aryamajor

Curious Adventurer
Benefactor
The Story:

Other World is different reality where the creatures and figures of myth live separate from the realm of ordinary life. These beings often have appeared throughout human history as sightings, mysteries, or even Gods. Guardians protect the creatures from threats outside their world, and from each other. The guardians wield weapons of immense power created with the essence of their soul and wrought in the Soul Forge.

Since the development of the modern human world, these creatures have retreated back to the reality from whence they came, and eventually the gateways between the two worlds were closed. The bridges remained closed for hundreds of years until The Rift appeared.

The Rift tore through the reality of Other World, and out poured the Shadows. The Shadows invaded Other World without mercy, offering power to some who joined them willingly, and forcibly taking over the minds of those who resist.

Now, Other World is dying from the grip of the enemy and only one Guardian, Lady, remained un-corrupted by the darkness. In a last attempt to save her world, Lady has gone into your reality looking for those who crave adventure and who are brave enough to meet the challenge.

In this RP players will:

1. Start off in modern day 2017, with backstories to match that time and era before being invited to the Soul Forge, by Lady your guide and GM.

2. Create their own weapons within the Soul Forge, limited to 4 skills and one passive ability, you will earn with each completed challenge. These skills and weapons must be approved by the GM in order to prevent issues regarding OP. (will not have to be determined at the time your character is initially made)

3. Meet helpful or harmful NPC's and have available side quests in an expansive world.

Additional Notes: There is no point system and character sheets WILL be required and sent upon request.

Hi!! This looks really cool and I'd love to participate! Do I have to fill in a character sheet right now or later? (I haven't done this before, so I apologize if I missed something obvious...)

Hi!! This looks really cool and I'd love to participate! Do I have to fill in a character sheet right now or later? (I haven't done this before, so I apologize if I missed something obvious...)

Hiya! Im excited you want to join us!!! The character sheet can be filled out now, all the way up to your equipment, which you wont be getting/creating until you Enter the Soul Forge. :)
You will start of as just a regular person in modern day 2017 and have your first interaction/ invitation to Otherworld with myself (Lady) GM or my other staff member (Nazren)

So just create your character up the the equipment part with normal 2017 in mind and if you have anymore questions Im always here to answer. :)

Last edited:
I would be interested to join. Do I create my own race and the world he/she came from?

You will start of as just a regular person in modern day 2017 and have your first interaction/ invitation to Otherworld with myself (Lady) GM or my other staff member (Nazren)
This is because other realities have not been opened yet and Soul Forge will change you in ways as well.

So just create your character up the the equipment part with normal 2017 in mind if you'd still like to join and if you have anymore questions Im always here to answer. We'd love to have you. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Does that mean I can change race later when I enter the soul forge but start off as regular human in 2017?

You can change in appearance after entering the Soul Forge, yes. This is due to the weapon you make being a reflection of your soul, regardless of starting off as a human. For example, one player I know of will enter the Forge and his weapon will cause him to be scaly. ( He loves dragons) So, if your soul reflects that you are an elf or have an inner desire to be another race, you will pick up on some of those traits. However, it will give you no additional skills. :)

Thank you for responding so quickly! I will fill out the character sheet as soon as possible then! I have one more question about the weapons from the Soul Forge, though. Can it be any kind of weapon, or does it have to be a blade or a one handed weapon or something of the sort? Would bow and arrows be alright for example?

Thank you for responding so quickly! I will fill out the character sheet as soon as possible then! I have one more question about the weapons from the Soul Forge, though. Can it be any kind of weapon, or does it have to be a blade or a one handed weapon or something of the sort? Would bow and arrows be alright for example?

Good question! No, it does not have to be a blade/ sword specifically. A bow would be fine, but you will have limited ammo for a good while, so that's something to keep in mind. The only limitation I have placed on the type of weapon is that guns are not likely to be approved, keeping in the spirit of the RP itself. :D

Ah, I have just one more question about the characters! What is the preferred age range? I'm not sure how old Lady is or if it matters. Does age work the same in Other World?

