Springville Hospital (OOC / Sign-ups)

Ashlinbun

Springville Hospital has been standing since the 1950s and is proud to say it's the best in the area, perhaps even in the state of California. They treat any and all illnesses, whether it's cancer, a broken bone, or severe depression. The staff are all friendly and helpful, though sometimes the job can be very stressful. Family and friends are of course welcome during visiting hours. Although Springville treats all sorts of ailments, those under sixteen are instead taken to the children's hospital down the street.We hope you enjoy your stay and hope you see a quick recovery.

Hey guys! I have to say first that this is my first time posting a thread on this sight. Don't worry,, I have years of roleplay experience though. Just please bear with me as I figure this sight out. Also, I apologize if I am not doing this the right way. Let me know if I'm not as I want to of course learn how to work this sight.

Anyway, I don't know if people list rules and such on here like this, but I do have one rule I ask everyone to please follow. Please be able to post at least three paragraphs a post per person. I find that longer posts tend to help move the plot on better. Anyway, here's the OC template to join:

Name
self explanitory

Role
patient, doctor, nurse, family member of patient

Ailment if patient
can be anything from broken bone to cancer

Specialty if doctor
can be anything from cardiology to psychology

Family member if family member of patient
self explanitory

Apperance
can be a description or picture

Personality
self explanitory

Background
self explanitory
Anyway, let me know if I majorly screwed up. Haha. Anyway, I'll get my character up myself later as I am going to see some fireworks soon. Feel free to join in and throw out your ideas and such! Thank you for at least taking intrest enough to click on the thread!

Name
Piper Turner

Role
patient

Ailment if patient
anxiety

Appearance
original.png

Personality
- shy
  • funny
  • cares a lot for her friends
  • hopeless romantic
  • insecure

Background
After a few too many encounters with fake friends and people manipulating her, Piper started to become very insecure in any friendship. She began to think that she couldn't trust anybody because in the end they would all just turn around and stab her in the back. Throughout high school her mom refused to acknowledge that she had a problem, but once her boyfriend of 2 years left her for someone younger the signs were too apparent to ignore. Her mom heard of a good hospital to treat any type of ailment and decided to send Piper there because she needed her daughter to be "normal" again. For Piper, this was her normal, and she worried what treatment might entail for her because she felt like she was so far gone.

I hope this works, I cannot wait to be a part of this !!

Name
Taylor Hudson

Role

Patient

Ailment if patient
Lukemia

Apperance

View attachment 7557

Personality
Many people would tell you that Taylor is a lot to handle and even Taylor herself admits that her personality isn't for everyone, but she wouldn't have it any other way. Taylor is a very social and energetic girl. You can often catch her talking a million miles a minute about one topic, not letting the other person respond until she's finished. It's just that once she starts going on about something that she's passionate about, which is nearly everything she bothers to even talk about, she has a hard time stopping..

In addition to this, Taylor tends to be rather blunt. She will say whatever pops into her mind at the very moment she thinks it without thinking about the consequences. Sure, as soon as she speaks and realizes she shouldn't have said anything, she tries to make it up as best she can. She is a people pleasure after all. She can't stand the thought of offending someone even though she actually does it often. She simply acts on emotion and doesn't think things through, but she is constantly trying to make ammends with one person or another.

As a friend, Taylor is completely and utterly loyal. She cares deeply about those whom are her friends and her family and would take a bullet for them any day. As an enemy however, she makes a formidable one as she can hold a grudge until the end of time.

Background
As for how Taylor grew up, it was always just her and her mother. Taylor's mother had Taylor at the young age of seventeen and, not wanting the responsibility, her father left them both and Taylor had never met him nor ever wants to.

Her mother being a teenage mother found it difficult to provide for them, having never been able to go to college and all. Taylor grew up being very careful with money and working at least two jobs at a time to help her mother whom worked as a maid in a hotel. Sometimes they had to go without electricity even. Despite this, Taylor had a very happy childhood and loves her mother dearly.

Knowing the value of hard work, Taylor has always worked hard and, with the help of scholarships, got accepted into a college away from home. She packed up and regretfully left her mother to fulfill her dreams of being an author. Little did she know that she would have to be all of this to a halt as a result of her health.

It's perfect! Thank you so much for joining. If I'm to be honest, I'm afraid no one knew as I don't know how things works here quite well yet. Haha

It can be a bit disheartening seeing that people looked at your prompt(s) and didn't reply, but give it a few hours. I'm sure people will be interested in hearing more if not joining :)

(Still WIPS)

Name
Kayden Mitchell

Role
Patient

Ailment
Broken Legs (yes, both of them)

Appearance
(Argh, this turned out more feminine than I intended, lol)

View attachment 7632

Personality
(Still need to write)

Background
(Still need to write)

Name
Jai Miller (born Rebecca Miller)

Role
Patient

Ailment
Major Depressive Disorder

Appearance
View attachment 7633

Personality
(Still need to write)

Background
(Still need to write)

Last edited:
I wanna apologize quickly for taking so long to finish off my characters. I was trying to think of appearances and stuff, and then I got sidetracked by knitting a present for my best friend's birthday, and now I'm working on actually drawing my characters' appearances, which might take a while, I'm not sure.

Back