Ame Damnee The Abaddon Prison

Kaleo - Abaddon Prison - Kaleo's Room
Kaleo watched as the smile faded from Sunil's face and transformed into a confused expression.

"Did I pass out or something?"

Kaleo's suspicious face slowly changed to one of confusion as well. Nothing about Sunil made any sense. He's even crazier than me, and it's hard to break that spree. However, the lycan was drawn out of his thoughts when he felt the ground shake. There was a loud crash outside the prison, as if the gods themselves were having a fist fight. Kaleo sat up straight, his eyes alight with interest. Then, just like that, he jumped off the bed and shifted to his wolf form, his paws hitting the floor with a soft thump. Without even so much as a glance at Sunil, the silent, brown wolf pushed open the door and slipped out, off to see what was causing such destruction.

Jocasta, Abaddon Prison

It'd been an eventful day and a long walk. Jocasta silently entered the prison, dirt and dust covering the tattered clothing she'd left in the Bellum Amphitheatre. She'd asked that Calan release her where he found her and she would walk from there. She didn't say a word as she made her way down the hallway, people murmuring, wondering where she'd been all morning. It was late afternoon now.

Jocasta turned down the hall to go back to her room, but froze when she saw Hi'dric making his way down the hall. Had he noticed her sudden absence? Was he angry? Her chest tightened as she considered possibilities. Hi'dric, no doubt, had been wondering where she was, she assumed, because a man and woman who was in love worried about each other all the time.

She took a deep breath and continued her trek full speed ahead, chin held up and body straight. She was confident things would go fine. All she had to tell him was that she'd simply gone out to have breakfast and walk around the farmer's market, then went to the library and that was it. Jocasta didn't want to mention Kaleo nor the vivid imagery that played incessantly in her mind. It was too anxiety inducing.

@~Nemo~

Sunil Seva
Abaddon Prison - Kaleo's room

Kaleo's expression told him there was something wrong with his question. For a moment, the guy looked at him as if he had grown two heads. He just shrugged nonchalantly. It's not like he cared much about looking and sounding sane.

The ground shook. Sunil looked in the direction the tremor seem to come from, not alarmed, but interested. That's right... I smelled people outside. The scent had been familiar, but he could not place it. In a way it almost smelled like Xena, but on the hand, also very different. They must share some connection to her, he supposed. But there was also something else out there. Lucifer's scent, the smell of insanity and madness... Curiously he shifted to serpent form, peeking from the entrance to see what was happening... and immediately, he lost interest. It was just Guruk, that violent guy who broke the door of the Sanctuary... and some girl. If they are going to fight, they should do more blood and less talking.

Bored, he shifted to his humanoid form and started practicing on his walking again. One step. Two, Three, four... He was getting better at this. Strangely too, he felt more calm than he had in a while. And while Kaleo has looked at him earlier as if he was the craziest thing he had ever seen, he actually felt more... sane. He frowned, wondering what really happened in Kaleo's room. He felt like he shouldn't remember though, which was odd.

Last edited:
Hi'dric Varon Normell- Prison Halls
Hi'dric had left his office, exhaustion clear on his face as he did not greet the other members of the Circle like he usually would. He did have his white-haired glamour up though as he had to keep to appearance even though he was starting to feel that wasn't even worth anything anymore. He had noticed that after Jocasta left his office, he hadn't seen hide nor hair of her and it worried him, which didn't help his already stressed state. Looking ahead, he thoughts seemed to be answered as he saw Jocasta walked towards him. "Ah Del-Jocasta, I was wondering where you were." he said, simply as he eyed her and the people around them, signalling that they should find a more private place. After all, it seemed to be getting harder to spend some alone time with his lover.

Jocasta felt her stomach churn as he approached her. She blinked and suddenly there was blood on his face again. "Hi'dric," she spoke- her voice reeked of uncertainty. She swallowed the fear, the doubt. Jocasta had been fine traveling to Oblitus for a few hours on Calan, but when she came back here... She felt as if she was reliving a nightmare. Was the vision Kaleo gave her real or was it fake? She couldn't shake it from her thoughts and tried to repress them in the moment, casually bringing Hi'dric to her room when there was no one around. At the moment, her mind was clear, but it was also disturbed. She couldn't give full thought to the situation in time. "I just went out this morning down to the market area and walked around, then went to the library to read some books. I'm sorry I worried you."

