`Soulmates: Chapter 1: Panic-Part 1

Saiko

AMerePoet
It took a lot of force to open my eyes when I had awoke. But even when I did, I couldn't tell if they were truly open. All I could see was pure darkness around me, nothing but the color black. I tried to remember where I was, and how I got there. But then, my heart stopped. I couldn't remember my name. Maybe death had taken me into his grasp. The air was quite warm and humid. Maybe this is Purgatory, and I am being judged. I then tried to stand up, and feel around my surroundings. A wall! I wasn't dead. Unless Purgatory was a closed off room that is. I then felt something else. It was a light switch.
I flicked it on, and the room was obnoxiously bright. I had to squint my eyes to the point they were nearly closed. After letting my eyes adjust, I looked around. The room was a pure, heavenly white. Only a bed and table with a piece of paper and a handheld mirror in its wake. Suddenly, my breathing got heavy and quick. I began to panic. I wasn't in Purgatory, nor was I dead. I had merely lost my memory. After aa moment of breaking down, I tried my hardest to calm myself, and looked at the piece of paper.
"Ryan." Why did that name sound familiar? Then, I remembered something. Ryan is my name. I then look at the mirror. I was a tall, black haired man. My hair in particular was about a medium size in length, except for my bangs. They were long. My face bears glasses, and I wore a black collared button up with dark jeans. I looked around nineteen or so.
Suddenly, a part of the wall parted to reveal an even bigger room. It was pure white as well, and there pillars of quartz circling the room. People emerged from their rooms, panic on their faces. And then, I realized something. People!

I am doing the chapters into separate parts as I have been busy and can't get all of chapter 1 done tonight. I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.

Back