Stonemere

Mi stared at him as if he was insane. "What are you- OW" She grabbed him and stared him dead in the eye.

"Dare poke me with that one more time, I dare you." She growled. Mi sounded dead serious and looked pissed.

"So how have you managed to stay this way - Healthy, I mean. Sorry I had to make sure. You were real. I know you poke yourself when it's a dream. Not others. I'm sorry, Am I talking to much"

He had to know ow and why. If he knew the source he could help the other.s Possibly saved them. But not by himself. He needed information and allies.

Mi let him go, eyes narrowed slightly and her body tensed in case he did it again.

"They make us take some special pills that take away our free will. They claim it will calm us and will make us feel "safe.". I refused to take them and only pretended to, therefore I remained the same." Mi stared at the boy for a good 2 seconds before holding out her hand.

"I'm Mi."

He high-five'd her hand, It was awkward as that wasn't what she was going for.

"I'm Jeremy. And my friend up on the hill. He's a warrior of the Alcerion. I call him Nothing. He has no intention of helping us. He's good company though. Hey maybe we can help each other. To i don't know. Free all the people. Save humanity. your everyday stuff!" He exclaimed.

Mi held in a laugh. Well, Jeremy was an odd companion.

"Oh, that fella. He doesn't seem very....social." She stared outside at the man, clearing her throat. "So, how come you're...not all slavery and shit?" She asked, staring at him.

His first impressions of her was that she was cold. But she turned out to be a pretty normal human. She seemed like a good enough companion.

"Oh he's social. He just doesn't take action. Not for us. But don't let that get to you" He defended his friend.
"Well. I'm not enslaved because I was saved. I'd say more - But he really doesn't appreciate me talking about it. He's just angry is all" He explained.

He looked up onto the hill to look at his friend, Nothing.

----- Stared back down at them. He was waiting like his friend asked. He had nothing else better to do but wait until he received orders. In the meantime he was to not engage in the affairs of other races.

"So maybe you could join us. For my sake. To give me a bit of insanity. That and he'll probably leave me any second. He's pretty impatient. Kinda like an old Husband. You know that husband. Haha. Really though. If we want to make a stand why not together as normal sociable humans. Tin-can over there isn't going to take action" Jeremy said.

He gestured his hands into a fist, trying to look strong, trying to impress and seem like a leader of some resistance. What a resistance leader he'd be aye?

Mi sat down on the piano bench and crossed her legs, tucking her hand under her chin.

"Hmmm. Well, alright. If that means-" A pained expression crossed her features, and she stammered for words. "If t-that means I get to kick some ass!" Mi got up and held up her fists, forcing a mischevious grin unto her face. "Lets go over to that "Tin-can" before he ditches you, eh?" She began speed-walking towards the man standing on the hill that Jeremy called "nothing.".

A few hours later......

----- picked up dirt from the ground. He let is slide out of his hand, It slithered off his hand and onto the ground. The desert was a monster but it wasn't completely in-humane. There had to be life somewhere.

"What are you doing ?" Jeremy gave a weird face at him.
"Moisture is in the sand. I'm trying to find a very moist area. It'd be great for supplies...."
"A one mind track with you....."

They weren't traveling around randomly, but with direction. For ----- was trying to find the most resource friendly area, But Jeremy knew where they were heading towards. It gave him a sense of dread. As they were headed to one of the most dangerous places within the world. It gave him some good memories too. He use to play there with his friends all day long. He was living it good, he was just relaxing, and struggling like anyone else. It was nice, it was life. But those days are for gone drowned out by the invading forces who took everything that made them human. He was angry. He wanted to do something about it, he was also wise enough to know he couldn't do it by himself, he wasn't a fighter, but he knew someone who was. It was unlucky for him that fate was cruel. The only creatures that could help were refusing. But if he didn't care why keep him around. Why keep him alive. ----- motives were still unclear. However somewhere deep in that armor is someone who lives and breaths like they do. ITs just his head is too thick to be able to change his mind. It was an impenetrable force.

