Ame Damnee Temple of Reverence [Daemon's Cradle Retrieval]

----------------------------
Mina
Temple of Reverence
Outside
Forsaken Prince? Mina wondered. She'd heard a few rumors about him on the street, but quite frankly she'd expected him to be a little more... Impressive. This kid didn't look like he could hurt a fly. Not entirely convinced that he was who he claimed to be, Mina almost said as much, but caught herself as the boy continued.

"Someone stole what?" she said, perking up, her eyes bright.

Galizur, played by Meliodas

Temple of Reverence
Outside
He seemed almost dumbfounded by her question and stared blankly back at her for a moment. “W-What? How don’t you know what the Daemon’s Cradle is? It’s only the most treasured jewel in Abaddon which is one of the only reasons why this city was founded in the first place. You’ve never heard of the stories? One stone that is said to bring Hope, the other only Despair…but together? Well, no one has really managed to figure out the rest.” The Daemon’s Cradle and Aditi’s Plume (which was in New Eden) were at the center of much of the conflict between the two cities when they weren’t battling over ideological differences. There were many people who would have loved to get their hands on them, and now it seemed as if someone had.

“The very world as we know it could come crashing to an end… in the wrong hands…” Maybe he was exaggerating a bit, though no one really knew what the two artifacts did.

Mina
Temple of Reverence
Outside
"Oh, I've heard of the Daemon's Cradle, I just didn't know it meant so much to you people. I always thought the stories were an exaggeration, but you seem to take them quite seriously." Mina grinned broadly, "Thanks for the info!"

Mina just stumbled onto something big; there was no way she was going to just walk away after hearing that. End of the world? She couldn't pass this up.

"You said you were in a hurry? No doubt to report to your mother. I guess that means the Daemon's Cradle was here the entire time," Mina looked up at the temple thoughtfully. "Seems fitting, though a bit obvious. It's a wonder that no one thought to steal it earlier..." The girl trailed off before looking back at him with a grin. "I'm Mina," she said, thrusting out her hand. "Pleasure to meet you, Prince Galizur."

With Galizur’s big mouth on full display, it didn’t take long for nearby denizens to pick up on the information concerning the Daemon’s Cradle disappearance. However, as the information traveled from one person to the next, the story seemed to change every time…

Eddie Toorn - Temple of Reverence Exterior

Eddie and Lila approached the temple and noticed the prince Galizur talking to some woman Eddie had never seen before. Flying down towards the pair Eddie gently put Lila on the ground and approached Galizur. "Pardon me Madame, but my friend and I need to have a quick chat with prince Galizur." Turning his head towards Galizur a quiet rage in his eyes, he kneeled down to the childs level and whispered in his ear. "Listen you little prick, I have a lot of questions for you but first things first. Word is spreading throughout Abaddon on how you discovered that the Daemon's Cradle is missing. Explain yourself."

@Ethereal @Monster the Vamelfaer @Meliodas

~Lila Nender- Temple of Reverence, Outside~
As they neared the temple, Lila stared at the building with slight awe. She would of thought that she knew of the temple here but clearly not as this was her first time seeing it. As she was set on the ground, she continue to stare until Eddie began talking to the prince. Lila stood close to Eddie, glaring at Galizur as she awaited his answer to Eddie's question.

Temple of Reverence
Outside
His mother. Now, there was a thought. Galizur had hardly realized his little conversation with Mina had caused such a stir across the city in short order. Before he could politely shake her hand, however, Eddie seemed to butt in. It was almost demeaning to him that Eddie kneeled, and Galizur had a mind to just strike him across the face no different than a slave. Actually, he would do just that. “Five across the eye!” Galizur roared rather spontaneously, backhanding Eddie. “How dare you talk to me like that.”

There was fury in his eyes, the same wrath witnessed earlier at The Recreational Hall as his eyes flashed crimson. “Now, listen here, smart one. A moron could understand, but I’ll be slow. See, I walkedinside… the temple… follow along… and saw with my eyes… that it was gone.” Galizur seemed to overemphasize a lot of his words as he spoke down to Eddie.

