Strange Chicago (Reboot)

Louis watched as Gilbert threw his tie to the couch. He chuckled as he checked himself, turning around and grabbing somethings including his wallet and phone before rejoining Gilbert in the living room. "As ready as I'll every be" he paused for a moment before following Gilbert out the door...

DSC_7231_dancer.jpg

The Secret Moon was not exactly a secret...if you were of the Supernatural Persuasion. The place was alive with modern music and peeps dancing like madness. Elves, Goblins, Dwarves...you name it it was there, though more in Armani suits than in Dwarven mail. The supernatural community had come a long way from its hidden roots. Things change, at least that's what assured Louis as he stepped through the doors, Gilbert on his left side as he looked around the place. He felt his heart reaching up into his throat. Louis was nervous. The paperwork was barley dry and he was already in what basically was a glorified stripclub to get over losing his Ex. Then again this was rather exciting for the Wizard. He gave a sharp gasp before looking over at Gil, "So what's first? The Whiskey or the Witches?" he asked with a developing grin.

proxy.php

SECRET MOON

The lights and music where beaming through the room, he looked around, using his nose to smell what were the people at the club tonight. He usually used that to do a scanning process and reduce the chances of being turned out by races that doesn't really feel comfortable around werewolves. "Well, do you really want to meet some witches or... would you like to try something a bit more wild?" a smirk got plastered on his face as he looked back at his friend "I smell a couple of werewolf girls at nine o'clock. So, if you're up for something a bit more wild... we could work together." he then started pushing Louis to the bar "But first! Let's get you a couple of drinks to loosen you up... I don't think any of the girls here would enjoy hearing about you grading literature papers." he then leaned on the bar counter and called the attention of the vampire guy that was the bartender "Hey! I'll have a beer and a glass of whiskey on the rocks." he then slid the flyer he had on him so he could get a discount on a beverage. Gilbert paid for the drinks and handed the whiskey to Louis before the took a sip of his bottle beer. "So, what exactly are you looking for tonight? Just chit chat or you wanna hook up with someone?"

proxy.php

Louis pushed himself up to the bar, about to pull some cash out when Gilbert handed the keep some of his own coin and a flyer. What he got back was a whiskey that smelled strong as hell. When he took a sip he shook his head, finding the flavor as strong as the stench. He grinned at Gilbert's grin as he suggested something wild for the night, "I'd go for wild, Hell i'd go for anything at this point! If only to get Bethany out of my head!" Louis said as he turned his back to look out onto the dance floor, eyeing the women of the club dancing and moving in suggestive ways. He gave a bit of a snort before looking over at Gil, "To answer your question from earlier" he suddenly said, "Things are coming to a head. I'm almost about to see daylight on this whole shit show!" he said as he took a sip of his whiskey, "Don't care if its a witch, a she-wolf, hell it could be a dwarf for all I care! All I want is a crazy night to forget and not have you saying I told you so all damn night!" he said with a laugh...

proxy.php

DANGEROUS ENTERTAINMENT

The albino nodded at his friend's reply and he casually took a couple more sips from his beer, he looked around, trying to find someone that they could chat to when the lights lit on the stage and a voice came through the speakers of the club "Ladies, Gentlemen and all Supernaturals, welcome the most awaited entertainment of the night. The one and only, Iara." and with that the lights dimmed a bit and a very sensual song started to play as a woman with raven hair and hypnotic amber eyes walked in the stage, she had a copper skin and moved sensually on the stage while she was dressed in what appeared to be some sort of fancy bikini and a silk cloth wrapped around her waist that was a makeshift skirt. She rolled her belly while undoing the tie on the 'skirt' and then started to softly hum as she started to sing. Gilbert scrunched his nose since for his canine-like ears the sound was quite unpleasant and then mentioned "That's a very high pitch tone. Usually music doesn't bother me like that..." he thought that she either must sound like a very good singer or a very bad one to anyone who doesn't has a sensitive hearing like his. He turned to look to his friend to urge a reply since Louis became suddenly silent since the performance began, and soon the albino had two answer answered at the same time. Louis didn't replied because he was staring at the woman and that dumb look on his friend's face told Gilbert that more than likely the woman sang very well, despite it being annoyingly high pitched for the albino werewolf. "Dude, come on, say something! It's like you're hypnotized by that girl. She can't be that good of a singer..." he pointed out and rolled his eyes and scoffed softly before taking a long gulp of his beer.

proxy.php

Louis was about to say something when the announcer called for all their attention. Before Louis could say a thing, the sirens song hit his hears and all became deaf to him save for the girls voice...and her beauty. He just sat there, mesmerized before he felt the soft pat of Gilber slapping him across the shoulder. For a brief moment Louis' composure was regained, causing the man to shake his head and snap out of the trance. When he heard Gil's comment that she couldn't be that good Louis let out a laugh and grabbed his own drink and sipped it, trying hard to ignore the songstress...but it was a chore to do so.