They started to walk towards a drop off point. There was a city in the distance.

"Stonemere......." Jeremy said.

There were so many people in the distance enslaved by all sorts of Chimeras and other unknown creatures. The humans didn't even look like they were living anymore, they weren't even surviving, they just were. Everything that made them human was stripped of them, they were turned into slave, all they had and all they were was torn from them. Once they lost everything they just became things, that's all they were anymore. It made Jeremy sick to his stomach to see all this. It was all overwhelming him. He ran away from the others to throw up in an isolated corner.

Mi looked bored along the way, dragging the sword behind her in an odd manner. However, when her eyes fell on the people, she paused, falling silent. If the people were chained and struggling, it would have made it easier to bear. but these-these weren't even human anymore. She felt sick to her stomach just looking at them, and turned away. The dreadful feeling hung over her as Mi struggled to move forward, back to this ugly place.

She didn't know whether to turn back and give up now or keep moving forward like she didn't care. She didn't want to stay here a moment longer, pitying over people that were beyond saving. Who knew how long they had been taking these pills? How much longer it would take to get it out of their system, their brains? It hurt her head to just think about it. The thing Jeremy wanted to do was beyond impossible, but she didn't have the heart to tell him otherwise. She didn't want him to give up as she had so many years ago.

Mi saw Jeremy throwing up in the corner and handed him a tissue, patting him on the back. "Stay strong, kid." Was all she could say, and then she turned away with her heart heavy. ------ did nothing, standing there and staring at the people like they meant nothing to him. A soft expression crossed Mi's features as she turned and began walking towards Stonemere once more.

They stared at the city, all standing horizontal to each other. Jimmy had his jumbled feelings come to the surface. all those innocent people under there control.

"How can you be okay with this?" Jeremy asked -----
"They are unified..."
"But it's wrong, it's not unification-" He chocked
"Yeah, it's slavery. And that's....wrong?"
"Of course it is. Imagine doing something against your will!"

He felt a bit confused. He didn't fully understand the concept of slavery. It was unification. But it was forced. If he wasn't born with a complete empathy disconnection then he'd get how it'd feel. But he didn't. But he knew it was somehow wrong. It wasn't right. It wasn't his affair - not yet. There was no order to free the humans. There was no reason either, not yet, they didn't understand the situation completely and did not want a bias. He saw the history reports of what they had on the humans, every Alcerion did, it was directly downloaded to their brain. They were creatures who fought each other for resources and power. As much as he liked Jeremy he wasn't sure if humanity was worht saving. He was still unsure about the whole situation. They were enslaved and that would stop them from speaking from themselves.

"Your words.. They help me understand"
"Well I am gonna give them hell!"

Jeremy unsheathed his sword. ----- grabbed his shoulder and stopped him.

"No"
"No? You can't expect me to stop-"
"I'll handle this Jeremy, Stay here"
"But-"
"Do as I say!"

Jeremy got quiet, but he listened to him. ----- was one powerful dude, and the fact he didn't know if he was on the sides of the humans scared him, but he still grew some what close to him in the short time he had knownw him. he was stioc, but showed kindness to Jeremy in a much needed time. So ----- started walking towards the town alone as Jeremy stood idly by.

"...So what are you going to do then?"
"..What I always do......Talk" ----- He said as the moonlight shined upon him.

Jeremy grabbed Mi by her hand so she wouldn't follow. If this all went wrong, he wasn't sure if they could survive, especially because the fact he couldn't fight and also didn't have any armor. He was scared of Nothing, But he had to trust him, his friend.
----------------------------------------------
Stonemere Town Square....