Mina
Temple of Reverence
Outside
Mina was surprised to see two other people show up. She knew that news traveled fast in Abaddon, but this was ridiculous. Then again, it was the Daemon's Cradle; any reasonable person would be concerned. Probably why she wasn't. However, she was irritated that their conversation had been so rudely interrupted by this random stranger, which was why she was pleased to see Galizur slap him across the face.

"Ha! Serves you right!" she commented loudly from the side lines. "These people. No manners," she continued with a scoff as she shook her head.

(Like she was one to talk.)

The last thing Eddie expected from the brat was a slap across the face, so when he felt the impact he was left stunned. After Galizur's little condescending rant and the unknown girl's taunt, Eddie felt his rage boil to the surface. His hair flared up again, almost resembling a burning fire and his eyes went red with fury as he grabbed Galizur by the collar and lifted him off the ground. "Listen you son of a whore! I know for a fact that Aeriseth wont give a damn if I incinerate you hear and now, so you better play nice! Now you're gonna answer all my questions and keep your smartass nature to yourself, got it?!"

~Lila Nender- Outside, Temple of Reverence~
Lila turned to Mina with a glare. "If we want something said from you we'll ask, okay love? If not, keep your mouth shut."She gave the girl a sickly sweet smile. "Thank you darling." The nerve of the little prick, she thought as she stared at the two males in front of her, looking at Eddie when he picked Galizur up. "Eddie, I know you're mad but keep a clear head about yourself. The brat isn't worth the anger." she said, placing a hand on his shoulder and looked at Galizur. Hoping for the situation to not get to out of hand, she kept her gaze on Galizur and spoke in a calm tone, "Back at the museum when you placed your hand on Eddie, what did you do to him?"

Temple of Reverence
Outside
“Son of a whore? That has to be the smartest thing you’ve said yet!” Galizur couldn’t refute the fact that Aeriseth was indeed a whore. Although, he was still blindsided by the fact that his mother attempted to save him in the town square. Perhaps she wasn’t all that bad. However, he feared she was hiding something from him, and sooner or later he would confront her on exactly what that was. For now, the Daemon’s Cradle took precedence and needed to be found, no matter the cost.

To answer Lila’s question, he turned to face her with no help from Eddie who still had him by the collar. “No clue. Can’t say I quite remember.” That was partly true. Galizur did think he passed on some knowledge to Eddie, a means to act out his vision. How was that possible? Were his visions that of his own design?

“Listen, we don’t have time for this. We need to find Aeriseth at once. Someone has to go after the Daemon’s Cradle! There isn’t time to waste.” It was only a moment later that over two dozen of the cities guards began to surround the area.

“Put down Galizur at once!” One of the guards commanded as they neared the group. Rumors were already swirling that an angel was seen in the temple prior to the Daemon’s Cradle disappearance… The Ethereal.

@Aman

Mina
Temple of Reverence
Outside
Mina glared at the other woman after she told her to shut up. She was itching to give her a thorough tongue-lashing, but she stayed quiet anyway. Not out of obedience, of course, but because clearly there was a lot going on here that she didn't understand. Yet. No one was going to gain anything if she started running her mouth now, much as she would like to. So she listened; her body leaning forward ever-so-slightly as she watched the other three intently. What happened between you? And what does this have to do with the Daemon's Cradle?

Mina jumped when one of the guards shouted, not having noticed them until just then. Brilliant. Whenever things start to get interesting someone always has to interrupt, she thought in annoyance.

Eddie Toorn - Temple of Reverance Exterior

His flaming hair calmed to what resembled flickering embers at Lila's touch. He knew she was right. He sighed as Galizur ranted again, unless this kid was bullshitting him, which was absolutely possible, he didn't seem to have any control over himself either when that event in the museum took place.

