Stahlhiem: College of Magic (Rebooted!) IC

ChelonianCommander

Strength of Steel, Will of Iron

You character has arrived at a large gothic style castle, that is the college. The college itself is impressive and large from the outside, made of grey stone and has a many stain-glass windows. You have arrived to the College by carriage, being driven by living suits of armor known as Void Born, and pulled by powerful looking Griffins.

At the college's entrance, at the top of the stairs, stands three people. One Large Nug, wearing a full set of iron armor, and carrying a large battleaxe, too big for any normal man to carry, Void Born made of polished steel armor and carrying a halberd, and a wizard standing in the middle of the group, wearing a blue and gold robe. The carriages pull up at the base of the stairs and the doors magically opens and the students leaves the carriages.

Last edited:
"A mix'or of a lot of differant tiny people dis time boss lady." Said the Nug. "It more nice den having only Border people all da time."

"That may be Shish, I wonder if the Headmaster bought any of them." Commented the Void Born

"Enough talk, both of you. I shall greet the students, do your duties and I shall do mine." Said the Wizard

The Wizard, a middle aged blond woman with blue eyes, steps forward and calls out to the new students. She speaks with a slight Britannian accent to the newest batch of students. The other two stayed behind, as the woman clearly outranked them in the hierarchy.

"Welcome students, to Stahlhiem. May you find the college and city to be fit for you to call home for these next few decades. My name is Master Landrain, and I am the Headmaster's assistant. You will see him shortly, but for now I assume you are all rather hungry. If you may, please follow me." Master Landrain walks back into the college, leading the group of First Years into the college into the dining hall while the Nug and Void Born stayed behind to close the door. In the Dining Hall all the other students 2nd year and higher are all gathered and eating. As the students entered, the smell of cooked meats, fresh pies and other lovely and warm scents filled most of the students noses as Master Landrain leads them to an empty table, covered in hot meats and stews, warm breads and pies and cold salads and drink. "Now please enjoy yourselves."

Last edited:
Although it was nearing dinner and many of the passengers were eagerly awaiting their arrival at Stahlhiem, Mikida arrived perfectly asleep. Only once the carriages came to a complete stop and many passengers had already begun to gather their things did Mikida even begin to stir. Unlike the vast majority of people, she didn't have any sort of belongings which she had to handle.

Mikida outstretched her arms, letting out a prolonged and unapologetic yawn. Although Mikida's actions would suggest a calm and relaxing atmosphere, in actuality she just reached the most difficult part of her entire trip. Now that she came aboard as a Verdantkin youth seemingly no older than 7, she had nobody to vouch for her belonging at this school. In fact, just the journey itself caused plenty of trouble. After all, what could this black haired, twintailed, fair-skinned, child possibly have any business coming to Stahlhiem? It didn't help matters that nobody could vouch that she was even invited to attend. Needless to say, she likely has been eyed down curiously since the moment she revealed that she had snuck on board.

Yet one could never tell that she was in such a perilous situation as she simply ran her hands down her playful red and black dress to smooth out the wrinkles, and leapt from her seat to the floor. Still seemingly half-awake, Mikida rubbed her eyes, making her way towards the college. Perhaps all it would take is looking like she is meant to be here. Following Master Landrain, she looks around her classmates pensively, putting off the act of taking a seat.

Tashunka didn't really enjoy the carriage ride, since he usually just walked himself around, but the school made up for the boring ride. Spending most of his life on the road Tashunka was not ready for how overwhelming the castle was, he couldn't believe the beauty of the stone or the way the light hit the stained glass windows. Tashunka wanted to continue to just enjoy the beauty of the place, but after Master Landrain finished her small speech he followed her through the doors into the castle.

Tashunka didn't need to be told twice to start eating. "Sitting" down Tashunka dug right into the feast, being half horse and a rather large one at that Tashunka had no problem stuffing his face with every tasteful delicacy he could reach. "This stuff is amazing," Tashunka said to no one in particular as he started covering his plate with thirds.

Parpar stepped down from the carriage, following after the Verdantkin before him. She seemed to have no luggage, a rather bizarre choice seeing as how they would be living here now. As for himself, he had brought a large chest filled with silk clothing, ornate jeweled feather hats, and a few other possessions he had managed to pack in around the necessities. Carefully observing the chest being taken by the goblins, he only half-listened to the short speech by the headmaster.

He followed the rest of the group, straightening the simple red dyed feather crown on his head and the patterned lily and rose robe on his body, soon coming to the dining hall. The hall was rather... bland, really. For such an important room, even the large vaulted roof could barely make up for the inadequacy of the food spread before them. Slowly, he took a seat next to the centaur, carefully moving over a few inches to avoid the small mess he was making.

