Interest Check Super Max Prison in SPAAAACE!

Okami

Hi guys, I've been gone for quite a while. But I'm back now with an idea I've been stewing over for quite a while and tried to post on another site but that site is about as active as a sloth with anemia so nothing came of it. It's called Black Moon Penitentiary and is essentially a space station prison about the size of the Death Star, maybe a bit bigger on the inside (the Warden of this prison cares not for stupid concepts like physics) where the worst of the worst of the worst get sent. Kind of. Black Moon is independently funded and the only way to enter it is through teleporters all over the galaxy, an individual planet, species, or court decides what punishment a criminal should have with Black Moon being the most severe and because there's so many different cultures in the universe people get sent there for different reasons. Like maybe you're caught littering multiple on a planet dedicated to the preservation of nature and inhabited by sentient mushrooms and get sent here. Or maybe you just did some good ol' blowing up a planet. "Evil" is subjective here.

Black Moon itself isn't as bad as you'd expect, there are limited rules but the ones that are in place must be followed (or not, maybe you're playing a rebel). It would be more of a sandbox roleplay but there is established lore and mysteries involved in the prison. Like why do you have to teleport here? Where is "here" anyway? Why do people sometimes go missing? What's with the amorphous blob that patrols the halls after curfew engulfing anyone it can get its pseudopods on? Why does the Warden cook all the food himself and why is he so good at it?

There's also a bit of complexity to joining this roleplay, nothing bad though. After you post your character sheet send me a private message about what crime your character has committed or any dirty little secrets you don't want getting out. Not everyone knows everything about everyone else, so adding a little bit of mystery to your characters would be fun. There's nothing stopping you from telling others about what you did, but maybe keeping quiet is smart too. Once I okay your secret there will be a little spot on your character sheet that says Approved or something similar, just say yes to let everyone know you've been approved.

Both preexisting and original alien species are allowed alongside humans. Just please don't use a picture of an anime cat girl and say its an alien race, at least try to find something that looks otherworldly. Nothing against nekos but they wouldn't fit here.

More info about the prison itself will be established in the actual thread if this has interest, so please let me know!

alsoifthingsstarttoslowdownwecandodeathgames

Excellent, excellent. I think I’ll post it within a day or so along with the character sheet thread too.

I'm glad more people are interested, I got super busy and haven't been able to post it yet but I will soon. I got kind of screwed over on the other roleplay site I use due to a glitch with no help from the site moderators, so I think I'll be moving here permantanly soon.

Back