Stranded. (Subnautica-Based RP)

Lila Renn

Hell on Earth.
The ship shuddered and shook, the sound of metal scraping against metal created this horrible shriek that resounded through the air. All Lily could smell was ash, flames and smoke. A pipe exploded next to air, causing her to collide with the floor.

She stumbled up, running to an entrance to an escape pod she could see nearby. 2 chair’s attached to the wall, sat to her left. Lily could just about make out the shape of a person in one of the seats. She rubbed her eyes, barely being able to see in the dim red light.

Lily collided with the chair, quickly pulling on the latch to close the door and the seatbelt. She grabbed the ‘EJECT’ button and pulled it. Suddenly, gravity disabled her movements, only the seatbelt stopping her from hitting the ceiling at the speed this was moving.
BOOM.
She looked up through the window above her, shrapnel and broken glass collided with the window and she could see the ship, her crews ship blow up. Watching through the window, Lily did not notice that the seatbelt had came off with the pressure on the cabin. Lily did not have time to register the consequences as her head hit the ceiling and all went black.

@Treasure

Alarms blared around him as Xander stumbled his way to the escape pod and fell into the seat. His hands scrabbled for the buckle and he tied himself in. Another figure appeared through the smoke and collapsed into the seat across from him, pulling the hatch closed behind them. He barely had time to register their presence before they'd smacked the eject button. If he could have spoken, he would have snarled at them about ensuring everyone was properly strapped in before throwing them into a bazillion G's, but his lips were currently plastered back across his cheeks.

The world spun around him. Or maybe he was the one spinning? It was hard to tell. He gripped his seatbelt as hard as he could despite the gravitational pull dragging at his arms. Shrapnel and junk collided with the pod, and for a moment he thought the window might break! But the enforced glass-like substance held, and they plummeted through the blackness of space. Other pods rained around them, but he couldn't see how many. One suddenly disintegrated as it impacted some part of the ship, and just like that, they were gone.

A flash of light drew his attention, and he tried to force his head around. The bright light of the soundless explosion lit up the interior of the escape pod. He couldn't hear a thing, not even a shock wave, as sound did not travel well in space, but he didn't have to hear or feel the explosion to know that anyone left on board was no more. Surely everyone got off, right? They'd had enough time. Everyone must have escaped!

Suddenly, his pod mate came loose from her belt. How had that happened? Had they truly been in such a panic they hadn't even properly secured themselves? He watched as their head collided with the ceiling, and all he could think was, Well, they're dead, now. I'm going to be traveling with a dead body! This was not at all what he'd meant when he'd decided to go looking for adventure. He closed his eyes, held on, and prayed that the nightmare would end as he slowly lost consciousness.

Last edited:
Lily slowly woke up to the smell of smoke and fire, ‘Was it a-‘ Her train of thought was momentarily lost when she saw a fire burning infront of her, a fire extinguisher sat on the floor to her right, clearly having cake loose. She stumbled to her feet, dragging her exhausted frame across the floor.

The heat blasted her like a furnace. Lily grabbed the fire extinguisher, fumbling for the small button on it. She quickly pressed it, and a spray of white mist collided with the orange flames. After a few seconds past, which seemed like an eternity with how time dragged itself on at the moment, the flames died down to an eventual flicker that was plucked out by a drop of the white mist.

Lily collapsed to the floor, this was too much for her to handle in the span of a few seconds. Eventually, she decided to get up and check on the man who was in the seat next to her, remembering she got in with another person. Lily went to the medical kit that was plastered on the wall and began to check him out, making sure there were no burns or wounds on his body. Luckily, there were few, and she only had to bandage few burns. All being wide but minor.

After Lily had bandaged him up, she finally had the bright idea to look around, various of the tools and machines were sparking and making noises they shouldn’t be. She fumbled with one of the locks of the storage unit, before pulling a key from the side of it, and unlocking it to reveal; several flares, 4 Nutrient bars, 4 bottles of water, A Repair tool, Which Alterra had made in 3217, which was a major success, considering it had several mechanical tools attached to the inside, allowing it to repair most things. And a Knife.

Lily sat in the seat next to the survivor, and waited, hopefully until he woke up.

Last edited:
"Oooowwwww," Xander groaned as he stirred. "Everything hurts."

Had he gone on a bender last night? He didn't think so. The last time he'd done that, he'd sworn to never drink in public again except maybe one small one with friends and nothing more. So why did he feel like he'd been smashed, sandpapered, and dipped in tar? He slowly forced his eyelids open and looked around the sparking cabin blearily. This was not his room. The escape pod? Wait...

The ship had blown up.

He had crashed.

Oh no...

Xander sat up suddenly then winced as his damaged skin protested. "Ow! Where am I?" He looked up, finally spotting the woman right next to him. "And who are you?"

Lily watched as the man slowly opened his eyes, looking as though he’d been punched in the face. She smiled to herself, eagerly trying to find some humor in the situation. If Lily couldn’t then.. Well.. She didn’t want to think about it.

