Strange Chicago (Reboot)

Kenico

Swordfreak and Master of the Pen
North_Avenue_Beach_View_of_the_Chicago_Skyline_sm_tnyfwf.jpg

Ah Chicago...The Windy City...At night she's as beautiful as she is strange...well strange for the most normal of people. For people like us? We just call it home...

Modern-Two-Bedroom-Apartment-with-Balcony.jpg

The man known as Louis sat on the couch, reading a leatherbound book with scrollwork. He would occasionally look up at the door and at his phone before returning to reading the book. Tonight he was kicking back after almost a day of grading papers, teaching, and listening to some bright eyed big idea-ed kid say something he had already heard or even spoke in his youth...and then had to shoot that kid down...metaphorically speaking. Louis checked the phone again, this time at the watch telling him the well...time...

Dammit, he growled a bit, looking up at the door as the Television played some program with the volume turned off, Where the hell are they? He's late...and so is Gil! He snarled further as he stood up and went to the kitchen. Gil may be late...the Pizza Guy may be late...but Tea wasn't! He entered the kitchen and pulled some decent tea he was able to find at the grocers and sat up the needed items to brew tea and sat down at the kitchen table. He reopened his book and began to read while waiting for the water to boil...

proxy.php

SADNESS NEEDS COMPANY

The albino was walking down the streets, it was a breezy evening in Chicago and as he waited for the light to turn green so he could cross to the next sidewalk, he brought his scarf closer to his mouth to try to prevent his nose from feeling so cold. His pale cheeks were slightly rosy from the wind and he was holding tightly with his ungloved left hand to his messenger bag's strap. He groaned softly in annoyance and checked the watch on his right wrist, the watch was the same he had since college, Gilbert wasn't one to care about what's trendy and new. He cared about things working properly and what wasn't working at the moment was the fact that he was late. He had been having a roommate for a month now, it was Louis, his friend since High School who recently had got divorced.

In the last couple weeks Gilbert had been trying to take his friend's sad and sorry ass from the couch but Louis kept giving excuses. Things of the sort of: the papers weren't finished yet or that he hasn't managed to bring all his good outfits with him or it's too soon to go out and get back on flirting. Gilbert was tired of all those excuses, it had been a month since his friend moved into the albino's apartment and he was convinced of taking Louis out on the next night, after all it was going to be a Friday night and Louis won't be able to use the excuse that he will have classes on the next day. His train of thoughts were cut by the green light popping up and so Gilbert quickly crossed the street and continued walking down the block to get back to his apartment that now wasn't so far away.

Once he got inside the lobby of the building, the albino fished the keys from his front left pocket and went to check if they had mail. He unlocked the mail box and took the contents out of it. There was a newsletter from the college Louis taught at, a magazine about finances, some bills and... a supernatural magazine focused on werewolves. He picked the supernatural magazine and something fell from the insides of it. It was a flyer. He crouched down and picked the dark purple flyer in his hands "Hm... Secret Moon?" he mumbled to himself as his eyes scanned through the flyer that read:

SECRET MOON
Pub|Entertainment| Supernatural Hangout| Night Club

Come enjoy an unforgettable night in the most secret and unique place in Chicago.
All supernatural welcome!

*This flyer gives 15 percent of discount on any first ordered alcoholic beverage.

"Now that's what Louis is in need of!" he chuckled to himself and closed the mail box, locking it and carrying the mail with him as he headed to the elevator. He pressed the button and waited for it to arrive. Once he rode the elevator and arrived on the floor he lived, he walked to his front door and unlocked it. Gilbert smirked and let out loudly "I'm ho-ome!" he chuckled and settled his messenger bag inside the cupboard in the entrance of the apartment, he then walked into the living room and saw the TV turned on but no Louis. He then looked to the kitchen direction and walked closer, settling the newsletter from the college near Louis as he spoke "So, how was your day? Aching for the weekend to arrive?" he asked, the excitement to bring up the night club barely being able to be hidden.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Louis sat for a moment before turning to see Gilbert finally arriving home and putting his things away. He turned back to his book, reading while the whistling of the hot water permeated through the apartment before Lou stood up to turn off the heat. Sighing as Gilbert asked him how his day was, Louis arranged his mug with all the trappings needed to make some herbal tea...sweetener included of course.