Ah, I have just one more question about the characters! What is the preferred age range? I'm not sure how old Lady is or if it matters. Does age work the same in Other World?

18 and above is best. Cannon wise, there has been argument among guardians that recruiting too young causes problems for them later in life. You'll get to see an example of this as we go. ;)

Alright! Here's my character sheet! If there are any problems or anything please tell me!

Alexandra Mary Quinn (or as she prefers to be called: Alex)

Appearance:
Alex is 5'2, and a little scrawny. She has pale skin from not going outside enough, and dark brown hair and eyes. Her hair is straight and reaches just above her shoulders. She usually has a hairclip holding back the front locks of her hair, so they don't cover her face.
Due to spending too much time squinting at her computer screen and not spending enough time sleeping, she often has dark circles under her eyes. An adventure would hopefully do her complexion some good.
She often wears a simple hoodie and jeans, in either dark blue or black.

Background:
Alex has spent most of her childhood in a small town. She grew up in a religious family. Despite the fact that her parents were very loving, as a bisexual atheist Alex never really felt at ease in church.

As soon as she got the chance she moved away. Her initial plan had been to move to a big city with a name anyone would recognize. New York, LA... something like that. But for that she would need more money than she actually has, so she had to settle for a city close to her hometown. Now, she is 23 years old, but frequently has people mistaking her for much younger due to her height. She only has anonimous, online friends, and works at a gamestop. She never quite feels motivated enough to work hard, but thankfully she works hard enough to not get fired.

Her life is not eventful. In fact, it is the opposite. Crushes have come and gone but she never acted on them, so they would fade. She graduated without too much effort, but didn't score anything high enough to be called outstanding. She lives in a cheap, filthy appartment with only one possession she actually hold dear. Her PC.

Personality
Alex is bored with the world around her. So she retreats into a fantasy world. Skyrim is an ongoing obsession of hers, along with other types of RPGs. What she really wants is some action, something to catch her interest.
The only thing she truly likes doing aside from gaming is archery. She discovered the sport in high school, and though it was an unusual sport among her peers in her hometown, her parents were delighted she showed interest in any sport at all. She is currently saving up money to buy her own bow.

Inside her fantasy world, Alex feels alive. In the real world, any smile she might show is 100% fake. She learned how to make them look real from her job at gamestop. She is prone to providing sarcastic remarks when the time calls for it, and is convinced that growing up and growing bitter are impossible to separate from one another. What she really needs to battle her view of the world, which is becoming darker every second, is an adventure. If someone were to ask her if she wanted to leave, she wouldn't even hesitate.

Alright! Here's my character sheet! If there are any problems or anything please tell me!

Alexandra Mary Quinn (or as she prefers to be called: Alex)

Appearance:
Alex is 5'2, and a little scrawny. She has pale skin from not going outside enough, and dark brown hair and eyes. Her hair is straight and reaches just above her shoulders. She usually has a hairclip holding back the front locks of her hair, so they don't cover her face.
Due to spending too much time squinting at her computer screen and not spending enough time sleeping, she often has dark circles under her eyes. An adventure would hopefully do her complexion some good.
She often wears a simple hoodie and jeans, in either dark blue or black.

Background:
Alex has spent most of her childhood in a small town. She grew up in a religious family. Despite the fact that her parents were very loving, as a bisexual atheist Alex never really felt at ease in church.

As soon as she got the chance she moved away. Her initial plan had been to move to a big city with a name anyone would recognize. New York, LA... something like that. But for that she would need more money than she actually has, so she had to settle for a city close to her hometown. Now, she is 23 years old, but frequently has people mistaking her for much younger due to her height. She only has anonimous, online friends, and works at a gamestop. She never quite feels motivated enough to work hard, but thankfully she works hard enough to not get fired.

Her life is not eventful. In fact, it is the opposite. Crushes have come and gone but she never acted on them, so they would fade. She graduated without too much effort, but didn't score anything high enough to be called outstanding. She lives in a cheap, filthy appartment with only one possession she actually hold dear. Her PC.

