Space Exploration RP

Raven - Hanger

"We won't know if anything like that exists sitting here on the explorer," Raven replied, "the scans so far indicate a desert planet with little to no life. Although we can not tell what the atmosphere is made of until we enter it, but if I had to guess I would say that it will be a lot thinner than normal, kind of like standing on top of a tall mountain back on your home world." Raven explained before turning to face Sebastian. "The Explorer flew itself all the way from the Milky Way, so I think it will be fine if everyone want's to go. Plus now that I am functioning again I can control the Explorer from anywhere, all I need is a connection to the ship's main computer." Raven explained.

"The shuttle and rover are ready and we are entering the orbit of plant 0001 in 44 minutes. Only thing to do now is find out who is brave enough to go with me down to the first planet." Raven said to no one in particular.

Sebastian - Hanger

He nods to what was mentioned, which made him wonder at tiny amounts. From anywhere, yet needs to be connected to the main computer? He is unsure how that works, but he just nods and smiles. Maybe there is a logical answer to that, but that is only for a topic of later. ''Ah. Is that so? Well, If you don't mind I would like to accompany you and go down to the planet. It'll be a true one of a kind experience. Who knows what we end up finding on the surface.'' He said as he still looked at Raven. Though he had the idea of not asking anything more, two more thoughts popped up in his mind for which he required answers. ''Should I bring my drones with me down to the surface of the planet? I believe they could be of some extra assistance should we ever need to repair our rover or find something that we should carefully inspect. Also, how many days do you think we will spend down there on the surface before returning?'' He asked from her, while his eyes would shift to looked at her robotic tail. Other than for climbing, fighting and reaching places where she could not reach with her hands normally, he can't think up why would she have a tail. ''Mind if I also ask what is the use of that tail of yours?'' He asked.

"Of course you can come and the drones will probably be really helpful, since there are so few of us and we have a lot of terrain to cover. There is no telling, if we don't find anything exciting we will probably just stay for a day, all depends on what we find down there," Raven replied. The mention of her tail made Raven subcontaly move it, "it serves many purposes, many of which I do not wish to discuss at this moment." Raven explained shutting down his inquiry. Before he could ask another question Raven exclaimed, "we should probably get our gear." Raven left the Hanger and headed for the armory to grab her gear.

Castor - Hanger

Castor leaned onto something near the cropped-haired man with a smirk "Well, That was smooth goggles. You don't just ask a girl about her tail that's personal". Castor extended his hand "Lt. Castor Keem of his emperor's special forces."

The Lieutenant looked him up and down "Hello and may I say that's a peculiar jacket you do know we have a laundry room. I can't really talk myself since I look like I'm expecting armageddon *ha* I guess everybody has their own thing"

Castor gives an easy smile towards the engineer "So how do you know raven" then he gives a devious look "Are you personally involved with the tail." Castor laughs loudly "I kid of course but seriously Ayden you two seem close." Though Castor's eyes were soft and his smile was natural he watched for any kind sign or tell from the man.

Last edited:
Sebastian - Hanger

He sighs as he looks at her walk away. He can't help but feel slight worry that he may have touched a touchy subject. He sighs as he listened to the man's remarks(first three sentences.) ''Yeah, well I had not thought it to be a touchy subject. I thought that asking something more racist like why she did not decide to pick a shape more closer to a human's body would have been enough to be touchy.'' He said, sighing as he shook his head to his own stupidity.

He looks back at him, shrugging gently his shoulders. ''How do I know Raven? All I know is her name, her race and we occasionally met, whenever we crossed our paths as both of us worked at places related to engineering, though at different sections. I work at the shield generators, while she works at the weaponry of this ship, or the big guns if that is a more casual term to use here.'' He said. ''And both of us close? Sadly that's not the case. Sure, I find it a true miracle that someone like her can exist. Like: perfect metal body that is unable to fall ill or anything around those, eternal life and still possess one's own mind. A true end goal for every scientist or engineer thriving for immortality.'' He said, sighing. ''I believe I should apologize to her.'' He said as he decided to set course to the armory in search of her.

