The Arrangement

Elora had spent a great part of the night looking for her Prince, by the time she reached the last closet she had realized he was not there. A small part of her felt foolish for even running around the castle like some common thief searching for someone she knew wasn't there. But, she had fallen for his jest, and to say the least, she was disappointed not mad. Elora walked back to her room, dragging her feet, the grandfather clock chimed making the hallway seem to stretch. Men, they loved to jest. She had been so easily fooled yet again that he was hiding in her home, knowing full well he wouldn't even be allowed past the gates. When she reached her room she flung the door open, the smell of food hit her nose and her stomach rumbled in response.

Sighing she sat on her bed an ate, mumbling curses under her breath about a narcissistic prince. When she finished eating she placed the plate to the side just as a tender knock hit her door, Elora looked up and walked over opening the door she saw a small elven child. The small symbol on his blazer told Elora he was a messenger.

"Here you are Princess, it's a letter from the Lennox Kingdom again." Elora nodded to the boy and took the letter before politely dismissing him. So the prince had decided to write back, how daring, she thought. She walked to her bed and sat on its edge reading over the letter, she had trouble staying displeased with him. Scanning the letter she noted he mentioned a plague. Elora lowered the letter to her lap and thought for a moment, she knew nothing by the name of the plague but she had been taught about something that may have been similar to it.

Elora walked over to her desk and sat down opening her drawer to grab a notebook, from her times studying. Reaching for her quill and paper she began writing her prince.

Dear Archie,

I hope you do not mind the informality, but I see that you mentioned your brother sending word of a plague. I have learned nothing of a plague, only darkness that is quite similar. I will send you my notes from the lessons I received, I have left a small paper on the page that you are looking for. From what I can remember, it is not something as simple as plague. I would suggest you bring it to your father, though he may already know of it.

On another note, I have spent most of my night running about my home like a common thief looking for you. Suffice to say I am tired, I will give you your coppers and maybe a hit as well. I daresay that I shall answer your questions in person come the summit, this letter will be quite shorter than the rest. And my last as my father has told me to prepare to leave for the summit.

I shall call you by your name if you will permit my informalities once we are properly introduced.

Your Seamstress,
Elora

Elora yawned before sending the letter off and climbing into her bed. She was much too tired to write anymore, as the quill would slip from her fingers as she dozed off. But, she was excited about their meeting and wondered if she might talk to her father about this 'plague.'

~

Grykail nodded to King Alistair at his sympathies and watched as Cerci spoke. Cerci jumped at King Alistair's hand but was grateful for his joke and let out a smile and small chuckle. "O-of course Your Majesty." Grykail looked to Alistair and nodded his head once more, "We should take our leave to prepare. I will send word once we are done. If you wish you may prepare yourself for the summit, we should be finished by dawn." Grykail excused Cerci and himself before walking out the door. He allowed the butler to lead him to a room, noting that there was no one present thankfully. When they finally reached the room Grykail turned to the butler and thanked him before closing the door.

The room had a bed and for that he was thankful, Cerci began removing the items from their bags and placing them on a table close to the beds. Grykail helped Cerci place a blanket over the bed, a white sheet to protect the bedding. Gryakil opened a small bag filled with herbs and placed it around the edge of the room, it would prevent the ichor from leaving the area once extracted. Cerci placed a bowl on the table and filled it with water before pouring a blue liquid on it placing two rags beside it. Once they had finished setting up Grykail sat and waited from his patients to arrive. Once the doctor would arrive Gryakil would look at him.

"Please quickly place the patients on the bed. There is no time to waste."

“Okay.” Alistair spoke, watching the elves excuse themselves from his study and out into the corridor. After they left, he turned back to his letter, taking a seat to resume what he barely started before being interrupted.

Forgive me, but I’ve lost track of what I was going to write. Lord Grykail and his assistant, Cerci, have just dropped by my study to greet me. I observe that I might just be shorter than the average elf if they’re all as tall (and handsome) as his Lordship, Grykail.

I assume this will be my last letter sent out to you after this. Grykail has informed me that the procedure will take a few hours at most. The sooner we can hold the summit, the sooner we might quell the darkness that plagues my lands.

He’s interrupted again. He grunts at the knocking. In comes his messenger, bringing a parchment with a royal wax seal on it from the Commander. Alistair offered the boy a kind smile, taking it from the platter, and dismissed him back out to his duties. He broke the wax seal, his face growing grim at the unfortunate news. If it were out that far, Alistair didn’t want to think of how much the plague has spread. Saying a quick prayer to the Goddess, he picked his quill back up:

I might add that the plague may have already spread further than what I initially thought from the Haunted Forest. For this proposal, I’m quite glad I accepted now that I require your expertise in handling this delicate and dangerous matter.

My letter will be short. My duties have been interfering with writing back to you. Though I imagine I won’t have to worry about it once we exchange pleasantries in person. And congratulations on having a grandchild. I’ve also received word from my other children, four out of seven will attend to the summit. The other two are out on expeditions and sweeping the lands with the Royal Lennox Army. I hope this does not offend you, that two cannot attend. In time, I believe you’ll have the opportunity to meet them.

I look forward to our meeting.

With Great Regards,
King Alistair Lennox

As soon as he set his quill down, he rolled the parchment up and had it sent out. His duties would’ve interfered with him writing back a response. Alistair barely had the chance to pick up the book he was reading from earlier when another platter of parchments came in. He let out an inward sigh, placed the book off to the side, and started reading them over. The duties of a King were with great responsibility, burdens, and…a never-ending headache, it seemed.

Outside the castle, a carriage is bumbling down the main road, almost wrecking a few times as they pull up to the golden gates outside the castle. Presenting a formal seal to the guard had the carriage stroll on the rest of the way through without interference. When the Delafontaine soldier came galloping on through with a sick man, the gates immediately open. Wearing the insignia alone meant that it were an urgent matter. At the same time, both sick males were hoisted up the stairs—the Blackburn heir had the help of one of the Lennox Guards—and into the castle. The Butler that showed Grykail to the prepared room in the infirmary was back at the foyer, directing the soldiers through a series of corridors.

Colby vomited just outside the infirmary door, black blood came out. The Beaumont Heir looked worse than the Blackburn heir. The Butler had some servants clean it up while he continued to direct them into the prepared room. Coming in after knocking twice, they couldn’t stall any longer. A second bed, a cot, had been placed besides the other bed that was already stationed in there. The Soldiers laid them on either bed and left without inquiries. Though they were curious about elves being in the castle when the treaty wasn’t even signed.

“No one will enter or leave the infirmary wing for the time being.” The Butler relayed the information, saying it would be closed off to prying eyes. None of the servants would come in or out, only he would help serve them—if they needed it. “I will be just outside, if you need anything please let me know right away. I wish to make your visit as comfortable as possible for all our guests.” He did a deep bow before closing the doors behind him.

Colby started lurching, threatening to vomit again. He leaned over the side of the bed and did so. More black ichor came sprawling out of his mouth, redecorating the marble floors with a fresh paint job. He slumped back into the bed again. The black plague was already on his neck, the tendrils could be seen working its way, slowly, up to his cheek and jawline.

“I fear we have little time left for Colby. I’ve managed to stave off the plague from my own patient.” The Physician spoke, doing a sheepish bow and introducing himself, “I-I’m Doctor Emerson. Please do all that you can. I will help with whatever you wish me to do.”

Archie was biting into an apple he snatched from the kitchens. He was back in his barracks packing away his things. Alistair wanted his son to remain at the castle for the time being. Not like he wanted to return to a place he no longer called home, but he was more comfortable staying in the barracks. After a heated argument with Rolant, he managed to get persuaded in leaving. The Soldier knew nothing about packing away clothes properly, so he tossed them all into his trunk; many just being tunics and pants with tears in them from training. For the tunic woven together by his betrothed, he folded it away into some tarp and put it in with the rest of his things.

His messenger, Egg, was locked away in the cage that was given to him. The Eagle looked none too happy to be put away like some common pet. This bird had more sass than him, and he was always ruffling his feathers whenever the Prince tried to talk to it. In came flying a dove with a letter attached to its leg, Archie clasped the locks shut on his single trunk and looked over to the windowsill.

“Honey, what have you brought me?” He asked the white bird who looked happy for whatever reason.

Gently, he took the parchment off her leg and unrolled it. A shorter letter than the previous ones sent. Chuckling softly at the last paragraph. After finishing reading it, he tucked it away into his bag with the others. Archie figured he’d take these around with him, mostly to keep from nosy bees and to stop the relentless teasing of his best friend. Archie had a messenger come and take away the Dove to take to the Castle who would be treated fairly. Gripping the handle of his bag, Archie picked up the cage of the Falcon in his other hand. He walked to the entrance of his chambers, sparing one last glance at it like he was leaving forever. It was bare now. Most of his other things were already taken away earlier in the day.

Now, he only had his luggage and Egg left. “See you soon, Elora.” Archie left the door open, his footsteps echoed off the corridors. He receded further and further from the bare room until he turned and was out of sight. Sunlight filtered into the room, it was an orange hue meaning the day was just ending. Then, by chance a small jay had appeared on his windowsill, it started singing and then shot out into the orange, red, and yellow skies. The song would carry across to the other birds in the area and into the winds.

Last edited:
Kolvar received Alistair's letter after dinner, reading it over he knew that the plague would spread if measures were not taken. Grykail would fix the two men at the lord's palace, but everywhere else would take much more. They had already packed and were set to leave at dawn, he knew it would be finished by then. He picked up his quill his lovely wife laying her head on his shoulder he carefully began writing his last letter, careful not to stir her from her dreams.

To King Alistair,

I agree that this will be my last letter before we meet. Lord Grykail is by far the tallest of our elven kind. Though his handsomeness comes fro his mother surely. By the time you receive this letter, I am positive Grykail will be finishing the procedure. By dawn my family will be leaving towards the place of the summit.

During the summit we will discuss the methods to quell this darkness, though I am not certain how far it has reached itself into my own territory. Uluc will have an answer for that. As for your children, we will meet in time. There is no offense in them serving their country.

I look forward to our summit.

Best Wishes,
King Blaric

~

Grykail heard the boy vomit outside the room and clasped his hands together, for one of the men it seemed that the darkness had progressed greatly. He nodded to the soldiers and was happy they asked nothing. Looking at the butler her nodded, "Thank you."

Cerci quickly grabbed the bowl of water when the boy lurched. Grykail moved to pour a powder over the ichor to make it easier for them to clean later. Cerci grabbed a towel and wiped the boys face with the liquid, Grykail handed a bowl and towel to the doctor as well.

"Any time left will be time enough. Thank you for being here Dr. Emerson, Please wipe this liquid on your patient's skin. It is a water with a herbal solution to keep their fever at bay." Grykail removed his jacket and rolled up his sleeve tossing his jacket to the side. He pulled the small liquid capsule from his pocket and poured it into another container.

Grykail grabbed the scalpel from the table and sat the container on the table in its place, looking at Dr. Emerson seriously he spoke. "Dr. Emerson, I only have one request. Do not speak of this procedure to anyone not even the your wife. This is a sacred ritual, and it is very private." After getting the doctor's confirmation he slid the scalpel across his palm, he didn't bother seeing the doctor's reaction. Cerci were still using the liquid and patting the heir with the water, he grabbed the bad of herbs they were the same that lined the room and did the same to the other patient.

Grykail squeezed his palm, the red blood pouring into the cup and some running down his arm as well. When he decided he had enough of the liquid in the cup he wrapped his hand for the time being. "You will take half of this mixture and give it to your patient. DO not stop until the liquid is finished. I will begin the chants, do not speak please." Cerci moved and poured half the liquid into a cup and handed it to the doctor taking his own and starting to fee it t hm patient. Grykail waited until Dr. Emerson began giving his own to his patient and begun his chant. His eyes lit up red, almost glowing and a series of tribal tattoos ran up his arms.

