Terrified to let others see my writing?

Green Door

I've always liked roleplaying because it's a relatively private medium. I can write what I feel I want to, sort of, but even then I feel like I'm constantly second-guessing myself and regret my writing decisions no matter the feedback. When I'm roleplaying, it's a struggle to even hit reply or even type it up, but I do it anyway because it's calming to me. When someone who I consider a close actually wants to see my creative writing in person, like family, friends, even teachers, it's extremely difficult for me to show anybody. It drives me crazy because I know I want people to see it and review it, but I'm so terrified of somehow ruining their perception of me and my writing I can't bring myself to do it.

Any thoughts on how I could try and deal with this?

A few ways you can overcome this certain feeling is to actually make that you have a great story that you know you feel completely confident in. If someone is going to judge you for writing a story, they need to understand that it's just a story. It doesn't matter if it's make believe or not, you should put into certain consideration for the journalists out there who get criticized for what they put into newspapers or any articles. You don't have to worry about others perspectives on you, also take every criticism that someone gives you to grow your writing. Hopefully this made sense, I hope I helped you with all of this.

Back