[Supernatural-Noir] Gangsters' Paradise

Saarai

Lord of Bondage and Pain
Benefactor
Is there a heaven for gangsters?
That question was never on Charlie Reynolds' mind, he never believed in Heaven or Hell despite his very Catholic upbringing in Dublin, Ireland. As a young man, Charlie quickly jumped into crime with his friend and one-time rival, Danny "Scarface" Luthor.

The charmer and more cunning of the Dublin based mob, Charlie was always seen as the brains and the face of his and Scarface's organization.

Scarface grew to resent his partner, the attention he received and the respect that he was shown. Scarface hated being seen as the dumb muscle.

He thought of ways he could take out Charlie without drawing the ire of the other mob bosses and his own people. It was his discovery of a woman who could see and communicate with the supernatural that gave him the perfect opportunity.

Kidnapping the woman, he forced her to contact an otherworldly demon on his behalf. Scarface offered up his soul in exchange for the death of Charlie.

With his wish granted, Scarface waited until news of Charlie's freak accident at the docks that led to his death by drowning hit the streets.

With Charlie out of the picture, Scarface began his tyrannical reign, abusing the kidnapped woman's gift to kill and blackmail anyone who stood in his way in becoming the only crime boss in Dublin.

Charlie awoke in Heaven, confused as to how he earned his place in the afterlife. That wasn't enough for Charlie after what felt like an eternity in Heaven.

There were so many questions he had, mostly about his own death. The Archangel Gabriel informed Charlie of Scarface's betrayal and alignment with Hell.

Enraged, Charlie used his guile to force himself out of heaven and back to Earth, intent on taking revenge on Scarface and taking back the criminal empire he considers to be rightfully his.

OOC Information
It took me a very long time to put this idea into words, but I finally managed. The RP will be a play-by-post RP following Charlie, his friends, his enemies, and the restless spirits that inhabit Dublin as Charlie seeks his vengeance.

I myself plan on playing as Charlie and Scarface, that can change if anyone is interested, and while their rivalry is what kicks off the plot, it's the revealing of the supernatural that I want to take center stage.

Because of that, the direction of the story will be sometimes subject to our own IC interactions more than my what my wishes are.

I'm looking for people to play mobsters who are members of either Charlie or Scarface's factions, angels, spirits, and most importantly, the woman who can speak to the other side.

The usual RP rules apply. I hope to tell this story with you all.

Last edited:
Yeah, have so many ideas for characters.

Like a possessed marble statue that's Charlie's muscle

Or a guy who is protected by the Final Destination spirit who horribly kills anyone who tries to hurt him, and his immortal son who has the fires of hell burn inside of him. I think they'd fit perfectly in this RP

Might be a good idea to run this as a 1x1 for now, seems I can't get any extra interest in this.

Not sure. Seemed that no one was interested, but now were both in it. Just waiting on Saarai's word

I thought I had this thread on my watch list. This RP is a low-priority for me, but I can get it going with just us three soon if this is all it's going to be in the next week or so.

I got blindsided by work, but I have a renewed interest in this RP. I may make it an epic RP so as to keep the overall story of this world going.

I really enjoy the idea of the supernatural being slowly exposed to normal people and being abused by criminals.

So, if anyone is interested in a story that's one-part The Masquerade, one-part The Secret World, and one-part Boardwalk Empire, let me know.

Back