Hi'dric Varon Normell-Jocasta's Quarters
Hi'dric shook his head as they entered Jocasta's room. "Don't apologize. I was worried but I know you're more than capable to take care of yourself." He let his glamour drop as he gazed his lover in the eyes, pulling her into an embrace. "I just want to spend some time with you, if that's alright Delphine. Just finally have sometime for you and me." he said quietly. He didn't want to focus on the news Xena and Maric brought him or the fact that he could feel Guruk and two others in the Necropolis. He didn't feel the need to intervene as he knew Guruk had it under control. Pulling back a little bit, he tilted Jocasta's face towards him, kissing her passionately. "Just you and me." he repeated.

She wondered if his words were true; if running away from Kaleo proved how capable she was of taking care of herself. She watched him as he silently let his disguise dissipate and wrapped his arms around her. She buried her face in his chest and tightly held onto him, as if he would leave any moment now. Did she even deserve his embrace? His love? She didn't want to think about what happened; how helpless she'd felt in that situation. She sniffed in his scent; It gave her a sense of comfort and security. Jocasta didn't let go. You're alive. She was glad he was safe. "I'm so glad," she murmured, her voice broken. She glanced up as he placed a finger under her chin and pressed a kiss to her lips. Her hands moved to wrap around his neck and fingers to thread through his long hair. She kissed him back hard and fervently, as if it was the last time she'd ever see him, as if she knew something terrifying would happen, but she didn't know what.

Hi'dric smiled at her as he pulled away from the kiss, lightly pulling the woman to the bed before sitting down. He wondered why her voice sounded so broken when she spoke and it worried him again. "Is everything okay, Delphine? You know you can tell me anything." he asked as he patted the bed next to him, wanting her to sit down with him.

She tried not to hyperventilate. She tried not to cry, but she could slowly feel her emotions beginning to take over again. She'd hoped he wouldn't notice. Jocasta allowed Hi'dric to gently guide her to the bed. It was then that Jocasta knew, that he knew something was up, but how could she tell him? She silently sat down next to him. How much longer could she keep hiding it? The experience was too horrifying not to share. The two sat in silence for a while as Jocasta weeped. She'd never been like this before. After a bit, Jocasta shook off her nerves, her breathing become somewhat regular- at least enough to talk in a calm voice. She opened her mouth to speak, then paused, breathing in and out again.

"I- I didn't tell you everything about what happened today." Her tone was ragged. "On my way to the library... I smelled blood; It was from a rag, but even I knew I wasn't about to go over to it and try and suck it dry. There was another scent as well... Blood inside the library. It was only Kaleo; he'd put on fresh blood on his face." She took another breath before continuing, her eyes beginning to blur again. "I should've left. I shouldn't have let my instincts take over. But I stayed and I... tried to talk to him without being distracted, tried to be reasonable, but something inside me went dark for a moment. I don't know what I was saying. It just came out. I didn't feel like myself. Then, I left in anger."

She reached out to squeeze his hand with her own. How could she look him in the eye right now? Jocasta continued on. "I... I was so blinded by rage, I couldn't control it. I tried to leave, but Kaleo... He came after me." Her words began to break into a small fit of sobs. She tried to hold them back so she could speak clearly. "I was angry at myself, so I took it out on him... and I tore his paper up..." She broke down. "And then he- he..." Jocasta curled up in a ball. Hi'dric probably hated her for this. She was a terrible being. "I'm so sorry! I can't stop myself! I made him angry and he gave me a nightmare!" she burst out, breathing quick as she tried to collect herself once more. "I'm so stupid..."

He hates me, he hates me, he hates me.

