Deus Ex Machina The Black Market

Edward - The Black Market
Edward looked at the woman skeptically then bakc to Matrix. "I really don't think-" he paused and thought for a moment. As usual his partner had a point. There could be benefits to having good connections with the Blue Devils and with Zicari removed, business could increase exponentially. He huffed.
"Very well. But I'm pulling us out at the first sign of trouble." He turned to the woman. "What do you need from us?"

Itzel-The Black Market
"I need you to tell me the information of this automaton you need." Itzel said, crossing her arms. "This has to be first, I believe that this is on a time budget, is it not? If we are successful, we can proceed with my part of the deal." she spoke simply, nearing Edward. She studied him for a moment before pinching his cheek. "You are rather cute. It would have been a shame if you died. Good thing, huh?" she chuckled before backing away. "Alright, so tell me about this automaton.

The action caught Edward off guard. He rubbed his cheek. Cute? Him? No one had ever called him cute before. Disgusting, vile, weasely, these where the adjectives that he was most familiar with. He was indignant. He wasn't cute. Charming maybe, but not cute. But he held is tongue. Now was not the time for petty name calling. He cleared his throat and acted as if the incident had never taken place.

"It's name is Subject 5, but prefers to be called Elsie." he said glancing at the automaton. "According to the auctioneer, she is state of the art, and has a rather... interesting structure." He paused for dramatic effect. "She has a human skeleton inside her."

"Oh, that automaton." Itzel said with a nod. "So we just hide the automaton. It'll get the boss all jittery." She looked over at Edward with an excited grin. "Ready to see some magic?" She stepped closer lowering her voice to a whisper. "Here's the trick: I snatch the automaton. You get out now, meet up at the Twilight River. Also, lay low, boss wants you crippled in the very least." She patted Edward's cheek before shooing them off. "Get going."

Matrix-13 - The Black Market

The hulking automaton watched the right hand of Zicari shoo them away. Once they turned the corner of the market, he gave Ed a little rib tickle. "I think she likes you. Regardless, making ourselves scarce seems to be the best course of action at this time. Shall we retire to the hideout?" He asked.

Edward - The Black Market
It was all he could do to keep from slapping the woman's hand away. Really, this was humiliating. He nodded curtly, spun on his heel, and strode briskly away with Matrix; his head held high. No one could strip him of his dignity. No one. Matrix's teasing didn't help matters.

"That woman can-" he caught himself and cleared his throat. "Can be quite charming." He finished; his voice hitching slightly at the end. "But yes, we should get to the hideout as quickly as possible."

Tobias Vizeer - The Black Market

A dark haired man had been watching the entire exchange from the shadows. His intense brown eyes absorbing every bit of information he could about the other con artist and his large automaton. As they departed, Tobias Vizeer emerged, having thought of an interesting idea. He moved towards the center of the market, looking for his wife's station. Sure enough, she was selling her scam of the day to the peons of the moon level. Whatever it took to keep the Scarlet Wolves funded.

He gave a whistle to her and indicated that he wanted to talk away from the crowd, ducking into an alleyway. Selena would know that it was important, he never got in the way of her scams when it wasn't important.

Selena Vizeer - The Black Market

The sound of the whistle cut through the air, one that would not be remarkable to everyone else in the area, as it lingered amongst the chatter and the sounds of steam engines. Only her could really know what it really meant. It looks like her dear husband is up to something and needed her help. No matter, she was done with her quota for today anyway.

Discreetly excusing herself from the situation, she walked away from her target, who was probably unaware that she had just nabbed him his purse. She walked towards the crowd, through the crowd, tapping the shoulder of one of her subordinates and passing along her loot for it to be stored safely, before walking into an alleyway. There he saw him, waiting for her, and she made a smile as she put her hands on her waist. "You called?"

His visage instantly brightened when he saw her smile. Selena always knew how to brighten his day, even in the forever dim lighting of the Moon Level. Coming over and planting a kiss on her forehead, he launched into his findings. "Seems like dear old Zicari has a rebel in his ranks. Some girl who's face I cant place, but she's definitely a higher up in the Devils. She's enlisted the help of another con artist and his rather large automaton bodyguard to help her. I think this guy might even be a half brother of yours. His mannerisms resemble Malitia, like yours do. You thinking what I'm thinking?" He asked, a sadistic grin on his face.

She raised an eyebrow at his claim, especially when he mentioned the con artist that may be her half-brother. Of course, it comes as no surprise. Children of Malitia usually end up in the same field of living. She had not encountered this person yet though, as far as she could tell. The Moon Level is a huge place. Regardless, she couldn't help but smile at that enthusiastically sadistic grin Tobias has on his face. She knew what's on his mind, alright.

"If you're thinking about giving our dear Zicari a piece of hell, we're certainly of the same wavelength." she said as she put a hand on his cheek, affectionately. "This is dangerous. It could end up as a big gang fight. We could get killed..." she trailed off, excitement dancing in her eyes. "I love it. So how do you plan to approach them? I'll support you. I always will."

He took the hand on his cheek with his own hand, softly reveling in the comfort it gave before lowering it so they were merely holding hands. "I heard the girl say that she was planning on meeting them at the Twilight River at midnight. I say we get some of the boys and give them a little surprise." He said with a wink. "Show them a taste of our might before expressing our interest in working together. What do you say?"

"Twilight River..." she trailed off, looking thoughtful. "I see. Giving them a bit of a show does seem interesting, that way we will also see just what they could do."