"Í guðlegu nafni gyðjunnar Kaia, sem andar lífi okkar allra. Ég helga og fylla þessa bolla með töfra mínum, blóði mínu. Illur andi sem eyðir þessum líkama, það er kominn tími til að þú hafir fallið þitt mesta. Farðu aftur í heljarinnar helvíti, þú illt ástand. Ég útlægi þig með þessum heilaga vökva! Þættir Gaia, vinsamlegast komdu fram! Ég kalla þig, vinda vestan hafs, austurland, haf norðursins og anda suðurs! Ég ákalla gyðjuna til að vernda þessar sálir! Og svo skal það vera! " His voice seemed to echo in the small room, the black liquid would began moving itself from the body veins up their throats. Cerci finished giving the liquid and stood beside Gryakil repeating the last few sentences of the chant with his lord, his own hair seeming to lift itself and his eyes seeming to glow as well. The ichor would cause the boss to choke and ultimately vomit once again, the ichor sounding like a screech piercing ears.

Cerci moved as he chanted and poured the liquid he had doused on the heir's body on top of the ichor making it screech and seem to dissolve, he expected Dr. Emerson to copy but walked over to help just in case. Grykail finished his chant, and his appearance, as well as Cerci's, slowly went back to normal. He turned to Dr. Emerson,
"Now they are free of the poison that plagued their bodies, what must happen now is they recover. I have aided in their healing with my magic as well as Cerci's but it is going to take a lot for them to heal. If you would tell the butler to inform his majesty that it is done, dawn is approaching and I plan to keep my word."

As the day gave way to night, the King was all but ready to head back to his chambers. However, one last message would make its way through. The Messenger arrived just as he was locking up his study. He spared a glance to the letter, noting the insignia of wax from the Elven Empire. He plucked it out of the boy’s hands, “Go on, go to bed early.” He dismissed the callow boy who scurried out of there. Alistair grown accustomed to the messengers, always afraid of looking him in the eye even as he told him it was quite alright.

Breaking the wax seal, he read it out in the corridor. A smile graced his tired face. He closed it back up and kept with him as he returned to his chambers. Where his Wife, Calliope, was waiting for him in bed. She was tucked away under the layers of blankets, a book in her hands with a candle lighting beside the four-poster master bed.

The Physician nodded, taking the liquid to soak into a clean handkerchief. He realised that he scrambled to get the Blackburn heir straight away to the Lennox Kingdom after reading his Majesty’s letter. In that, he had forgotten vital tools to bring along with him. He rolled up the tunic and started wiping it along the sick male’s side; it struck this heir in the side by something foul and dark that took the shape of a wolf.

He spared a glance to the elf that spoke to him, nodding furiously to him, “I-I won’t.” The elder male said, watching the elf willingly slice open his own skin. Rather than be shocked at the action, he wanted to treat the wound right away. Only stopping himself as the Blackburn heir grab his arm and yank him down to murmur something into his ear. Then, brought back to be given further instruction on what to do. He took the cup, making sure not to spill it as he moved beside his patient. Bringing the liquid to the boy’s lips, he forced his jaw open, looking at the Blackburn heir, who started drinking it as he poured it into his mouth.

Dr Emerson kept his eyes on the Blackburn heir, out of fear and respect to the Elves. The language he was hearing with his own ears, he couldn’t place it. But he didn’t speak, letting his own thoughts occupy his mind while he poured the rest of the liquid down his patient’s throat. He put the container aside and watched as the black ichor in the heir’s side started moving upwards. Emerson’s eyes grew wide. No sound came out as his jaw went slack. By the will of the Elves’ procedure it was forced up to the Blackburn heir’s mouth, and he convulsed. Dr Emerson staggered back, watching as the black plague came out onto his chest. He was too shocked to continue any further with the… He continued backing until he hit the wall. The screeching sounds embedded forever into his ears. Emerson watched as the Elf poured something on his patient and the plague all but dissolved in his own sights.

The Doctor looked to the Elf, speaking to him again. Then, back to his patient, who looked better but still worse for wear. Beads of sweat had clung to every surface of the boy’s body. Emerson nodded slightly to his words, “T-thank you.” He murmured under his breath.

Last edited:
Cerci nodded to his lord and wiped his hands before opening the door and closing it behind him, he looked at the butler and smiled sheepishly. "U-uhm Lord Grykail asked if you would please inform His Majesty that the men are cleansed of this virus. A-as well as something to drink and something soft on the stomach for the patients. P-please." Cerci nodded to the butler and retreated back into the room walking to his lord. He looked at Lord Grykail's hand and took it in his own. "My Lord you are quite careless of yourself when it comes to saving others. Sarya would have your head at the summit if I didn't heal you." Cerci whispered something inaudible as his hair lit up once more. After his whispers ended Cerci moved his hand from his Lord's. Grykail smiled and patted the boy's shoulder as he unwrapped his hand the wound noticeably closed and healing.

"Thank you Cerci." Grykail turned to Dr. Emerson and held his hands behind his back staring down at the man and smiling, "Thank you for your assistance, I am sure you must be quite shaken by what you have seen today. but, I assure you that without your help we would not have been able to save them both. And had you not subdued the poison it may have been much worse." He placed a hand on the man's shoulder. "The men will pull through, I have learned in my many years. Humans have a will we cannot match." Grykail let his hand fall and turned to assist Cerci in putting things away.

When the butler arrived with the drink and softer foods for the patient's Grykail thanked him and turned to the doctor. "When they awake give them these and mix this solution into it beforehand. It will speed up their healing and strengthen them as well." Cerci handed the doctor a small green vial and Gryakil sat the refreshments on the table in place of his bag.

"We will be taking our leave now. But, you may call upon me should you have any questions." Grykail bowed his head to the man grabbing his bag, Cerci followed behind nodding his head as well to the man before they both left the room. They thanked the butler and were led to the front of the caste where their horses were. Grykail and Cerci lifted themselves onto their horses and rode off towards the meeting place of the summit. They had much to discuss with Kolvar before the meeting begun.

~

Elora looked out the window of the royal carriage her father had instructed her and her brother Aiduin to ride in. Aiduin was sleeping, having stayed up the night before reading a book about fighting styles. Elora was nervous, today was the day that they would meet. She had dressed in a green and white silk dress the town's tailor had made her. It was adorned with golden linings along with it. And she was wearing the crown her parents had given her. A light green emerald hung above her brows in the space between them.

Elora had woken up early to make sure she had brushed her hair and gotten ready for their trip. She had packed his letters safely in her satchel, mostly so her siblings couldn't find them and tease her about it later. Naexi had left after the baby was born to meet Strolvac, and Katyr and Sarya would be riding in a different carriage with their child. Her father and mother along with her aunt were also in a separate carriage. The ride was long, they had to pass through the town to reach Lord Uluc's territory.

As they passed through the vast area they came upon the town, people waved as they rode through passing over a bump made Elora jump and Aiduin got knocked from his seat which caused Elora to burst into a fit of laughter. It wasn't long after the arrived at the lodge. Each carriage stopped, first her parents, and then her elder brother and his family, and finally their carriage. She stepped out and looked at the lodge. Strolvac and Naexi were standing in front of it admiring the small new member of the family in Sarya's arms. Lord Uluc was hugging Kolvar, and he congratulated them on the job well done. Her mother and aunt were chatting with Kedori.

Elora pushed Aiduin out of the carriage he stumbled and glared at her, she stuck out her tongue and stepped out of the carriage. Lord Grykail was nowhere to be seen yet. Her father and Lord Uluc piled into the lodge, everyone else followed suit. Elora decided she would sit at the table and wait for the humans to arrive.

A little while after they piled in Grykail came bustling through the doors, he smiled and greeted everyone talking in a hushed voice to the other lords. Elora sat looking around at her family, and family's friends smiling. It was nice to see everyone in one place.

The Butler heard the door opening; he composed himself a formal position. The small Elf who looked more intimidated by him as he talked. The Butler had bowed, nodded, and started down the corridor to do his bidding. Inside the room, the physician was still getting over the ritual that had taken place. He looked up at the taller Elf, talking to him again. He looked to the hand on his shoulder and back to Lord Grykail, “Thank you, again.” He finally spoke.

He finally shook out of his shock state, watching as he placed a small green vial in his hands, “O-okay.” Emerson nods. Dipping into a half-bend to return the respect to the Elves. As soon as he left, the Doctor turned to the two heirs. Emerson would send out a letter to both respective houses, knowing they would still be worried about their sons. For the moment, he would have to take a seat at one of the provided chairs and lean into his elbows to catch his breath.

In the morning, the sunlight spilled into the same room. Doctor Emerson had broken out of his slumber, jolting awake to find the males both still sleeping. He went about to pressing a cool cloth to their foreheads. Just a day ago, one was on the verge of death and the other slowly inching towards it. Now, the colour returned to their bodies, and they were without a trace of the plague. This sent the Physician into wondering if the Haunted Forest were the source of this darkness or if it had already spread throughout the lands.

The Castle outside the infirmary wing was bustling with activity. The servants were especially busier than usual. Whispers and murmurs spread throughout the castle, a majority of them talking of the Eldest Prince’s late-night activities in the baths. Turns out there were peeping toms among the servants. The other whispers were mostly pertaining to the hectic, cramped schedule that was prepared at the last minute. The Head Butler woke every servant up at the fourth unholy hour in the morning. The sun wasn’t even awake yet. Many of them complained of the sudden wake-up call, but quashed them the moment they realised that it was a special moment. For the Royal Lennox Family would head out to The Summit of Gaia.

The Head Butler went around, ensuring everything was going according to schedule. The one problem was waking up the Princes. Calliope and Alistair were already awake when he got there. They were talking of the summit and how to prepare for a formal event. The Butler made his way throughout the halls of the Castle, finding himself outside the last Prince to be awoken; Prince Archie. He was temporarily placed in a guest bedroom; it was much smaller than his last bedroom, and the Butler apologised more than a dozen times even as the Prince said he didn’t mind.

With a white-gloved hand, he brought his fist to the door and rapped on it a few times. Nothing. He knocked harder, still nothing. He opened the door, finding a half-naked Prince still slumbering away in la la land. ‘No wonder he wasn’t awake,’ The Butler thought as the large, blackout curtains were pulled shut. He walked into the medium-sized room and over to the curtains, pulling them wide open. The sun came spilling in to greet the Prince’s face, causing him to scrunch his face up, grumbling out incoherent words, and turned over on the other side to sleep again.

The Butler came over, “Prince Archie, you don’t wish to feel the Queen’s ire on the day of The Summit.” He spoke loudly.

Archie sat up, sending the layers over to the side, and hopped out of bed. His locks a tangled mess, he stretched out his limbs to hear the many cracks. Letting out a groan of relief just by hearing them, “Why, Seamus, I’m surprised you still work for my parents.” He says hoarsely.

“They’re good rulers. I enjoy my job.” Seamus, The Head Butler retorts. He heads over to the table and pours water for the Prince in a crystal glass. Bringing it over to Archie, who looks up at him, “Thanks, man. I’ll be sure to put you in my will for when I die.” He joked.

Seamus was not in a joking manner, “Prince Archie, if you would resume getting ready for the Summit. I might take you up on that offer. You’re already the last one to awake and your parents are already awake before the sun rose.” He says, moving around to the entrance.

“Same to you, Seamus. Same to you.” He raises his glass in the air as if clinking glasses with him and takes a quick sip. The Butler leaves to resume his duties now that Archie’s awake.

Archie looked around, already noting more than half of his luggage already gone. Apparently the servants were up and about already. He could admit that it felt weird to have others doing things for him. He spent a better part of his late adolescence and past adulthood years into serving himself. He found it better to do things himself than to have someone else do it for him. It felt foreign. Placing the glass aside on the nightstand, he fully stood up and started getting ready. Archie put the tunic on that was made by Elora, with a forest green leather vest over it. He rolled the sleeves up to his elbows, his left forearm was covered in ink while the right was scarred from the war and training.

Do I put on something comfortable or do I pay for it looking good?’ He thought for a moment, his pointer tapping against his chin.