Castor - Hanger

"I'll accompany you, The Red Ranger here doesn't seem to talk much" As The heavily armed soldier walked with Sebastian he still had a smirk plastered on his face "That sounded so rehearsed by the way I take it you're busy with engineering most of the time. Well that doesn't really it is what it is really"

Castor's face does turn a bit serious as they walk down the halls "But that would have its disadvantages, immortality I mean. Sure you get a metal body but just think you can't ever have another glass of Warm S'kloptorr Rum or feel the fresh wind on your face on some new uncharted and strange land. Never have another amazing plate of prospero risotto on a moonlit sky with a gorgeous view of the Zrodale sky line. I mean you can but I don't know if it'll ever be the same really. Most of all though just think, living for so long like that, it must be lonely living for centuries I wonder how many friends she's seen come and go after so long?"

Sebastian - On the corridor leading from Hangar to Armory

He nods, frowning at what he said. "Which part rehearsed, hm?" He asked calmly while walking and strolling across the corridor. "It also means that you get to fulfill your duty far longer and get to be more useful to your people and everyone around you as you mechanically won't suffer from old age and need others to take care of you."

Then what he got to hear did sound quite valid, though it would be bad to assume that without any proof. Still, it made him think and then pity Raven at the idea of her having lost friends. "Well. Only time will tell. Who knows? Maybe a human can become like her kind? A cyborg. That way there will be one potential friend for her to have for longer than just six decades or so." He said, having put more pressure on the word potential. Throughout the chat monologue of his he would switch his gaze from looking at the stranger and looking down the corridor.

Castor - Armory

"Well she's not really a cyborg now is she. Reports on the Ascended state they transferred their minds into robots and I assume she had some Ascended friends or then again maybe not. Raven came here of her own accord, I mean what kind of person can just leave all of it behind except someone who doesn't have much to leave behind which I know applies to me too."

Castor tries to give a reassuring smile because he was afraid he might have brought up a touchy subject "Changing topic to the Ascended though For some reason, they haven't released that information my guess either it was lost in the milky-way/Ascended war or the people that do know about it are so paranoid as to not share it. Ascended population's is on a huge decline so I guess it's the former."

As The soldier and The Tinkerer reached the armory Castor spoke again "Whelp this is it. I wonder what kind of weaponry's stocked in an explorer ship. I heard we got a printer here's hoping it can actually make something useful. I also heard you have a bunch of drones I know it's not really for me to say but you should really take some sidearm who knows what we'll find down there."

Castor makes his way to a work bench dropping his backpack and vest nearby. He places his rifle onto the bench and fiddles with it. "Hey Raven" He greets "Can you shot a copy of the inventory list into my data pad. I seem to be missing a lot of my equipment and does the Armory have an MLR grenade tube."

Raven - Armory

Raven reached the armory before the others and was able to enjoy a moment of silence before Castor and Sebastian began pestering her again. Going to her locker Raven withdrew her weapon and set it on one of the work benches. When Sebastian and Castor finally made it to the armory Raven was halfway through disassembling her light machine gun.

"Done, though I am not seeing any mention of an MLR grenade tube," Raven replied looking up from her work to answer Castor's question. "But do you think you're even going to need it? If there are hostile aliens down there they will be far less advanced than us and should be nothing your other weapons can't handle."

Castor - Armory

"Well in all likely hood no I won't need it. If we're talking intelligent aliens they're likely as you said to have equal or lower power equipment. I personally don't like the risk of assuming but it's true. It's also unlikely that in first contact we'd start a full on fight barring some huge misunderstanding or the race being warmongering the latter of which is easy enough to deal with usually. If however, we're talking wildlife it's basically the same with very few wildlife even in the Milkyway requiring anti-armor. The thing is the tube attachments can fire an assortment of things flares, smoke, and even just actual imperial issue grenades which make it pretty versatile and just because I don't need it now doesn't mean I won't in the future."

Castor then shakes his head from his work bench "Bah, fine it's unlikely anything too bad's down there. Weapons aside do we have any translator program that might be helpful when we do make first contact." Castor fiddles with his rifle attaching a larger barrel and bi-pod. He also adds a scope which he looks through while adjusting.
When he finished attaching the parts he tapped a screen on the back of the rifle to adjust power output. "I hope I won't have to use this. The beam contacting is about as loud as a thunderclap and the invisible rays would destroy human eyes. Oh that reminds me Sebastian god I need to find you a nickname" Castor is deep in thought for a moment "Either Seb, Bastian, Tian or Bas i'll just call you Bastian. Wait the nickname wasn't the important part." Castor takes a small container from his pocket and hands it to Sebastian "These are contacts. You have to wear them because as i've said the rays from my rifle would destroy your eyes in like six months tops."

