Ame Damnee The Bellum Amphitheater

Aman

Dragon Priestess
Benefactor
The Bellum Amphitheater is currently home to various gladiatorial battles, wild animal hunts, public executions, and sometimes formal duels to resolve a squabble between two parties. It was constructed by slave traders for the purpose of entertainment, and to cull the increasing slave population so that they would not gain large enough numbers that a slave revolt could threaten the authority of the slavers.

The arena became so successful that it was only a matter of time before it caught the attention of nobles, those whom desired to use the arena for their own ends or to just simply enjoy the hosted games, eventually becoming as much a place of politics as a place of entertainment.

There are eighty exits and entrances leading to the inside of the Bellum Amphitheater, seventy six of which are numbered with tickets being sold at each of these entrances. Two entrances used by gladiators or those participating in the games, one for the removal of the dead gladiators, the other used by victors or survivors. The last two entrances are reserved exclusively for the nobles. While outside, an individual could view the colossal open arcades on each floor and statue filled arches.

The Bellum Amphitheater has three floors, each floor has three rows of seat for spectators -- except for the first floor, as it has a single row of seats for the best view. The first floor is elevated by fifteen feet off the ground for the crowd's protection, with a stone wall encircling the arena.

The arena floor was made of wood and covered by sand, the arena floor itself covered the elaborate underground structure consisting of a network of tunnels which housed the gladiators and wild animals before games began. Eighty vertical shafts provided instant access to the arena for caged animals and gladiators. The network of tunnels connected to nearby stables and the gladiators barracks, while separate tunnels were constructed for nobles so that they may enter and exit without the need to go through the crowds.
{Credit to Marcsun for this location.}

Last edited by a moderator:
Jocasta, Abandoned Amphitheatre

She darted as fast as legs could carry her. She didn't know where she'd landed at; It just looked like some kind of stone circle from the outside. Jocasta stumbled inside the sandy area, tearing apart her dress, tripping, and falling down in the middle of the arena, rolling around in the sand, feeling the seering hotness against her skin. It burned. "What do I do?" Her voice was devoid of emotion, her heart empty as it had been for thirty years. "Where do I hide now?" She generated hundreds of thorny vines with roses out of thin air and let the thorns slice into her skin, into her undergarment. "What is my purpose in this life? To be a burden, to murder the ones I love?" Her hands dug up fistfuls of sand and let them sift through her fingers. Her time was running out, slowly. She hadn't even realized that a large scaly creature had flown overhead and was gradually getting closer to her.

You are never a burden.

"Who said that?"

Have you forgotten, Delphine?

"What?"

Think harder.

"Calan?"

Look behind you.

Just as Jocasta rolled onto her other side, a pair of big scaly red dragon feet with long black claws. She slowly sat up, tears beginning to roll down her face. "Calan," she whispered. "You found me. You came back." Jocasta felt a chill crawl down her spine. She felt cold, tired.
This is not the Delphine I know. What happened to you? She wanted to touch his scales, but he was hesitant to allow her. "I'm sorry, Calan. I'm different now. Please don't leave me. I lost them all. I lost them," Jocasta sobbed quietly, standing up. Who is them? She looked up at his amber eyes. Confusion, torment. She knew what he was feeling because she felt it too. Their bond hadn't fallen completely, but where was he all this time? Why could she never find him? She struggled to understand why he decided to come back now. "They are my friends. The Circle." Her voice was still quiet, though Calan could hear her perfectly fine. What is this Circle you speak of?

"The Circle of Sanctity. We treasure a goddess named Aditi. She showers us with love, warmth, and peace. She's given me everything I needed." Her voice began to break as the sun began to hide behind the clouds. "But I can't give her what she wants. I can't be the person she wants me to be." Calan was still on guard and it made her even more insecure about her flaws and shortcomings. You've changed. You're dead to me, Delphine. What have they done to you? You are not yourself. She cried into her hands and told him everything. "I'm not human anymore. I became a vampire. I became a vampire because he wanted me to become one. I didn't want to disappoint him. I'd already gone through so much torture, so much agony. The rack, thumbscrews, drowning my head in water... Maric drained me of my life more than once, I was seduced by him and Hi'dric. I tried to pass their test, but I should've known I'd never be as good as they wanted me to be."