“Mother will be sorely disappointed in me.” He said to no one. He put on some less formal, black pants made from the local seamstress’ shop. Putting on some boots that weren’t worn and clasped his belts onto his waist. The hems of his pants tucked into the boots. Archie then made a parting on the left side of his platinum locks, using some locally made gel to fix his hair, which looked more unkempt; a bedroom look, if you could call it that. Looking into the mirror, much clearer and longer than his entire body, Archie double-looked over his image. Giving himself a wink then grabbed his crown to play with in his hands. Once he emerged from the rooms, a servant was already out there waiting for him.

“My Prince, they’re all awaiting you out on the front lawn.” She muttered.

“Thank you. I…might need help to get there.” He admitted.

His message conveyed as something else. The Maid Servant becoming red in the cheeks as she swiftly turned and told him to follow her. They made idle chat about what was going on; she relayed how early she was awakened than usual. And before they both knew it, they arrived outside to the lavishly made carriages out in the circular driveway.

“Thank you for the help, again.” He gave her a smile and entered the carriage that had his parents in. Once he entered and made himself comfortable. The door shut and so were the carriages moving towards their destination.

“You should’ve worn the outfit I picked out for you.” His Mother chided him. She started fixing the out-of-place shirt, improperly tucked, and his boots looking less extravagant than his fathers.

“Leave him be, Dearie.” Alistair said to his Wife, taking her hand into his.

“Yeah, mom. Listen to dad.” He joked. Calliope smacked her son on the shoulder.

“Why! This is—” Calliope had her mouth covered.

“Calliope. This is a big day for all of us, everyone.” Alistair says as his hand is removed. “And besides, Archie always had an independent, unique way of getting what he wants. I’m only glad he’s humble enough to put his people over his own happiness. But it doesn’t hurt to self-indulge in fun activities, my boy.” He spared his son a knowing look.

“If it counts, Rolant’s always dragging me away to the Raven. Technically, I’m self-indulging.” He counteracts.

They continue like this, catching up on times that have passed. Alistair expressed a few opinions about Archie’s choice of clothing, even to his tatted arm. Which Archie could say the same about that old man’s beard he was wearing. They then started reminiscing on old times before his other siblings were born, then up into his adolescence. They continued exchanging stories until the carriage stopped.

“We’re here, My King.” The Driver said, opening the door to reveal a lodging. It was beautifully constructed. Alistair was the first to step out, sporting the most extravagant of clothes he had, his dark locks put into a half ponytail and braids added throughout them, even his beard. Then came Calliope, looking much younger than her husband. Her long, platinum locks were woven into a well-made braided bun that sat atop her head, a beautiful golden crown to top off her formal, long dress. Last came Archie last from their carriage, wearing quite possibly the less extravagant clothes out of them all.

“This way, My Majesties.” The Butler, Seamus, had arrived earlier than they left. He already made himself familiar with the lodging, already memorising the windows, halls, and even where their quarters would be.

The First three entering, The Queen, King, and Eldest Prince towards the central meeting room. Behind the large opulent doors, they would groan open. Seamus would announce them, “Presenting King Alistair Lennox, Queen Calliope Lennox, and their chosen heir, Prince Archie Lennox of the Human Nations and Kingdom of Lennox.”

Archie watched his parents lock arms and enter the room, holding everyone’s attention as soon as they emerged from behind the doors. Archie came strolling in behind them, placing the crown on his head to finish his lazy look. He couldn’t calm his heart, but put on a smile enough to charm an entire Kingdom. He couldn’t help but smile brighter at the Elves looking at him. Archie couldn’t deny how beautiful they all looked, making them seem like trolls in extravagant clothing. Among the large opulent room, he scanned the faces, finding the one who he would call his soon. She was even more beautiful than in the photo. His breath hitched as he went to go sit next to his mother. Across from the Elves, he was looking at Elora. When they locked gazes, he gave her a wink.

Last edited:
Lord Grykail smiled at Kolvar and Uluc, "The procedure was a success. Both men are safe now and will recover successfully. Though I fear the doctor that was there may be a bit shaken up from the whole ordeal."
Kolvar clapped his hand on his friend's shoulder and smiled at him thankfully, "Thank you Grykail. I know how difficult it must have been for you. But I assure you that their families will be grateful."
Uluc looked at the pair and crossed his arms rolling his eyes, "Enough sentimental words we must discuss what we plan to say once the human royals arrive."

While the men discussed Alaisanna had Cerci and Kedori set up refreshments for their guests. Zestarri smiled and the pair of sisters helped set up the table. Happy with the decorations they had suggested for the interior. Alaisanna laid her books on the table, a record of their own elven history. She walked over to her sister and smiled, "Elora says the queen enjoys tea, and that she values etiquette just as we do Zestarri. I believe I may get along with the King's wife more than him" Alaisanna chuckled playfully and Zestarri shook her head linking arms with her sister as they went to finish helped Kedori.

Sarya was rocking the small child to sleep, singing an old elvish lullaby quietly. Naexi was beside her watching with loving eyes. "Oh Sarya, he is lovely. He has your hair and my brother's eyes. Oh, he will surely break young maidens' hearts when he is older." Naexi whispered to her sister in law brushing a strand on purple hair from her face.

"Aye Naexi, I wonder what your children will look like when you and Strolvac marry." Sarya teased and Naexi blushed pushing her lightly careful not to jar the sleeping child from his rest. Naexi glanced at Strolvac and smiled waving a hand to him, he blew her a kiss. Strolvac was talking to Katyr about married life and their times as children. They had all been playmates when they were younger.

Aiduin was teasing Elora, she was trying her best to hold her temper. Just as she went to kick him the Butler could b heard introducing the royal Lennox family. The Elves quickly made their way to their seats, watching as the royals walked in the room. Elora looked at the King and then the beautiful Queen that followed and finally her eyes landed on him. Archie, she smiled noticing that he was wearing the shirt she had made. He looked a lot more like a common soldier than a prince, but it suited him. The Elves stood and bowed or curtsied to the family before sitting again. Elora was seated between her elder brothers, they had probably chosen these seats to watch the prince during the meeting. Aiduin looked at the prince then leaned to Elora whispering in her ear. "My dear sister. You darling prince is here." Elora flushed and glared at him kicking him under the table resulting in him holding his shin and glaring at her. She felt eyes on her and turned her head glancing at Archie and giving a small shy smile. Katyr noticed his sister glance and frowned crossing his arms. He narrowed his eyes at the boy and looked at his sister.

King Kolvar smiled and was the first to speak, "Welcome King Alistair, Queen Lennox, and Young Prince. We are pleased to finally be able to meet you. This is my wife, Zestarri-" Zestarri smile and nodded her head as she was gestured to, "And these are my children; Katyr, the eldest, and his wife Sarya with our newest addition to the family-" Katyr let his narrowed eyes turn into a smile and held his arm around Sarya as they bowed their heads politely. "My second oldest Naexi, and her betrothed. Strolvac son of Lord Uluc." They follow suit and bowed their heads Naexi smiling at them her violet eyes shining. "And finally my youngest children, Aiduin, and Elora." He gesture to the pair and Elora bowed her head shoving Aiduin so he could bow his head as well. When she lifted her gaze her eyes met with Archie's and she smiled staring at him from under her lashes.

"And these are my Lords. Queen Alaisanna of the West, Lord Uluc of the East, and as you've already met; Lord Grykail of the South." Each lord took their turn bowing their heads in respect to the family.

Alistair gave a warm smile, nodding off to the Elves he was introducing. The King of the Human Nations formally stood, giving a deep bow before introducing himself officially, “Thank you for the kind letters and for proposing such a grand treaty. I am King Alistair, but I’m not most important- no. First, let me introduce my lovely Wife and first love, Calliope.” Despite her qualms, Queen Calliope gave a slight bow, dipping her head subtly then giving a quick smile. “And…I don’t wish to offend anyone, but I will introduce the rest of my family somewhere down the coming days.” Alistair said, giving an apologetic smile.

He sat back down, “Let me introduce King Delafontaine.” As if on cue, the doors came open with a slight thud to the newly made walls. An older male, looking stoic, and like he’d been in more wars than he could imagine, came strolling in. His grey hair spills around him, beard freshly cut to look more ‘presentable’ yet a sizeable portion of it still clings to his face, and a large golden crown dons his head. Pierre is older, yet moves around like he’s in his 20s. Besides him is his second wife, Emeligne Delafontaine. She wears a golden crown that sits perfectly atop her head, dark brown dreadlocks spill down her back with several golden links on each dread. Emeligne holds a deep, tense air about her, her eyes capture the soul to those that catch them lingering on them. “His Wife, Emeligne Delafontaine.” Alistair says, continuing down the line with two more appearing behind them.

“Accompanying them is their daughter and heir to the Delafontaine Throne, Lily Delafontaine.” After Pierre and Emeligne take their seats at the table, their daughter is strolling in. A younger and spitting image of her mother, wearing a flowing, intricately made dress and cloak, she wears no crown, instead ops for wearing gold cuff links to the several dreads that are tied up in her brown, curls that flow down her back. “…and their personal guard, Solana.” In walks behind Lily is an Elven Woman, she’s lighter than the royals, wears tattoos across her face, and has an undercut. The Elf Guard is likely a halfling. She wears a white, simple sleeveless shirt with a collar that covers half of her neck, a golden necklace covers over the chest area. She has golden, honey irises that are sharp. She keeps a step behind the Princess and joins her side at the table.

“And last, but not least; My Council of Advisors. My War Commander, Hallr,” In comes a large, bulky greying older male wearing armour, “My Diplomat, Aston.” A skinny, yet average built male comes in, an air of elegance about him, “and My Spymaster, Hulda.” She’s taller than Aston, lining in step beside the diplomat, she wears a beautiful attire, not knowing she’s in armour and always armed.

King Alistair sits back down, “Now, I humbly apologise again for not introducing my children first, but I feel we should get the introductions of the others out there first.” He folds his hands on the smooth surface of the table, “I figure we can familiarise ourselves as the Summit goes along. Now, for the deal, you propose…”

As the King continues to talk with the other King, the children of Alistair are all but exchanging opinions in whispers. Archie sits besides his Mother, who is on his left side, and his twin is on his right side. He’s leaning to the left, whispering descriptions to his blind sister. She turns her head slightly to face him, Archie never got used to seeing it since it’s only been a few days at most since she showed up. And he didn’t even have time to talk to his brother, Levian, who’s been sizing up the Elves on the other side of this long, large table.

“…Elora believes you two can become familiar with one another. That’s what she wrote to me.” Archie relays mentioning that part.

As if she could see, her head turns toward Elora, “She may save face to fiddle your heart, brother.” She murmurs back.

“How do you know unless you greet her officially?” He counteracts.

“I will see when Father’s done with his one hundred-year introductions to the Elves.” Anastasia says, her head turns down. In her mind, she pondered if the new face mask she wore surprised anyone else. Not only that, her hands were clenched in tight fists in her lap. Behind the mask and veiled words, Anastasia harboured ill-intent for the Elves and this treaty. Mainly because…something unspeakable happened to her while she was on an expedition, and it’s an event she promised to never retell, despite it paining her so.

Last edited:
Kolvar, as well as everyone else, could feel the tension in the air when the Delafontaine's walked into the room. Even the elves had to admit that the Delafontaine women were exotic beauties. What had surprised them even more what their halfling guard, before this treaty they may have considered the girl a traitor. Seeing the halfling was much to Alaisanna's displeasure, though she hid it well. It wasn't that they hated halflings, it was the choice between sides they hated. Alaisanna saw halflings that chose humans were traitors to their kind. Now that the treaty was to be written Alaisanna would have to let her ill-will for them rest.

Lord Uluc watched the advisors walk-in amused, compared to the humans they all looked like lean weaklings, besides Kolvar of course. Of course, it is known that it was far from the truth. Though Elves had slimmer appearances, for the most part, they packed quite the punch. Uluc much like Alaisanna held no interest in the humans, but he had decided to lay his qualms aside for the time being. He thought it was humorous how the human's age showed so easily, while he was a few centuries old still looking like he was 21 summers old.

