Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremi

The Convergence Series GM
For Yukari it felt like she was floating endlessly in a dark void. How long had she been her? How long was it going to last? It was like she was underwater with no idea of knowing which direction she was going.

-ke up

Huh? Was that a voice calling?

Wake up

It sounded muffled but that was clearly a voice. It was coming from that direction.

Wake up

It was becoming clearer and louder.

Wake up

Just a little further…

"WAKE UP!"

With a fright Yukari would gasp to life.

“Finally.” Standing over her was a girl with silver colored hair, a school uniform and…was that a scythe?

“I thought you were dead.” While the girl looked imposing she didn’t seem hostile…well not in the way that would imply that she was out to harm Yukari. Still, she did look slightly out of place with that weapon of hers. Speaking of Yukari found laying next to her was her bow and a quiver with arrows.

Why was it laying there? For the life of her Yukari couldn’t exactly say what she had been doing before this. Had she been with her friends or...?

The girl was still glaring at her, seemed like she wasn’t quite sure what to make of this either.​

@Ver

Last edited:
tumblr-n5wuo40sjm1qckkfko1-500.gif

"?!"

Yukari Takeba's eyes shot open, and once more, she was thrust into an unfamiliar place.

The dark was almost comforting to Yukari these days. Like just about any other young child, the dark had always scared her when she was younger, and her fear of ghosts and spirits never quite helped either. And as the years passed, that fear never quite went away, even to this day. The dark always housed the unknown, the living mysteries waiting for whoever dared to look around for them. Simply put, Yukari was used to this kind of unfamiliarity. Yukari had met the horrors of the darkness firsthand with the Shadows that lurked within the Dark Hour, both of them simply relics of a different time now.

But it wasn't so bad. That different time may have been a worse time, but it was also a better time in other ways. When she was with him, the boy she had fallen for with all of her heart, the boy who made her feel safe like no one else did, the boy whom she loved, the unfamiliarity didn't seem as scary. Of course, it was still a little scary, but she managed to learn that it wasn't bad to be scared. It was proof that she was alive. That was the gift he had given her, and she vowed to try her best to treasure it always.

Words were easy, but keeping her promise was tough. Sometimes, she wanted to return to that darkness of unfamiliarity, of nothingness, the place where she once feared, the place where no one would ever find her if she decided to drown in it, and how comfortable that thought seemed to be sometimes. Maybe it was just the Apathy Syndrome's lingering effects, even after... what, a year? Two years? Of course, that would have been the easy answer, but just as often, Yukari had to accept that it was a human weakness of hers, and had to make sure to be better than that for the future. Her future, the one that he sacrificed himself for.

"Nnn... It happens," Yukari curtly said in response to the strange girl before her, rubbing her head as she gingerly got to her feet, trying her best to gather her bearings, but everything came up blank, at least for the moment. How she got here, what her bow and quiver were doing here, who this girl was... Nothing. She couldn't even feel that weird about her carrying a scythe around her, but then again, compared to a bow and arrow, a two-handed sword, metal gauntlets, rapiers, and so on, it may as well have just been the new trend for youths to carry around such weapons.

Trying her best not to let the girl's imposing stare get to her, Yukari cleared her throat. "Who... are you? Where am I?" She started, looking around to get a read of her surroundings.

@Jeremi

tumblr-n5wuo40sjm1qckkfko1-500.gif

"?!"

Yukari Takeba's eyes shot open, and once more, she was thrust into an unfamiliar place.

The dark was almost comforting to Yukari these days. Like just about any other young child, the dark had always scared her when she was younger, and her fear of ghosts and spirits never quite helped either. And as the years passed, that fear never quite went away, even to this day. The dark always housed the unknown, the living mysteries waiting for whoever dared to look around for them. Simply put, Yukari was used to this kind of unfamiliarity. Yukari had met the horrors of the darkness firsthand with the Shadows that lurked within the Dark Hour, both of them simply relics of a different time now.

But it wasn't so bad. That different time may have been a worse time, but it was also a better time in other ways. When she was with him, the boy she had fallen for with all of her heart, the boy who made her feel safe like no one else did, the boy whom she loved, the unfamiliarity didn't seem as scary. Of course, it was still a little scary, but she managed to learn that it wasn't bad to be scared. It was proof that she was alive. That was the gift he had given her, and she vowed to try her best to treasure it always.