She almost. Almost. Jumped out of her skin when the man instantly flew up out of his seat, causing her to jump back slightly. Lily looked at the man who seemed to be having a panic attack until his eyes finally settled on her.

“Who are you?” He had asked her.

No, ‘Who the hell are you?!’ Or ‘Why the hell am I here!?’ Quite polite for a life or death situation.

Deciding to answer his question, “I’m Lily, nice to meet ‘cha. Also, before you even ask, I know as much as you do, we are on the same pod after all, I can’t even bring myself to look outside.” Lily told him, as calmly as she could considering every so often she could feel the ship wavering as if it was on..

“Shit.” She spoke aloud, realisation dawned in her eyes.

"No thanks, I did that right before the engines blew up back on the ship," Xander said as he wobbled to his feet. He glanced at her briefly as he leaned against the wall for balance. "How are you not dead? You hit your head pretty hard. I'm surprised you don't have a concussion."

He made his way over to the window as he talked, the bright light glittering outside. Glittering? Why was it glittering? Had they landed near a bank of windows or mirrors. Then he looked out. Water, water, everywhere... literally everywhere. He craned his neck but couldn't spot land anywhere. Huh. This was going to be interesting. Good thing this pod floated.

He leaned back, pretending to be a lot calmer than he felt. "So. It appears our flying vessel is now a boat," he remarked casually.

“How are you not dead? You hit your head pretty hard. I’m surprised you don’t have a concussion.”
Her response to that was the ever wise “Mmm.” Lily murmured, “Me too.” She quickly added.

“So it appears our flying vessel is now a boat.” He said simply.

Even though she had guessed it, her fears were coming true. It’s not that she hated water, but to be in the middle of an ocean with no land for miles to go, it was understandable she was pissed. Well, not that she had anything to be be pissed at.

Lily practically shoved him out the way, as she made her way to one of the windows. She couldn’t exactly see much, so she made her way to the ladder at the centre of the room before climbing up.

The sea glittered before her, the sun shining into her eyes, Lily turned to the left and-
“Oh my god why is the moon so big?” She asked herself. Rather, it was really close, or really big, most likely the latter as the gravitational pull would most likely collide it with the planet.

She then turned to her right, seeing her now, destroyed ship floating in the water, barely afloat, Lily could clearly see a bit of it was submerged even though she was somewhere around 2000 meters away.

She took a deep breath to calm herself and she proceeded to look around with a much more analytical view.

Various different types of fish swam in the water, Ranging from orange to neon pink, which was very surprising. In the distance she could hear an extremely predatory roar, though it had to be at least a mile or two away.

Lily hoped to god they would survive this.

Glared at her. "Hey, Lulu, don't push. There's not enough room to be shoving people around!" He paused at a strange sensation underfoot and looked down. The wooden floor was chared. Ugh, who's bright idea was it to put wood in an emergency pod? And what was worse...

"Oi! Lulu! Stop fretting about the moon and look!" he snapped, pointing to the floor. "It's starting to catch fire again!"

“My names not-“ Lily paused, “Its catching for again?” Suddenly, she was already halfway down the ladder, picking up the fire extinguisher that was strewn on the floor across the room.

Lily sprayed the thick white mist-like substance at the growing flame, keeping at it for a good one or two minutes.
“Happy now?” She asked, “And my names not Lulu it’s Lily.” Lily put her hands on her hips, “And don’t ‘cha forget it!”

She went to the repair tool that she left in the storage container, “Uh, do you know how to work these things, because I sure has hell don’t.” Lily told him.

Xander watched her go, annoyed that he hadn't spotted the extinguisher, but it had been just rolling about on the floor. What was it doing down there in the first place?

When she asked about the repair tool, he held out a hand. "Here, give it here, Lippy. I'm a dab hand at this. We maintainace crew actually know how to fix stuff while you engineers just build it and leave it as if it's never going to need help."

Lily visibly seethed. “First of all, its not Lippy or Lula it’s Lily, L, I, L, Y, get it right. And second of all, we are trained to fix some of our mistakes, we’re just not as trained as you because your job literally involves fixing our mistakes.”

She paused, “Anywho, I’m going to see if there’s anything we can use nearby.” Lily spoke, before climbing up the ladder. She took a deep breath, held it, and jumped. The water filled her nose and eyes, nearly making her open her mouth in disgust. Lily ignored the feeling however, and looked at the rather beautiful surroundings.

Bright coloured coral lay in place around her, along with these purple-pink mushrooms. A few meters away, she could see a giant dip, then large stalks of kelp reaching up, nearly touching the surface of the ocean.

Fish swam all around her, One however, had a rather large eye that caught her eye, it was a white-coloured fish, with some flecks of translucent blue on it. Lily turned her attention to the other things, and she proceeded to up to the surface for air, as she could tell she was about to be unable to breath soon.