The lords listened to their new comrades and kept pleasant faces, Zestarri watched them with interest and smiled occasionally when her eyes met Calliopes or any of the other women that sat around the table. A little after King Alistair introduced hir warlords, Cerci and Kedori made their way into the room with trays of drinks and food. Cerci carried a tray of small sandwiches, fruits, and cheeses with two hands. He was nervous, a room full of royals, and not to mention he could practically slice the tension with a knife once the Delfontaines walked in the room. Kedori followed him with a stack of small golden plates in one hand and a tray of glasses filled with fruitful wine, and juice for those that preferred. Kedori was a little less nervous, but that didn't ease her worries. Normally she would serve the twins first, making her way to her elven lords. But, she had been instructed to serve, or at least try, the humans first.

Kedori walked over to the mass of human royalty and bowed her head giving a small curtsy and held out her hands, Cerci followed close behind. "Excuse me, Your Majesties, would you like a small refreshment. I'm sure you ll must have had a long journey." Kedori smiled, she knew her appearance might seem a bit strange to humans but she held no discontent towards them. She like many others only wished for peace.

While Kedori and Cerci served everyone and the kings chatted Aiduin, Katyr and Elora spoke to each other in hushed whispers. "I don't trust him. Elora, he could have just played you...you know that." Katyr frowned at his younger sister and crossed his arms, she shot him a glare and looked at the table.

"I know you're worried. But, regardless this is something I have agreed to. If his intentions were to deceive me then so be it. But, I will not break my promise to father...And if his words were true in his letters, then all the more reason to find out." Elora sighed and lifted her gaze across the table, just as Anastasia turned her head. Elora tensed up before quickly looking at her hands. Elora was feeling flushed and she was nervous, she had never tried to make friends before. Spending most of her time isolated she feared she may be socially inept. Aiduin noticed his sister tense up and ruffled her hair smiling at her, she pulled her gaze to meet his. "You worry too much sister. Who wouldn't like a big-headed troll like you?" He gave her a small chuckle and she smiled in return grateful for her brothers teasing.

Kolvar smiled when he began to mention the agreement, "Aye King Alistair, while we discuss politics might we leave the children to converse?" He waited for his companion's response before speaking, "As we have discussed we are willing to share our resources, as well as our magics. Queen Alaisanna has a vast abundance of Gaian minerals, and she has agreed to share the metals they use as armor. Lord Uluc has a rare wood source, to which I believe you all are familiar. And an elite brigade of spies. Lord Grykail has access to rare Gaian metals in his mines, and a magics he is willing to share knowledge of. And I shall share my access to the ports, as well as my magics and any supplies we see fit. "

Pierre couldn’t believe it himself when he took a seat at the table, his shoulder near bumping into Alistair’s. He looked over each face of those who killed his men, those who snuffed out his own loved ones, and those who were suspicious. He didn’t need to hide behind a mask, unlike the Elves, and showed his expressed distaste of those pointy knife ears sitting across from him. Though it was more of a disliking towards events in the past, but it was a grudge he couldn’t let go. Even as his son-in-law was talking with the Elven King, he assumed was the redhead sitting in the middle of the others.

Emeligne placed her hand over his on the table, leaned to his side and whispered sweet words into his ear. His second wife, he was great to have met right after his first love died giving birth to his first daughter, Calliope. Emeligne knew just what to say to him. One could see him visibly relaxing in her comfort, but as soon as he turned away to greet the others, he was neutral. “Finally, to meet you, Kolvar.” His voice was deep, low, and with a subtle hint of tension to it.

Alistair turned to the female elf, presenting a golden platter of assorted delicacies on it. With a warm smile, he took two of everything for his wife and he. “Thank you.” He responded warmly. However, for Pierre he was given a trembling male elfin, who looked more feminine, if not, than the female elf servant to Alistair. He held up his hand, waving him away. He needn’t exchange pleasantries to an elf who was only meant to serve them during this time. For his Wife, though she was of the same mind as her husband, she took two of each, “Thank you, Elf.” She held no warmth in her voice. It was a cold thanks. On the Humans’ side of the long-table, many of them took the refreshments, while some dismissed them. Rather having to keep their pride than be served food provided by the Elves.

Alistair bit into the sandwich, savouring the exquisite flavours, downing it with some wine, “Yes.” He agreed to Kolvar’s request. With a raise of his hand, Seamus came over to his side, “Seamus, be a dear and show the children out. I presume you’re familiar with the lodging already.”

Seamus bows and sharply turns towards the children lining down his right side, starting from Archie and ending at Lorcan, “Please follow me out to the accommodating lounging area. There, you can familiarise yourself with one another or talk among yourselves while the Summit takes place. If you need anything, don’t hesitate to call for me.” Seamus says.

Archie helps his twin, guiding her out of the large, opulent room to follow after the Butler. Leo, Levian, and Lorcan are all in step behind the two. Some of his brothers give one glance back at the royals before heading out altogether. Seamus shows them to a room near to the central meeting room. In there is a large, natural window in built on either side of the building, giving views of the lands from either Kingdom. Lorcan is the first to run up to the window on the side of the Elves’ lands, expressing out in awe at the sprawling fields before them that stops before a snow-capped mountain. The one to join him is Levian, who just arrived at the lodging of sorts. Not even a chance to meet the Elves in the meeting room.

“Lorcan, what do you like about this view?” He asks a wise question to his younger brother.

Lorcan looks up, seeing his brother who overshadows him in height. His hands are clasped behind his back, and brown curls are combed to shape his face with a fringe at the front to hide his forehead. He looks back to the view, his voice practically teeming with excitement.

“The Mountain!” He exclaims, pointing only so far towards the looming snow-capped mountain hanging in the background.

Levian offers a slight smile and ruffles his hair, “Do you want to know something about the Elves?” He asks something else.

“What?” Lorcan doesn’t look away.

“Atop that mountain is a guardian.” Levian says in a light tone that elicits a story coming on.

“What kind of guardian? Is it like Solana?” He inquires back.

Levian places a palm on his shoulder, “No, Lorcan. It’s a giant guardian. The Elves are uniquely guarded by colossal giants made of many elements.”

Lorcan snaps his head up at his brother, “Giants? I thought they were myth?” He tilts his head.

“Technically, they are mythical creatures. But these are different giant creatures. There’s one that lives on the mountain.”

“And how do you know all this?” This question gives Levi another smile, “In my adventures away from home.” Is all he can muster up. Their reunion is broken up by Leo waltzing on over and gets Levian in a headlock. The two are in a wrestling match, earning giggles from their youngest brother, Lorcan.

While they were talking near the window, Archie and Anastasia were on the other side of the room. From their window, they could hear their peoples just outside the gates in place around the area. The smells of local foods waft into the room, Anastasia took a sniff of the air, “Pastries and soup.” She murmurs.

Archie’s sitting on the sill, looking back to the sprawling forest that blocked out much of the view of their own lands. But just above the tree line you could spot houses and desert beyond that. The South had a unique position between Gaia, near in the heart of it with many elements on all their borders. It made Archie miss faint memories of the castle existing on a hilltop side, a waterfall that spilled into an ocean deep below.

“Did you miss home, Ana?” He asked. There was a feeling he had that he knew she did.

Anastasia coldly smiled, “You could say that. Being in the south, it’s a harsh reality for the commoners, who have to live in fear from…” She trails off, not wanting to say any more than that. “But I am glad that they won’t have to live in fear anymore, that’s if Father can even have a deal to agree to.”

Archie places a comforting hand against her back and rubs small circles, then letting his hand fall back to the sill, “I’m sure you’ve missed home. I promise to see our people no longer suffer. I’ve seen it for myself.” He recalls the past, faces forever stained in his memory. He looks to his twin, “Aside from what-ifs, did you learn what you needed to at the college?” From there, they would continue a conversation only they would understand.

Last edited:
Alaisanna and Uluc were the only two to notice Pierre's expression, the every so often glanced at him. Kolvar looked at Pierre and nodded his head politely. "And you as well, Lord Delafontaine." While Kedori and Cerci served the humans, the elves watched them with careful eyes. It was apparent to Alaisanna that Pierre held no interest in being served by their kind. And even more so when his wife thanked Cerci with distaste. She couldn't help the scowl that passed over her features. She noticed it continued occasionally as Kedori and Cerci circled the table. Zestarri noticed her sister's unsatisfied scowl and followed her gaze before laying and hand over her sisters to send so ease in her direction. Alaisanna's glare softened but did not disappear, she simply pulled her gaze from the humans.

The young heirs looked at the butler, Kedori asked Cerci to follow the young heirs, should they need anything. He gratefully nodded and scurried off into the lodging waiting patiently off to the side. The younger elven heirs stood bowing politely to their parents and the human adults before following sit once the humans had left the table. Naexi and Strolvac entered the room first, walking to the other window opposite the room looking out upon the human's kingdom. "Strolvac, do you think humans also have guardians?" She tilted her head and looked up at him. Strolvac shook his head and held her close in one arm, "No my love. There are only four guardians left, and each guard the four Elven kingdoms." Naexi thought about ti for a moment before sighing and leaning against him, they talked more about what they thought the man kingdoms might hold similar.

Sarya and Katyr walked in with the baby after them, sitting in the corner as the baby slept quietly. Katyr watched his younger sister Elora closely, he trusts the humans less than he trusted a horse with a broken leg to ride him into war. Sarya saw the look on Katyr's face and frowned, making sure the baby was safe in her arms she reached up and laid a hand on his shoulder. To anyone else, it would look like a gentle touch, but she was her father's daughter and her grip was anything but light. Katyr winced and turned to her. She smiled sweetly spoke in a light tone, "Sit. Leave your sister be and stop brooding. She shan't be a child anymore dear." Katyr laughed sheepishly and nodded kissing his wife's cheek, "Why my love, whatever are you talking of. I was only admiring your beauty in the sunlight." Sarya relaxed her hand and squeezed his cheek lovingly, a small bead of sweat ran down Katyr's face. Women of any species were terrifying.

Finally, Elora walked in Aiuduin in tow behind her. She looked around, everyone separated to their own devices, she felt...out of place. Aiduin shoved her lightly and gave her a small smile leaning to whisper in her ear. "Elora, stop acting like a shy mouse. Go introduce yourself. Tis the only way you'll make friends. I'll be behind you every step of the way little sister." Elora looked back at him worried for a brief moment but smiled at his reassurance. He pushed her lightly again and trailed behind her as they walked towards the pair. Elora stopped in front of the twins seeing them chatting she was quite nervous. "E-evening G-good Prince Arc-Lennox and P-Princess Lennox." Elora curtsied and flushed embarrassed by her stumbling over her words. Aiduin turned her head covering his mouth to try and hide his laughter, "Smooth Elora." He mumbled under his breath and she shot him a glare from behind her hair as she stood straight.

While the younger children interacted the older elven people sat around the table and chatted. Once Kolvar was done speaking Alaisanna turned to the human nobles, there was no smile on her face. Just a straight expression,
"Now that we have made clear what we are offering, what are you all preparing to trade?"

Though he should be formal with the saplings, Hallr couldn’t help himself. Pulling a small waterskin from his hip and poured some of it into the tankard. Instead of using golden goblets like the elves and his human counterparts, he brought his own tankard out. Perhaps old habits do die hard. Or he just wasn’t ready to jump in bed with the knife ears. Tying his waterskin back to his hip, he gripped the tankard and took a long sip before placing it down. Hearing his Majesty talk with the Elven King, whom he was quite familiar with. Among the Councillors, they shared secrets and exchanged information like a vendor would to a merchant for a price.

Now that we have made clear what we are offering, what are you all preparing to trade?” The Elven King inquired.

Hallr’s attention brought back to reality. He absent-mindedly stroked his beard, thinking of what he could trade. In the end, he couldn’t think of a damn thing that would please these elves. Well, aside from their trade with the Dwarves that remained below the gaian’s crust. He wasn’t ready to reveal his cards yet, even after they played theirs.

“Bringing us up to speed, King Blaric?” King Delafontaine spoke up first. Pierre leaned forward on the table, “Although you’re no better than dirt, there’s nothing I can offer to the table.” He admitted.

Pierre.” Alistair’s spoke in a warning tone. His brows furrowed together as he was looking right at his father-in-law.