Words were easy, but keeping her promise was tough. Sometimes, she wanted to return to that darkness of unfamiliarity, of nothingness, the place where she once feared, the place where no one would ever find her if she decided to drown in it, and how comfortable that thought seemed to be sometimes. Maybe it was just the Apathy Syndrome's lingering effects, even after... what, a year? Two years? Of course, that would have been the easy answer, but just as often, Yukari had to accept that it was a human weakness of hers, and had to make sure to be better than that for the future. Her future, the one that he sacrificed himself for.

"Nnn... It happens," Yukari curtly said in response to the strange girl before her, rubbing her head as she gingerly got to her feet, trying her best to gather her bearings, but everything came up blank, at least for the moment. How she got here, what her bow and quiver were doing here, who this girl was... Nothing. She couldn't even feel that weird about her carrying a scythe around her, but then again, compared to a bow and arrow, a two-handed sword, metal gauntlets, rapiers, and so on, it may as well have just been the new trend for youths to carry around such weapons.

Trying her best not to let the girl's imposing stare get to her, Yukari cleared her throat. "Who... are you? Where am I?" She started, looking around to get a read of her surroundings.

@Jeremi

"I could ask you the same thing,"
The girl didn't seem to be very forthcoming with any answers of her own, but still... "Tch...the name's Sice, but I have no clue where this is." She relented, perhaps not out of trust but as a way to get an annoying argument out of the way. "Well I know what this is. It's a school."

True enough if Yukari looked around she noticed that they were in the back of a classroom. There was a blackboard, teachers desk and ten student desks lined up in a row. There was a door not too far from where they were talking and windows on the other wall. Everything seemed clean and neat with very little mess. "So it's great, just great." She groaned. "Guess you really don't know. No one can play that clueless."

b2-4-3-bin-1.png

"Well, jeez. Sorry I couldn't be much help," Yukari caustically quipped in response to the girl who introduced herself as "Sice." Strange name, but Yukari didn't give herself much time to dwell on that. With a sigh, the girl pursed her lips as she considered her situation, unable to make heads or tails of how she got here.

With a sigh, she spoke again. "Yukari. Yukari Takeba," the young woman introduced herself, idly walking over to the windows and trying to look out them to see if there was anything of interest outside, any sort of clue as to where exactly they were. "I don't know why my bow is here, but I guess it's no weirder than your big scythe over there," Yukari idly commented in the meantime.

@Jeremi

b2-4-3-bin-1.png

"Well, jeez. Sorry I couldn't be much help," Yukari caustically quipped in response to the girl who introduced herself as "Sice." Strange name, but Yukari didn't give herself much time to dwell on that. With a sigh, the girl pursed her lips as she considered her situation, unable to make heads or tails of how she got here.

With a sigh, she spoke again. "Yukari. Yukari Takeba," the young woman introduced herself, idly walking over to the windows and trying to look out them to see if there was anything of interest outside, any sort of clue as to where exactly they were. "I don't know why my bow is here, but I guess it's no weirder than your big scythe over there," Yukari idly commented in the meantime.

@Jeremi

"I just figured it was because of the war, same as me,"
The white haired girl replied. As Yukari looked out the window she could see the school grounds with nothing in particular that stood out to her, except for there being no people.

"Yeah, doesn't look like there's anyone around."
Sice had walked up and was looking through the window as well. "Came and had a look when I waited for you to wake up. Figured I'd question you before moving on." As she said that she started making her way towards the door. "Since you're up I'm not gonna bother with that anymore." The door opened easily enough as Sice stepped out into the hallway.

@Ver

image.jpg

"... War? What war?" Yukari questioned without missing a beat, furrowing her brow toward the strange girl. Everything about her was so strange, yet so nonchalant, as though perfectly confident in her own existence. Such an existence that Yukari could barely comprehend.

Pursing her lips slightly, putting the quiver on her back and gripping her bow tightly now, she followed Sice out the door, no less perplexed than she was when she woke up. "I know we just met, but can I already say, you're a pretty strange person..."