"Not much" responded Louis, "Finished grading papers a few hours ago...decided to order some pizza for tonight and kick back" he stated, his face revealing a hint of stress, "Bethany dropped by when you went out." he said, a hint of venom in his throat as he poured the hot water into the mug. He suddenly reached into his pocket, pulling a small vial containing a dull translucent green elixir from with. He gave a sigh before letting a small drop fall into the brew, causing a small flash and poof of smoke to emanate from the tea and let it, the tea and the sweetener mix and blend...

proxy.php

TROUBLESOME

He nodded as he was informed that the day seemed to had been the same old thing. Gilbert sat down across from where Louis was sitting and was very excited to start explaining about the plans he had came up for the next day but then Louis let out the one name he hated to use. "Oh! That couldn't be good. What does she wanted?" he raised an eyebrow as he wondered what Louis ex came to do in the apartment. He sniffed around when his friend poured the strange liquid into the tea "What the hell are you drinking?" he tried to sniff around some more but ended sneezing and having his nose get all itchy.

proxy.php

"Belavras, the resident Potioneer?" he said looking over at Gilbert as he slid the elixir into his pocket, "He prescribed something to keep my stress levels down. He and Doctor Hartman both think I have developed and ulcer. A "parting gift" from Bethany if you ask me" he said with a smirk as he took a sip of the Tea. Thankfully the smell was the only potions problem, mixed with something like tea it went down easy. Louis learned last night that the liquid on its own tasted...awful. He let a soft gulp be heard before coming back to the table and sitting down with Gil, "Speaking of which, the ex dropped by for me to sign some more papers. I'm letting her have everything but my bank account, my car, and my Tenure. The house, the other car, everything She suggested buying belongs to her" he said, a face bitterer than the elixir spread across his face.

Louis looked up at the ceiling, leaning back and letting out a heavy sigh, "I'm almost there...I just...I just need some time to get my shit together." he let out a heavy groan and rubbed his face, "I just need to get through this freaking nightmare!" he groaned as he looked over at Gil, "You can stop smirking and thinking 'i told you so' man." he scoffed annoyingly.

proxy.php

PARTY PLEASE?

He nodded in acknowledgement when he explained about the elixir he's drinking and made no other comment on the matter, since it seemed very plausible for a man that was divorcing to get ulcers. After that, he remained quiet as Louis explained why Bethany dropped by for a visit, of course more papers and more getting whatever she wanted. The albino sighed and passed a hand through his hair "Man, you know it's not right that she keeps everything. You're the one that bought all those stuff..." he pointed out and snickered a bit when Louis pointed out Gilbert had an 'I told you so' sort of expression. "I should!" he said as he pointed with an index finger at his friend and then took in a deep breath "But I won't. Life's already doing that for me. Anyways, I knew she was scum since college. I told you that you should only have some fun with her and then let her go but when you fall you fall hard man, you completely lose any sort of... brain cells!" he rolled his eyes and took his scarf off, settling it on the dining table before him. "Anyways, you're almost free from her. Because of that-" he eagerly picked up the flyer and showed it to his friend "I was thinking we should go out to celebrate that new portion of your life. Also, you've been living with me for a whole month and didn't let me do the role of a best friend and help you hook up with some random woman so you could forget the bitch you was married to." he bit his lower lip and knowing very well that his friend wouldn't accept so easily, he added "Also, I haven't went out since you moved in. You owe me that! You're... destroying with my single man's life. You know, you got married once, I'm still looking for a woman that won't be annoyed on having a husband and a dog all in one."

