Status
Not open for further replies.
The arrows blasted through the body of the Soulcage leaving holes in his wake. As the monster screamed in rage Rubicante clutched Yukari's shoulder having got up thanks to her healing spell. "It's an undead," The Archfiend of fire told her. "Your healing spells will hurt far more than any raging wind."

As they spoke Sice continued her assault against the monster but her cockiness got the better of her as a swirl of sharp leaves cut her and an ensuing shockwave knocks her over.

"I'll assist you," Rubicante got back up to his 7 feet and aimed a healing spell towards Soulcage. "Give it the strongest spell you have!"

@Ver

Last edited:
"Using a Healing spell to deal damage, huh? Never thought I'd use it for that, but if you say so...!" Yukari exclaimed in response to Rubicante. With Isis floating diligently beside her, the Persona user pointed her finger at Soulcage, focusing all of her attention at it as she prepared to cast a stronger Healing spell.

"Diarahan!"

With that, the girl's Persona began to glow a healthy shade of green, before firing the spell toward the villain as well, running in tandem with Rubicante's.

@Jeremi

And perhaps to Yukari's surprise the Soulcage roared in pain as her and Rubicante's healing spells it at full force. The force of the healing caused the monster to crumble to pieces gurgling out inaudible curses before it finally vanished.

"Ugh, is it done?" Sice got up looking around. Despite Soulcage's demise nothing seemed to have changed around them, except for a swirling green portal at the edge of the path.

"The path is open for us," Rubicante replied as he looked around. "But with this abomination still standing calamity will continue to follow." He pointed towards the portal. "You two need to leave so that I can finish this once and for all."

Sice looked like she was going to protest but instead she just shrugged. "If the big bad demon wants to play hero I'm not going to stop him, come on Yukari, let's let him do what he wants to do." She made her way towards the portal but waited on stepping through it to see what Yukari would do.

@Ver

Yukari let out an exasperated breath as Soulcage finally crumbled into pieces, and then into nothingness. She stood still for a moment, letting the silence wash over her after the heat of the battle, as though needing to take a moment just to register that they'd finally managed to defeat that fearsome monster.

The girl eventually managed to snap out of that trance as the portal appeared at the edge of the path, their apparent ticket home, or so she could only hope.

Instead of readily going along with Sice, the young archer, her brow raised in concern, looked to Rubicante, holding her hand to her chest. "Are you... sure about this? I wouldn't want to leave you behind..."

Not like how he had to leave her and her friends back then...

@Jeremi

A small smile crept up on Rubicante's face. "I am the Archfiend of Fire, human. You do not have to worry about my fate." Fire started to envelope him. "Fire is the sign of birth. I will rise from the ashes like a blazing torrent. Go with the other, finally free of this place."

He gestured Yukari to follow Sice away to the portal and as the two stepped on the panel the last thing they saw was an explosion of fire before their world went white.

When they final came too they found themselves outside the town that had now been engulfed in a fiery inferno. "That's one way to do it..." Sice mused aloud before turning towards Yukari. "Like he said he's some kind of fire demon so he should be alright." It took awhile for her to realize that they had finally escaped the place and that the fog was gone. "Either way we're fucking free!" She clasped her hands with Yukari for a moment before awkwardly letting go. "We worked pretty well together..." She took Yukari's hand into her own again. "Come on I see a hill over there, let's see where the hell we are."

The two girl climbed up the rather steep hill to look around. Yukari no doubt expecting to see the Japanese countryside while Sice expected to see her Academy. What they did see was something neither of them expected. Unknown lands, lush jungles and cities all smashed together like some sort of bizarre jigsaw puzzle. Sice looked at Yukari mouth agape and only uttered a single word. "What."

Three days since the melding

|FIN|
@Ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back