@Jeremi

image.jpg

"... War? What war?" Yukari questioned without missing a beat, furrowing her brow toward the strange girl. Everything about her was so strange, yet so nonchalant, as though perfectly confident in her own existence. Such an existence that Yukari could barely comprehend.

Pursing her lips slightly, putting the quiver on her back and gripping her bow tightly now, she followed Sice out the door, no less perplexed than she was when she woke up. "I know we just met, but can I already say, you're a pretty strange person..."

@Jeremi

"You can't be that oblivious, especially with a uniform,"
Sice replied before turning back to give Yukari another look over. "What academy are you even from?"

The hallway much like classroom was empty and void of any sign of life. The sun shone through the windows and there was still no life, they couldn't even see any birds in the trees.

@Ver

image.png

"Try me," Yukari dryly said to the first part of Sice's response, continuing to make her way through the eerily empty hallway. While spooky, empty hallways were things Yukari was familiar with after Tartarus, for some reason, it felt like a different kind of eerie when the Sun was still at least out. While the Dark Hour meant that everything was... well, dark, there was no doubt that that was the way it was supposed to be. There was no expectation that they'd run into any form of life.

But... with the Sun out like this, the day looking otherwise normal, it only begged the question; with a sign of life like the Sun to convey that the day was still alive, where were the people living under it?

"Not sure why you're asking what school I went to though. What does Gekkoukan have to do with anything?"

@Jeremi

Sice groaned, was she really this stupid? "The war that's been going on since forever? Rubrum vs the Militesi Empire? Not ringing any bells?" At the mention of the school Sice still wasn't sure what the other girl was on about. "Because that's an academy I've never heard about. You sure you didn't hit your head? Seems like there's something loose in there."

Before she could berate the pink dressed girl any more they heard a sound from down the hallway. Sice's instinctively pointed her scythe towards the sound. "I hope your weapon isn't just for show," She said before running towards where the sound was coming vanishing behind a corner.

@Ver

image.png

"Oh, God..."

Yukari couldn't help but click her tongue lightly as Sice said the darndest things. Rubrum? Militesi? She could see where this is going already. "Sorry, sorry. I would have been more considerate if I'd realized sooner you were a chuunibyou case, but now's not the time for those kinds of games right now."

Of course, before the lovely conversation could go on for much longer, it seemed to become apparent that the two of them were not in fact the only ones here. With a breath, she prepared herself in case it might be an enemy. "I could say the same for you..." She murmured mostly to herself, following Sice but keeping her distance as well. In the event that there was an enemy beyond, an archer would have to keep back after all.

@Jeremi

Once Yukari caught up to Sice was kneeling down inspecting something on the floor. Looking around Yukari could see the large window on the outer wall was broken.

Sice turned around and spotted Yukari. "Don't think we're alone." She got up revealing that she had inspected the shattered glass on the floor. "Something came in from the outside." It had to have been somewhat large considering the large piece that had shattered, but they seemed to be on the third floor of this building. What could have possibly made such a mess this high up?

@Ver

12.png

"I don't suppose it'd happen to be a wild animal or anything, huh? But... it couldn't possibly be a Shadow; not after... not after Tartarus and the Abyss were..." She whispered, even more softly murmuring the latter part to herself, before letting out a soft sigh, as though simply remembering those two places was something she'd rather not do.

"Well... What's the plan, then? I don't feel very inclined to use up all my arrows on just anything we bump into, just so you know."

@Jeremi

"You don't have to worry about your pretty little arrows. I'll cut whatever it is to ribbons before you can string your bow." As Sice said that they heard some more crashing coming further in. Once again she didn't wait on Yukari and dashed towards one of the classrooms that had its door open. "Of course..." Yukari heard Sice groan from the room and as she stepped in she could see what Sice was talking about.

Near the window there was a very large bug bumping against the window, much like how a fly tries to reach the outside. Compared to a common fly however with a bit more momentum this bug could have easily crashed through the window. "It's a fucking bug." It hadn't seen the two girls yet but Sice was clutching her scythe ready to cut it down.​

@Ver

image.png

"What the...?" Yukari could only softly utter as she caught sight of the strange insect before them, letting out a gentle gasp. She had never seen a Shadow quite like this before, but then... Something in the back of her head suggested that this couldn't possibly be a Shadow. There was just a different aura to it, but then it begged the question, what was it?