proxy.php

Louis grinned at Gils retort on him letting Beth have everything but a few things, "Don't want em, or need em...Whatever she had her claws in she can keep it. My Tenure, My Dad's GTO, and a Spellbook I've spent my entire life filling is all that i need. Everything else i can easily rebuy or recover" he said as he sipped on his tea, looking at the flyer for a moment. A pause fell upon Louis as he heard Gilbert's argument and nodded before he looked back to the man, "What now? Tonight?!" he asked a little nervous, Dammit and i ordered pizza too...

proxy.php

AWKWARDNESS

The albino shrugged slightly at his friend's comment and pointed out "Whatever makes you feel better about the whole divorce situation thing." he leaned over the table, his arms resting on it as his red eyes were sparkling in joy with the fact that Louis hasn't completely turned down the night club idea. "No, no. Not tonight. Tomorrow night, that way you won't need to worry that you have classes on the next day. We can enjoy our night out as much as we want. Drink some, maybe you even get some tail, hu?" he wiggled his eyebrows a bit and then chuckled "Anyways, what do you want to have for dinner tonight? Or are you going to have tea as your meal?" he got on his feet and took his thick wool coat off and hang it on the back of his chair before stretching his arms "Had a though day at work, a newly wed couple asking for financial advice and when they brought in the info of their finances... the guy was hiding a bank account from his husband. It was a whole mess. Seems they're getting divorced... a shame... but the husband said that will keep consulting with us and thanked us for opening his eyes about his partner." he paused for a while "Very awkward and confusing situation. The secretary almost had to call the police. A vase on the waiting room got broke... passed inches away from the lying guy's head." he mentioned and then walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of beer "Anyways... I'm tired."

proxy.php

"Ordered Pizza" stated Louis as he sipped up the last of his tea before cleaning it in the sink, "Hand me one of those before the P-"

DING-DONG!

Louis sighed as he turned and grabbed his wallet from the stool in the living room. After opening the door and chit-chatting with the delivery guy he came back with two pizza boxes and sat them down on the table. He gave a sigh as he picked up his book and looked at GIl, "I'll just put these up, help yourself" he said as he disappeared once more, his foot steps indicating he was heading to the second bedroom you see when you pass the first room one the hallway. He sat the book and the wallet down, looking at a picture of him and Bethany. They were four years younger...four years happier...on a beach in Mexico. He shook his head and rolled his eyes before closing his wallet and setting it in a drawer next to the bed. He turned, hearing what he assumed to be the werewolf he had for a room mate...and dear friend...munching down on some of the pizza. He gave a gentle chuckle before returning to the living room...

Last edited:

proxy.php

PIZZA TIME

Gilbert took a swig of his beer and then licked his lips when the bottle parted them "Pizza, hu? Are you trying to make me fat? We have been having too much take out. I gotta start cooking again." he sighed but soon the doorbell rang, signalizing that the pizza had finally arrived. "Great! I'm starving." he pointed out as he watched his friend head to the front door. Once Louis settled the pizzas on the dining table, Gilbert picked them up and settled them on the coffee table and turned the TV on. He plopped himself down on the couch as his friend informed him he would be right back "Take your time, man. But be careful, if it take too long I'm gonna eat all that pizza by myself." he informed the wizard and then opened one of the boxes "Yay! You ordered my favorite." he said as he picked up a slice of the pizza that had blue cheese and prosciutto. The albino then started promptly munching on it in between taking sips of his beer.

proxy.php

Louis chuckled as he came into the living room, plopping himself next to Gil and grabbing a slice from the box Gil opened. He looked and groaned with annoyance as he realized Gil only got one beer. He stood up, a slice of blue cheese and prosciutto between his teeth while he concentrated on summoning a beer from the fridge. As by invisible hands, the fridge opened on its own, a bottle of beer's top popping off and the sound of its fizz floated towards Louis who caught it in his hands while he munched on the slice and took a couple of sips down.