The town was full of Bird Chimera flocking around the whole place, but as soon as he stepped foot in the town square it got dead silent. All the Bird Chimeras; the workers, the civilians, the knights; all stopped to stare at him. The air quickly filled with the feeling of dread and animosity, it was thick and all breath seemed to stop. All their eyes glued to the outsider walking towards the Mayors office. They were all curious as to what he was doing there. It was confusing to see someone so unpretentious be so fearless in this town. After all it was the town where humanity had gone to die without dying, A fate worse than the afterlife. Yet, it held no hand on him as he kept going through the town, it was so quiet you could hear his heart beat, and even his heart beat never skipped a beat nor did it speed up. He was perfectly fine. As he got closer to the Mayor's office all the creatures returned back to their work. If he was dumb enough to do anything they assumed they could take him on. That was only if they got the chance.

----- had walked passed the secretary..

"Sir, You can't go in there without an appointment!" He chirped, but didn't try to physically stop him.

He swung the door open and casually walked into the main office. Inside was a interesting looking Bird Chimera. He was very colorful like that of a parrot, he had red feathers with blue ones around his eyes. His body was a bear, it was very bulky and thick, His hands were fat. You could tell just by those hands and by those eyes that he was a killer, those features practically screamed it. The worst part was he didn't even seemed phased by it. In that aspect both ----- and the Mayor were the same. Just cold shells who only get a spark of feelings for themselves. Nothing walked across the room and took a seat. The Mayor had gritted his teeth. His name plaque had show his name...

"Mayor Par Riot.... Hello" ----- said in a stoic tone.
"Ah... Y-Y-Yes ... Bawk! Bawk! A guest.. what is Y-Your business"

You could hear the sweat in his voice. He grabbed a handkerchief and dabbed the sweat off his head.

"I'm here to discuss matters with you.."
"Of w-w-what matter do you Ba-Bawk! speak of?"
"I speak for the Alcerion Legion. I wish to create unity between Humans, Chimeras, and the Alcerion Legion"
"An a alliance? Why that would be great!" The Mayor grinned.
"Yes but I'd need a human to represent themselves"
"Well...w-why..why I Ba-Bawk! speak for t-them!"
"No. I need a human to speak. Not a slave"

Mayor Par Riot had started to frown. He stopped dabbing his head and put the handkerchief down slowly. That air had seeped into the room. It followed by the dead silence that killed all noise and emotion. It was a stare down followed by another grin by a cocky Mayor.

"Do y-you know w-why there is no Ba-Bawk! guards around the mayor office?" Par Riot said

Nothing hadn't thought of that, And now that he did know, he felt uneasy. That wasn't normal. So just what was up the Mayors sleeve. ----- watched for any movement. The moves he made would effect if he lived or not.

"Well l-let's say I have insurance Ba-Bawk! Bawk!"

The mayor quickly pulled out a long magical staff from under his desk. It was long and had three lightning shaped pieces of metal at the end, all joining at the blue crystal at the top of the staff. It had electricity flowing out of the crystal and into the metal prongs shaped like electricity. He aimed it at ----- and the staff reacted to his thought, it shot out a concentrated electric beam with a lot of kick, proof was in the mayors inability to control its recoil. This gave ----- the opportunity to be able to dodge roll out of the beams way. He adjusted his aim and slowly tried to hit -----, but the kick was slowing how fast he could turn it. This helped Nothing run across the room to escape the beams destruction. It was time to buy himself a few seconds of time, it was time for some improvisations, do something the mayor wouldn't expect. As the death beam approached, he jumped up. The beam nearly had gotten him. The mayor hovered over the spot he jumped in, Expecting him to fall back down, but he didn't

By the time the mayor looked up, a dagger had flied across the room and bunged into his throat, which causing him to fall down. ----- was flying in the air. In a last ditch effort Par tried to move the staff up, but -----had flied over to hi and shoved his foot onto the knife making it dig deeper into his throat. Nothing could here him gurgling, struggling to breath, and struggling to open his mouth. ----- angrily and with great violence whipped the staff across the room and tore out the knife. He took off his mask and had visible anger all over his face, he looked at the dying Mayor.