Suddenly over two dozen guards had them all surrounded. One yelled at him to put the brat down. Eddie yelled "I was already planning on it!" To the guards and lowered the him gently to the ground. "Kid, you're lucky I'm in a forgiving mood, otherwise I might not be so inclined to listen to Lila here." He took her hand in his and gave her a nod as if to say 'don't worry'.

"Alright so the Cradle's been stolen and we have to go after it, I'm more than happy to volunteer, I probably know more about Oblitus than most people in Abaddon these days. Any leads on where it might've been taken?"

~Lila Nender- Temple of Reverance, Outside~

Lila calmed a bit at Eddie's nod of assurance, only for that to be gone as guards surrounded them. Shaking her head at the escalation of the situation, she listened to Eddie talk. "I'm on board too!" After all, it was her goal to one day take the Cradle for herself so she wasn't to happy to have that rug snatched from under her. Selfish motives aside, it was scary to think about who it could be that had taken it in the first place.

"I could talk to some...contacts that might have seen if someone came in during the earlier mess if need be. Probably work up a description, though I'm wouldn't depend on them too much." she sighed, shaking her head at the bad idea. It was a doubt they were even over here during that time. She sighed as she warily eyed the guards.​

Temple of Reverence
Outside
The vicinity was swarming with guards, and militia had already stormed the inside of the temple to investigate matters further, scouting the area and flooding the tunnels beneath in search for any signs. Only a few guards whispered amongst themselves about the whereabouts of The Ethereal, Anariel, who had last been seen inside. Her disappearance would be noted, but any suspicions would only be reported to The Envoys directly.

Galizur was eager to look into the matter personally, but he didn’t have as much pull as he would have liked with the cities forces. This was a situation his mother would need to handle on her own, but Galizur wasn’t about to let them go in search of the Daemon’s Cradle without him. “I say we sneak into the temple and find it ourselves!” A rather bold statement. Galizur, however, looked for any reason to undermine Aeriseth.

@Ethereal, @jrusso20, @Monster the Vamelfaer, @Aman

~Alexander- Temple of Reverance, Outside~
Alexander hovered over the temple as he watched the small group of citizens, along with Galizur, and the number of guards surrounding the area of the temple. He had quickly made his way over after hearing the rumours of the Cradle being stolen and possible speculation of it being the Ethereal that came earlier. He wondered where Aeriseth could be, as he gave a long sigh, rubbing his temples with the tips of his index fingers. Out of everything today, this had to top the cake. Kind of made him wish he was back at the den, working over the paperwork then deal with this situation but it had to be done, he only hoped Aeriseth heard what was going on and was on her way over.

Lila Nender- Temple of Reverance, Outside~
Lila smiled at Galizur, nodding in response. "Sound good, brat. I could lay down a quick illusion for the gaurds while you guys sneak in and meet you in there a little afterwards." Her smile grew bigger as she looked at the guards once more, already itching to mess with them a little bit. Though she would probably be feeling afterwards, two or three guards were a piece of cake for her but this many was rather questionable. Then again, who's to say that one couldn't try?
@Aman @jrusso20 @Monster the Vamelfaer, @Meliodas

Mina
Temple of Reverence
Outside
At Galizur's suggestion, Mina grinned. "Now you're talking!" she said.

If I help find the Daemon's Cradle I'll probably be set for life, she thought, something like that certainly wouldn't go unrewarded. Heck, maybe she'd have enough money to travel back to New Eden and rub it in the faces of everyone who doubted her life choices. "Mina, you're just going to get yourself killed," they'd said. Well, she'd show them.

Then the other woman seemed to be trying to formulate some kind of plan... She never really did like plans. And just like that, Mina turned on her heel and began to stride toward the temple, her black cloak flaring behind her. She flashed a wry smile back at the other three, but showed no intention of stopping. It was almost like she thought she could just walk right in.