“Forgive my husband’s poor manners.” Emeligne spoke up for him, her hand finding its way to cover his again and squeeze it.

“We come to the table because of your proposal, but I must warn you that we come with opinions of Noble Houses that control other regions of our claimed lands.” Alistair begins, hoping this will ease some tension hanging thick in the air, “For I, I shall represent Houses Blackburn, Beaumont, and Valmaris. They control the Western Region. Delafontaine Kingdom will represent Houses Montgomery, Calliwell, and Mao. They control our Eastern Region. Despite his poor choice of words, King Pierre will speak on behalf of the other houses.”

“I shan’t forget the others because of my ill will towards the…Elves.” Pierre said, shifting his eyes to the Elven King. Pierre flicked his right wrist in the air, Solana coming over to place a large scroll in his hand. He brought it down to the table, a silk ribbon tied it up. The scroll has several other pages behind it. They tasked each House with writing a personal message and what they wish to offer to the table. Pierre pushes it ahead of him, unsure if they will bring it to the Elven King, “I have here, personal messages from the Heads of each House. Frankly, I believe this is all I can offer. Delafontaine—”

“—Will offer to the table because the people deserve better than to die in useless wars.” Alistair interjected, looking at him with a hardened look. “Now, Pierre, what do you offer?”

Pierre’s top lip slightly twitches, “Off the top of my head, I can only offer soldiers, a controlled trade centre, and whatever rare gaian minerals lay beneath my Kingdom. In the event of disaster to strike the nearest Elven settlements near my borders, I can offer aid immediately. Let me say this once because I won’t say it again, I may harbour a grudge against your people and justifiably so. But I will not let said ill feelings come between a concordat.” He gives a long, bitter look to the Elves, “Now, King Alistair, if you would…continue…” He trails off, picking up his golden chalice to take a deep quaff of the wine.

It surprised Alistair at his words, but he knew this was as close as he would get to Pierre before agreeing to anything else. The Elves were more than offering what they could provide, at least it was a step in the right direction. He cleared his throat, grabbed the large scroll, and handed it off to Seamus, who immediately took it to the other side. Giving it to Kolvar, did a respective bow and returned to his King’s side.

“For my turn of offerings, the Kingdom of Lennox can provide safe passage and trade lines by sea and land. Rare gaian minerals and materials I can only presume aren’t found in your respective lands.” Alistair waves his hand in the air and the door comes opening. Two of his Soldiers come in holding a large trunk and carry it around the long table to the Elves sides, “Here are samples of what lies in my side of the realm, like I said, I’m unsure if these are found in your realms, but we can share what we have. And there’s the matter of the other Houses…” Alistair would also produce a scroll that mirrored Pierre’s, only a wax seal is atop it. “I figured it would be better to just have the Houses write what they can each offer and a personal message each. You will find what they can offer.”

He continued, “I also have my Council of Advisors who could provide unbiased advice. Hallr is my War Commander, he’s helped me fight against your people and my people—rebels whose only goal is to wish harm. Then, here’s Aston, he’s a bit…narcissistic,” Sparing a glance to see him smirking at his King, “He’s well educated and refined in the arts of knowing things for the sake of knowing things and knows how to bend a noble’s ear to get what I or he wants. I won’t lie, he’s a bit of a sneaky mouse, but he can provide knowledge on whatever you wish that pertains to nobility and how to…persuade. And, last, but not least…Hulda,” She gives a slow wave to her with her right gloved hand. “She’s my Spymaster, she can offer a large array of information about anyone or anything, a network of spies that extends even beyond my borders and into yours—no offence.”

“O-oh, my Lord?” Hallr has his hand up like he’s in a lesson.

“Yes, Hallr?”

“I would not bring this up, but the Dwarves.” Hallr sparks interest in his King’s eyes.

“Ah, almost forgot,” He produces a small parchment of sorts and places it on the table, “Now, in my time as King, I always thought the Dwarves to be myth. I thought they were run out during the event of which established our respective countries on Gaia. The Dwarves moved under the gaian crust and that’s how we retrieve our most rare minerals and materials, with payment, of course. We’ve been doing business with them for two centuries now. When they heard of the peace keeping deal, they didn’t hesitate to contact me with what they want. You see, the Dwarves just wish to co-exist along all kinds, but that’s difficult for them when the Elves—again, I apologise for any offending words—moved them out of their original home; The Mountain. They wish to exchange and build a new friendship with your people like they did with us, Humans.” Alistair concluded, taking a sip of his water.

“There’s more to offer at the table, but this is the surface of what I can represent to the entirety of my peoples and those who’ve come to me with their own words and offers. I urge you to read them over with your respective Kings and Queens.” Alistair ends it all by getting up, “But I feel we may need a moment to cool off. If you would let the meeting to reconvene in the evening. Perhaps we can grow more familiarised by meeting each other under more comfortable circumstances. Thank you.” Alistair gives a bow and leaves with Calliope on his arm.

The others on his side of the table have all rose when he did, waited for him to leave and then give their own respective bows. Then they trickled out of the room, leaving their unfinished and half-finished goblets on the table.

While the Royals were meeting, the Humans’ and Elves’ children continue to lounge about in the lounging area. Lily is talking informally with the younger Lennox sons. The twins are continuing their talk on the other side of the room. Archie only looks away from the window when he sees Elora walking over with whom he presumed was her brother, perhaps Aiduin. He quirks a brow up at her, noticing the nervousness in her.

E-evening G-good Prince Arc-Lennox and P-Princess Lennox.” She stumbled over her words. Archie found it amusing even as she curtsied and turned a shade of tomato in front of him.

They both grown quiet when she introduced herself. Despite Archie ready to introduce himself back, Anastasia took the leap first. She turned slightly, guessing which direction the Elven Princess came from, and offered a warm smile, “You must be Princess Elora Blaric.” Her voice was light, almost in a sing-song reverie, “My brother hasn’t stopped talking about you since I arrived home.” Archie knew she was doing this for her own amusement. She slightly bowed her head, “It’s finally nice to meet the Elf who has my brother stumbling over his own words when he mentions you.” She jokes.

Archie gives a dramatic bow and snaps back upright into a formal position, “Princess Elora,” He looks down at her, gaze never leaving hers as he gently grabs her right hand and places a feathery kiss on the back of her hand before letting it go, “Pleasure is all mine to finally greet the woman who haunts my dreams.” He flirts casually with her, his eyes shifting to the male elf behind her, “And you must be Prince Aiduin. It’s nice to meet the brother who teases my betrothed shamelessly. But I must admit, I am not sure your antics can best mine.” He jested lightly to a suggested duelling contest. “Also…what’s with your- the older brother I can assume giving me glares like I stole his firstborn.” He jested yet again, wondering if he overstepped his limits. Either way, he didn’t care as he wanted to get the tension out of the air.

“Forgive my brother, he’s actually our Court Jester, which is why he’s never seen wearing proper attire to befit a Prince.” Anastasia joked. Her hand grips his shoulder, though it looks like she’s offering a light comforting pat.

Last edited:
When Pierre chose to open his mouth to insult them, Alaisanna and Uluc didn't hesitate to show their irritation. Their stoic expressions turned quickly to scowls. Zestarri looked between her sister and the humans a worried expression passing her features. Kolvar kept his stoic expression holding no concern over Pierre's comments. While Grykail all the whole lifted his hand to cover the amusement passing over his face. They held their tongue's allowing the humans to speak, and bicker amongst themselves. When Pierre tossed the parchment's on the table Kedori moved swiftly to pick them up and hand them to Lord Kolvar. He held them in his hand looking it over occasionally glancing at them as they continued speaking.

When Seamus rounded the table Lord Uluc bowed his head to him in thanks and took the second parchment that was from the humans. At the mention of Dwarves, they all paused flipping through the pages and looked up. Alaisanna all but scoffed at the mention of Dwarves, the mountains were her domain and had been in her family for eons. No sniveling stump would take that from her. Alaisanna held her hand out to stop Kolvar from speaking and lifted her gaze to the royals sitting across from them. "Though your banter delights me, I must say that giving the mountains back to the Dwarves is not something I can agree to. I will negotiate the surrounding lands for those creatures, but the mountains I refus-" Kolvar interjected glancing at his wife to calm his sister's words. "What Queen Alaisanna is meaning to say is we will negotiate those terms at a later time. Your ill-will towards us is understandable though do not forget we also hold a vast amount of it towards you all as well. Lord Delafontaine's words can be agreed we will not jeopardize the peace we all wish to see, but-" He paused to lift his gaze to Pierre's, "Will will not accept the disrespect, as we have tried our best to be hospitable."

Kolvar watched as King Alistair stood, he was right. The tensions were getting too thick, and everyone had a little less than the leveled head. Grykail waited for the humans to trickle out of the room before turning to his fellow Elves with amusement splayed across his face. "We that was delightful." This earned him a round of glares and he shrugged leaning back to sip his wine. Kolvar looked around at his comrades and sighed, "Let us go through these documents. Alaisanna you will speak with the warlord of his army, that is your specialty. Grykail will converse with the spymasters. And Since Uluc has such a way with words he will speak to the diplomat. I will speak with The Kings and try to make amends. For now, we rest our heads and discuss these agreements." They all nodded in agreement saying nothing further of the matter, after all, they too wanted peace.

Elora brought her attention to Anastasia as the girl spoke, Elora just stared at the girl and nodded her head politely as she was spoken too, even though she was aware the girl couldn't see she tried her best to be polite. "Y-yes Princess, I am Princess Elora B-Blaric." As Princess Anastasia joked Elora flushed earning a cheeky grin from Aiduin. "It's nice to meet you as well! I am very happy to meet you, You were spoken so highly of I'm afraid I-I'm a tad nervous." Elora gave a small chuckle. When Archie bowed in front of her Katyr could be seen glaring dagger at him, Sarya was talking to Naexi and had yet to notice. Elora felt like she might turn into a cloud of smoke from how hard she was blushing. Face to face contact was a lot different than the letters.

Aiduin nodded holding out his hand politely as he snickered at his sister, "Aye, I am this tomato's elder brother. And the hawk that watches you is the eldest Katyr. He has his...reservations about men when it comes to Elora." Shrugging he stepped closer and held out his hand, "So you're the mysterious boy that has my sister fantasizing all day." Elora whipped her head to him wide-eyed and kicked him shamelessly in the shin, he curses and held his shin. "Prince I should warn you, my sister is part troll. She is relentless and heavy-footed." He smirked at her and she glared. Just as Elora kicked Aiduin, Sarya yanked Katyr by his ear scolding him.

Elora turned to Anastasia and smiled, "It seems both our brothers may be more jester than a prince." Elora could feel the tension, she wanted to ease at least some of it for now, maybe become friends with Anastasia. She knew everyone held their reservations.

Hallr joined at Hulda’s side with Aston on the other side of Hulda. They walked behind the Delafontaines. Keeping two feet behind the icy Royals, they broke off to what they presumed would be their own small common room. Soon as the door shut behind the three, Aston was the first to speak while pouring himself more wine.

“That went well.” He sarcastically spoke.

Hulda smiled, “Pour me some, will you? It’s going to be a long week.” She lets out a sigh and sits on the accommodating sofa.

While Aston pulled another goblet out, Hallr went to the window, seeing out into the human lands. He could hear the locals beyond the gates, even the sweet and sour smells that came wafting in with a breeze. “Do you propose the Old King is right about this deal?” Hallr spoke.

“Yes.” Hulda grips the goblet by the neck and takes a long sip, “This isn’t only about us as Humans. We have to think about others.”

“Really? Because I’ve talked to…y’know…and they don’t wish to come back. Not after…” Aston quirks a brow while taking his long sip.

Hallr hums to their words, “I got word from my second.” He turns around to produce a small scroll from the confines of his satchel hanging on his hip.

“Is it the rebels again?” Aston responds uninterested.

Hallr and Hulda exchange a knowing look, “I received reports from my agents. They report the same thing. I’m sure you heard something among the nobles, Aston?”

Aston looks between the two, “Yes. The Nobility speaks of the Black Plague’s return. She made her debut just a little over ‘fore the Elves contacted us. “ He smooths out the wrinkles in his cape that spills around him on the sofa.

