Spellheart

Momoko quietly returns her weapon to the Aether, hoping nobody had seen that she was just about to cut some innocent enough girl into shreds. She listens to the girl's thought process with a bemused smirk, the adrenaline from the attack slowly draining out of her system. "I...guess that makes sense," she says quietly. She nods, before hearing the last girls hope. "How do you..." she trails off, remembering that Amiko is a bit of a public figure. Even still, it leaves her feeling a little bit uneasy. "How about we get going?" She says, awkwardly prying Mio's arms from around her. "And...can you put me down now?" The whole floating and hugging thing was sweet, and sure, the motive to not have her fall over was nice, but she had so little control over herself that she couldn't look past it. It made her feel way too vulnerable.

Last edited:
Mio seems somewhat disheartened as her affection is met with an awkward withdraw, though she also seems to be doing her best to hide her dissatisfaction. Mio releases her spell, causing her to come crashing down on top of Momoko, jarring both girls on impact with the ground 3 feet below them. Mio becomes dazed from the impact, not yet understanding the err of her choices.

Momoko squeals as she falls to the floor. She lies for a second, the breath hit out of her by Mio landing square on her chest. "Ouch," she wheezes when she comes back to reality, blinking a few times. She glances over Mio, not seeing any major injuries. "Guess I broke your fall," she remarks breathlessly.

Mio removes herself from Momoko as soon as she understands the circumstances with a bright red blush to accompany her shameful expression. Mio, after removing herself from Momoko, offers a hand up.

Momoko takes Mio's hand, smiling kindly at the girl. "Don't worry about it," she says preemptively. "Let's just get going." Making sure that the other girl is following - and still not injured - she starts to walk into the arena, rolling her shoulders as she did to try and get rid of the ache from falling.

Back