Kin no Keifu

Genealogy of Gold
There's a city in the distance, a dark sprawling thing with buildings that reach for the sky like it's bubble wrap begging to be popped. Demons scour the minds of the humans not smart enough to leave, whether by an impromptu road trip or the sweet release of death.

There's a legend amongst the demons, of seven humans meant to take control of the seven deadliest demons and wield them to rid the world of evil and start it over. Of course, they don't want that, and they search their lands for them, trying to destroy them before they can be destroyed one city at a time.

There's a road in a lonely street, and you wake up in it, not so alone and stuck with people you don't even know.

Start.

A man, who appeared to be 19, slowly sat up. His long, black hair spread out in an einsteinian matter. His sharp, blue eyes scoured the area around him. He was lost. In an alleyway, hidden from site. His left ankle was sprained, causing the man to experience some pain as he stood up. With a grimace, the six foot tall man leaned against the wall of a building.

Who am I? Where am I? These questions, with many others, swirled around the man's head. He began to walk down the alleyway. At the end was a ladder leading up onto an old loft. The black-haired man climbed up the rickety construction, grimacing with pain at every step. After about fifteen minutes, he made it to the top.

But what greeted him was a sight, that for some reason, he knew should terrify him. Only, the giant demon standing in front of him didn't scare the living shit out of Sin. In fact, he felt a familiarity with the beast, at least, that was until it tried to attack him. A great paw, from a great lizard, slammed down in front of Sin, causing him to fall back. The onslaught continued, never letting up. The only option left,

Sin jumped. He leaped from the balcony, knowing that his only chance of survival was to jump. With a sickening crack, Sin cracked his left shin on contact with the pavement below. Quickly, the man fainted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A purr rumbled from the shadows around the boy. A raven, giant as the sky, formed around him, covering him with its wings. "Do not fret, child. Muninn, is here, as I have always been, at your side.

Last edited:
This wasn't her bed. It was definitely not her bed.

Bonne stayed silent, keeping her breathing as steady as she could to check if anything or anyone was moving around nearby. When nothing sounded, she opened her eyes, taking a quick look at her surroundings.

She was on a path empty of anyone that led to a building framed by the makings of a city, both way more dilapidated than they should be. And she could barely see the outline of a demon at the building's side, huge wings drawn over something she couldn't make out. It was facing away from her, which was definitely not a good life choice in general.

Something burned inside her- rage, a wish to kill- and she slipped a silver knife from its place in her sleeve, rushing straight at the creature and stabbing it in the wing.

The demon screeched, the wing she'd stabbed flailing backwards and managing to embed the knife even further in. Bonne blocked the wing from hitting her too hard, skidding backwards in an attempt to dodge it.

The bird-like thing she fought faded into a smoke-like form, the knife clattering down onto the ground. It shot right into the head of an unconscious boy the thing had been surrounding, probably hiding until it could heal the wound.

Bonne dusted herself off, ignoring the painful bruise that had formed on her arm in the fight. She crouched down beside the black-haired boy, checking first for any injuries on him and second if he was still breathing.

Something was broken on his left leg. She honestly didn't understand how that was it. He jumped off a fucking building.

Screw it. Bonne managed to lift him up in something she remembered being called a bridal carry, trying not to aggravate his leg. Whoever he was, she couldn't just leave him alone with a giant fucking bird demon in his head. She'd have to get it out somehow and killing him didn't seem very effective in that matter.

There's a pentagram drawn around the boy's body and a salt circle around that. About every iron thing Bonne can find is pointed at him. She herself has her knife, and is currently using it to carve a smaller inverse pentagram beside his head. Dear God, what is she doing.

The side of Barbus's face was caked with blood, he stood at the edge of the town watching two figure's from afar. A boy who foolishly fell and the girl who is trying to save him.
A smile spread across his face and he laughs. "Well what do we have here? Perhaps...."
Lost in though he stands unmoving for a while longer then the wind picks up, almost knock him of his feet, and sending a shiver done his spine. He can feel something watching him, a set of eyes that seem to peer through him.
He heads to town unsure if those figures are to be friend or foe. "Well she did save that other boy he appeared to be about my age maybe older. I guess i'll just keep an eye on them for now" blood trickles done his arm causing him to stop and inspect the wound he didn't know he had, "what happened to me?" the gash on his arm is fairly deep, but nothing he should have to worry about.
Durza hears something and grabs instinctively to the leather bound handle of his knife. Sitting there he waits, but nothing comes for him "I guess I wasted enough time here, time to get moving Barbus"
He Enters town and begins the search for the mystery boy and girl.