Aeriseth
Outside the Temple

Always one to rain on people's parades, Aeriseth headed straight for the Temple, calming down a bit from her anger. She could be a bit of a hothead when things didn't go her way, despite her normally lax and sensual nature. As she approached the looming edifice, the Envoy slowed, fluttering her wings at a much more leisurely pace than before. As she expected, he was here. She knew Alexander would be here because she knew him like the back of her hand. There was nowhere in this city that her old friend could escape from her.

Ignoring her son and the guards who were expecting her, she flew towards him, crossing her arms over her chest in mid-air. "Can you please tell me what the hell is going on? I'm honestly at the end of my patience here, and if I don't get an explanation soon, someone's going to get punished." She glared down at where Galizur stood, grabbing Alexander's elbow and pulling him towards the ground after her. "Don't think you're getting out of this one, Alex. Don't even try. This is your responsibility, too." With the full intent of finding out why the boy was spreading these rumors, she landed swiftly, willing her wings to disappear from sight once more. They'd served their purpose. As she walked towards him, carrying an air of haste and hostility, the guards cleared a path for her and bowed to her presence. Aeriseth paid them no mind.

Eddie, the thief girl from the golem, and a random dancer seemed to be there as well. Just in time, she caught Eddie releasing the kid from his grasp, looking quite peeved. Of course, she understood the sentiment. With her hands on her hips like your typical pissed-off mother, The Temptress glowered down at her son with her chin tilted upwards in a condescending gaze, as if she were establishing her superiority. He looked so much like her. Uncannily like her, in fact; down to the hair color, eye color, skin color, face shape... His horns were different, though. Much smaller.

"You. Listen. I'll give you ten seconds to explain this business with the Cradle to me, and you'd better make it snappy. Thanks to your loud mouth, the entire city is starting to gossip and panic over a rumor." Taking a glance towards the Temple, Aeriseth's lips pressed firmly into a straight line. There was no way someone could've stolen the artifact. Only the best soldiers were stationed there and- ... The golem attack... She thought, turning to stare down her guards. They must have abandoned their posts while all of that was being taken care of. I swear, after this is over, every one of them will be executed. Can't believe we hired such fools for this task... Whether the stone had really been taken or not, it didn't matter. She wanted to see some discipline. Thinking these things, she turned her stern gaze towards Alexander next to her as she waited for Galizur to spill.

He listened quietly while surveying his surroundings, as he thought, where the guards were, so too were the Ethereal. As Lila pitched her idea of laying down an illusion, Eddie took her hand and pointed towards them. "I'm afraid we wont have time for that, my dear. The voices of authority have arrived." He said authority with much irony in his statement, these two hardly did anything regarding their authority over the people, but nonetheless, Eddie assumed that any decisions regarding the Cradle that were made by Aeriseth and Alexander would be final and he wanted to play it safe for now.

As they landed he gave them a courteous bow, acknowledging his respect for these wondrous beings. Maybe it was a force of habit, or maybe he was just a lecherous cad, but Eddie still couldn't resist giving Lady Aeriseth a wink and a sly grin as she caught his eye. He chose to keep his mouth shut until the mother and son had finished exchanging information with each other.

Temple of Reverence
Outside
Make it snappy? Galizur definitely wasn’t having any of this lip, even from his own mother. “Listen here, mother dear. Maybe if you weren’t busy sucking off every cock in town, you’d have enough time to sit up from bed every once in a while to see what was really going on in your city. I can’t believe I’m even related to someone as dumb and daft as you. And legend says you were actually something… once. Now, you’re just a lazy whore!” He may have appreciated the fact that she’d saved him, but at the same time, he tired of her commanding tone. His whole life she had attempted to control and mold him, and it was nigh time he followed his own path.

“Rather than tell you a damn thing, maybe, I’ll just find the damn stone myself rather than leave it up to someone as useless as you. No wonder Lucifer left. If I had to deal with you, I would have too!” Screaming at the top of his lungs, a surge of energy radiated off him, enough to push everyone back rather forcefully and abruptly as he ran towards the temple… disappearing inside and making for the tunnels that lead towards Oblitus.

@Aman

Back