"Amazing?" Parpar asked, almost disgusted at the comment. "This food looks blander than eating sand. I can barely even smell it. Is this what all you people eat everyday? Where is the flavour, the spice!"

Audrey of the House Blackthorn sits calmly reading a book. Her calm is only surface deep, she cannot image how the pretty girl across from her is sleeping. The girl was glacier calm, like the grand cats her father talked about. She has slept for most of the ride.
Audrey looks down at the book she has been pretending to read A Thousand Wishes Unbound. The book was the newest in Britannia literature. Father calls it love novels but all he likes to do is train and kill people.
When the carriage arrived at the school she made sure to stay close to the pretty girl and not make a fool of her bloodline.

coronaria hid within her cloak even tho she was riding in the carriage and quickly gets out bringing a small bag with her that has all her personal items in it and follows the large group altho keeping a considerable distance away from anyone and soon enters the dining hall stoping and staring at all the food her mouth salivating. She grabs as much as she can and ends up siting near a centaur and someone in a robe tho its clear she is very nervous.

After spending a few moments of observation, Mikida turns back to find a Britainnian girl, seemingly following her lead. Since the Britainnian had stalled like Mikida, entering into conversation proved natural. With a sleepy lisp, "You wanted to eat right? Would you mind if I sat with you?"

After letting the students in, the Assistant uses her magic to close the door behind her before taking a seat at the long table in the back of the hall, along with all the other important staff members, save for one suspiciously empty seat. Once Master Landrain sits down, next to a man wearing a silver robe and a dark red mask, the masked man stands up. The man's authority was impeccable as the moment he stands, the entire hall quiets down. When the hall was truly quiet the man speaks in a clear voice and commanding voice, despite his mask.

"Greeting students of the College. You all know me, or if you are new, will know me as Headmaster Waltherus." Started the Headmaster "Today is a very special occasion, as it is every year. Today we celebrate the graduation of three of our students, Lorence de Lestre, Witold Kaplan, & Gottschalk Finck." The Headmaster gestures to a table, where three students stand up and take their bows as the students cheers and applauds. The Headmaster quickly settles down the crowd "But we do not just celebrate the departure of the old, but the arrival of the new" He gestures to the new First Years, and one again the college began to applaud and cheer.

Audrey stares at the pretty girl in shock. Suppressing the urge to flee from her gaze and the blood flowing to her cheeks. “I..I...I’m Audrey and Yes.” She shoulders her pack and glances at the small dining table. Small compared to the banquet halls she has eaten at since birth. Her former fiancé’s table was at least twice this big.
She knew she was shifting her attention from the girl, but she needed to maintain some gravitas.
Audrey listened to the words of the Headmaster with gratitude proof that some students moved on. She may never be a Lady of a House, but she knew she would be useful to the cause.
Yes Audrey, keep your thoughts elsewhere.
Audrey sits next to the girl placing her bag at her feet.

Last edited:
"I've had sand before it doesn't taste like this," Tashunka replied without realising that it probably didn't help his case. "Here try this," Tashunka said handing Parpar pepper, "put enough of that on and you can cover up any bad taste." Man I really have to stop giving advice on food, Tashunka thought to himself, as he finally realised he probably wasn't helping. Thankfully the headmaster started speaking before Tashunka could continue. After the completion of the speech Tashunka turned back to his food thinking to himself, only three people are graduating? This is probably going to be a lot different from a life as a merchant.

After Audrey took a seat in her chair, Mikida plants herself right on Audrey's lap. Her size makes her fit perfectly under Audrey's chin. Mikida smiles cheerfully before taking a soft tone, "I know this probably doesn't mean much from a Verdantkin, but I'm sorry for everything you've been through. I know most of your kind would be dreading having to attend Stahlhiem." Mikida says this, all while looking up with youthful, tired, yet concerned eyes.

"Dreading?" Audrey smiles. "Do you know what my fate would have been if I didn't expose the curse?"
Audley pauses her smile leaves. A deep sadness wells up for the fate of her sisters.
"The women in my family produce at least 13 children and most likely to die in childbirth. I am sorry. My problems shouldn't be thrown at unintroduced strangers."
Audrey let's her anxiety fade. "Is it strange that I don't know your name, but I can feel our destinies intertwined?"
Audrey reaches over an side hugs the girl.