Personality
Alex is bored with the world around her. So she retreats into a fantasy world. Skyrim is an ongoing obsession of hers, along with other types of RPGs. What she really wants is some action, something to catch her interest.
The only thing she truly likes doing aside from gaming is archery. She discovered the sport in high school, and though it was an unusual sport among her peers in her hometown, her parents were delighted she showed interest in any sport at all. She is currently saving up money to buy her own bow.

Inside her fantasy world, Alex feels alive. In the real world, any smile she might show is 100% fake. She learned how to make them look real from her job at gamestop. She is prone to providing sarcastic remarks when the time calls for it, and is convinced that growing up and growing bitter are impossible to separate from one another. What she really needs to battle her view of the world, which is becoming darker every second, is an adventure. If someone were to ask her if she wanted to leave, she wouldn't even hesitate.

Looks great! Your character has been approved. Within the next 2 days I hope to have us on our way. We are still waiting on a few people to catch up.
Welcome to Soul Forge.

I might be interested in this.
Can I get more background details about the world?

Other World is another reality and the original home of all the myths, legends and 'magical' creatures, both good and bad. So, all of the myths, mystical creatures, and even 'gods' talked about in the human realm live here. Other World can be divided into 5 distinct sectors. Some are beautiful cities and others ghastly swamps or thick jungle. Magic is prevalent everywhere.

Once, a long time ago, gateways were used to travel between the human world and Otherworld. However, with the modernization of humans and explosive growth of technology travel between the two worlds was ended and tabooed.

The Guardians are the protectors of this reality. They keep order among the varied, powerful and sometimes dangerous citizens. To meet such a challenge special weapons are required and the Soul Forge was created. The Soul Forge creates a weapon from the essence of the wielders soul. The weapon and its master become inexplicably tied for life. The weapon and its wielder are not bound by any one set morality. There have been destructive guardians in the past, who have taken extreme measures and it is not always a favored position.

Does this help?

Other World is another reality and the original home of all the myths, legends and 'magical' creatures, both good and bad. So, all of the myths, mystical creatures, and even 'gods' talked about in the human realm live here. Other World can be divided into 5 distinct sectors. Some are beautiful cities and others ghastly swamps or thick jungle. Magic is prevalent everywhere.

Once, a long time ago, gateways were used to travel between the human world and Otherworld. However, with the modernization of humans and explosive growth of technology travel between the two worlds was ended and tabooed.

The Guardians are the protectors of this reality. They keep order among the varied, powerful and sometimes dangerous citizens. To meet such a challenge special weapons are required and the Soul Forge was created. The Soul Forge creates a weapon from the essence of the wielders soul. The weapon and its master become inexplicably tied for life. The weapon and its wielder are not bound by any one set morality. There have been destructive guardians in the past, who have taken extreme measures and it is not always a favored position.

Does this help?
Definitely. Im assuming its only magical creatures in Other World without humans?
Also, do you have any definite scheme of how magic works?

Definitely. Im assuming its only magical creatures in Other World without humans?
Also, do you have any definite scheme of how magic works?

There are humanoids, like Lady for example, and they are fairly common. They just were born in Otherworld. Magic is channeled through the body and fueled by the soul, so its whatever your body can take before breaking down and killing you by using it as a conduit. An equal exchange.
That being said it is not a free world of magic, players are limited to their 5 approved skills with their weapons, but will get helpful magical objects/gear along the way.

Also, it should be noted there is only one open position now and the position will be given to the first player approved by me and the other staff member. ^^

There are humanoids, like Lady for example, and they are fairly common. They just were born in Otherworld. Magic is channeled through the body and fueled by the soul, so its whatever your body can take before breaking down and killing you by using it as a conduit. An equal exchange.
That being said it is not a free world of magic, players are limited to their 5 approved skills with their weapons, but will get helpful magical objects/gear along the way.
Whats the level of technology there?
Medieval-sort of? Or more advanced?

Back