“This is not good. One of the soldiers contracted the disease.” Hallr admits, putting the scroll back into his pouch.

“And one of my agents died just last night from it. She had to…move on.” Hulda also admits, “Aston, you’re lucky.” Her gaze shifts to the Diplomat lounging about.

“Yes, very. If the Elves hadn’t come sooner, I’d have a headache for weeks.” He complained about what-ifs.

Hallr crosses his arms across his broad chest plate, ready to say something else when the doors came open to reveal Alaisanna, Grykail, and Uluc. Hulda smiled, taking in the rest of her wine before getting up to introduce herself, “Welcome, I’m Hulda, though you already knew that.” She drank in each of their features, noting she was almost as tall as them.

Aston drains his goblet and puts it off to the side, gets off the couch, and struts over to give a half-bend before introducing his self, “And I’m Aston. That old hunk over there is Hallr. We all want peace, too. You won’t hear any disrespect from us.” He spoke, giving a light smile.

While they’re intermingling, Alistair and Calliope retreat into the dining area. He couldn’t help but grow weary at that moment. Not long to arrive at the lodging, and the tensions were already thicker than the Haunted Forest. Calliope made some chamomile tea. The steam arose from the teacup and produced it in front of her love, “Drink dear.” She instructed.

Alistair nods, taking the cup from the plate, and takes a quick sip, closing his eyes to let the nerves run out of his system, “I need to talk to Pierre.” He says.

“Not until he’s calmed down. Emeligne will help him.” Calliope says, stopping him from leaving and helps him in a seat. “I know my father better than you, dearie. You need to regain your strength for this evening.” She appeared behind him in the chair, massaging the knots out of his shoulders and back.

Anastasia smiled, “There’s no reason to be nervous, Elora.” She spoke, “I can call you Elora, right? I hope we can become grand friends. You can call me ‘Ana,’ I hear others having a hard time saying the entirety of my name. So, please… call me Ana.” Her smile never wavered. The air around Anastasia and Archie was light and friendly, hoping this approach would ease the nerves out of their soon family to be.

For Archie, this was a little too amusing. To see a strong-headed Elven Princess stumbling over her own words when she sounded put together on parchment. His eyes shifted to Aiduin, who took the moment to introduce himself, “Aye, I am this tomato’s elder brother. And the hawk that watches you is the eldest Katyr. He has his…reservations about men when it comes to Elora.” Archie gladly took the Elves’ hand into his own, noting how smooth his palm was compared to how calloused his was. He let his drop back to his side, “So you’re the mysterious boy that has my sister fantasizing all day.”

“Well, can you blame him? I get to steal Elora away and make her happier than him.” Archie jested, giving another wink to Elora, “Why, is this true, Elora? Were you imagining what my bed looked like?” He teased her.

When Elora turned to kick him in the shin, this elicited a laugh from Archie, “There’s the strong-headed Elf I know!” He exclaimed as he continued to laugh.

“Prince, I should warn you, my sister is part troll. She is relentless and heavy-footed.” Aiduin said, Archie’s laughter dying down as he struggled to hold in the rest with Elora kicking her brother again. He covered his mouth with his hand.

Anastasia turned her head towards Elora, the smile returning, “Come, Elora. Let us speak in private and I will tell you how to push my twin’s buttons before you’re forced to marry him.” She jested.

“Yes, excellent plan! Aiduin can tell me all the embarrassing stories of when you were both children.” Archie adds, clapping his sister on the shoulder, “Aiduin, let’s go and I will tell you what Elora does not wish you to know.” He winked at Elora.

Last edited:
Grykail was the first to walk into the common room where the three advisors to the human nations were. He was humored by Uluc and Alaisanna's sulking, they were like children who had just been teased. He smiled at the advisors and nodded at their greetings, Uluc, and Alaisanna nodded their head as well grateful they wouldn't be disrespected. Grykail was the first to speak, "Please to be of your acquaintance, I am Lord Grykail of the Dark Elves, the Southern border, and leader of the Elven spies. We have come to try to mend the trouble caused before." He looked down at them with a small solemn smile, Uluc and Alaisanna both looked stoic in their features.

"I am Queen Alaisanna, though informality is fine. You may call me Alaisanna, we are to be comrades once discussions have pulled through. I rule over the Western lands or the mountains. And I also control a mass of our nation's Armies. I have no ill will towards you all, and I hope for peace between our nations." She bowed her head once more and looked down at them with her glazed over eyes. She was trying to be kind, which was hard considering her personality. And the fact that Pierre had insulted them and she had yet to address him in the manner she wanted.

Uluc gave a sweet smile and bowed to the advisors, the green streaks in his blonde hair reflecting in the light, "I am Uluc, lord of the Eastern border and woodland elves. I suppose I can be seen as a diplomat. I have been known to have quite a way with words." This earned an eye roll from his two elven companions. He shrugged at them and smiled. "Where shall we start with these discussions?"

Rather than Kolvar joining Alistair in the dining room her stayed seated at the meeting table going over the paperwork and thinking about the Dwarves. Alaisanna was too quick to deny the request, but, Kolvar knew the least they could give them was an acknowledgment of what they had done. Kolvar knew all too well their ancestors were ruthless when it came to wanting lands when the elven people split into the four kingdoms he hadn't expected them to kick out the Dwarves. If they wanted they could even begin trades between the Dwarves and Elves alike, it would do them good to make peace. Zestarri took it upon herself to check on King Alistair and Queen Calliope while her husband looked over the papers. Walking to the dining room she gently knocked on the wall's frame. Giving a small bow of her head and curtsy she looked at the couple.

"I apologize for my intrusion, and I hope I am not disturbing you. Earlier must have been frustrating for you both, and I was hoping to make amends. And introduce myself properly. I am Queen Zestarri, Kolvar's wife." She gave a small smile, as nervous as she was she didn't let it show.

“There’s no reason to be nervous, Elora. I can call you Elora, right? I hope we can become grand friends. You can call me ‘Ana,’ I hear others having a hard time saying the entirety of my name. So, please… call me Ana.”

Elora smiled at Anastasia as she spoke, a friend, her very first friend! "Y-yes! I would love for you to call me Elora. I also hope to be friends as well, A-Ana." Elora was grateful for the tension in the air seeming to lift. Other than Aiduin, her older siblings were betrothed or occupied with their lovers and held no interest in tingling with younger children other than herself. Aiduin shook the human boy's hand, compared to his own it was clear he had worked harder than most in life. Aiduin snickered as Archie teased his sister holding his shin in pain from her kick.

“Well, can you blame him? I get to steal Elora away and make her happier than him." Aiduin glanced at his glaring brother getting yanked by his ear and smirked, "I do believe my brother is just jealous. But his wife might have his head if he keeps swaddling Elora."

“Why, is this true, Elora? Were you imagining what my bed looked like?”

When Archie suggested Elora fantasized about his bed Aiduin all but nearly fell over in a fit of laughter, glancing at his elder brother he noticed him being scolded by their dear sister in law. Elora turned a dark shade of reach that stretched over her ears and down her neck.

"I-I have n-not!" When Archie called her a troll she did not hesitate to chase him until she landed a kick in his rear. Forgetting that she was a princess, in a meeting for peace of nations. Not a street fight with the townsfolk.

“There’s the strong-headed Elf I know!”

Hearing Archie's cheer she had almost regretted her ruthless actions, but it seemed any tension that was in the air had all but dissipated in that instant. By the time Anastasia spoke Elora had to catch her breath, the movement had spread her scent of berries and lavender across the room.

“Come, Elora. Let us speak in private and I will tell you how to push my twin’s buttons before you’re forced to marry him.”

Elora smiled at Anastasia and chuckled slightly. Slowly walking towards the girl she laid a gentle hand on her arm.

"I believe that would be wonderful, please tell me all of the things he wishes me not to know. May I link arms with you?" Her tone was hopeful and light, she didn't think Ana needed help. But, she had assumed that all women did this with their friends, she had seen it many times before with people in the town.

“Yes, excellent plan! Aiduin can tell me all the embarrassing stories of when you were both children. Aiduin, let’s go and I will tell you what Elora does not wish you to know.”

Aiduin looked at Archie when he spoke, "Oh yes, I can tell you all my sister's secrets." Elora stuck her tongue at her brother as she and her newfound friend walked off. Aiduin waved at her as though she was going far and turned to Archie placing a hand on his shoulder.

"By the time you are married to my sister, surely we will drive her up a wall with madness." He laughed and smiled at the boy. "Thank you for easing my sister's worries. She was rather nervous about this meeting." Aiduin leaned down to whisper to the boy, "She has never had a friend before, let alone been courted." Aiduin moved to sit in a nearby chair, "I trust you'll treat her well? Though it is not me you have to convince," Aiduin nodded his head towards his brother still being scolded by his raven-haired wife.

Elora walked with Anastasia and smiled, "I-I am really excited to get to meet you. I-I was worried I might make a bad impression. A-and I am pleased you wish to become friends as well. I-I am sorry If I ramble, I am nervous. I have never had a friend before, let alone female." Elora flushed slightly admitting she was practically alone most of her life other than her siblings. Elora glanced over at the girl, even with the mask on her face Elora could tell the girl was beautiful. She wanted to complement the girl, but, she also wanted to respect her. She felt if she dared compliment her it might result in bad memories or worse.

Aiduin looked at Archie and leaned on his hand. "My sister is quite a brute. And when she was younger she was shameless. She used to run about the castle in her undergarments because she refused to wear a dress! And once we put frogs in one of the maid's baskets, they were terrified!" Aiduin laughed remembering the scene, he glanced at Archie.
"Whatever you wish to know, please ask. Other than my sister staring at your picture for days on end and stories from our childhood, I know not what to tell you."

When they started introducing themselves, Hulda took the moment to size up Grykail. So he was the one intercepting her reports over the years. She had to admit the King was good-looking and was sure of his cunningness, too. It didn’t take long for the two men to do the same to their counterparts. For Aston, this was a marvellous opportunity to get to know the one who had a way with his words. He would have to test this King.

Resting his chin on his knuckles, Aston gave a smile, “Well, here’s fine.” He points to the opposite sofa on the other side. The commons room for the Councillors was still large enough to house more than a hundred people at least. There were single chairs on either side of the table that were placed in the renovated room. The Diplomat turned around, his cape swooshing around him, and returned to his place on the sofa, after refilling his goblet that is.

Hulda smiled, though it didn’t quite reach her eyes as she looked at Grykail, “I must admit, Lord Grykail, I was wondering which of you were rivalling my network of spies. Guess I don’t have to wonder any longer.” She turned around, joining Aston on the couch.

Hallr might’ve appeared there at present, but he was deep in thought. Not thinking of the Summit or the Elves who came into the room. Rather, he was thinking about the plague. How did his soldier get it if they were far from the Haunted Forest? He must’ve been deeper in his mind than he thought as he was stroking his greying bread, his brows knitted, and Hulda calling for him. His expression softening to see them all looking at him.

“Oh, what?” He inquired, letting his hand fall to his side.

“They’ve come to discuss further about becoming familiar with one another.” Hulda spoke, smirking, pretending to whisper with her gloved hand blocking the left part of her mouth. “Queen Alaisanna might be the ember to your fire.” She joked.

Hallr grunts, taking a seat on one of the solo chairs off to the side. He leaned back into the cushioning of the sofa, grabbing a tankard laid out on the table with it already filled. Hallr took a long drink before wiping the remnants away with his hand. “So, what are we talking about? I can only offer insight on the Lennox Army and Military Tactics.” He spoke first. Hallr was half there and half in his mind, thinking about the plague. Occasionally he would stroke his beard before being caught by Hulda again.

Somewhere else in the lodging, the Queen and King of Lennox were taking the moment to catch their breaths in the kitchens. They were speaking, exchanging opinions in soft-spoken words when their conversation was broken by the sound of knocking on the wall. Calliope turned around, letting her hands drop from her husband’s shoulders and to see Queen Zestarri there, curtsying to the duo before speaking.