The large red dragon took a step forward and lowered his body to the ground. "Calan, I'm not an evil person. I've spilled too much blood and I can never take it back. I regret everything. I can't live this life anymore. Take me somewhere far away. I'm tired of being someone I'm not." He nodded silently as Jocasta walked towards him, empty and hopeless. She reached her hand out and just as she was about to lay her hand on his scales, he pulled back a little. She cringed, her vision becoming blurry. "Please, Calan. Let me touch you again. I missed you." He tried to relax and she slowly placed her hand on his scales. She could feel him shiver. "I'm sorry. I'm not warm anymore." He shook his head and replied in a deep timbre, It is simply something I'll have to get used to. She climbed onto his back and felt a completely different feeling take over. It was foreign. Hang on, unless you've forgotten how to ride as well.

"Never," she murmured. He began to flap his wings and she quickly moved to clutch onto the spikes on his back. He lifted up into the air and they flew off. It was like training all over again.

Kaleo - Abandoned Amphitheater
Kaleo didn't let up until the amphitheater was finally in sight. He raced through the entrance until he landed in the large, oval pit, his paws kicking up a wave of sand as he skidded to a stop. Kaleo shifted back into a human as he turned to face the entrance, his chest rising and falling quickly as he silently tried to regain his breath. The moon was high in the sky at this point, and Kaleo basked in its pale light as it filtered down on him. He took a deep breath, allowing the moon to calm and strengthen him, as it did for all werewolves. He felt his heartbeat once again slow to a steady, rhythmic pace. Kaleo reached up and touched the warpaint on his nose as he glanced around, taking stock of the many entrances to the catacombs down below. Those might be useful.

Kaleo tried not to think about how this battle would end; either his death or Hi'dric's. Neither option sounded very appealing. Perhaps he could just leave him trapped in a vision for a while while he escaped, but then what? He'd just track him down again. Kaleo shifted his feet, his gaze uncertain as he watched the entrance for Hi'dric. It seemed he had no other option. He could feel Phobos pulling at the back of his mind, trying to speak to him, but he shut him out. He didn't want to hear that beast's opinion on the matter.

Hi'dric Varon Normell-Ampitheatre
Hi'dric's movement was slow and graceful as he entered the ampitheatre. He enjoyed the chase but now that it finally came to an end, it excited him even more as he neared Kaleo. Once he reached him, Hi'dric neared until there was a couple of feet of space between them and he shook his head. "I honestly was going to try and talk things out with you, you don't have to believe my but what I say is true. Yet, that little sign you did back there with the two females cemented the fact that diplomacy wasn't going to work." He shrugged. "I'll enjoy spilling your blood more so anyway." He grinned, his face twisting in a sick grimace more than a smile as he lunged at Kaleo, his claw nails aimed immediately for his throat.

Kaleo watched as Hi'dric strolled in the entrance. The man was taller than Kaleo, so he had to tilt his head up some to look him in the eye once he stood in front of him. His eyes were cold as Hi'dric spoke about "diplomacy" and "talking it out." Considering how one-sided that conversation would have been, Kaleo wasn't convinced Hi'dric had ever intended such a thing, it would only have been meant to ease his own conscience. The thought made him grit his teeth.

I don't apologize for the things I do. I don't need fancy words like you.

Kaleo was ready for Hi'dric's attack and ducked easily. However, rather than moving away he rolled forward at full force into the man's legs, hoping to knock him down. At the end of the roll, Kaleo was naturally propelled to his feet, where he whipped around, drawing Mirage from its sheath. His eyes narrowed as his arms were raised into a defensive position with the dagger held at the ready.