He nodded as his wife affirmed his thought process. "Just imagine what's gonna happen when I finally get my hands on Nelson." He said, a wild look in his eyes. "Every injury I could cause, the many looks of horror and suffering that he'll go through before his misery finally ends. The withdrawal... oh the withdrawal symptoms from his drug shall be most intriguing, I've never tortured an addict before. Gods, I'm growing giddy just thinking about it." He said.

Walking around in the black market, purchasing some items along the way. Itzel had to think of a way to free Elsie. It was a spur of the moment plan but she made a deal and she had to keep to her word. "Nelson? Zicari Nelson?" Itzel replied. "My boss and you want to torture him. I love the idea." she smiled as she waved towards them removing her hood. Mr. and Mrs. Vizeer, it's a pleasure to meet you. "I'm Itzel, right hand of Zicari." She smiled at the married couple, holding out her hand to shake. "I do apologize for the distaste my boss seems to have of you, all I can say is I don't share that with him. Rather, I seek a deal," she paused leaning in close, her voice a whisper. "I would like to deal the killing blow. He hurt something very close to me and I need to see him go." Itzel smiled as she leaned away. "Do be careful what you say around here. You weren't speaking too quietly. He has ears everywhere, I know you do as well."

"Now I do have an issue which it would be hard for us to reach that point. There's an automaton that I need to steal from here, if you'd be willing to help me. This'll get him a little jittery and we can work with that really well." Her smile grew a bit dark before glancing back at the two. "Your thoughts?

There was, again, the wild look in Toby's eyes that people would probably get disturbed with, but as he continued mumbling on his torture fantasies, all she did was smile and nod approvingly. He looks so cute when he acts like that, lost in his own thoughts and giddy as a young child. Instead of commenting, she simply stood on the tip of her toes and kissed him, lovingly ---

"Nelson? Nelson Zicari?" a voice from nowhere suddenly stated. Selena's hand twitched as she pulled back, a little irritated by the sudden intrusion. The woman who intruded continued as she removed her hood, however, stating her name, her intentions, her plans... naive. Selena's eyes were cold as she regarded her, even more so when she implied an insult. Do be careful what you say around here. You weren't speaking too quietly.

She smiled. A friendly smile. Something that no one will ever consider as threatening. The woman seemed confident... but now it's time to see just how far that confidence lies. "You speak big for someone who hasn't shown us what you're capable yet. Being Zicari's right-hand man doesn't mean anything when shit hits the fan. Unless you have quite a following behind you... now, that will be impressive." She licked her lips, and when she opened her mouth again, her voice seemed a little off, almost echoic, at least to Itzel. While they do need her help to get rid of a common enemy, it was normal procedure for her to only accept the partnerships of people who can withstand her abilities, who has enough mental fortitude to keep on their goals. "You are a weak little girl. At least as far as I'm concerned. How can we use you?"

Michael Masagrove - The Black Market
Skipping down the dirty path in which was made of a material he was unsure of and did not want to know about, Michael smiled in glee as he tried to search for the loony named Emily. Honestly, if he were searching for anyone else, his feet would have dragged across the floor in a melancholic and depressed way but Emily was exciting! She was exactly the type of girl who knew how to liven up a conversation about illegal weaponry and organ sales. With great haste, he passed quietly through the masses of people, trying to get past everyone crowding around and standing and chatting. His only hope of finding her was the quiet stall in the secluded area of the market where not a lot of people knew about or dared go to. Using his cane, he subtly pushed people out of his way in an indirect manner before reaching a desolate stall with nothing on it to decorate it or make it stand out.

His hand found its way to the table that stood in front, a silver bell stoop atop it.

It rang.

Itzel stared at Selena with a mocking smile. "Assumptions are not a good way to go about things now, is it? I find you two useful as well, glad we're on the same page there. Anywho, wouldn't you want an inside contact in the Blue Devils? I can provide that along with whatever is in my power that you ask of me. I hope it would be the same way around. After all, we do share a common goal. The enemy of my enemy is my ally, no?" She knew she would be underestimated by the couple automatically. Justifiably so, as compared to them, she was nothing more than a glorified bodyguard. Still, she held a position that was very advantageous to the alliance she was hoping to make with them.

Itzel shot a glance at Selena, still put on edge by the woman's power. It took everything she had to fight back, riding on pure will alone. She needed this alliance, nothing will take her from this. No matter how strong the power she had to fight back against. She wasn't afraid of Selena, but noted very well not to step on any toes. Itzel was fine to admit that she does not want to be on the receiving side of that.

Last edited:

Tobias heard the shift in Selena's voice, he knew his wife's voice well enough to know when she used her powers, so it caught him by surprise when it held no effect on this young bodyguard of Zicari's. "Fascinating." He said as he prowled around Itzel, sizing up every inch of her. "It's not often I meet someone who actually demands something of me, besides my lovely wife, of course. If we accept this little partnership of yours, I can permit you to deal the killing blow, after I make sure the bastard suffers for all that he's done."

He gave Selena a devious smile before turning back to Itzel. "This automaton, you want it for the con artist and his bodyguard, correct? We're not the only ones who were speaking too loud. Hmm, if you introduce us to those new friends of yours, I think we might have a foundation to build this partnership on." He said, taking her hand in a strong grip, but not shaking quite yet. "Do we have a deal, Ms. Itzel?"

Back