Deus Ex Machina Temple of the Moon

Marjory - Temple of the Moon

While the others talked, Mallory wandered aimlessly about the temple examining the various artifacts for clues; trying to look helpful. A particularly ornate vase caught her eye. She picked it up and examined it; turning it over and marveling at the delicate designs on its rim.

"Oh, this is pretty," she said, more so to herself than anyone else.

Once finished, she moved to set it back on its pedestal, but it slipped from her hand and fell to the floor to the crash. She stared at the scattered shards in shock. The shock soon turned to embarrassment. "Oops," she said sheepishly. Looking first to Mors, then to everyone else in the room.

Last edited:
Mors - Temple of the Moon
"Oh, we're not going after them," Mors said nonchalantly. "No, it'll be easier to get to Luna if she's separated from her Blades, and in order to do that, we'll need a distraction. Luckily, we've already got one of those." He nodded in Leonard's direction. "Send the guard dogs after a rat, and they leave their goddess unprotected. Of course you'll still have to keep our little deal in mind, hm?"

And that was when a loud crash sounded. Mors looked around only to see the other Demi girl was puttering around, breaking priceless pottery and probably hadn't heard a word that was said. He looked at her with a deadpan expression for a moment before turning back to the rest of the group with a muted sigh.

"Well, you wanted a plan, didn't you?" Involuntarily, he gave a hint of a smile. Was he actually enjoying this? Interacting with mortals? What a novel thought...

Ophelia Kournova - Temple of the Moon

The young brother had once again surprised Ophelia with his courtesy towards the older woman. Her face softened into an approving smile, though it made her hatred for his elder brother even stronger. "Well, at least one of you is a gentleman." She muttered under her breath just as a loud crash resounded throughout the halls. The other woman in the group had just destroyed a priceless vase.

Ophelia pinched the bridge of her nose, trying her best to stay polite. She was never built to be a babysitter, it was hard enough with Briar by herself, but now she's looking after four other people, one of whom is a god. The god in question proposed a plan that managed to only put the eldest brother in danger. Though she needed some clarification first. "If I may, wouldn't they prioritize protecting their goddess before chasing a rat, to use your earlier metaphor?" She asked.

Leonard felt a low growl rising in the back of his throat as people kept referring to him as a 'rat'. If he wanted, he could kill every one here and then flee before anyone knew what was going on! Well, except for Mors. But, in a rare moment of tact, he decided not to push the issue. They can form their own opinions after the plan was done.

"The Blades are more machine than human, mentally. While they would want to protect the goddess, if she ordered it they would leave her. We just need the right incentive to get her to seperate from her little pets." He says to the Bitch as he turns towards Mors and Michael. "Either of you know how much Luna cares for the living? If she does, I could probably cause a large enough boom that she would be forced to send the blades to stop me."

Michael Masagrove - Radiance Park
Silently, Michael fumed at this brother being compared to a rat. He may have been the most obnoxious and idiotic person Michael's ever met, but that gives them no right to call him any degrading names. Especially since that privilege is only granted to Michael himself.

"Of course, the blades follow every order Luna gives. Which means we have to focus on the Moon goddess."

Brushing his hands through his hair, he tilted his hat upwards, smiled and looked at the group with an air of pride.

"I propose we go after her followers. She has quite a few and luckily for us... they do hang out in large packs in very specific buildings."

He then turned to his brother.

"Let's not try and kill anyone thank you. They're our bargaining chips. If we can surround and entrap a group as well as get her attention, we'll have the blades after us in no time."

Marjory - The Temple of the Moon
Mallory cringed as the god of death shot her a look. Thankfully, he wasn't too angry.
"Sorry, sorry." she muttered as she frantically began to scoop up the shards and place them on a nearby shelf. "There's a group that meets here at the beginning of every month. One of my schoolmates used to be a part of them." She felt horrible in suggesting that, but she wanted to be helpful somehow. Besides, they weren't going to kill anyone, she hoped.

"Excellent! Do that then," Mors said with a wave of his hand. He was pleased. Maybe he could get back to Caeles before- oh. Mors pulled a grim face. "But we still have to find where they're hiding before we can try any of that."

Why couldn't these things ever be simple? Now if Luna were dying, then he could find her with ease. But that was a bit counter-productive, wasn't it?

She was shocked at how quickly Mors accepted this plan. "Are you all mad?!" She yelled, at all of her companions who seemed to take this plan so well. "You think you can cause a large explosion and somehow not kill anyone? This plan is both dangerous and stupid, and I will not sit idly by and watch you blow all of Auroris to smithereens just to find one goddess!" Her passion was fierce, her authority seeming unquestionable.