Alistair offered a warm smile, “There’s no amending needed. I can’t say the same for Pierre, but I am glad to welcome you.” The King stood and returned the same gesture as did Calliope. She hung onto his arm.

“Nice to meet you, Queen Zestarri.” She smiled, “I am Queen Calliope. I hope you’re like me and learn to keep your husband on his toes.” She nudges her own in the side.

Alistair stumbles and sputters, “A-ah-ah. My Wife is perhaps too happy to keep me on my toes.” He spares her a glance, then back to the Elf. Alistair shook his head,” No, no, it’s all right. I’m used to Pierre being like this. It wasn’t easy marrying his daughter.” He admits.

“Would you like some chamomile tea? It helps with headaches and pain.” Calliope offered, ready to make another cup.

While they were getting familiarised with one another, the children in the lounging area were too. The Princess of Lennox offered a warm smile to Elora, elated at her enthusiasm as she heard her brother give interest into Elora’s own brother. She could hear the surrounding others, getting along, even biting back her own laughter in the commotion she could only experience through their auditory senses.

Archie was having fun already, teasing his betrothed, and making friends fast with her brother. He was smirking slyly at Elora, watching as she turned a deeper red, if that were possible. Then, to hear her deny it only sent him out in a laughing fit as Aiduin, though not doubling over. The Prince intended to get the tension out of the air, and it seemed, so far, to work with the younger ones. Though he couldn’t say the same for the glaring hawk that sat on the other side of the room.

Anastasia smiled, nodding to Elora, “Forgive me, but it would be better if you did. I’d look like a bumbling fool, feeling up every surface in this lodging.” She jested, feeling the small palm clasp around her forearm and lead her away from the giggling brothers like school boys. Once they were far away enough from the prying ears of her twin and Elora’s brothers, Anastasia could still hear the nervousness in the Elven Princess’ voice. “Do not fret, young child. I will show you the ways of friendship.” Anastasia half-teased, “Through making more allies, I am sure your nerves will all be gone once you gain the confidence to put yourself out there more. Though I should advise you to be cautious with the nobility of the Humans’ Court, they’re very cunning. Know that I will help you when it comes to meeting the other nobles, so you won’t be a mock to them.” Her smile never wavering, “I must tell you, Elora. I never had friends while they raised me in the castle. My father was rather protective of me until I turned eighteen summers, then I left home to join the College of Scholars and Scribes. I’ve learned to make friends there, fast. Through trial and error, you will learn of the ones who are your staunch allies and those who only wish to use you for an advantage.”

Archie snickered at Aiduin’s words, “Elora? Nervous? Why, she was rather confident on ink. I jest. It is stranger to meet in person, I won’t lie.” He pointed to him, opting to lean against the wall instead. “I plan to.” He retorts to the male’s question, sparing a look to his elder brother, who looked constipated while being scolded by his Wife, he presumed. “I must admit, your brother looks like he needs to shit.” A wry smile spread across his face. Then, turning his attention back to Aiduin, quirking an eyebrow at him as he told a story, even laughing out loud. “Well, I can tell you something that she doesn’t wish for you to know.” He retorts.

“Elora thinks you’re a wondrous brother, she said so in her letters. If I can recall the exact words, it was somewhere like, ‘Were it not for Aiduin, I think my days would be very lonely and tiresome.’” He taps his chin, “You didn’t hear that from me, though.” He winked at him, “What does your sister like in food choices?” He asked, he’s been wanting to plan some pastry surprise for her, if possible.

Last edited:
Uluc takes Aston's suggestion and plops himself on the sofa opposite them laying his hand over the armrest. Alaisanna moved to sit at the other end leaving Grykail to sit in the middle. Grykail was the tallest of the trio and looked brooding in comparison to his light-haired companions. Grykail turned his gaze to Hulda when she spoke, looking at her he saw the smile not reach her eyes. But, why would it? "That you do not lady Hulda." He reached his arm to lean back on the sofa his arm stretching behind Alaisanna. "I didn't expect to meet the person that kept sending spies to infiltrate my camps in this century." There was a grin on his face, he found the entire situation amusing, between the bickering kings, and his two pouting companions this was like a game to him.

Alaisanna leaned her cheek on her hand propping her arm not he rest next to her, she gazed at the warlord. He seemed...troubled, though she didn't feel like it was her concern. When he spoke she sighed, he seemed like a clueless brute. They were her least favorite types, she preferred the trained warrior in body and mind, being a female leader had its disadvantages so she leveled the playing field a bit. She heard the woman jest but paid it no mind when he spoke again Alaisanna was the one who responded. "I suppose speaking of what we can offer shall be a good start. I have elven war tactics, and I can provide and give the weapons we used against you."

Uluc looked at her and rubbed his temples, Alaisanna bluntness could start a war if she didn't watch it, Uluc noticed Hallr seemed distracted and cleared his throat. "Hallr was it? Something sees to be weighing on your mind. Care to share? Maybe we can ease your troubles."

Zestarri smiled at the couple nodding her head, "Thank you both. And I am pleased to finally meet you Queen Calliope. I try to keep him on his toes as much as possible, but it seems today has left him quite shaken." She gave a small chuckle and smiled at the couple. They were lovely together. "I'd be delighted, your father seems very adamant but I don't blame him, my father is the same way though he holds not say when it comes to politics. I was worried the discussions would end far worse than they had."

Elora smiled hearing the girl accept her proposal, she moved her arm around the girls sparing a glance back towards her brother and Archie. She was happy they had gotten along well, though she wasn't looking forward to their jesting. She listened to the girl's words with a small smile on her face, she was happy for it, it eased some of her worries. Chuckling at her teasing before Anastasia continued Elora thought about royalty for the elves. It was a lot different since there were only four noble houses. Their get together was more like a gathering for family and friends. She knew that the humans had many noble houses. Elora's gaze never left her's as they walked watching her smile. She led the girl outside, "I-I hope you don't mind being outside. I thought it might be nice to get some fresh air, though we are not far from the lodge." Elora was careful not to walk too far from the lodge worried the girl might not want to walk far from her family. Elora stopped walking to gaze at a fawn running past, a small smile graced her lips. "I will be very happy to have your guidance. Humans' Court is very different from ours. We only have four noble houses so our gatherings are very small. The festivals are my favorite they had the best music and flowers that smell divine!" Elora's voice held clear excitement and she turned so she could hold both the girl's hands in hers. "I am very happy to have a new sister closer in age. Naexi is often with Strolvac so most times I am stuck with Aiduin. He is a good company but I have always wanted another sister. I know we are not sister's as of yet but I do hope we can become good friends."

Aiduin laughed slightly, "Elora has a very bold facade, writing is like a barrier. Her thoughts may be bold but her nature is truly timid. She was worried you might not be sweet in person. I know my sister all too well, she is like a rabbit." Aiduin all but choked as h laughed at the boy words about Katyr. "Aye, I won't argue there. Tis often the face he makes while Sarya scolds him. My sister says she was named a silver tongue when they were younger because of it." Aiduin snickered and turned his attention back to the boy raising his brow curiously, "Oh, do tell Prince Lennox." Aiduin smiled at the boy's words, "She truly is such a sweet little sister." Smiling to himself he leaned back propping his hands behind his head. "Elora is a glutton, though she'll hit me relentlessly for saying so. Her favorite sweets are strawberry flavored pastries. She has father order them every chance we get and I can catch her eating them any time of the day....Though as of recent she's been so occupied with thoughts of her dear prince she hasn't had one as of lately."

Hulda already liked this King, he knew humour and presumably found most things amusing. She crossed her legs, taking another sip from her goblet. “You’d be surprised how many Halflings need coin to get by.” She retorts, not as an insult, rather matter-of-fact. Many halflings were willing to work for Hulda since they were despised in their homelands. “But with this deal, they’ll finally get to see their other parent.” Her smile turning into a slight grin.

Hallr grunts to Alaisanna’s words, sparing her no glance. Aston gave him a long-knowing look of, ‘Don’t bring this up again.’ But the Diplomat was assuming Hallr will bring up his days in the war. The many stories told repeated over, time and time again, were getting real old. Hallr looked to Uluc, “It’s nothing. I was reminiscing about the old days,” He lied, decidedly wanting to get his ire out of the way, “…when I used to have a Wife and two children.” His expression was solemnly cold, “They died during the civil war, unfortunately. Let’s just get this over with.” He retorts, “Aston?” He steered the conversation towards the pretentious Diplomat, drinking his wine.

With a long, slender finger, he held it up as to say, ‘One moment.’ Then, once he finished his sip, he put the goblet down onto the table beside him. He sat upright, his legs crossed to mirror Hulda’s and began, “I don’t mean to be rude, but your court of nobles, there’s only four of you plus your extended family. But the way you hold yourselves is very…familiar, it’s simple, bland. In the Humans’ Court, it’s eat or be eaten. Let me extend the art of mastering Human Nobility rules. Though it may take longer than a week to learn all the ropes.” He looked all three of them over, they already had the attractive part down, but he grimaced at their choice of wardrobe, “Now, do you know how to veil words? How to persuade? It’s all of an art, really. Much more complicated than locking arms and singing nursery rhymes with each other. No offense.”

Calliope broke off her husband’s arm and turned towards the kitchen, the kettle still filled up with hot water. She made another cup of chamomile tea. Hopefully, this would dispel any worries the Elven Queen may have. She turned back around and produced the cup in front of Zestarri, “Here you go.” She gave a smile in return.

“You shan’t worry for further ire coming from Pierre. I won’t lie, he will be blunt, but he will be sure to participate in this deal. I, again, apologise for his behaviour.” Alistair gave an apologetic look, “Is King Blaric looking over the documents? Which could only be why he’s not here with you?” He inquired.

Calliope chuckles, “Your Politics and nobility seem so simpler than Human politics and nobility.” Her warm smile never leaving. “If you ever need help in learning the ropes of our nobility, I can lend a hand, but only if you want it.”

“Ah, I’d take her up on that offer, Zestarri. I can say that our politics and nobility are far more complex than what I’ve seen of yours. It’s like walking on eggshells each time.” Alistair adds. “But I must also ask, did you know of the Dwarves’ existence before this?” He was curious. Far as he knew, the Dwarves rarely came to the surface and them living underground gave them an enormous advantage over the surface dwellers.

Being led away from the noisy lounging area was a welcome. The sounds of nature and gentle breeze of the wind caressing her face would always be welcomed. The Princess sniffed the air, the coalescence of smells of nature and cooking from the human’s side. “It’s a change of…sounds and smells, that’s for sure.” Anastasia jested, softly laughing at her own joke. She wouldn’t know what it looked like. Losing her eyesight would always be an arduous time for her. Anastasia wondered what the Elves’ Realms looked like. She wished she could see what they looked like, even the Elves. As far as she could recall, they were tall, slender, and have pointy ears. She hummed at Elora’s words, smiling at the sweet innocence still within her. “Elora, hold on to that innocence while you still can.” She grew serious for a moment, “You grew up sheltered as did I, but mine was…far different from your upbringing—obvious. I should warn you before you get your hopes up. The nobles of my people are cruel, calculating, and will only use you for their own advantage. I hope I can experience your festivals, but the ones held in our court are different. We hold parties and balls for the sake of trying to up one another.” She explained, “Up in the North, the Kingdom of Lennox, we hold a semi-annual ball each year and well, let’s just say it’s like inviting prey into a lion’s den.” She tried to give her a picture of it.

“Though I, too, am glad to gain another sister.” Anastasia provided a warm smile. The Elf’s hands were quite small in her own and very dainty. Anastasia’s were calloused from the use of writing blindly. “Naexi? Is she your older sister?” She asked, curious now. “I’ve never had a sister before. Perhaps you can tell me what is it like? I can tell you that having brothers is unpleasant.”