"You couldn't just talk! Does your kind ever do that! I just want us to live and peace. I want to go home! but I'm fricking stuck with you"

The mayor looked amused as he drew his last breath. Nothing was very frustrated, he just wanted to be back home, he was comfortable there, his skin crawled on the surface world.

Creak.

The door slowly opened. In the doorway was the secretary. He quickly looked towards him with knife in hand. But to his surprise the secretary was clapping slowly, it put him at..

"Ease... Calm down. I'm not here to hurt you. In fact I wanna show you something down stairs" The mysterious Bird said.
"What about the city?"
"What about the city... They can't hear a thing! Now follow me!"

The stranger was very confident with his beak appearing to smile, which ----- wasn't even sure was possible. The man reached under his desk, probably flipping a switch because a doorway had opened in the middle of the secretary's office. IT revealed a stairwell the went into the darkness. They went into the rabbit hole. It opened up into a pitch black room. In the distance the lights started to turn on, one-by-one the lights turned on, each flip of the switch brought the light closer to them. The light revealed vital chambers. Big tubes full of liquid that acted like life support, inside of them were Bird Chimera. When ----- faced the secretary he took his Bird face off, in all reality he was a human. He had long black hair, perfect blue eyes, a great jaw line, and recently shaved facial hair. His face was that of a celebrities in looks. He smirked.

"My name is Carlos Henress! Welcome to my chambers." He said
"What's going on here?"
"Experiments of course"
"What for?"
"Hold on tiger. Whats your name?"
"I have no name I've been stripped of my rank. Now. What is this? Why have you brought me here?"
"Wow a real Alcerion. Nice. I haven't seen you around these parts. Well come. Let me enlighten you"

----- had followed him to one of the vital chambers.

"They're Bird Chimera" ----- stated.
"Yes they seem to be immune to the serum in the pills that turn humans into slaves. The liquid takes this DNA they have and turns it into a vaccine. I plan to give it to the humans. Well when I became Mayor, which you sir have helped. The secretary gets promoted whenever the mayor is killed. So thank you!"
"It's genius converting it into a vaccine. But how will you convince them?"
"Well when I'm mayor I'll how-you-say? Lie. Tell them it'll improve their work speed. Slowly they will become.. human again"
"What of the Bird Chimera?"
"What about them? You can't just kill them"
"Yes- Yes of course not. I'll help them"
"Unification...."
"Yes of course. Unify them. I'll act as a meduim for the humans and birds. I'll slowly convert the humans together and as the mayor force them to live together. How does that sound tin-can?"
"It's fine by my standards. I'd say that it's very Alcerion of you"
"Why thank you sir" He bows "But if they see just me. They'll think I did it. So to look good. Please let me arrest you sir"

At first he seemed a bit shocked. But by helping in the unification of humans and chimeras might impress A'g'nar the General of the Alcerion Legion. ----- was trying to get brownie points and find his way back into the Alcerion Legion.

"I salute you not as a man but as an Alcerion. But before you arrest me, promise me something?"
"Of course, Sir"
"Tell Jeremy whats going on. He's up in the hills. If they need protection let them stay here under your services..... And dOnt lEt aNYoNe hUrT HiM"
"Of- Of course"

----- had his eyes pierce into Carlos' soul. He felt it was best to listen to Nothing.

He put cuffs onto him and brought him into the city jail. The whole town watched in silence. It was weird. When he got to the prison, no one was in the jail cells, it was only him. He sat down in his own little corner in silence and in thought.

At the overlook point....

As a mysterious bird chimera walked up to Jeremy he pulled a sword trying to be protective. He took off the mask.

"Hello, I'm Carlos, you must be Jeremy. He told me about you...." He told them about the events that just happened.
"....So if you want to be my butlers and work under me safely you can" He put on his perfect smile.
"How do we know you won't get caught.. that could be a risk to Nothing and to us if we go with you"
"It's magically enchanted so only i can take it off" He smiled and slipped the mask back onto his head.

The next chapter begins.....

Back