"Settle down everyone settle down." The Headmaster got the students to stop their praise of the new students. "Now before we continue with the feasts, I would like to introduce the college's newest benefactor, Sir Alham of the House of Rando." The students began to clap, but most not out of praise, but more out of politeness as the venefactor, an extravagantly dressed Verdantkin stands up and takes a bow before sitting back down. "Yes, now that introductions are out of the way, I assume you all wish to get back to your ea-" The door flies open, as a red haired man wearing orange and yellow robes stomps into the dining hall with a furious look on his face. His hands are gnarled, black and crooked and there was a passionate fire in his eyes. He addresses the headmaster in a loud shout that reverberates throughout the hall.

"Arnest you whore-born sorry example of a wizard! How dare you, how DARE you forget to invite me to this, the most important night of the college! I've been at this school for more then 20 years, and have suffered great humiliations at other's expense but this, THIS....BETRAYAL shall be THE last straw!" The mad wizard quickly adsorbs every bit of flame from the hall, extinguishing every candle and lantern and darkening the room to near black. The flames gather into the man's palm as it began to turn into a mixture of colors, like a hot balled up rainbow. Many students began to duck under the table, while those who could created small shields magical shields to protect themselves and their friends. "Now Arnest, prepare for you eternal reward!"

The headmaster kept a calm demeanor as the Wizard gave his speech. Using that time he grabbed a goblet of wine and used its content to summon forth a dove made of the goblet's content. He sends the Wine Dove speeding forward towards the Wizard just as the Wizard releases the rainbow colored fireball. The dove caught the Fire Wizard off guard however as the wine caused the fireball to prematurely explode in the Wizard's face, sending forth a stream of glimmering lights upward which exploded into a collection of bright and beautiful fireworks.

coronaria jumps in her seat as the red haired man starts yelling at the headmaster and ducks under the table as the man begins to gather all the fire within the room only to see it explode in the wizards face causing her to laugh and watch the colorful lights in awe.

Audrey watches as the mad fire mage attack the Headmaster. Little balls of energy engulf the older students. Leaving the new arrivals without protection. She looks down at the cute little girl and feels a desire to protect her. The attacker is less than twenty feet from where Audrey sits. Audrey removes the girl from her lap. Smiling a little as she reaches for the large goblet in front of her.

Was this what her brothers called the blood of knights?

Not believing she could hit the mage, at most she thought it would distract him enough for the Headmaster to end it.

Audrey stands and lets the goblet fly. Her shocked eyes follows its passage.

Last edited:
The goblet flies across the air, but froze mid-flight when one of the teachers, a female Borderman had caught the goblet using Psyker Magic. The smoke clears as the Fire Mage falls backwards laughing to himself in a manic manner.

"Many thanks, Master Aldermann." The Headmaster clears his throat before addressing the first years. "Students please do not be frightened, Master Pauelus attempts to perform a display of fire magic to the students. However he is usually refrained from doing so as his previous attempts to entertain the first years have proven to be rather dangerous at times, even to the masters. So please, refrain yourself from attacking the Master as he, as you might have already seen, is rather passionate about his craft." Master Pauelus suddenly jumped up as energetic as before, as if the previous explosion didn't even phase him, still laughing and smiling like an entertainer. The older students clapped and applauded the Master.

"I do my very best as you would know Arnest. Now as to the litterer!~" Rilker takes the cup from the air, and drinks what remained of its content, refreshing himself before heating up the metal goblet, then reshaping it into what could be considered a slightly melted plate. The plate was steaming but was somehow cool to the touch. "A prize for the lovely lady." He gives her a wink before swiping a large stick of mutton and leaving the room. The room calmed down and the lights magically reignited themselves.

"Now...since that's over, students, please enjoy yourselves until the end of the dinner period." Said the Headmaster and the hall returned to it's bustling ways, as several servants then arrive with new plates filled with freshly cooked food.

Simon - Dining hall

Simon's face is wide with amusement "This is so awesome" he thinks to himself before putting a roll of bread into his mouth. As he's eating a thought comes into his mind and he starts looking around. He touches the shoulder of the nearest and most intelligent person he could find"Ah hey" he say in his best salesman voice "So i'm Simon I assume you know more about magic than I do because I have no Idea whats going on but I feel so Excited right now"

Last edited:
Simon - Dining hall

The student Simon speaks to seems uninterested and ignores him which only makes Simon scowl . Defeated Simon just slumps stand from his chair and approaches the least busy looking staff member "Hello um I don't actually know where I am I was just told by my parent to ride a caravan and I did" "Where are we, whats happening and do we just wait here I really don't know whats going on"

Last edited:
Back