Stranded. (Subnautica-Based RP)

Xander finally got the com system up and running. He called out, but only empty static replied. He sent out an SOS anyway and made a mental note to renew his attempts at sending a distress signal every hour on the hour. Meanwhile, he focused on trying to get the navigation systems working. He was finally able to get the radar up, and with that, he slowly built up an image of their surroundings. Their map slowly built outward from there, but it was not that detailed of a map. Finally came the life support - which was surprisingly easy - and then came the power to the propellers. If he could get that to work, they could at least limp to the nearest land. That, however, was taking a good deal longer to fix.

Lily would return rather quickly, her hair dripping wet as she waited outside and ontop of the Pod, waiting around 20 minutes for her to dry down. She finally went to go down on the ladder when she looked to her left and saw a massive moon overhead, As close as to the planet as can be as it covered around a quarter of the sky in that direction. She blinked, then again. Before she went to open the latch. Which was securely locked. "Asshole." She spoke, rolling her eyes, seeing the only way out was just to wait.

Last edited:
Xander heard Lily wandering around on top of the sub and try to open the hatch, but he ignored her for now. Let her sit and stew for a bit. It might do her some good. He finished his work on the propulsion system but resisted the urge to give it a try. Now that he was done, he turned his attention to the woman up top.

The pod hatch creaked as he carefully unlocked it then pushed it open. "Have a good swim?" he asked casually, staying on the ladder and blocking her path in.

Lily stared at Xander, "Asshole." She told him, still shivering slightly from the wind. She turned to the Aurora in the distance, wishing the ship hadn't crash-landed on this hellhole of a planet. "H-Have you got any of the systems working?" Her teeth chattered slightly, making her stumble over her words. She rubbed her hands together, blowing into them before looking up at him, "And the answer to your previous question, this planet's ocean's are rather beautiful. But I'd prefer to have something warm before anything else."

Xander leaned on the edge of the doorway. "Look, I get that you're a do it yourself and just run ahead with everything kind of person, but that's not going to work. I do not trust you to lead us, I am not your yes-man, I am not your slave, and I will not jump to do your every whim. From what I've seen of your impulse control, I trust you to lead us right off a cliff into an active volcano. So! Either you treat me as your partner in our attempt to survive, or I cut my losses and abandon you on that beach over there. I'd rather risk getting myself killed than wait for you to definitely kill us. Got it?"

He didn't really want to abandon her. It was a big, cruel world no matter what planet you were on, but he couldn't take her attitude anymore.

Lily looked liked as if she had been slapped across the face. And hard to. She nodded softly, having been knocked down a notch or two. "Sorry.." She seemed to calm down, "So.. What systems have you got working?" Lily was more meeker now, before she took a deep breath and asked again, significantly louder this time as her voice was almost a whisper before now she was speaking normally. "If so we should probably look for any transmissions from the other Life Pods."

Xander nodded and backed down the ladder. "I managed to get the coms up. I sent a few SOS signals, but I don't know if anyone has picked them up yet. No one has signaled back, at least. After that, I got the life support systems fixed in case we need to shelter in the pod from something." He sat down in his chair and stretched out his legs. "Finally, I got most of the guidance systems up. It's not much, but we should be able to limp over to dry land. The radar is kind of working." He gave the bottom of the console a tiny kick. "I haven't been able to work out the bugs there. It might be from the fire earlier. What have you figured out?"

Lily paused, her breath hitched slightly, she opened her mouth to speak, straightening her back up as She did so, “Well, This planet May support leviathan-class predators, like 20+ meters long or tall.” She told him, twiddling her thumbs before speaking up again, “I’m going to tune the radio to see if we can get any transmissions from the lifepods,” Really, she just wanted to get out of the situation she was currently in, as she was feeling rather awkward while facing against Xanders gaze.

"Good plan," Xander agreed, wiggling his leg slightly just because it felt nice to move it. "A leviathan class size, huh?" He frowned and glanced around the pod. "And lucky us, the only things we have that could qualify as weapons are a couple of flare guns and a crowbar. Maybe a screwdriver for close combat, but I don't see that working out well. I wonder if it's a meat eater or a plant eater?"

“I’ve only met one Leviathan-class plant water but maybe your right.” Lily climbed up, “I know you don’t like it but it would be beneficial to explore the planet so we know where everything is, the dangerous parts, the safe parts, best place to hunt for food, where the ecosystems are where the Leviathan-Class predators live.” She doubted he would say yes, but she needed to try None the less, besides, the planet was absolutely stunning and the Aurora was miles away from this place.

Xander shrugged. "Hey, I never said don't explore, I said act a little more sensibly while you do it. We definitely need to do some exploring, just cautiously. I figure our current best bet is probably to try to reach a beach. Right now, we're like a bobber on a fishing line, so I'm hoping the shore will be safer. If not, it'll be easy enough to push back out into the water. Thoughts?"

Lily nodded, agreeing with his words. “That would be optimal. And that’s the best outcome, your plan hinges on us not being attacked by anything when we try and get across the water.” She saw for herself this planet was infested with Fauna, and with Fauna come predators, and as they say, There’s always a bigger fish in the sea. “And I opt to stay away from the Aurora, unless we have a Radiation suit in stock which I highly doubt we do considering our current predicament.”

"Agreed," Xander nodded. He turned to the console and started poking pushing buttons. "Okay... Looks like we are all set to go... except something is jamming the propeller. We can't go anywhere without a propellor, so..." He looked at her and smirked. "Want to take another swim?"

“Sure!” Lily went to the thick metal ladder that was yellow in color, her soft pale hands gripping the metal as she climbed up, eventually reaching the hatch, to which she grabbed the latch and pushed it open, a rush of hair hitting her face. “I’ll check it now!” Lily called out from above, jumping into the freezing cold water. As she landed, she blinked to get used to the sudden water all around her, and went to the propeller, which had a thick rusted piece of torn of metal in it. Most likely from the Aurora’s crash landing.

Now that the brown-haired girl thought about it, what even caused the Auroras crash? She didn’t know. And she wasn’t even sure she wanted to know. She climbed back up the pod VIA one of the yellow ladders on the side, having taken the piece of metal out with little difficulty, before climbing back down, her hair dripping wet.

“Just a piece of steel, nothing special.” She told Xander, sitting down on one of the chairs as he played with the controls, atleast that’s what it looked like to her but then again she wasn’t a pro at driving escape pods. The Radio suddenly kicked up, a red light flashing on it as it began to speak.

Receiving pre-recorded distress call. Playing back...
This is Lifepod 3, uploading our co-ordinates. We're plugging some holes in our emergency Seaglide, so if we're late for the rendezvous, don't panic.
Also, don't go home without us. Seriously. 3 out."

Lily looked at Xander, before opening her small mouth to speak, “Should we..?”

Xander frowned at the radio then shrugged. "I guess so. I can't think of how it would be a trap, so... yes, I guess we have a duty to go help our fellow crash survivors. That was an oddly informal message, though. We should proceed with caution." He turned and triggered the engines. The pod jerked a little then settled into smooth but slow sailing as it bobbed through the water.

Lily shrugged, she couldn’t really care less if it was informal. She opened the coordinates and put it into the controls so Xander could see, along with the Pod not having to be manned 24/7 it could be moving without manual input. Lily dried her hair off, before moving on towards a seat, taking it gladly as she was rather tired, the first day hadn’t even passed yet and the Aurora has what she thought to be was malfunctions. “Troublesome..” Lily murmured softly..

Xander glanced at her as he kept an eye on the controls. He did not trust the auto drive in this thing after the crash landing. "What's troublesome?"

Back