When Kaleo looked at him before his attack, he knew that the boy didn't believe him but Hi'dric was all for honesty. So much so when Kaleo went for his leg, he easily jumped over the boy's attack watching him fulfill his roll, he spoke once more. "Shame you don't believe me. I didn't care for an apology, I just wanted to know why. What pushed you to do that to Jocasta." he said with a sigh, as he continued to look in Kaleo's eyes. Slowly he shifted his forms, his white hair changing to black and his lavendar eyes pooling with crimson red. "Here Kaleo, does it help to look at my true face as I drain your blood from you? You are not worthy of Aditi's blessing or the cover of the Circle. You've shamed the brand you carry so you must die." With that, he charged at the boy again, pulling his sword from his sheath and swinging it towards the boy's midsection.

Kaleo moved backward so that Hi'dric's swing missed him by a hair. Not even missing a beat, the lycan slid to the side, pressing the button on the end of the dagger. As Kaleo dashed around behind Hi'dric, Mirage hissed as it left a trail of thick, black smoke behind him. Fear gas. Kaleo stood poised to move again, watching cautiously as the smoke writhed and seemed drawn toward his opponent, almost like it had a mind of its own. He wasn't sure the smoke would affect the vampire in the same way it did with most people; most likely he would be immune to its hallucinogenic properties. Still, it made for a pretty good distraction. As if it would make a difference... Kaleo tried to ignore the creeping dread that he probably wouldn't get out of this alive. And with that dread came another feeling: a chill in his heart, like a cold hand had just wrapped around it.

Oh no you don't.

Without taking his eyes of Hi'dric, Kaleo quickly sliced his own arm with the dagger.

Hi'dric Varon Normell- The Ampitheatre
The smoke played with Hi'dric for a moment, making him freeze in his actions as faint images danced before his eyes. It would have held him until the scent of blood snapped him from it. With a growl, he lunged forward again towards Kaleo, anger fueling his movements as he spun to try and kick the boy backwards. Not letting up, he sent his swords towards him once more.

Kaleo - Amphitheater
Kaleo managed to dodge the kick, but the sword was moving too fast for him to avoid. Instinctually, he raised Mirage to block. Normally a dagger would never have held up against a sword, but somehow the blade withstood the full force of the impact. The blades locked for a moment with a metallic ring before Kaleo twisted the dagger, forcing the blades apart. With Hi'dric sword now pointed toward the ground, Kaleo slashed at the vampire's arm.

Hi'dric let the blade cut across his arm, glancing down at the wound before looking back at Kaleo. His face was void of emotion, seemingly done with words as he lifted his sword with quick movement towards his midsection. Letting out a guttural laugh, he tossed his sword aside at the last minute and lunged for the lycan with his hands aimed for the boy's throat, throwing all of his body into the lunge.

Kaleo - Amphitheater
Kaleo threw his arms up to block the attack, but he wasn't fast enough to avoid the blow. Instead, Hi'dric's claws made a deep gash across his cheek, just barely missing his eye. For a brief moment, as the blood trickled down his face, Kaleo felt the chill in his heart spread. The feeling slowed as the wound on his cheek began to knit itself together again, though the blood remained. Kaleo began to hack at Hi'dric with the dagger, with each slash holding more and more force as his eyes burned with a newfound rage. Although, the anger wasn't directed at Hi'dric.

Hi'dric Varon Normell- The Ampitheatre
Hi'dric chuckled under his breath as Kaleo rushed to slash at him, picking up on the rising anger in the werewolf. He was tempted to play with Kaleo a bit and let the dagger hit him but thought against it as he began to mutter a spell in a language that was incomprehensible. Soon a darkness surrounded Hi'dric's hand as he rose it to aim right at Kaleo. A few short moments when by before the darkness left his hand and moved to Kaleo at a blinding speed, right towards his face.

Kaleo - Amphitheater
Kaleo barely had time to block the energy with his blade as it came streaming toward his face. Mirage took the full force of the impact, attracting the dark energy like lightning to a metal pole. Unfortunately, like a metal pole, the dagger only served as a conductor as the energy traveled down the blade and across Kaleo's arm. The lycan shuddered almost as if he had been electrocuted, and his pupils dialated for a second before returning to normal.

