The boarding school

ODSTDRAGON

ODSTDRAGON
Meric dragged his feet to school. He really didn’t want to go. He could be in bed. Or sneaking booze, having a cigarette, or off playing video games. Anything but be here. But it was the beginning of a new semester and new kids would be moving in and showing up in a few hours ,Oh yippe. A new year soon it would come and then be gone.

It was 5:00 am when he reached his dorm he seriously hoped his room mate wasn’t up. He was terrified at the possibility his roommate could be awake. He opened the door, and was immiatedly assaulted by spiders. They rain ontop of his head sliding into his shirt and all over the floor. Finally a bucket his the top of his head ending the dreadful rain. He yelps and falls tothe ground rolling swatting at himself anything to get them off of his skin out of his clothes and pants and away from them. Luckily they’re mostly harmless for him. It could’ve been much worse.
“ ARETHESEFREAKINGSPIDERS???”
He was horribly freaked out.

He heard the insane laugh of his room mate. The freckled faced kid shrugged and helps him up. “Don’t you know the freezing cold water bucket was old and obvious! I’ve gotta step up my game !” He laughs a bit more but Meric was tired of it and have him a solid slug in the throat. It didn’t stop him only make him sound like a wheezing old skeleton from a cartoon. Honestly he was more scared if his room mate than angry. Ray never stops.
“ I swear if I find Even one spider in my bed I’m feeding you your own dick.”
“ trust me if there was one in your bed you wouldn’t live to do it!” He sang back like a mocking bird. He then spun around like a ballerina before spraying the room and everywhere with spider repellent.

Morning came the unlucky ones got shipped in by bus at 7:00 am. Lucky ones had their parents drop them off at 10 am.

Meric didn’t care he’d slept through this whole damn day. If his room mate would let him. Luckily Ray, due to his room mate’s sunglassss and the fact that no one really called him his name, not even the teachers it was either Ray, the terror, asshole , or the Joker among the emo crowd, had to leave to go bother other people. Moral was every one hated him.
He was glad no one had showed up to take the room next to theirs maybe he could sneak In and sleep in peace.

Last edited:
Luke was excited. Well, excited and scared. Actually really scared. He'd never been on his own before, not like this. Yeah he was used to cooking by himself and remembering to do his homework by himself and getting to school by himself, but home was still home, even if he was mostly by himself in it. This wasn't home. It was probably a lot better than home if he was gonna be honest, but he didn't know that yet so it was still scary.

He had all his bags, he made sure to count all his bags. They had to be carried by the bus but he made sure he got all of them back. He didn't wanna lose any of his stuff. He didn't have all that much of it, all of it was important. He carried it all the way to his new room that had a key and everything (another thing he had to make sure not to lose), all by himself. He brought all of it inside...

And someone was there. The school people said he'd have to share a room with another boy, and he was okay with that, but this boy looked like he was sneaking in from the side door. Would a roommate do that, or was this someone else? Should he ask? He should probably ask.

"Hi." He said first, because that was the polite thing to do. "You my roommate?Or no? I'm Luke."

Meric has thought the room was his that he could skip in and out and sleep in peace. He stops dead as a voice rings out. He jumps ten feet in the air and turn to face Luke letting out a sigh of relief.
“ Oh thank god it’s just you and not an adminstertor. No I’m not your room mate unfortunately. Well I’ll jsut leave you be!”

Damn it! Someone else has this room. Maybe it can still work out hopefully there is another vacant room he can slip into but it was all he could do not to cry, here he was thinking he’d get aaay from Glasses the school terror. He back up to the side door. “ I’ll just take my stuff and leave mhmmm!”
Meric looked like death with his pale skin and his droopy eyes. He looked like he could just pass out standing up and softly sleep in the floor. He didn’t appreciate Luke much st the moment he’d stole his solace.
He get something crawling around in his shirt he smacked at it and out came a spider. How typical. “ sorry about that I’m heading off now!@ he steps through the door and begins to close it.

"Wait!"

Luke was very confused right now. This boy was not his roommate, he said he wasn't, but he had to be in here for some reason, right? Especially if he was trying to leave so fast, like he felt guilty about something. Was something wrong? Luke wanted to know, before the boy disappeared.

"You don't gotta leave yet if you don't want to." He told the boy, because it was true. He even put his bags down so he could go up to the side door and keep it open while he said so. "You can come back in. I don' mind. My roommate isn' here yet either, so he can't mind. You can stay all the way 'til he comes. 'Cause he might mind then, I dunno yet. I dunno him. Or you. But you're here, so I can know you if you want. Do you...?"

Meric stopped surprised he was being told to wait. He wasn’t some dog but typically people had more to say afterwards so he’d stay and listened.

Honestly he was quite surprised by the fact this stranger wanted him to stay at least until the person who was actually suppose to be in this room showed up. That was fair so he through it over. He grumbles a bit to make it seem like it was a hard decision a bargaining trick that had become habit. He then proceeded to nod like it was that hard of a thing to decide on.

“ Alright you’ve talked me into it. Just make sure to wake me up when he gets here. I’d hate to just steal someone’s bed when they need it.”
He put on a fake smile and walked over to the bed. With zero hesetation he fell into it face first. He took that pillow and buried his face in it. It was so much softer than his own after everything Ray had put his pillow through.

Just like that he was off to the world of dreams.

Luke was just happy the boy said yes to staying. He wasn't sure why, he just liked that he wasn't running away all sad-like like he was before. And he really needed a nap, if Luke was guessing right by the way he fell asleep so fast. He didn't even make a lot of noise or fuss, so Luke just quietly started unpacking and let the boy nap. Maybe Luke should ask his name when he woke up...

Luke lost track of time unpacking, but it wasn't a whole lot later when someone else walked in the door. He was real fancy-looking, with hair that looked all red like cherries and a fancy jacket and stuff. He didn't look happy either, but it was a different unhappy than the sleeping boy. It was more angry, less scared. Not all the way angry and no scared, but he had a real grumpy look on his face instead of a dark-eye pouty face.

And the first thing he said was "One of you is clearly in the wrong room. Care to explain why?"

Meric was in a daze he was barely conscious and only really woke up at the end of his nap. He heard some one who sounded very upset. He didn’t really like the aggression going on.
“ I’ll just see myself out.”
He pops up and goes for the side door.
“ sorry about that mate cya later.”

He didn’t want his nap to end his was still groggy. His movement sluggish he slips into his room feeling like a solid door of doom has shut on him. He didn’t want to be in his own room any more than he had to but he had to sleep while Ray was away. So he closed the door and hope the new kid didn’t cuss him out. Last thing he needed was another jerk in his life.

Orientation would be soon now that most kids had arrivied.

Back