"So aside from the lovers squab, anything more interesting happened?" he asked as he watched some nonsensical program run while attempting to listen to Gil's stories...if he had any..

proxy.php

SLICE OF LIFE

He shrugged and licked his fingers clean from any remaining cheese before grabbing a second slice of pizza "Not really." he informed his friend and then continued "Just the same old routine. Some of the usual customers, some new people trying to understand how to deal with finances and some small business that had been growing seeking for advice." he drank some more of his beer and continued chewing on the slice of pizza "What about you? How was your day Professor?" he slightly teased his friend, Gilbert always found it funny that both of them ended having so tranquil and office-y jobs since they were quite a wild due when they were teens. "Remember that we tried to start a band in high school? Man, you sucked at playing the drums. It sounded like you were smaking on pots and pans." he chuckled and finished eating his second slice.

proxy.php

Louis chuckled, "My Bass was pretty good but Bernie insisted he play them though he sounded like he was scratching a blackboard" he said as he gulped a swig down, "As for class not much. I mean the usual shtick? Students in Lit going 'Come on Professor! I just need an extension on this paper i promise i'll get it in this Friday!'" spat Louis as he tried to quote his student, "Yeah you said that a month ago!" he said as he wolfed down a slice of pizza, chasing it with some beer before looking at Gil, "Seriously! why can't they be more like my General Magic Class?! Gets their papers in on time? Done! Does the potions dissertation when told? Done! Alchemical 101? Out-Fucking-Standing!" he exacerbated as he fell into the couch, "Seriously Gil how do you deal with a college student who needs a loan? I deal with them who can't tell a rhubarb from their asshole!"

proxy.php

DAILY DUTTIES

The albino rolled his eyes at his friend's stories. He looked at Louis and smirked before letting out the words "I don't deal with students wanting loans. I do the opposite of that! Seriously, you still don't understand what I work with, don't you?" he let out a chuckle and finished his beer "You see, what I do, is help people break the system. I make them do not need loans or any sort of thing like that. I make them realise that the money they have is enough for what they need to do. I probably do more magic than you do." he pointed out as he got on his feet to throw the empty bottle of beer away and grab a new one. He took a swig of the new bottle and started walking back to the couch "And as for your students asking to delay dates. C'mon, you were in college. You know how it is." he chuckled some more and then plopped himself down on the couch "So, what's the flavor of the second pizza?"

proxy.php

"I haven't the faintest of clues" responded Louis as he opened it, "It said 'Mushrooms and Clams' or something..." When they opened the box they found exactly what the menu said: Mushrooms with clams in a redsauce covered in cheese. Louis eyeballed the pie before looking at Gil, "Wanted to spice something up other than deepdish" he said sheepishly. He took a slice, swigging down a beer before sniffing it, "It...it smells ok." he said as he took a bite. He chewed for a bit before proceeding to consume the rest of it, "Not half bad" he said as he chased it with a beer, "So um...As for the College bit Gil. Did you ever recall me missing a deadline for the fourth time in a row?" he asked with a toothy grin, "But...I-I get your point."

proxy.php

DON'T YOU DARE

The sound of the clock on the wall seemed absolute torture for the albino. He huffed in annoyance and passed a hand through his hair. He was already dressed in a dark pair of jeans that gave him a more formal look, he put on his black social shoes and a burgundy red dressing shirt that he only worried about buttoning up to the half which allowed his chest area to be more exposed. He was all ready to go and smelling good in a fancy cologne he had received as a gift at the office's Secret Santa from the last year. "Man, where is he? Is he trying to bail on me?" he fished his phone from his pocket and quickly unlocked it before pressing Louis' name on his contact list. The phone kept ringing for a while, which actually seemed like forever to Gilbert, but it eventually was answered "Dude! Where are you?"

proxy.php

Louis was beginning to make his way home, the Lawyers took longer than usual. He was in there from two hours after he let out class to an hour ago, letting the lawyers representing him and his Ex complain about the details. Like he said before, all he wanted was his Tenure and bank accounts left alone, his Fathers Car, and whatever belongings he had on him. Yeah he paid for the house, her car, and so on. But honestly? He would have sold them off eventually. To his surprise she agreed to selling the house and splitting the proceeds. Guess she had the same idea? Just get rid of everything that they had together and call it a life? He didn't have time to dwell on it when his phone rang. He let out a groan of irritation as he realized it was Gilbert. He rolled his eyes, hit the answer button and heard the howls of "Dude where are you?" flow over him.