Bonne decided to use a small house near the building where the unknown boy fell. It was close enough to the edge of the city- Pandemonium- that she could escape should he turn out to be a demon possessing some empty body. That wasn't exactly normal, but she could work with it. It would be easier to trap him in the pentagram, too.

Perched carefully enough that she didn't disturb the salt circle around the boy, she wrapped his leg tight enough that it wouldn't move too much. Finally satisfied with it, she stepped out of the pentagram carved onto the wooden floor, turning on the computer. How to deal with broken legs could be some nice information, especially dealing with this one.

She'd also need to do a bit more research on demon lore. Maybe that giant bird thing was important.

A shock ran through Sin's body, a pain unlike any other.

"MUNINN!!!" He shouted, bolting upright. With a start, Sin looked around, and seeing no corpse, was relieved. However, his eyes fell upon a redheaded girl, maybe a bit younger than himself. "Who the hell are you?" He asked, quizzical and untrusting.

Just as Barbus enters the town thinking it would be forever before he would find those two he hear a male voice
"MUNINN"
Barbus heads to the building that the shout came from wonder what a muninn is. He quietly enters the building and hears voice in the room next to him, he decides last minute to not enter that room and hids

Bonne turned, managing to choke doen a surprised yelp. Nothing had ever interrupted her research before. It was new.

"Name's Bonne," she answered, hopping off of her seat at the computer. "Don't move, okay? Your leg's broken or something. I'd splint it if I knew what that meant, but I'm out of bandages, so just try not to walk on your left leg for a bit." She frowned down at the symbol that still surrounded him. "And please don't question the pentagram."

Sin looked down at his leg. Well, shit, it was fucked up. Anyways, Sin looked over at the girl. "Wait, did you say your name was 'Bone'?"

For some reason the girl's name sounded quite ominous to Sin. However, he was more curious right now about something else. "Hey, what's that you're holding? And what are you doing with it?"

"Yes. Bonne. And this?" Bonne shot an idle glance to the knife still clutched in her non-typing hand. "This is insurance. So I don't get killed by the thing inside you. And also to cut bandages 'cause my hands hurt when I do it myself."

She turned back to the laptop on the nearby desk. "So what led you to take a nosedive off that building?"

"Demon" Sinclair answered promptly. "What is the big square thing in front of you, and what are doing with that?"

"Laptop," Bonne answered, plopping right back into the seat. Apparently the boy wasn't going to start walking any time soon. "It's for research. See, I don't exactly have a very extensive knowledge of breaking legs and what to do with that."

Maybe she was being a bit of a dick. The guy just took a dive off a building.

"So what's your name. It seems a little unfair that you know mine when I don't have yours."

"Well, my name is Sin." The boy smiled as he looked up at the girl. "Weird, isn't it?" Sin shifted himself around so that his back could lean up against the table that Bonne was working at.

"Wait! What do you mean by 'the thing inside me'?"

"The-" Bonne paused. He probably wouldn't get it without the whole story. "I found you unconscious a few minutes ago. There was this demon surrounding you. I kind of stabbed it, and it just sort of turned to smoke and went into your head. And no, not so weird. There was this guy walking around last week with the name of Cthulu." She grimaced. He was a dickwad. "I don't talk about him."

Sin blinked. Cthulhu?

Anywho, "So, you were the one that hurt Muninn." Sin got up, putting as little weight as was possible on his bad leg. His originally warm demeanor became quite cold in an instant. "Why?"

"What's your first thought when you see an unconscious guy with a broken leg and a demon over them?" She was lying her ass off. Bonne slid the chair a little closer towards the door, mindful of his sudden hostility. "I thought this... Muninn... would be an enemy." Clearly not towards Sin, as his reaction practically screamed. She hated being wrong.

Barbus sits and listens to their conversation "so the boy's name is sin and the girl's name is bone? And the boy hurt himself from the fall, guess I should have figured that. That Bone girl is not someone i want as any enemy" He hears the tone of Sin become cold and relaxes a little "i have to wait and calm down they aren't going anywhere soon with that leg of his. wait till the time is right."

Sin sighed. The girl was right, he would have come to the same conclusion as well. With a noticeable strain, Sin forced himself to relax. Then, ever so slowly, he laid his bad leg back down on the ground. "I'm going to sleep for a little bit,if you would, then please wake me up in a little while "

"Sure, I'd be happy to." Thank God he fell for it. Bonne carefully stepped back to the laptop, sitting down and listening carefully for any movement from him. "Sweet dreams," she offered emptily, doubting it would be so with a demon in his head.

At least he hadn't pressed further on the knife.

Back