Kaleo took a step back from Hi'dric and looked down at his arm, which was now steaming and dyed black like ink. He smirked.

Nice try. Kaleo looked back at Hi'dric with gleaming eyes. But stupid.

Mirage was sparking and crackling with dark energy; there was a quiet hiss as the smoke began to slip out of the hilt again. You do know where dark energy comes from, right? Kaleo looked down at the dagger again as he twirled it thoughtfully. It's ironic that someone who claims to serve Aditi has such close ties to the Devil. Phobos gave a harsh bark of laughter before continuing, But what can you expect from a daemon-spawn? Kaleo raised an eyebrow at Hi'dric.

Hi'dric Van Normell- Ampitheatre
Hi'dric shook his head at Kaleo. "So the mute speaks. And no, I was given these powers before I found the love of Aditi. Would you like to see more?" he asked, his hand still covered in darkness. He chuckled as he walked over to Kaleo, reaching out to him. "I feel you have more words to say or are you going to do to me what you did to Jocasta, huh?" He asked, anger in his voice.

Phobos - Amphitheater
Kaleo smiled smugly as the voice chuckled. Believe what you want; your simple mind wouldn't be able to wrap itself around the truth anyway. Kaleo didn't bother to move away from Hi'dric when he approached; he simply watched with that smug grin.

But no, I'm not going to do to you what Kaleo did to Jocasta. Kaleo reached out and grabbed Hi'dric arm in a grip hard enough to crush bones while the voice snarled, I'm going to do far, far worse.

And just like that, everything melted away to blackness. The darkness was thick and impossible to see through, though something about it seemed so very alive, almost as if it was breathing. A disembodied voice chuckled, echoing around the space and making it seem as if it was coming from every direction. "Oh, how I missed this! As much fun as it is parading around in that shell of a boy, this is always the best part." A figure strolled out of the darkness, his wide, white eyes just barely glowing enough to illuminate his body. He was short, with black smoke writhing around his pitch black form, and unbelievably gaunt; his bones jutting out at disturbing angles. However the most off-setting thing about him was his mouth, which was twisted into a manic smile that was altogether too big for his face, curling up past his cheekbones. He radiated a feeling of fear, pulsing like a heartbeat in the darkness. As he stepped closer he seemed to grow steadily taller, so by the time he stood in front of Hi'dric he was exactly the same height. He looked the vampire up and down for a moment before his form began to change, his black body seeming to melt in some areas before re-knitting into a different form. When he was done, Hi'dric was looking at a shadowy reflection of himself, though the smile remained the same.

"Shall we get started?" Phobos asked cheerfully.

Then the shadowy form ignited in flames.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
In the real world, Kaleo released Hi'dric with a disgusted flick of his hand before turning and walking away, sheathing the still-sparking Mirage. The vision would continue even if he wasn't making physical contact, though Kaleo's eyes seemed blank. While Phobos was still controlling his body, his real focus was on the fear-scape. So Kaleo absently walked out of the amphitheater, leaving Hi'dric behind.

Hi'dric felt the urge to get away from this creature, whatever he was. Yet the question remained on how you get away from something in his mind. He couldn't understand what he was seeing, what was before him, where he was. He felt everything of the real world and this...world around him, yelling for him to run, to get away. He couldn't. This was going to be it for him. Either die by a creature that seemed to have crawled out of Lucifer himself or die by his own hands. It wasn't as if he had anything to live for anymore. "Do you worst, beast." He called to Phobos, dropping down to his knees.

Phobos - Amphitheater
And his worst he did. Though Phobos had significantly less power in this world than he had in the other, the skills he had garnered over hundreds of years was no petty thing. The beast knew how to weave such a web of fear and deception inside a person's mind, that even without his power he could break someone with only a few images, a few well-placed words. Oh, Kaleo had learned a few tricks from him over the years, but his control over fear was nothing compared to Fear itself. And now, now Phobos was free to do the very thing he had so longed for. Twenty years he'd had to put up with being boxed inside Kaleo's head. He'd had his fun there, but this little endeavor was pure intoxication, and every drop of madness only gave birth to more within Phobos.