Clutching her bow and arrow tighter now, she remained behind Sice still, her brow furrowed. "Sounds like you're familiar with that kind of thing... and I take it's not very friendly?" She inquired.

@Jeremi

"What? You don't have bugs where you come from?" The sarcastic tone in Sice's voice was evident as they continued to watch the bug. However them talking seemed to have attracted its attention as it lazily turned around to face them.

It didn't need much provocation for its huge mandibles to gape wide and cause it to fly towards them ready to strike. Before Yukari could react Sice was already away slicing the bug clean in half with her weapon causing the two halves to flop lifelessly to the floor. "Too easy." She whipped the excess gunk of the scythe blade before turning back towards Yukari. "There, didn't even have to waste an arrow."

@Ver

image.png

"Nothing as big as that, and certainly nothing as freaky as that either!" Yukari just as swiftly responded as Sice was able to make quick work of it before it was able to attack either of the girls.

Even so, Yukari kept her bow drawn, keeping her guard up in case the creature before them turned out to prefer working in groups, even if Sice -- the one who seemed more familiar with them and their behavior probably -- seemed to relax more. Grimacing mildly at the blood, if she could even call it that, left behind on the scythe, Yukari tried to keep it in her stomach and faced Sice.

"I appreciate your thoughtfulness. I take it you've seen a lot of those things before?"

@Jeremi

"Not exactly like that. I didn't kill it for you either, it was just an eyesore," Sice replied casually before facing Yukari. "It's obvious some shady shit is going on right now, I don't know what it is but when I find out the cause I'm going to stomp it into a hole." With that she started to walk out of the classroom. "It's pointless to stick around here anyway, come on. Let's ditch this place."

It didn't take long for them to find the exit into the school courtyard. True enough as they had seen from the windows it seemed to be a shiny and beautiful day outside. The gates to the school were wide open and much like out inside there was no real movement at all, neither of them could even hear birds singing. The equipment outside seemed mostly untouched except for some places where heavy vines had started to grow covering a swing set completely. "That's what happens when there's no gardener around," Sice snarked before sighing. "What the fuck happened here?"

@Ver

With a resigned sigh, Yukari decided to oblige and follow around Sice, agreeing with the notion that every second they spent idling around was a second wasted, another second that they spent not knowing anything about where they were or how they got here.

As the two of them continued to traverse through the empty school and reached the courtyard, Yukari let out a deep exhale as the two of them were exposed to the vibrant sun. It definitely felt good to be out in such a bright day, but the lingering sense of unease originating from such light, where there was "supposed to be" life even though there was none, never quite went away.

Pursing her lips lightly, the girl put a hand on her hip. "You're more vulgar than you look, y'know," she started, commenting on Sice's perchance to swear as though finding distaste with it, before clearing her throat, "Anyway, your guess is as good as mine. But if there's no one around to give us answers, may as well look around some more until we bump into someone, maybe off campus?"

@Jeremi

"Yeah, don't really care about beating around the bush," Sice replied as the continued walking. "And funny, my classmates usually say I look just the way I act." They got to the gates of the school that opened up to a small suburb area with some quaint buildings and trees scattered about.

To Yukari it seemed like a picturesque smaller city somewhere in rural Japan. Even here though it was still the same. No sign of life that either of them could discern. "Shit..." Sice clutched her forehead in frustration. "This is the worst." Something that might have caught Yukari's interest however was a sign pointing towards an exit from the city, only about two kilometers. If they followed the road down to the left they should at some point reach the city limits.

@Ver

image.jpg

"Well, no use in complaining about it. C'mon, the sooner we find someone else -- especially someone who can make sense of what's going on -- around here, the better. This whole situation gives me the creeps," Yukari said, gesturing toward the sign in the distance once she took notice of it, "Let's get a move on."

As she began walking toward the sign, ideally with Sice in tow, she began to speak again. "Speaking of your classmates... What school are you from? I don't think I've seen any uniform like that before. And what was that you said about Rubrum fighting some big empire? What, is there a Dark Flame Master too?" Yukari said in a joking manner, remembering how the girl reminded Yukari of a chuunibyou case, but then... That wouldn't explain the strange power she felt from her.

Just what was going on here?

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back