She took a minute to compose herself, such outbursts were rare from the beauty, only occurring when something truly defiant to the rules of logic was presented before her. She turned to the god, her gaze piercing. "You're the god of death, so I can understand that you have no sympathy for the living, but understand that some of us would rather the death toll not get any higher after the murder of a god. Surely there is a way we can exploit these followers of hers that does not involve burning the city to the ground."

Mors' eyes flashed at the demigod's outburst. It wasn't often that the god allowed his temper to get the best of him, but if there was one thing that angered him more than anything else it was the assumption that he took some kind of sick pleasure in the harm of others. It reminded him of his many arguments with Medella, and while he was able to tolerate such badgering from the Goddess of the Living, he wasn't about to put up with it from this mortal.

"Let me make this perfectly clear," Mors snapped. "If any of you take the life of another on this mission, accidental or not, you will have to answer to me personally. I trust you will all be careful not to let that happen. As for you," the God of Death rounded his gaze on Ophelia, "do not presume to know my intentions. How dare you lecture me about death tolls when I am here to prevent the very thing you fear. You're scared because the sun is gone? Imagine what will happen if this god-murderer manages to kill again. What will you do if we lose Alume, or Silvis, or Medella? How long do you think you'll last without even one more of your gods? So yes, if I have to tear this city apart to find Luna, I will, because I'm not here to protect your city, I'm here to protect your very existence." Mors could feel his aura starting to act up as the scent of death started to permeate the air, but he wasn't finished yet. "So before you start calling me unsympathetic, or heartless, or uncompassionate, remember that I'm the one here because the other gods know that of all of them, I am the one who understands mortality better than anyone else. You think you're better off in a world without death? Then feel free to speak to me like that again. When your body finally falls apart, I'll let you have first hand experience as to what happens if I don't ferry your soul to the next life."

Mors' yellow eyes were glowing brightly by now as his death aura was burning at almost full strength. When he spoke again, his voice was a low growl. "Now does anyone else have a complaint?"

The god's outburst stunned Ophelia. She certainly hadn't expected this from Mors given his careless attitude and acceptance of crude measures to get the job done. Her father would've been ashamed of her for taking such a drastic leap to make conclusions. She folded her arms together and looked down, ashamed of herself. "I'm sorry, proceed as you like. I shall not assume your intentions again." She moved back slightly, allowing the others to discuss, not wanting them to observe her. The pulse of negative emotions coming from the god was beginning to overwhelm her. "I need some air, excuse me." She said before moving outside the temple. She would wait there for the others.

Michael watched the gods outburst with a growing sense of happiness. It always helped reaffirm his stance on the gods when they acted like the petulant teenagers they were instead of trying to always seem detached and aloof. Raising an eyebrow at Mors and letting a slight smirk creep onto his face, a smirk which grew into a full blown grin when the bitch ran away, Leonard raised his hands in a rare moment of 'no problem here officer', still grinning at the God.

"So, if blowing up a building is plan B, have you got a description of what Luna may look like? Or one of the blades. If we can get a description Michael and I can check in with a few guys and see if we can't dig anything up. I'm afraid that while I fought them I can't exactly remember the details." He says to the god before looking at Michael. "You remember anything?"

Michael Masagrove - Temple of the Moon
Michael watched as Ophelia exited the temple. He hated to watch her go, but he loved watching her leave. Quite a view, he would say. Shame she was a demigod, but she didn't seem like the type to abuse her powers. Also, what powers does being the child of logic give you?

This was stupid. Catching a god is like trying to catch a unicorn; it's impossible. However, with a god on their side they might've had a flicker of hope, if only the god would show them he at least knew what he was doing.

"About Luna? I've only ever seen her in her human form... and that was once from quite a distance away. Silver hair and a long dress. That's all I remember... oh, she had two swords as well. I'm not sure if she can fight with them but I'm guessing she's probably a pro. On account of her being a goddess."

Tapping his chin lightly, he turned to look aroud the temple. His feet was slightly set apart and he took a step forward to what he believes is the centre of the building.

"She must have some kind of godly powers then. One of it is probably useful for getting away.... Invisibility? Teleportation?"

He paused.

"We can ask her followers. Or maybe a few info brokers would do."

Last edited:
Marjory - The Temple of the Moon
"My friend would know where the group is at." Marjory said to Mors. Hopefully turning the god's attention to the matter at hand would calm him down. The last thing they needed was to be blasted into oblivion. "Something happened between her and one of the members. She and the group aren't on the best of terms." Marjory finished cleaning up the vase shards and rejoined the group. Hopefully Susanna wouldn't mind being volunteered like this, but it was for a good cause. She'd only be a little furious.

