Storyteller's Circle Highlights: March 2017

Crim

The blobfish
Storyteller’s Circle Highlights: March 2017

Special Thanks

Hi guys! Cream here. I'm helping Tiko out with this month's highlights and so, here I am! We're now in month five of STC's life and things are really good. We seem to have had lots of new members again this month and again, we haven't left an intro post untouched. Great work from all of us, and special thanks to @Nox @Kian @Astaroth @Neptune @Silence and @_nebula_, and of course everyone else that have taken the time to reply to our many new users and help them out.

Also, a special thanks goes to @Nox @Birdee10 and @Silence for taking the initiative to help out with queries that have come into the Help Forum. This means that we also haven't had any of the help forum go unanswered either. Having your help is greatly appreciated, especially if the Admins or staff aren't immediately around.

New Roleplay Content

We have two new epic roleplay's this month. The Isthmus of Souls by @ArQane and Etoliea by @Singing Skies and @Rachel Rider. Definitely go and check them out, as well as the other epic RP's that are up there.

We also have a lot of OOC threads that have started this month, so check them out in the OOC forums. Some of them include: Masks by @ViceVersus, AADC by @Astaroth and E.U.C.L.I.D by @Southpaw and many many more, so be sure to check them all out if you are still looking for more adventures to go one.

Also check out our bulletin board. There are many ideas up there that are waiting to grab attention! Or, post your own if you have a story to tell!

Creative Forums

We now have a photography forum! @Tiko, @katisacat and myself have kick started things off with a bang and posted some awesome pictures. So check them out and post your own if you have anything!

The art forums have been in full swing again this month with amazing new art from @Pankong @lemonyhell @Silverflight @softboy @MoonBubble @The Mass Defect @SakiMcGee @DoveDragon @Petaloúdes and a special thanks to @Avery who I've seen some very gorgeous commissions for some of our users!

And in the creative writing forums we've had lots of new stories and poetry been posted! @Azure Dragon @.Potato., @Otomos the Crazy @katisacat @Draco Red @Rooibos @Pankong @Shadowwell @WiZ @EvrinKai @Madame Waldegrave, @Jingli888 @Aristotlle @Focusedheart @TeaAnna1 @uninspired&tired @FadedAlphabet @IdleChatter @Raging Glowworm and @OxBellows.

The March contests have just closed! I'm getting the voting threads up this weekend, so go and read the entries and look at the art submitted. I didn't have as many entries as last month, but that's okay. Just a reminder that I am to get each contest up around the 10th of each month and they close two weeks later. I'll probably start putting up an announcement in the creative forums to let you guys know that they're up! April's will come once the voting has closed!

As for my monthly comic, that is going to be slightly late for March. I've been extremely busy at work this month and so unfortunately the comic has been on the back burner and I haven't managed to finish it. But it should be up next week some time!

Summary

What we're doing right: The forums are in full swing. We're keeping on top of helping out new users, posting roleplays, and generally being focused on the community as we've always wanted to be. This is great guys. Nothing sends a better message than giving a warm welcome to new users and giving them help when they need it.

What we need to work on: The chat. I've noticed over the last month that it's been rather quiet at times. If you're around, pop in and say hello! And if you're a new user, come in and say hello also! Rather than having people come in and see a dead chat, let them come in and see the conversation flowing! Especially if you are like me and like chatting!

Sneak Peak for April: Not sure what we have in store for April but I just want to say that we should keep up the great work we've been doing for the community. It's been a great five months so far! Let's keep up the good work guys!

Back