" The man asked as he looked at the mirror at his waist where six mirrors were attached to a chain. Before loooking at the woman again. "Yes.....only.....another town....ahhhhhh"The girl moaned as she began to glow slightly becoming older as the blood began absorbing into her body.

Looking up the young girl had become quite the young lady with her chest getting bigger and her height increasing. "Soon enough i'll be at full strenght" She replied to the man as he called over the skeletons. "Very well" He replied as they gathered his minions.

"I'll be heading into the Faire forest," she said, mounting her horse, "They don't take kind to outsiders often, but I have a friend there who will see us safely through to the other side and then on to the coast."

The druid mounted his stag, which she admitted was quite a beautiful animal. "He seems sweet," she nodded to the steed, while they trotted down the path, "What do you call him? Now that I think of it, what is your name? You never told me and if you happen to find your destiny, I should like to know it."

Doriane crawled out his bed utterly exhausted and donned his armor. It would be long day after an extremely long night and he needed to be on his way to the Forge...which he now had to do without a cleric. Rubbing his temple, he strapped on his new weapon, given by the long dead, Ben and smirked. Crazy cleric. His first visit would be to the temple to get a new token and then he would hit the road. On his way toward the stables, he felt a strange presence. It was overwhelmingly powerful, and he turned to see the Guardian Mallory feeding his own horse. What kind of Guardian feeds his own horse? This man had hundreds of soldiers under his command, yet he did this menial chore himself.

Striding over, Doriane offered his hand. "We didn't get to properly meet before. I'm-"

"Doriane Pretea, son of Tarren and Flaire Pretea of the Major Guardian House, sign of the three horned boar," Mallory said, not looking up from his task.

"Uh..how.."

"I can read minds," he said casually.

Doriane blinked at him in slight horror. He'd had enough of mind reading for a lifetime. The guardian finally cast him a glance and smirked. "Your armor bears your sigil and since you don't seem to have a pair tits, I figured you weren't your sister, Alaina. Unless there's something we don't know about the next Guardian's of the Plains."

The young lordling's mouth fell open slightly, before an indignant look came over his face. "Of course, I don't!"

Mallory seemed unphased and continued feeding his massive, pure black stallion. "You should get going then or you're going to be behind the rest."

Doriane sputtered, before stomping away, jerking the reins of his horse behind him.

"David of Colann and this is Winterhoof." The druid smiled as patted his mount "He has been with me through thick and thin anyway are you a noble lady? David asked as he looked at her clothes. "If so did you say run away from home?" He asked unquisitively. As they rode a slow trot on the path.

She leaned from her own mount and scratched Winterhoof behind the ears, earning a look of betrayal from her own horse. "I am Lady of the minor Guardian House Frasier and I am on my way to the Forge," she replied. A spot of guilt struck her for lying to him, but it was necessary. For anyone to know who she really was could be deadly. Just the thought, brought the image of Sir Mallory's bright red eyes back to her mind, giving her a shiver. "I will enter the Forge, face thr trials, and become a Guardian soon."

"You here is a question, why do you want to be a guardian? Power? Fame? Adoration?" David asked as they traveled then he looked through the forest, he could see flashing lights inside the deep woods. as many creatures began to watch them such as a horned rabbit and other types of birds.

Back