The Beginning of Their Demise (I don’t even know what this is)

Sunshine

“There are a lot of monsters out there, right? There are monsters that hurt people like children and adults. There are monsters that kill both living things and hope.”
”That’s a bit dark for a child, don’t you think? Especially for a young girl like you Miyo.”
Her older brother smiled before reaching across the small table to serve himself food. The girl simply shrugged her shoulders, mimicking what the elder was doing.

“Why do you ask?”
Miyo looked up and shrugged, avoiding eye contact befire finally giving up.
”Because all monsters can’t be bad, right? They have to have feelings too. They have hearts and a mind. They can’t do horrible things and not feel bad.”
That made him close his eyes in wonder.
”I suppose you’re right. But, it all depends. Some monster might feel empathy while other’s don’t. But, you shouldn’t worry about it.”
Miyo blinked in confusion, wondering what he meant. “Why not?”
He smiled. “Because your big brother is here to protect you.”
Liar.
You were supposed to protect me, not die. I’m all alone know. Don’t you feel guilty?
I was in pain.
You weren’t supposed to leave me.

༄༄༄
There was a flash of lighting before the deafening boom of thunder. The rain never stopped coming down, thumping against the roof and everything it could touch.
Miyo liked storm. They were such a mystery to her that she couldn’t help but be fascinated by them.
She sat the engawa of her home, wrapped up in a few extra layers of clothes to battle that harsh winds that brought rain along with it, dampening her hair. She could care less, though, wanting to stay outside and watch the storm progress and eventually die out. Miyo wasn’t worried about missing anything. She had no more desires to see the world or to learn new things.
After all. The countdown had already begun.

Back