Stranded. (Subnautica-Based RP)

“..We’re in the middle of a purely ocean based planet mostly and we have no clue where we are. This is what I would usually describe as troublesome.” Lily rested her head in her palms, “Wake me up when we get there..” She murmured, resting her head on the metal armrest of the chair, not that she really cared that it was metal.

Xander just rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to his work. The autodrive seemed to be working alright, but he still didn't trust it. He watched the monitors and little bleeps and meeps the scanners made, watching for lifeforms.

Lily watched as Xander examines the small bleeping console, the 1.25 miles getting closer and closer, the pod bubbling on the water as it moved at around three meters per second, which was rather slow but definitely faster than she could swim, so she just enjoyed the felling of not having to bubble around in the water.

On the small radar scanner, the bigger the dot was the bigger the animal itself, various small white dots surrounded them for miles, so they were virtually safe from most aquatic animals as nothing could breach the hull.

"We should be there in a in a couple of minutes," Xander said. "Does this tub have anything that could be used as a weapon? Anything?"

“Well.. No.. They weren’t exactly built to have any weapons..” Lily spoke silently, she didn’t really know why considering they were escape pods but.. Altera do Altera I guess..

"I wasn't talking about the pod, I was talking about for us to use," Xander said dryly. "Knives, bats, something that shoots, anything like that?"

Lily paused, thinking about it for a few moments, “We should have around a knife or two in the emergency pack, along with two flares, a nutrient block and several bottles of water in case of emergency.” Lily didn’t know why she decided to neglect that simple fact. Of course, at this exact moment, the PDA has to impart it’s wisdom.

“Detecting multiple leviathan class lifeforms in the region. Are you certain whatever you're doing is worth it?”

"Wonderful, if one of those come after us, we can stick a flare into a nutrient block and toss it in, hoping it will eat that before it eats us," Xander grumbled. "Maybe it'll get a bellyache."

“I don’t know if we should keep doing this now, but the Lifepod about 30 meters underwater, Maybe their still alive?” She asked, it could be plausible the flotation device didn’t activate in time or activate at all for that matter.

Xander frowned and studied the instruments. "Okay," he murmured. "Okay... I think we can give it a try. We're almost there, anyway, so I suppose we might as well check on them. I wouldn't trust this pod to dive yet. Do you think you could reach them?"

“Most likely.” Lily told him, she knew she could go down there, avoiding the massive predators would be another problem altogether, but of course she didn’t mention that, She didn’t want Xander to have to go down there alone.

Xander nodded and took the little escape pod off auto, preferring to steer it manually as they drew closer. "And... we're here. Scanners are picking something up below us, but I can't make out what it is." He sighed and glanced at her. "Ready to go take a look?"

Lilt gave a slow and hesitant nod towards Xander, a very distant roar sounded throughout the water, which scared her, considering how water muffled noise significantly, and the pod was mostly made out of steel, so that creature was either close. Or very close. Both were bad either way.

Xander swallowed hard. "Wonderful. Survived a spaceship crash to become fish food. Best... day... ever..." Even so, he stood and walked over to the ladder and climbed up carefully.

Lily soon followed, her pale hands gripping the tall yellow ladder and climbing up after Xander had, looking into the water which had seemed to turn a murky grey color. Lily looked at the water then back to Xander, "We both going or just me..?" She asked the man cautiously.

Xander stared down into the water. "I'm beginning to think neither of us should go down... but I also think only one of us should go. I saw some rope. One of us can tie the rope to the other, and if need be, we can pull them up."

Lily nodded, wiping a brown strand of hair from her face, “That would probably be best.” She began to go to the bottom of the pod, standing on the flotation device, “Me or You?” She had asked, her blue orbs gazing at Xander.

Xander hesitated. Lily was probably the better swimmer between the pair of them, but he could not exactly tell her to hope into the water just like that, so he shrugged and said, "I'll do it. Let me grab the rope and goggles." He dropped back down into the pod, grabbed the items needed, and came back up. "Rope... Ankle or waist? Which is less likely to get in my way?"

“Waist, Your ankles you’ll need, your waist, not so much, plus it helps straighten you out.” Lily had told him, bringing the rope to his waist without waiting for a response, tying a tight knot around it, though not tight enough to physically hurt him. She offered a warm smile to consolidate him, “Good luck.”

Back