Jasonchu

GMing way too much~
Tentatively, I'm putting this up to check interest in running a custom designed d10 system game I made using the world setting of Pathfinder (by Paizo Publishing), but with completely different rules down to fundamental levels. This means experience with Pathfinder has nothing to do with this game, but things like deities and countries are all the same.

Joining:
Due to the nature of the storyline, I would prefer to make this a closed game after I get 3-5 players for it, but if it becomes obvious that only 2 or less have stuck around then I will make an exception to look for supplemental players.

Pacing:
The game follows a metaplot (plot that moves independent of the PCs) and will run in quarter time, meaning that every 24 hours in real life is 6 hours in game, and posts of events that occur on the game's timeline will be made as close to the exact time as real life allows.

Setting:
The Westpeak campaign finds a group of adventurers who were attempting to make a mountain crossing before the winter storms closed the pass failing to do so and finding shelter in the small mountain village of Westpeak. Despite the raging winds and sleet on the mountainsides around it, the town receives just a flurry of snow that only hinders you by obscuring your visibility. For better or worse, you're stuck in this town until the storms let up, but it seems like the town is in the middle of some sort of celebration...

Character Creation:
Since this is an unfamiliar system, character creation is a big commitment that can take quite a while. Even voice chatting with people, it takes between 30 minutes to 4 hours to make a basic character, then Merits and Flaws can take much longer. For races I allow just about anything, just keep in mind that you're going to be RPing in a podunk mountain town, so if you're playing a jacklewere or spring heeled jack then don't be surprised when people freak out around you. For a list of races you can use any official source material for Pathfinder. However, outside of the flavor text and the picture, everything is probably different in this game. 3rd party material or ideas will be listened to, but has a low chance of being approved, but if what you're looking for isn't super specific then I might know something that's apart of official material that has what you'd like.

If you have any questions then feel free to leave them here, or PM me!

I'd love to actually do a dice system RP so count me in
If you've ever played any World of Darkness games (like Vampire: The Masquerade) then this'll look familiar, but what I did to mages and how I removed almost all system for "classes" can sometimes throw people.

I've read the rules for NWoD and Pathfinder so i've got a general idea

It uses a d10 system like WoD ([Attribute] + [Ability], dif [2-10]), but sorcerers are more easily comparable to benders from Avatar and can pick just about anything to be a sorcerer "of" (sorcerer of communication, pain sorceress, starlight sorcerer, etc), and they get a single stat for controlling it and can do just about whatever they want with it, including things that are from a more abstract point of view of their power. "Sorcerer" is also not a class or something you can become, it's something you're born as, just like calling someone albino. Mages who learn magic can do so through many different ways, and have many different names depending on how they learned. Clerics don't even have anything on their character sheet saying they're a cleric, it's just a word used to describe someone who isn't a priest, but they can consistently be granted miracles by praying to their deity. However, many common knowledges of what these people can do are also greatly changed. A cleric or priest can't heal you unless their deity is a god or goddess of healing. Mages neither memorize spells at the beginning of the day, nor do they have a finite spell list, and instead have a staple of "go-to" spells with short cast times while the majority of their spells take minutes, if not hours, to cast.

Balance isn't something inherent in the system, instead it's more of an RP factor following what I call the "consequence footprint". The bigger the footprint you leave the more people are going to be after you for one reason or another, making it to where the weaker PCs in your party can often just stand aside and let your problems mess you up while they walk away untouched, or even force you to live in disguise so you stop bringing trouble to the party.

There are fine tunings for this, and many things that are up to the GM to keep in mind (and a google docs folder full of system information), but that's the overview, and after you make your character it's really just about saying what you want to do and I say if it's possible or not, and if so what you need to roll.

I tried to go for one of my premises where you either wouldn't roll much or I could do the rolls for you so that we can minimize drag from waiting for responses, but we'll see how it works out (if we get a couple more people interested in playing).

Back