Adenovirus 423 The Bridge

First one, and then another, and then one more. Bhadra would look up at the sky and let out a loud and might string of curses, punctuated by a zealous and wrath-filled "FUCK!" Too many people. Too many people!! This was supposed to be No Man's Land, and within half an hour, three useless pukes had stumbled upon his hunting ground. "TITUS! We're leaving!" The area was too hot. Time to retreat back to the nest, and shoot any one who followed him.

Slowly, Marcus would begin to back pedal, rifle still raised, flicking back and forth between each of the strangers. The white haired cross dresser. The little girl. The leatherbound tomboy. He'd remember each of them. Their voices, their faces. The child especially. Next time he caught her in his sights, he'd plug her first, ask questions later, then give her body to his mutts. The dog would whimper, somehow angrily, before getting up and padding towards its Master. It hated to leave the flesh behind, but it knew better than to question Him whenever his voice got that loud. It meant He was angry. An angry Master only lead to broken ribs and lack of food if a canine disobeyed.

"Keep the stuff, girl. I can't bring myself to care anymore. Next time I see you, don't expect a warning. You'll only get one thing if we ever cross paths again. A bullet. If you're lucky, it will kill you. If not, I'll sell you to the gangs. Then you can be a little fuck toy for the druggers and the cannibals until they break you. Just remember that."

Once he was a ten or so yards away from the closest individual, Bhardra would turn and sprint. Fast. Ridiculously so. Turning the first corner he came to, and not stopping, no matter the call outs or gunshots that might follow him.

Abel watched his almost business opportunity going away, running, escaping, and screamed, he let out an enraged scream and stomped on the ground several times, kicking a few rocns away. " FUCK, FUCK, FUCK YOU" he pointed his gun towards the new chick.

"Who the FUCK are you!?, where did you come from?!, you just ruined something important, BITCH" he yelled in an outburst, while moving to hide behind his shopping cart. "Get away from here!, with or without the girl, I dont give a flying shit!!" He was hidden now, gritting his teeth, he was an enraged little man... that he was. He growled, his knuckles white and the hand he wasn't holding a gun with was balled into a fist, nails digging into the palms of his hands.

He felt like a teapot right then, like a kettle, he needed to let the vapor out or he was honestly going to explode. So close, so goddamn close!. And it was ruined because of that stupid, STUPID girl, and that much more stupid and inoportune woman. UGHHHH

What a mess, Verity thought to herself and waited till the loudmouth with a dog had sprinted off before getting up from her hide. The pissed off yelling of the trader could be heard, but that was alright, angry people are much easier to handle than cool and collected ones - such as the other guy before. Thankfully he was far away now, and the girl could move closer to see this other girl she just ‘saved’ - using the word ‘saved’ very loosely.

“You alright there?” Verity asked, eyeing the corpses around. Even if she kept the bag, there could be some things to take from them, guns, ammo and perhaps info too. Worth investigating either way.
“I’d stay away from that guy in future. Both of them really, he doesn’t seem too pleased either,” she grinned, turning to the younger one and pointing to the general direction of the merchant.

But Abel wasn't done. Oh no he wasn't. He left the stuff he had picked from the cart inside it, back where it was before, since they had ruined his fucking deal.

He took a second, a few seconds to collect himself because if he was angry he would be sloppy and he couldn't afford it. But he came back out from behind the cart and the car besides it.

"I honestly don't care if the girl keeps the food, and you keep the girl. But i'm keeping the rest of the bag. Hm?. Since you ruined my deal... " he said, bitterness in his voice. His gun pointed towards the older girl.
"And dont even test my patience because I swear, I swear I will make you six new holes." He said, slowly advancing towards them, or well, not so slowly advancing towards the bags...

If Keaton was going to be frank, he hated No Man's Land. Hated it. It was dirty, barren, and full of repugnant rogues with no sense of class or style. Dressed in grimy rags and covered in dirt smudges... The mere thought made him shudder with unbridled disgust. A pure God like him would never lower himself to living in slums like this. However, it was the only place one could go to find resources - albeit undesirable ones, at best. And right now, he was looking for something. For string, yes, string - and cloth. Any sort of decent fabric he could find in this filthy hellhole, he wanted it. Hell, he'd tear it off of another person's back if he had to. It sure was difficult to maintain looking as fashionable and charming as he; but it was as they said: 'Beauty is pain', and Keaton was no stranger to pain.