Last edited:
Mors was satisfied that no one chose to argue with him more; he really didn't want to have to explain any incidents that might occur. Still, these humans weren't exactly the brightest. The god closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead. "Luna can change forms on a whim, just like the rest of us. For all we know, she could be a rat hiding in the sewers. The only defining mark about her is her eyes, which are grey, so that isn't terribly helpful. If she uses her powers too often I might be able to sense it, but I wouldn't count on that." Mors sighed, seeming to have calmed down from his outburst earlier, though when he opened his eyes again they were still glowing faintly. "Oh, and she only has one sword now. On account of the second one being embedded in her husband's chest." Something like a smirk flickered across Mors' face as if he were remembering a private joke of some kind, but it disappeared again as quickly as it came.

"Our best bet is finding the Blades, but I don't know what they look like under those masks. I'm sure they come around here a lot though; someone here probably knows who they really are."

Mors glanced around the room, but the old woman from earlier had disappeared; probably slipped out the back door when they were talking. "If there were anyone here," he muttered. He mentally cursed himself for letting her just run off like that. She probably could have given them more information.

Michael Masagrove - Temple of the Moon

"If you're looking for the old lady, I don't think she'll know anything about the blades"

Michael watched the god glance around the room, as if searching for someone. Shaking his head politely and looking directly at the god, he explained his understanding. "The blades are barely seen. Practical and literal assassins. They wouldn't let civilians notice their presence anywhere."

Slowly examining the area around the temple, he gazed upon the carving of Luna etched into it's walls- right above the exit. Glancing at his older brother, he hopped over to him and tapped his shoulders lightly. "Are you still in contact with that weird chick in the lower district?"

He paused. "We can give this description- two guys who look like ninja masters, one that's soulless because he's ginger and the other's a blondie, both looked like they got dipped in black paint and dress up like edgy teenagers and they are accompanied by a third person... or thing."

"If you have connections, spread the word that we're searching for the Blades, but make sure that that information doesn't get back to them. This'll go a lot easier if they think we don't know they're involved," Mors stated. "In the meantime, there's no point in wasting more time here. I'll be going back to the Sun Level to search, and unless any of you have some contact you need to talk to, you're welcome to come along." He wasn't about to force anyone into helping him; anyone dragging their feet was just going to slow everything down, and he was eager to get this job finished as quickly as possible. The god glanced around the temple one last time before throwing open the doors and walking out.

Ophelia Kournova - Temple of the Moon Exterior

Upon exiting she needed to take quite a few deep breaths to calm her emotions. The flurry that had escaped from the god explained just how far in the wrong she had been. Once she had finally gotten her thoughts in order, she heard the doors open and Mors exited. She wasn't sure where he was going but his emotions told him that she could follow if she chose, so she did. She needed to atone for her childish actions in the temple.

"My lord, I must apologize for having exited so suddenly. I must also apologize for having misjudged you so harshly. I may be the daughter of the god of logic, but alas, I am mortal and fallible. I made too many assumptions about the nature of death and its' ruler which my father would have chastised me for, and it led to a horrible misunderstanding between us. I do hope we can put this incident behind us and have a civil relationship at least, while we search for Luna."

Leonard cringes at the thought of asking Emily. Michael was right when he said she was weird. He wasn't even sure what it was exactly that made him uncomfortable around her, it was just the general actions of the woman. Lingering too long, a smile a bit too large, eyes that seemed to constantly be unfocused. It was beyond creepy. Unfortunately for the duo, she was also the best person to go to when it comes to finding people, and she owed them a favour.

Leonard nods at Michael before turning to face the rest of the group. "Michael and I know someone who could find them, so we'll take off." He says to the remainder of the group, before spinning on his heel and making his way out of the temple.

Marjory - Temple of the Moon
"I'll come." Marjory said. Susanna lived in the Mansion District. Maybe she had heard from acquaintances from her old group. She followed Mors out of the building not before glancing behind her. The fountain trickled softly. The temple was so pretty and peaceful. Was this really the temple of a murderer? The goddess of the Moon was said to be strange, but she didn't strike Marjory as a killer from what little she knew. But then again she didn't know much. She brushed these thoughts aside and continued following Mors and Ophelia into the blue lit streets.

Mors - Outside Temple of the Moon
Mors was immediately addressed by Ophelia the moment he set foot outside the temple. His initial reaction was to brush her off and carry on, but then he realized what she was saying and looked at her curiously. He couldn't remember the last time anyone had apologized to him for anything, and it wasn't usually something he expected from anyone either. He'd given and taken his fair share of insults, but generally after the steam blew off he just rolled with the punches; apologies weren't worth the effort.

So Mors stood dumbfounded for a moment before he replied. "Apology accepted." Then he passed by her as if nothing had happened, though he added wryly: "Welcome back, Miss Kournova."

Back