Hi'dric Varon Normell- Jocasta's Quarters
"You're not stupid, Delphine. You never were.You're rash in your actions but that is to be expected because it's you, my love."
Hi'dric pulled her into another embrace, his heart hurting at how Jocasta belittled herself in front of him. He always saw her as beautiful, the woman who captured his heart and seeing her hurting like this with no way to help her tore him up inside. "You're not stupid nor have no need to apologize, you're were angry, hurt and you lashed out. Please..." he repeated and begged, cutting off his words as he hugged her tighter.

Though something nagged at him, something that made him feel uneasy about Kaleo. "You said he gave you a nightmare? If you don't want to share what you saw, I will be okay with that, but what do you mean by nightmare? Was it just an illusion?"

Jocasta shivered as Hi'dric pulled her into his arms. She couldn't help but recall that nightmare. Her hands reached out to wrap around him and squeeze him tight. It was calm. He made her feel a little better. "Hi'dric... I, I don't even know how to describe what I saw. It felt so real." She buried her face in his neck, clutching onto the back of his shirt, then turned her head away and squeezed him tightly. She couldn't hold it in. "It was dark. The skies were red and I was in a graveyard. It was eerie, so quiet, so unsettling." She took a deep breath. "You were in it... you were dead... and I don't mean, you were like this, I mean... Someone killed you, Hi'dric." It was me.

"I, I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to but..." She bit her lip, trying to move in closer to Hi'dric. "I'd never felt such fear in my life. I walked over to you and I noticed two fang marks on your neck. You were gone. I reached out to touch it, but blood began to spill around you and suddenly, you woke up and latched onto my arms and shook me furiously, nails digging into my arms. It was all my fault. You told me I killed you!" Her nails dug into his back, shoulders tense. "I got away and I was... There was someone else... It was me. Like an evil version, telling me to stop holding back, telling me that becoming a monster was my fate." She shuddered against Hi'dric.

"There's something inside of me..." Tears trickled down her cheeks. "She reached into my chest and pulled out my heart, licked the blood off of it, and crushed it in her very own hand! She told me that was who I truly was, then told me I drained everyone, including Sunil, Maric, Guruk... Everyone! Even Xena! You were all dead, destroyed by me! She told me to turn my emotions off, she smeared my blood across my lips and I felt a primal urge within me, bloodlust. I almost gave in, almost, but I got away and I tried to get help! Maric told me I was a worthless toy, that he was disgusted by me, and Guruk told me I was stain in this world, then Xena said I killed Maric and I was a murderer for doing it!"

She sobbed, "I told him I was sorry! I came back to the real world and everything was still! I could still feel everything destroying me." She blinked tears away, feeling her chest empty again, feeling her tongue tingle. It would never go away, would it? "I ran away from him. I couldn't face him. And when I came back here, the first thing I saw on you was blood before it went away." She felt small right now, so small, so fragile, like a mouse. That wasn't the kind of person she was supposed to be for Hi'dric. "Please stay with me, Hi'dric. I can't be alone. I don't want you to die. Please don't die." Please don't. Please don't. Please don't.

Hi'dric Varon Normell- Hi'dric's Quarters
Hi'dric sat stunned as Jocasta spilled what Kaleo made her see. His anger boiled over as she cried in his arms, feeling the urge to rip Kaleo in two where he stood if he was to see him. Hi'dric looked at Jocasta with hurt in his eyes as she begged him to stay with her. "I won't leave you ever, Delphine. Look I'm right here, I'm alive, I will never leave you." he said as he tried to distract himself from the anger he felt to Kaleo.

One thing was for certain is that he wanted the boy dead, for hurting one of his own. Hi'dric knew the boy made him uneasy and with his lover's words it confirmed that there was no need for someone like him to be apart of the Circle any longer. As he thought, he could only wonder who else Kaleo did this to and with each thought, his anger rolled into an immediate urge to kill him. Despite this though, he would wait and bide time, for Delphine needed him and he could not leave her in this state.