His black tuxedo jacket had already gotten a few tears in it that he'd had to patch up, as well as the white shirt underneath becoming rather dirty. He was not pleased about this, to say the least. And after a cat had attacked him the other day, there was yet another rip down the sleeve of his arm. 'Course, he shot the mangy bastard afterwards. Fuck, that was another thing he hated. Animals. Especially ones that haven't been tamed and beaten into submission.

He stuck his hands in his pockets, eyes narrowed as he searched along the ground for any sign of some string and black textile that he could find. Style was one of the most important things to him, and it showed in his stupidly over-shined shoes and silk black tie. It was the only thing he cared about more than killing. The way he looked. Keaton probably spent more time admiring himself in the mirror than he did actually training or fighting anyone. Just because of that he had a pocket mirror on him at all times, so that he could check his appearance wherever he was. Best impress the ladies. Surely they would be graced to look upon his magnificent self before he plants a bullet in their chest.

As he was thinking about searching an old building or something more likely, he noticed he was within walking distance of the bridge. But even before that, he noticed the voices float to his ears. Indiscernible from this spot, but certainly a group of more than two people. As he came closer, raising a carefully trimmed eyebrow, the first thing he heard was the voice of some imbecilic rogue screaming about how he was leaving. Oh, you won't be missed. The man smirked beneath his gas mask, watching the ragtag person and his dull-witted mutt 'Titus' hobble off like a bunch of commoners.

Dolts, however, were not important to him. He came for materials, and he was going to get materials. Even if he had to buy them from a shifty merchant or shoot a little girl. As his glorious eyes fell upon the scene at the bridge, he couldn't help but curl his upper lip in disgust at the sight of the heathens crowding around it. Three, in fact. A stupid young boy in a skirt screaming and having a tantrum, an annoying little girl who was clutching a dirty bag, and a rather boorish looking woman who seemed out of place compared to the others. In a gang, most likely. Not his.

"Oh my, oh my. I see we have a slumber party going on here. Fighting over a sleeping bag, hmm?" Speaking in a drawling tone that suggested he cared little for engaging himself in this conversation, Keaton stepped silently over to the bridge. The muffled breathing coming through his air filtering mask was louder than his footsteps, even. He let out a husky chuckle and crossed his long, thin arms over his formally suited chest. "How embarrassing. You're like a pack of starved wolves."

He shot each of them a disdainful glance, clearly not one for prejudice. All lesser beings were equally inferior to him. He set a hand on one of his pistols, Yin, and used the other to motion towards himself. Unlike them, he wasn't going to cry and whimper about a sack of useless shit. "Normally I don't do business with peasants, but today I make an exception. Be grateful." He examined his nails for a moment, and then took out his pocket mirror and stared at his face in it; before snapping it shut and tucking it back again. "If any of you happen to be carrying, perhaps, a roll of thread with you, or extra strips of cloth, then speak now. I'm growing tired of wandering around this rat hole. It's rather off-putting." He coughed a bit and then straightened up, taking white gloves out of his pocket and slipping them on over his fingers.

Ember watched the man and the dog back off. Then she watched the other man freak out. Either way, it didn't matter. She had won, something she hadn't actually expected to happen. The older woman seemed to ask if she was okay and Ember shrugged. "I handled them. My daddy showed me how to stand my ground."

It was the only way she knew how to answer and she was abrupt. Ember really thought she was invincible and could take on the world. With that she turned to the merchant. "I took what I needed. Ya can have the rest."

She glanced at the new man that had appeared, but decided it was best to leave.

With that she moved back up the bridge, to the car that she'd made her home. It was weird not having Morgan around, but either her sister was dead or soon to be dead. So it was a complete surprise when she saw her twin standing by the car.

"Morg?"

"Hey, Em."

"What happened to ya?"

"I got lost."

"Typical. That's why daddy showed me what to do." Ember rolled her eyes. "Get in the car."

Morgan looked behind her to see if the boy with the chicken was behind her still.

Last edited:
Abel grabbed the bag. There were books inside. And he turned to face the newcomer with god complex, what the heck was that guy doing with his life?. How hadn't he gotten shot already?...

"I have thread. What do you have for me, uh? " abel asked, arching an eyebrow, as he quickly made his way back to his shopping cart. The kids weren't a problem and he had two business possibilites. Next in the list?. Locate the mysterious dog boy. " