Spellheart

Momoko smiles and nods, not quite realising the full situation yet. As soon as she does, she does her best to conceal a cringe. The result is a sort of half grimace, half eye scrunch. "Sure. Should I make some tea, or...?" She asks, standing up. She walks to the door but doesn't leave the room. Despite only just having come from lunch, where she had had a cup of tea, she was always ready for another one.

With both Amiko and Marcy quickly behind the bathroom door, Momoko finds herself a distinct lack of people to answer her question concerning tea preparation. With the clown fiesta of events that just transpired, the contrasting silence that came over the room seemed fairly out of place. Much the same way, Momoko found herself without a purpose in all these events. However, she certainly had an excellent vantage point to see the madness for what it was. For a few brief moments, Momoko has time to process everything.

Or at least she would if it wasn't for the complete lack of a sound buffer between the bathroom and the rest of the house. Shortly after hearing the shower start up, Amiko starts making noises akin to the adult movie industry as she has Marcy convincing her the entire time to "keep going". Without any sort of visual on the situation, Momoko can only wonder what might be happening on the other side, up until the moment Marcy emerges with Amiko in her sleepwear. A light purple gown, styled much like something a medieval princess might wear. Amiko still seems out of sorts, leaning on Marcy as she makes her way to the living room couch. She looked totally drained like a nomad coming out of the desert.

And yet, once she felt comfortable, siting on the couch next to Marcy, the very first thing she did was flash one of her trademark smiles at Momoko.

Momoko looks around the empty room for a few seconds, blinking in shock. She sighs as she hears the shower start, deciding not to make anything after all. She retreats to the living room, where she starts to hear...a bit of a ruckus. Her face instantly flushes as her mind practically soars into the gutter. She rushes to sit on the couch, as far away from the bathroom as she can manage. She digs in her pockets, looking for her earphones, and fortunately for her she finds them. She plugs them into her crystal ball and streams music at maximum volume until the two come back out of the bathroom.

When they come out, she can't really hold their gaze. She keeps her eyes down, face still red enough to notice. She gives a sheepish smile, switching her music off and putting her crystal ball back into her pocket. "Feel...feeling better?" She asks Amiko, glancing up for a second or so.

Amiko takes a gentle tone, "I couldn't say that I feel normal but definitely better. It feels something like coming out of a bad dream." Placing her hands on her lap, Amiko looks over Momoko with concern, "I know everything is a lot to process, but I hope you know that I appreciate what you've done for me. I'm happy to have you as a house guest again, even if the circumstances aren't quite right."

Momoko nods slowly, and manages to crack a chuckle. "It's cool. Things can only go up from here, I suppose." She looks up and manages to look Amiko in the eye, smiling, trying to forget what she overheard.

Amiko gives Momoko a cheerful expression as she begins to make eye contact, now taking a more casual approach to conversation, "So, I can imagine that you have all sorts of questions. I can't say that I'll be able to talk about anything, but I want to try to help you make sense of everything. Or, if that seems like too much, we could always just play a few party games to break the ice."

Momoko opens her mouth for a moment, then closes it again. She very badly wants to ask about what happened after she got taken away, but she's afraid to trigger her back into the state she was before. She scratches at her chin, deciding to leave that question for a later time. "Why...why were you wanted?" She asks, slowly as if to not step on a landmine with the words.

Amiko thinks on this for a moment before explaining calmly, "The full reason isn't something I can discuss, but the fundamental disagreement between me and certain Spellheart authorities would be my treatment of foreign relationships. While Spellheart's policy is to communicate only when absolutely necessary, I communicate with foreign contacts liberally. This has lead many to the accusation that I'm creating foreign alliances to gain power. Coupled with my sudden rise in popularity in Chamber Hall, many are worried that I will act in the interest of foreigners rather than the people of Spellheart, the most radical of which believe I might even be openly treasonous from my position of power. Due to a recent incident which I cannot discuss due to signing an agreement with the Spellheart Intel division, these more radical groups wanted to pressure me to go back on my actions. Therefore, they used their influence to justify the use of Hazy World on me. Fortunately, thanks to our win in the arena, there was a hard limitation to how long I could be detained without appeal to a supervisor since I now have the status of soldier. If I hadn't won that fight with you, I probably wouldn't have been released for another ten days."