Jocasta felt a sense of comfort in his words, a disappearance in the fear that plagued her mind. She relaxed in his arms, the last tear falling as she felt another wave of chills crawl up her spine. She stared at the patterns on the bed, glad everything with Kaleo was over. It's not real, it's not real, she repeated to herself, squeezing Hi'dric tightly and kissing him on the cheek. I'm so glad. "I wanted to tell you how I felt about him before. When Sunil brought him in and he glanced at me, I couldn't help but feel uneasy," she murmured, "But other things got in the way and I ended up forgetting about it."

Guruk Shamad
Abaddon Prison

The orc flew through the doors of the prison, slamming them behind him as he walked into the foyer. His eyes searched the room to see if anyone had been there to see his outburst and quickly noticed the returning member, the child; Sunil. Guruk stared at the boy, sighing heavily and regaining his composure. "What are you doing down here, child?" he asked curiously, deflecting his behaviour. Guruk expelled the thoughts of what had just occurred outside but what worried him was all the people who were so close to the Circle. If they found their way to the prison, they would have to be eliminated.

Guruk's attention turned back to Nil, the last thing the orc wanted to do was converse with the strange child. He wanted to be alone in his own thoughts but it wasn't the likely scenario at the time. The orc then realized that he didn't even know who Nil was or where he came from, or his affiliation to the Circle and Hi'dric. His eyebrow cocked in curiosity as he watched Nil.

Last edited:
Sunil Seva
Abaddon Prison

The boy regarded him with wide, childlike eyes, as he seemed to be a little startled by the force through which the orc bursted through the doors. "...Walking." he replied as he took another step, stumbled, and then leaned on the wall for support. "Welcome back." he muttered as he seemed to go about his business again, practicing each step slowly and carefully. At that he moment, he seemed the most like a child, innocent and oddly calm.

Maric Vakarian - Entering the Prison

His mind was just sort of wrecked after Xena briefly stopped and hugged him, and made him see some semblance of reason. He didn't agree with her on Wroth, but she at least managed to make him calm down. He needed to apologize to Guruk. Luckily he saw the man as soon as he entered the prison. "Guruk, please, I need to apologize to you." He said humbly as he spoke up from behind. He saw the child, Sunil in the area. "Could you give us a minute alone please?"

Sunil Seva
Abaddon Prison

Sunil pouted. He didn't like that he was going to be driven away, not when he was the first one to get here. But on second thoughts, he nodded, seeing that it was a rather serious affair, and without a word, his body morphed into the shadows, slithering across the floor and away from them.

"Well, it will be a situation that needs to be taken care of soon." Hi'dric spoke calmly as if he were stating the weather, not wanting to let Jocasta in on the anger he was feeling inside. He gave Jocasta one final kiss before he stood, petting her hair as he did so. "Please rest now, my love. I will return shortly and won't leave your side after this. There is something I must attend to right away though." With that said and one final kiss, he swiftly left the room and stroll out to the entrance of the Prison, barely making note of Maric and Guruk, offering them no more than a nod as he left the prison in search for someone in particular.

Hands scrunched up the quilt on the bed and an audible sigh left her mouth. Jocasta was a little alarmed that Hi'dric seemed to leave as quickly as he came, but that was the unfortunate feeling of love. She couldn't always be around him when she wanted to be. Jocasta laid down on the bed and closed her eyes. Time for both would come soon, she just needed to be patient and wait things out a little. He was, after all, the overseer and as a leader, he had important things to take care of, as he'd stated.

Guruk Shamad
The Abaddon Prison

The orc studied the child as he delivered the most obvious answer to the question being asked and then welcomed him back as if the child was welcoming him home. Something about the remark brought a sense of relief to the orc but that relief was struck down when the large doors behind him opened. Maric had followed him into the prison, a mistake on his part because all Guruk wanted in that moment was to be alone. Or at least to be away from his friend. When the incubus requested that Sunil leave them be, the orc sighed heavily and even more so when the child complied and left them.

Guruk grunted and walked away from Maric, heading toward the basement door and seemingly to have ignored him entirely. He knew that he wasn't in the mood to listen to yet another one of Maric's speeches; he had enough of them for one day. The large man opened the door to the basement and began to descend the stairs. I swear to Aditi that I will smack him if he follows me down blubbering away.

Back