"Sorry GIl" he said with a rather tired voice, "The Lawyers were giving me hell. Good news is Its almost over...God I could use a Dri-" Louis stopped short and looked at his watch, "Gil...what day is it?!" he asked as he gathered enough strength, almost tempted to find a quiet spot and teleport home..

proxy.php

C**CKBLOCKER

"It's Friday, you freaking asshole! I've been waiting for you for more than an hour. I got out of work a bit earlier for you. Are you heading home?" he sighed in annoyance. He knew that his friend was having hell with the divorce but forgetting the plans they had made seemed quite harsh "Have you forgot about the night club? We talked about that last night, how can you forget something overnight, Louis? Did your ex took your brains in the divorce?" he hasn't been out since Louis moved in and for a single man, that meant no chance of trying to get in a relationship. It was already hard enough being an albino and a werewolf, he didn't had to become some sort of hermit because of his forgetful friend.

proxy.php

Louis groaned, realizing that walking or even running wasn't going to do it. He looked around and sighed, "Give me five minutes. And um...Clear a spot in the living room" he warned as he hung up, shaking his head as he darted into an alley way. With a heavy grunt and the rolling of his shoulders to loosen himself up he yanked a bit of chalk from his coat pocket. He took his time, wanting this to work fast while working right. After drawing the needed circle and symbols he began to mutter the incantation that would in effect, open a temporary portal into the living room of the apartment. As he began to feel the energy of the Aether flow through him, the portal began to open, glowing a soft magenta before taking the image that he wanted in his mind. If Gilbert did as he instructed he would be seeing somewhere in he apartment's living room develop a magenta circle big enough for a man to walk through before seeing Louis step through like he was coming through a door. Louis touched his foot into the living room, puling the other out in an awkward way before the portal closed behind Louis. He shook off the experience, looking at Gilbert and nodded.

"I am so sorry Gil!" he said as he began rushing to his room, tossing the bag on the bed before grabbing some clothes from the closet, "Freaking Lawyers man! They kept me there for hours droning over every little detail that i couldn't give two piles of wolf shit for!" he caught himself and looked at Gil, "um...no offense" he said sheepishly as he rushed into the bathroom. To his relief the water was still hot and it was actually enjoyable to clean off that Lawyer smell. He took the opportunity to use some of that manly smelling soap he bought, lathering himself up to the point it was caked in the stuff before letting the hot water wash it away and leave him with a heavy fragrance covering his skin. He jumped out of the shower, doing several grooming chores before he threw the suit on. When he came out, smelling 7 ways to Sunday heavy in cologne, soaps and God knows what else, he was fiddling with his tie.

"Just give me a minute!" he said noticing Gil's annoyance, "Just trying to get this bloody tie on!"

Last edited:

proxy.php

LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED

Gilbert put his phone back on his pocket once Louis hang up and then sat down to wait his friend materialize himself in the living room, he had his arms crossed over his chest as he was sitting on the couch. He never really understood why Louis doesn't teleport as often, if he could get away of it, Gilbert would transport himself around town in his wolf form. Once the male showed up in the apartment, Gilbert got on his feet and dismissed him with a hand, cutting his apologies short "That's fine, you're here now. So, go get freshened up so we can have a fun night." he watched as hi friend left to get changed and asked "So, how was the lawyer thing? Did she took everything from you?" the albino walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge, he grabbed a bottle of Gatorade and took a couple of sips from the blue beverage. He then closed it with the orange lid once again and settled it back on the fridge as he continued to listen to Louis explain about his day.

It actually was quite quick that the friend showed up in the living room, Gilbert raised an eyebrow as he saw Louis trying to put on a tie. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and asked "What the hell are you wearing?" he groaned and took the tie off of his friend's hand and threw it at the couch "We're going to a night club not a job interview, you don't need that. Now-" he made a pause and felt around his pockets to see if he had grabbed everything he needed before leaving "-are you ready to go?"

proxy.php

Back