Xander poked around the ship's interior as he tried to figure out what was going on with the electrical systems. He didn't think much of the sound of the hatch opening up above. Then he heard the splash. Wait... splash? He hadn't heard what he thought he had, had he?

He dashed up the ladder and looked down. There was the woman swimming about in the water with the fish. He scowled, waiting for her to surface. As soon as she came up for air, he let loose.

"ARE YOU INSANE?! Get out of the water, you idiot! Get out now!" he yelled, reaching out for her.

Lily was suddenly hauled out of the water by the man, who clearly, apparently, did not like water. Or, just, people having fun in general? “Sorry for havin’ fun mister, I just wanted to look around.” She made a ‘go away’ motion with her hand jokingly.

Lily made her way to the computers, she suddenly had the actual bright idea to boot up her PDA, that she for some reason hadn’t done earlier.

The Alterra symbol wavered on her screen, floating around before settling on the home page. She clicked on one of the apps, and a large blue light flashed all over the room, spilling out of the windows and reflecting off of the ocean water.
“Vital sighs: Normal, self scan complete, We reccomend that you should do this daily, as radiation from The Aurora seems to be spilling from out all over the ocean, as well as a new substance we cannot identify, new info will be added soon.”

Lily murmured to herself, turning the PDA off and looking at her.. Friend? Colleague? Whatever, they would probably be stuck here a while.
“First order of business seems to be getting our radio fixed, to look for more survivors as well as trying to contact other ships. Whatever happened to the ship happened when we were near here, whether it was a coincidence or not I don’t know. I’ll look into what the readings were saying before we crashed.” Lily told him, before moving away,
“Any ideas?” She asked.

@Treasure

Last edited:
"Hey!" Xander yelled as she just left him and went back down. What was with her? She was such a tunnel-visioned idiot! He followed her down and stood fuming while she worked.

"Yeah," he snapped when she asked him for ideas, "I do. How about you STOP and LISTEN to me! You have no idea where you are and you just hopped into the water just like that? What if there's something in the water toxic to humans? But you wouldn't know that because you're too busy doing your thing! Or what if there are things that eat people in the water? My point is, if you want to die, do it where I don't have to mess with your dead body, you empty-headed idiot! And if you want me to help, how about you actually stand still and discuss?"

“Well,” Lily began sarcastically, “That might be the reason why I stopped to talk to you, just maybe.” She glared at him, “Eo, Mr, What are your ideas?” Lily asked

Of course, like usual, as she spoke to the man a million thoughts were running rampant through her head, few related to this current fonversation. ‘What’s this ‘unidentified substance’ the PDA talked about?’ ‘What was that roar earlier?’ All these thoughts were racing through Lily’s head, as well as a few random ones that had no place in her head.
@Treasure

Last edited:
"My ideas are that we don't blindly jump into water that could very well be radioactive and then die," he stated. "My ideas are we figure out what's around us. I'll try to repair the com systems first while you make sure the hull is solid and sound, then I'll work on the navigation systems and stuff like that. You know, things to keep us alive?"

(So sorry im late!)

Lily looked at Xander. "Meh, meh fine." She spoke, "And if im not infected with anything yet, probably not radioacitve. And by the looks of it, the radiation will cover around a 400 Meter radius, we seem to be about seven hundred meters away from it?" Lily pulled out her Ipad-like technology, before doing a few calculations. "437.28 meters to be precise!" She relaxed slightly, before going to check on the hull by going back into the water, the warm substance splashing against her face as she held her breath, checking the pod for signs of disrepair and any things that may of damaged it in the fall. The only thing Lily could find were some minor burns on the hull.

@Treasure

(Ive been busy with schoolwork and such recently so sorry!)

Last edited:
"Wooowwww.... thank you so much for that long and detailed conversation," Xander grumbled. "Not to mention radiation spreads, and depending on how strong the radiation is, it could be months before you realize you were exposed. And you still haven't even bothered to think about the whole things-in-water-eating-you aspect. Well, if that's the way you want it..." He climbed up the ladder and closed the outside hatch, locking it securely from the inside. Now she couldn't get in until he chose to let her in. "Ah! Now I can talk to myself in peace."

Xander shook his head at himself. He really was going crazy. He took a deep breath, let it out slowly, and turned to try to fix the electronics. He'd let Lily in when she was ready to work together, and if she never did want to work together... he'd do what he could to save himself before she killed them both.

Now Lily was a 'I'll do whatever I want' Kind of girl. She has currently changed her attention to the various fish, before spotting a kelp-like plant in the distance. Various glowing orange orbs were hanging off of it. While she was stupid, She wasnt that stupid to touch it. She felt a small fish fly by her leg, but Lily went back up to the surface for some much needed air.

She broke for air, taking alot of gasps of it, having been under the water for a minute and a half. She could see islands in the distance, especially a very large one but they seemed to be around 5 miles away and maybe Xander could, but she herself could certainly not swim that far.

Back