Unfortunately, things were cut short. He'd only gotten about halfway through everything he'd been planning to show to this pathetic vampire when he could feel himself being wrenched away. Kaleo was interfering. Phobos tried to fight it, but the boy had grown stronger lately, and within moments, the beast vanished, along with his hold on Hi'dric.

Rayen Ales, Amphitheater - Third Floor, Third Row of Seats
s-02cc4cee049a34d8eaefccfd9e0bb8013e3adcd0.jpg

Meaning: To spew forth. The vomitorium spewed forth people in a stadium.
Emerging from the vomitorium, the Seelie Faery trudged up the stairs, taking a bitter seat as he watched the combatants from above, hidden among the massive rows and columns of seats. As much as he knew, the stadium wasn't quite meant to have any battles today and it was unlikely that the event planning would have changed so radically in the past hour he had spent exploring the massive structure. No onlookers, this was a true battle. He felt an old urge stir, one his younger self would have jumped at, yet he stilled himself, content with simply observing the brawl. After all, there was simply no reason for intervention, it would simply slow the natural process; the winner takes all, and the loser dies, simple as that. Leaning back in his seat and propping his feet up against the seat ahead of him, Rayen struggled to restrain his brooding. He had traversed Oblitus to find answers, expecting to find something of substance, able to end the turmoil consuming the lands, yet he found a plethora of beings rather than the holy grail. Yet again, this trail had led him to another dead end, another failure, but this stuck out from the rest, he had found the closest link to what he sought. Unfortunately, to him, they were simply another frayed golden link along a chain of lead, seemingly past their prime; a waning force that was desperately trying to erase the far-too-massive shadow its former splendor had cast. One day he would be able to right the wronged, perhaps end the tensions between the Faeries, perhaps even save this plagued world, rotting from the inside and out. That was his dream, and nothing seemed further than such a fantasy. I'll depart tomorrow, until then, we rest. A lifetime of searching needs a lifetime of rest and preparation.

Hi'dric felt Phobos slip from his mind as his senses came back to him. Sweat rolled down his face as he gathered himself and walked back to the Necropolis. He felt it. The need to end everything was at the very tips of his fingers but alas, it was not his time to go. "Please Aditi. Do not torture a man for much longer. I'm willing to give you my life, please take me." he begged, tears rolling out of his eyes.

"So he's here then?" Bryn asked, turning towards Wroth, her voice tired. "If he's not, I will uproot Abaddon to find him if I have to." she growled under her breath. With a sigh, she reached for Wroth's arm to pull him inside, smacking her face against a solid surface as she did so. "Fuck. Alright, you lead then." She said, rubbing her face. "Being blind is not fun."

Wroth
Amphitheater

"Nose never lies." He said to her before she grabbed his arm and smashed her face into the wall. If this was any other day he would have possibly been snickering a little at how many things she has been running into, and maybe tell a joke, just to lighten the mood. But right now they needed to be focused on the task at hand, also he was feeling too tired to even think of a good joke. Sweat was pouring down his face like he just ran 10 marathons. If they needed to turn Abbadon upside down to find Greed than Wroth would possibly faint.

Leading her into the massive hall, using ever senses he could to track Rayen. He could help but remember when he was a kid, well when he had the body of a kid. He had ruined a play that was meant for Lillith by crashing into the play drunk, he did manage to snicker at that though Brynhild must have been confused at his sudden giggle fit. "Memories." He said smiling, "Just Memori- Where the fuck have you been!?" Wroth looked straight up at the third row of seats, lost in thought his body must have been tracking the scent for him. They stood center in the theater where it looked as if a battle had just taken place. There were other scents still fresh, one of a vampire, and the other smiled like a lycan..... Along with a hell-spawn. Wroth's eyes narrowed almost to slits, for but a brief moment he had forgotten about Legion. "What happened here."

Back