"She's not that bad...for a siren" he chuckled, looking at Gilbert, "That's probably why your hearing's hurting: Merfolk singing can be a bit high pitched for someones hearing as keen as yours friend!" he said as he turned back, this time trying to maintain focus while listening to her song. He watched as her body moved gracefully and sensually across the stage, her copper skin blazoned in the spotlight while her amber eyes and dark hair almost swam. She was gorgeous.

"Iara..." he spoke for a moment before turning to Gilbert, "Does that name sound familiar to you or is it just me?" he asked, his curiosity of both the beauty and her name flowing through his mind.

@BlabbingGirl

proxy.php

SUAVE SEDUCTION

His red orbs focused once again on the woman at the stage. A siren. That made sense, usually sirens are painfully beautiful but their voice is said to be dangerous. It doesn't affected him because sounds worked different for werewolves, so he wasn't being able to hear the 'beauty' that everyone was hearing, for him it was like a radio when it's out of channel. But he heard the legends about that type, they were said to charm men only to bring them to their death, like a black widow of sorts. He scoffed once again and shook his head, thinking that she was actually more dangerous than pretty; well, of course she was attractive with her hourglass frame and the way she swayed her hips across the stage. It was all very sexy and enticing but Gilbert thought that none of that was worth the trouble.

He looked at his friend, that once again seemed to be in some sort of trance as he stared at the siren on stage. "Uh... no. I don't think I've ever heard a name like that before, pretty unusual actually." he informed Louis before finishing his beer and turning around to order another one, but the vampire guy behind the counter had his eyes focused on stage and had his mouth hanging open. He sighed loudly and rolled his eyes. "Seriously! I don't get it, for me she sounds weird, not even that good to hear her singing. It sounds like a broken record to me or something like that."

proxy.php

Louis couldn't help but chuckle at Gil's retorts. He finished his beer and ordered for another one, looking back towards the Iara woman and letting out a soft sigh as he leaned his head back and looked up towards the ceiling, "I don't know about you but" Louis stated before drifting off in thought, letting the music sway him a bit more into a trance, "...I feel a little more at ease with this song" he finished as he was handed the drink, "Honestly with all this singing I'm feeling a hell of a lot better about the divorce" he said with a soft smile on his face.

Louis raised a glass to Gilbert just as the song came to an end, "To New Beginnings Gil!" Louis said as they clanged glasses and he downed his whiskey...

proxy.php

WORRISOME ENCHANTMENT

Gilbert sighed as his friend continued to stare at the woman on the stage and turned to order another beer from the vampire bartender than now seemed to be a bit back to his normal self. He took a sip from his drink and listened as his friend went on and on about feeling better and like a new man, the albino rolled his ruby orbs once since he thought that Louis was actually just lost in the siren's song but nonetheless, he was feeling happy for his friend since that might make him move on from the sad mess that he had been since the whole divorce started. "Good for you, man!" the albino stated and clinked his bottle beer against his friend's whiskey glass as Louis made a toast for new beginnings.

The song finally came to an end and the beautiful woman at the stage bowed softly before throwing the silky cloth that she had worn around her waist to the crowd, the piece of fabric floated high in the air and slowly approached the area that Gilbert and Louis were standing.

proxy.php

Louis clanked his glass with Gilberts, taking the whiskey down the hatch and letting out a laugh as he asked the bartender for another. The Fabric Floated towards them, with Louis, in a playful way, twisting his hand in a way that caused the fabric to glide towards him. In the cacophony of the new music now filling the air as the siren vacated the stage, all eyes were on her and oblivious to the bit of magic that allowed the soft fabric to effortlessly to slide right into the palm of Lou's hand. He turned to look at the one called Iara, giving her a bit of a wink before setting the fabric down in a vacant stool next to him and GIlbert while he glanced back at the bartender.

"Something softer than whiskey to clear my head..." stated Louis, admitting he was already a bit buzzed. He received a soft drink, taking it down to clear even the tiniest fraction of Louis' head as he turned to Gilbert, "So how was work today?" he asked, a hint of embarrassment fell over his face, "I forgot to ask man, Anything new happened today?"

Last edited:
Back