“Really?” Archie was surprised. He stroked his chin as if he had any hair there, it was only stubble. “Well, I wouldn’t call myself ‘sweet,’ Rather an ordinary man born into royalty. I am no different from the people. I can tell you that much.” He crosses his arms, breaking out in smile about his jest on Aiduin’s older brother. “Speaking of Sore-yah?” He hoped he got the pronunciation right. “She’s been scolding him for a harvest’s season now.” He spared a glance to the Elven Woman scolding Katyr still. Then, turning to Aiduin as he spoke. “I shall give her a pastry soon then.” Smiling at his words of his betrothed, thinking of him, perhaps too often. “Elora shall then think of something other than I.” He looked around to find them gone. “Where did they go?” Panic set in temporarily. Archie was severely protective of his twin. When she was not in his line of sight he pushed off the wall. “Excuse me.” His brows knitted together, his demeanour changing as he started looking around and to the doors that went towards the outside. He found one of them propped open. He walked over to find Elora and Anastasia standing there talking.

Archie let out a breath of relief, “Ana!” He yelled. From his perspective, his twin turned into the direction of his voice. Then back to Elora. He watched them talk for a few minutes before he walked over, his worry spilling out of him soon as he was close to his sister again. Archie spared Elora a look, “I apologise for intruding on your ‘talk.’” He spoke, giving a slight smile, “Please remain close to the lodging, all right, Ana?”

Anastasia’s smile disappeared, “Yes, yes. My dear brother, we will stay nearby. Besides, there’re already guards stationed around the lodging, there’s no reason for you to be putting your big brother mode on.” She chided him.

Archie leaned down to his sister’s ear and whispered a few words before turning back towards the lodging, “Stay safe, Princesses.” He spared a wink to Elora and disappeared back into the building. He couldn’t help himself, he would always be extra protective of his only sister.

Last edited:
Grykail smiled when she mentioned the halflings, he knew his two counterparts had no care for them. But even he had a soft spot when it came to the separation of families. "I can imagine. Many of our ways are not always in favor of the majority. But, we hope not only families but both kinds can find a sense of peace with this agreement." Grykail spoke in a gentle tone, he knew the halflings had no place with the elves. It was usually seen as betrayal or they were shunned. He had kept his lands free of such hate, and even a few of his mages were halflings. Cerci included, though he showed more elf than human.

Alaisanna noted he spared her no glance, a man for sure he was. She paid no mind to Grykails talk of halflings, she held no favor towards them. She found it a disrespect to their kind, but even now she knew she would have to tolerate that and a lot more. Alaisanna's eyes softened when she heard his wife died, her own thoughts drifting to her betrothed. Alaisanna gritted her teeth and Grykail laid a comforting hand over hers without losing his eye contact from the humans across from them.

Uluc was observing the humans, they were a bit plain for his tastes. They aged and died much faster than the elves. They dressed in bore-ish dark colors, and the hair held no vibrance, their eyes nearly as dull as the dead. His own emerald orbs turned to Aston as he spoke, he leaned back leaning his arm on the armrest the other stretching over Grykail. Grykail laughed at the man, Alaisanna scowled, and Uluc merely stared at him amused. "We hold ourselves familiar because we have no qualms, we have lived far longer and watched you humans and your court war each other and us." Uluc looked at the gems on his fingers before glancing at him with a smirk. "We find this quite entertaining. And I dare say that my elven counterparts and myself are the epitomai of art. You, humans, are rather...plain." Uluc let off a small chuckle and closed his hand leaning on it. "It will take less than a week to match your silver tongue. Pray tell child, what nursery rhymes did you learn while I was commanding armies?" Of course, Uluc was only jesting, he couldn't help but tease the man. They were like children to him. But, if they really wished to teach them their ways, he wouldn't argue. He would just do it better.

~

Zestarri watched the woman disappear and return with a smile, Zestarri nodded her head and returned the smile. Sitting down in a nearby chair she spoke, "Thank you, your majesty." Zestarri didn't want to use the term, but she also knew they weren't yet close enough to use formalities. She remembered her father telling her that the human courts are much more divided than their own. Lifting the cup to take a sip her eyes met the King. After taking a sip she covered her mouth with her hand to swallow. "Don't mind yourselves about Lord Pierre. He is bitter and rightfully so, the only qualms and bickering he may get is from Uluc or my sister." Lowering her hand she smiled. "yes, he has sent the others to speak with your advisors. I know he will disagree with little that your people have to say. This is all in the best interest so he is looking through it quite vigorously." She took a moment to take another sip of tea, it was fragrant and sweet.

Zestarri nodded her head to the other Queens offer, "Tis a grand idea. I would love to learn the little complexities of your court. Our is only simply because there are only four noble houses, the other three fall under our authority. Much like your..noblemen?" Zestarri spoke the last word with a question in her tone unsure if she was using the right term. When he mentioned the dwarves she was mid-sip, she paused and lowered her cup as her gaze lowered to her lap.

"Yes, we are all aware..." Zestarri cleared her throat and placed the cup on the table. She folded her hands in her lap. "I must explain, this was much before our time. When we first left the forests and came to these lands my grandfather was in rule. My sister, Queen Alaisana, and I were born not too long after my grandfather pushed the Dwarves from the mountains. It was not one of our proudest moments. But, my grandfather was a prideful man...Since then we have not seen the Dwarves, of course, we figured they had hidden." Zestarri looked up her face riddled with what could be assumed guilt. "My sister is a very...sensitive woman. She often takes things to heart. But, I assure you she is willing to acknowledge the dwarves and even give them some land if they wish. Though she will refuse to forsake her home."

~
Elora watched the girl observe the area in the only way she could. A part of Elora was sad, but the other amazed at how strong the girl was. Elora couldn't imagine what she must be feeling, but she also promised Archie not to bring it up. She would describe the surroundings later, she was certain that because of the wars the girl before her had never seen the beauty of Elven lands. When the girl spoke Elora looked at her taking in every word. Elora smiled, Anastasia was being truly kind for explaining this to her. It was true the Elven children were a bit naive when it came to the human courts. Or, maybe that was just Elora, she always tried to look for the best in things. She gave the girls hands a reassuring squeeze. "You worry rightfully so, things are very different from our more family-like setting. ut, I will not become a lamb for them to devour. I assure you." Elora chuckled and gave another gentle squeeze to the girl's hands. When Anastasia asked about her sister Elora let her hands go moving herself to link arms again. "Yes, she is the second born. It is...very different from Aiduin. Katyr was around 13 summers, Aiduin was Around 1, and Naexi was seven summers by the time I was born. She has always been very kind, we often played together when I was younger. But...as she got older and Strolvac also grew she became more interested in her love. Though I can always confide my secrets to her." Elora gave a small smile thinking about her sister, "She may have been my only friend prior to this. Though sisters bicker far more than brothers." She chuckled letting out a small sigh. "Tell me, what is it like having many brothers, a-and being the oldest? Mother and father won't have any more children so I will stay the youngest forever it seems."

Aiduin scoffed, "A humble prince I see." He smirked jesting again and followed Archie's gaze to Katyr snickering, "Close pronunciation, but its Sa-rye-yah. She'll scold him till next harvest season if he's lucky." Aiduin watched as his elder brother kissed his wife and whispered something in her ear that caused her to flush and wack him on the shoulder lightly. Katyr smiled and kissed her cheek and she sat muttering something before sighing and leaning over to smooth their son's hair. Just as Aiduin turned back to respond to the boy's words Archie asked where the two girls have gone. Looking around the from he noticed they weren't there, he assumed Elora had taken the prince's sister outside. Elora always had preferred the outdoors. When he turned his head to inform the other prince, Archie was excusing himself and walking past him. Aiduin sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "Elora you prove to be quite troublesome at times." Pushing himself off the chair he followed behind the boy. Peaking out the door he saw the two girls chatting, a wave of relief washed over him.

Elora turned towards the lodge when Archie called his sister's name. She could see the worry riddled across his features. Though at first Elora wasn't sure if he was more worried about his sister being far from the lodge or being alone with her. She turned her gaze from Ana and continued talking a twinge of guilt for even thinking such a thing struck her. When he looked at her she gave a small smile of her own. Looking past him she saw her own brother slip back inside. When Ana chided Archie she let out a small laugh, both brothers it seemed were overprotective. She was just lucky Katyr was being controlled by Sarya, otherwise, she'd never hear the end of it from him. When he whispered to his sister she looked towards the grass that covered the lands between the borders. The sweet scent of lavender and berries bounced from her skin and mixed with the earthy scent of the outside.

She spared Archie a glance as he left feeling her face heat up slightly she let out a small breath.
"I hope I didn't cause to many problems by bringing you outside."

Hulda watched with interest to Uluc and Aston, she loved it when he put on a show, but this was not a show—least not in Aston’s eyes. For an old man, drama always seduced Hallr, even if not his own. Though it got old quick when the drama was recycled and this one was not of that sort. The Diplomat nodded at the Elf’s words, clasping his hands together in prayer form, and smiled at Uluc.

“While it is entertaining to give a reaction to your thinly veiled jabs, it’s a step in the right direction of learning about the art of Human Persuasion.” Aston retorts, “And if you’re correct in learning less than a week, then it would be great since the semi-annual ball is right around the corner.” His eyes lit up with excitement. “And the nursery rhymes I’ve learned? Well, let me tell you of the one…I can’t quite remember the name, but it’s- Hulda you know the one about under dogs?”

Hulda was halfway through eating a tart. She finished it by washing it down with her own wine. She was eager to present her knowledge about the ‘Underdog.’ The name sounded off, but it was about a time when the Elves were usurped from their ‘golden throne.’ “Ah, yes. It goes a little like;

The Golden Throne is falling down, falling down, falling down
Pointed Masters are usurped now,
We can rejoice aloud—

Finally, free! Human and Proud!

“That one! It’s taught from the moment human children can attend schooling. Because you know everyone loves an underdog, literally.” Aston was smiling largely. “Maybe you can tell me about the art of not being dull. I admit you’re rather exotic and…interesting.”

“We can play who has the longer sword or we can finally get to business.” Hulda added, giving them both a look.

Calliope was used to being called by her formal titles, but it was rather weird to hear it from another monarch. She figured it was just her way of being polite and not wanting to step on toes. Calliope appreciated the effort the Elven Queen was giving. Nodding to her thanks. Alistair was stroking the beard on his chin, unused to the lengthy pieces of his beard being chopped from his face.

“It is a delicate matter that I will leave for you two to resolve on your own.” Alistair retorts.

“Well, enough of the grim history. Do you have a garden at your Castle?” Calliope inquired with interest. There were rare flowers grown only in her own garden, and the innumerable amount of roses in other parts of the royal garden was just a lick of what was beyond.

Alistair smiles, “My Wife and I are gardening enthusiasts, if you can call it that. We grow rare types of flowers in the Royal Garden at the Palace. If there’s one thing Pierre doesn’t have, it’s a garden.” He chuckles at that thought of having life to his own Kingdom.

Anastasia smiled at her words, “Good. I must warn you, though I haven’t been among the nobles for six years now. Things could’ve changed in my absence, but I will remain adamant in teaching you what I remember.” Feeling the Elf’s hands squeeze hers. It was a kind gesture to reassure her. Through Elora’s words, she could only imagine what having a sister was like, even better, an older sister. “Your sister sounds lovely.” She complimented. “As for having not two brothers, but six brothers. I could say it was a nightmare, but that would be woefully untrue. I felt like a shield, in a metaphorical sense, taking care of the younger ones. While it’s true that we each had our own servants, tasked to do anything at our will, we stayed close with one another. And being one of the eldest, though I’m a Princess, they taught me how to wield a sword and to defend against agitators and opponents. It’s useless now to have this knowledge, but I was sent away almost at the same time they sent Archie away to fight in the Civil War. My father sent me away in case Archie might not make it back alive. As the second-in-line to the throne, I was against leaving my other brothers, but I can see now why my father did what he had to.” She relayed to Elora.

Anastasia could hear the sounds of heavy steps, presuming to belong to her twin. When the smell of barracks and dirt wafted through her nostrils, she knew it was him. She could identify her brothers from their distinguishing scents, and Archie smelled more like a commoner. Not that she minded, but it was easier to part him from her other brothers. With whispered words from Archie, she heard him leave again after chiding him.

Only turning her head toward Elora’s words, “No problems, Elora. My twin is overly protective now that he knows I’m blind, even suffocatingly so. I’m glad you brought me outside.” She retorts.

Last edited:
Back