"That would be useful, maybe when we get back from this planet you can make one," Raven replied as she finished taking her weapon apart. "They wrote a program that uses all known languages to try and translate, but the humans of Earth also had one of these devices when they left Earth and it didn't workout that well for them, so we will have to wait and see. The program should be on your data pad, but if it's not I can send you a copy of it." As Raven examined each component of her weapon she asked the others, "do you guys want to find life down there? Actually not just down on this planet, but in the rest of the galaxy too."

Castor - Armory

Castor just shakes his head "I don't want to be that guy Raven but regardless of if we want or not it would be naive to think there's no intelligent life if not on this planet then in this galaxy."

Sebastian - Armory

He nods as he listened t he duo's conversation when they arrived there after the walk. He couldn't help but look at her machine gun with slight interest. Then he was starteld slightly when the contacts were given to him. He looks down at them and then back at Castor. ''Ah. Alright, then. Thank you, I suppose.'' He said, taking them and putting them in his pocket. He shrugs as he looks at Raven, then got an idea. Maybe she was offended by the amount of questions he asked from her.

He then joins in to the conversation as he looks at the duo. ''Well. If we don't find any intelligent life, then we may at the very least find somewhere some ancient ruins of sorts. Who knows? Maybe life got extinct in this galaxy due to something. But we can't know yet.'' He said, sighing as he looks at Raven.''So. I believe there is still time to pick up our belongings from the armory before we need to head to the shuttle?'' He asked.

Raven - Armory

"Well we won't find out anything standing around in here," Raven explained as she started to reassemble her weapon. "Are you guys good to go or do you need more time to prepare?"

Sebastian - Armory

He ponders, sighing as he pulls out from his pocket a handheld remote control of a device, pressing few buttons on it before putting it back into his pocket. ''Right. I've got two drones going to the shuttle, so I believe I am ready myself, at the very least.'' He simply stated while looking at the direction of Raven.

Castor - Armory

"Sure" Castor makes his way to the hanger and inside the shuttle.

Raven - Hanger

Raven finished putting her weapon back together and then followed Castor to the hanger. Climbing into the shuttle Raven took the pilot's seat since no one else seemed too interested in flying. Flipping the power switch Raven brought the shuttle online, since the shuttle had been dormant for so long it took a couple of seconds for the engines to warm up but soon the shuttle began to buzz with activity. Well Raven waited for everyone to get situated she ran a quick preflight diagnostic. With no problems detected Raven pushed a button and closed the shuttle up. Turning to the others Raven explained, "this is it," as she pulled on the joystick and flew the shuttle out of the Explorers hanger and toward the alien world.

The flight to the planet's surface was rather quiet, as everyone seemed to be taking in what they were about to do and just pondered what awaited them on planet 0001. Once they had made it through the planet's atmosphere and were safely flying just over the plant's surface Raven explained her next move, "I am gona set us down somewhere safe, then Sebastian can send his drones out to search while we follow in the Rover." Even though the planet was just a big sand pit Raven found it rather captivating.

After landing the shuttle safely in a clearing Raven lowered the shuttle's ramp and raced the others to be the first to step onto the new world. Since she was in the pilot's seat and had to shut the shuttle down she wasn't the first of the group to step onto the alien world.

Even though Raven no longer had real sense of feeling she could still make out what the sand felt like as it filled the gaps between her toes. A smile crossed Raven's face as she thought about how far she had come and what she had endured to be standing here now on an alien world 2.723 million light years from her home. After enjoying the scenery for a few minutes Raven turned to the others and asked, "So who's driving the rover? I flew the shuttle so one of you gets to drive."

Castor - Planet 0001

Castor rushes to the rover "Dibs" He shouts as he jumps into the driver's seat. He fiddles with the buttons randomly pressing buttons that made lights blink on and of and the horn blare slightly. "Shit I got this don't worry" he says as he looks at his data pad and connects it into the transport.

The Rover stops its show then Castor gives a cheesy smile towards the two. "See I got it." He adjusted his seat before making conversations "Planet 0001... Seriously why not call it the planet dune, or like planet desert or maybe like planet zero. Bah doesn't matter we'll find a name for it later" He revs the engine hearing it purr slightly "I hope neither of you are car sick because I'm taking this baby for a joy ride." He laughs.

Last edited:
Back