Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
Storyteller’s Circle Highlights: December 2016

Another month and another resounding success for Storyteller's Circle.​

Special Thanks

Foremost is @Gwazi Magnum for continuing to dominate the Introduction Forum. Storyteller's Circle's strongest asset is its emphasis on community and staff support. Few have driven this point home into the Introduction Forum as readily as he. I would also like to recognize and thank @Meliodas, @Kian, @Otomos the Crazy, and @The Taleweaver for their active and consistent participation in the Introduction Forum alongside Gwazi Magnum.

In addition, special thanks are also afforded for @The Taleweaver, @Lovelessesbutterfly, @MissMudkip, @Cana, @Zorja, @Lazzamore, @ArQane, @Meliodas, and @Luxin for taking the time to recommend our website to others. Nothing says 'I support this community' like giving your personal recommendation to friends.

We also had another very successful voting month and maintained a second place position on the Top RP Sites listings for the entire month. This was largely in part to the sheer number of people we had participating in voting when the votes reset, and thanks are in order for each and every one of them. Keep up the good work! The votes reset in 27 hours, so get ready to hit the ground running as soon as they do!

Continuing on, we have had several new Wardens that joined our staff team for the month of December, all of whom are deserving of thanks for volunteering their time to making Storyteller's Circle a better place and to ensure that our users have the best experience possible. @The Taleweaver, @Diabolique, @DreamWhispers, @Persephone, and @CelticCat.

And lastly, but certainly not least! A very special thanks to everyone who generously donated to the website this month. Especially to @Loki Laufeyson/Faithy, @Sentry, and @Script for their very sizable and generous donations. However! Donations of any magnitude are worthy of recognition and thanks go out as well to @Lila Heartstrings, @Morbid Quote, @Meliodas, and @Cana.

New Roleplay Content

We have several new Epic Roleplays that have opened up their door this month including The Last Heroes' Guild GMed by @Almighty.Person.Me, Somnium Aeternum GMed by @Jag, The Sentinel Clans GMed by @Lovelessesbutterfly, and Pokemon: Journeys of Anteceon GMed by @Iamtheecchiking. With our site growing so swiftly, these Epic Roleplays have served to offer a home for large numbers of roleplayers and have been a key component to keeping large numbers of players engaged while we work to improve our selection of single-thread play-by-post roleplays.

In addition to our Epic Roleplays, we have begun to offer personal sub-forum space for large Multi-Thread Roleplays that don't fit the definition of Epic Roleplays. We now have two multi-thread roleplays opened up: Ages Eternal GMed by @Lazzamore and Requiem GMed by @TrashierThanThou.

Though lagging behind our Epic Roleplays, our play-by-post roleplays are slowly growing in number. In particular we would like to recognize Stahlheim College of Magic GMed by @ChelonianCommander, for its grand-opening that hit the ground running. It is my sincere hope that in time our play-by-post forums will be filled with roleplays as lively and engaging as this one has proven to be for its players.

New Miscellaneous Content

Our creative forums have really picked up this month with a lot of new additions in both the artwork and creative writing forums. @Lila Heartstrings, @Elionwy, @Shadowwell , @Ghost, @ChelonianCommander, @Shiore, @Cowl, @WiZ, @Silaries, @Señor Bubble, @Astaroth, @GanonTARDIS, @TheZanta, @DispiritedKing, @Iamtheecchiking, @EvrinKai, @BadApple, @Miss Claire Elizabeth, @Willow Novell, @Kian, @Rachel Rider and @grandin all have new threads in the creative forums. Definitely worth checking them all out.

We have a new website guide setup to help our new users, and I urge everyone to be familiar with it so they can hand it off to people in need: Comprehensive Website Guide

In addition to our website guide we've had three new guides submitted to our Roleplayers' Codex, including a grammar guide by @Nilum, and a T1 PVP Tiers guide by @Drakel. We will be on the lookout in the months to come for more guides to add to our codex!

Summary

What we're doing right: Our staff and users alike have been excellent in receiving new members, helping them get situated, and making them feel at home. We've had great success in fronting engaging Epic Roleplays, and making people feel welcome within these roleplays. My expectations have genuinely been far exceeded by the support I continue to witness between our users on a day to day basis.

What we need to work on: Our play-by-post roleplay forums is our weakest point right now. Our bulletin board is flooded with roleplay ideas and interest checks - many of which have had piles of interest - but only a small fraction of these have been making it into the play-by-post forums. If we wish to make January as strong a month for Storyteller's Circle as November and December have been, we should all put some time and effort to helping to strengthen this area of our website.

Sneak peak for January: We have a lot of new projects in the works for January. Among them is the full launch of our Design team. For our artists out there, keep an eye out for news regarding this! We will be on the lookout for artists interested in donating their time to helping people make their roleplays come alive through imagery. A full team dedicated to creating banners, signatures, character sketches, front page slider images, and more for people lays on the horizon.

We will also be launching the first edition of our monthly Storyteller’s Circle comic strip, so keep an eye out for that as well.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed seeing this recap! And I appreciate being mentioned within it. Great work everyone! Let's make this upcoming year the best yet.

~M

Foremost is @Gwazi Magnum for continuing to dominate the Introduction Forum.
Patrick-Star-Blushing-With-a-Love-Struck-Expression-On-Spongebob-Squarepants.gif

Back