Momoko flinches at the mention of foreign contacts. She has to admit, she doesn't really like the sound of talking too much with foreign folk. It just doesn't sit with her right, maybe because that's how the people in power usually think. She nods along with the rest of what Amiko says, but now she has a whole of a lot more questions. "Chamber Hall?" She says, elbows on her knees. "Are you a politician, or something like that?" She asks. From what she'd gathered of Amiko in the time they'd spoken, she didn't really seem like the type. She's seen them going to and fro from the Chamber Hall, and the little lunch places around there; suits and ties, briefcases, and most of them looked pretty plain. She'd never seen one with white hair and purple eyes.

Amiko smiles, "I wouldn't consider myself one just yet. It isn't like I never go to Chamber Hall, but I try to go primarily to discuss issues that I find concerning. Right now, I'm still in the process of building a base of power. In terms of politicians, I'm probably nothing more than a fledgling or upstart." Amiko goes on to continue, "I don't know how comfortable you are with politics though. I'd hate to sour the mood if we aren't on the same page."

Momoko smiles awkwardly, not wanting to let on that she's already a little bit tentative. She isn't really all too enthused with politics, so hopefully what few views she really cares about won't get in the way. "Right." She says understandingly. "Why didn't you tell me about the whole wanted thing? I mean, I can't believe I didn't remember, but still."

Amiko gives Momoko a reassuring smile, "Well, I didn't actually ever intend to tell you anything. From my perspective back then, you were just someone who had the misfortune of getting paired up with me. That day was important for you, since it would decide if you got into the military or not. At the time, I just wanted to pass the exam, and then leave without ever involving you with any of my personal business. So, to answer your question more directly, initially, I didn't tell you I was wanted because I didn't want to make you feel uneasy and because I assumed that would be the last time we would meet. Now, I believe the circumstances are different."

Momoko nods along. So, Yuuki was wrong, then. She wasn't trying to protect her. And what about her, anyway? Did she have to go through the whole bother of going into the Illusionspace? "Should I keep this a secret?" She asked.

Amiko blinks with a hint of confusion at the question, "I'm not sure what you mean Momoko. Exactly what about what I've said would need to be a secret? If this is about my political aspirations, that is already public information. After all, it is hard to gain popular support if nobody knows who you are or what you stand for."

Momoko shakes her head. "No, the whole..." she glances towards Marcy, "being taken away by the government thing. Won't that look really bad for your career?" She asks.

Amiko thinks on this for a moment, then gives Momoko a sincere answer, "I mean, I'm sure that would look bad in some regards. There are probably a lot of people who would think less of me for it. But... It isn't my job to try to cover up the truth. If I were the type of person who tried to hide everything that might look bad, I think eventually I'd develop a reputation for that, and then I'd look bad no matter what I did." Reassuringly, "If you want to share that, I don't mind. Just, be mindful that information has a profound effect on people. Once you tell someone, they can't unlearn that information."

Marcy chimes in, "Besides, Amiko already has a poor reputation for being on the watch lists, yet she has plenty of backers, you know."

Momoko nods understandingly. "Yeah, that makes sense," she agrees, leaning back on the cough with a sigh. She looks at Marcy, then back to Amiko. "Well, how many is there?" She asks.

Marcy seems oddly proud to answer this question, while Amiko looks absolutely ripe with embarrassment, "About 35% of the business district."

Momoko's eyes widen dramatically. "What!?" She splutters, a hand flying to her chest. "That's...that's a lot more than I was expecting." She admits, looking up at the ceiling for a few moments. "Not that I didn't think you weren't successful or anything!" She rushes out after realising how bad it might sound.

Amiko coughs as if to try to change the topic of conversation, "Anyway, my success or whatever aside, I heard that you and Marcy had a duo's match in the arena today. How did that work out for you?"

Marcy looks at Momoko curiously, seemingly interested in the answer.

Back