Spam bots getting through

glmstr

Magus
I know you guys are busy and it looks like you've been getting rid of them as soon as they come up, but some spam bots have been getting through the systems we have in place. Is there anyone you guys can talk to at xenforo or something to look in to it? I've been making sure to report the bots as soon as I see them for the time being.

As far as I know that is all that we can do for now. I keep reporting them when I see them as well.

First off thankyou both for reporting, which is super helpful to us as it brings it directly to our attention.

This has been an ongoing issue and I've also noticed an increase in spam threads in the forums that I moderate. I've gone ahead and brought this to our Admin team's attention to see if we can find any additional measures to prevent these instances from occurring.

Thanks for the suggestion on contacting Xenforo I've gone ahead and passed that along as well.

For now, as Silence said all that can be done is reporting.

This is unfortunately something we've been actively battling for a while now. We keep tweaking thing, but every fix has only proven short lived.

There's some other things we can try later on when we have more funds available to try out add-ons specialized in dealing with bots.

In the meanwhile we'll keep nuking by hand the ones that make it through.

I guess if anything it’s promising that the site’s deemed important enough for the bots to attack :V

Back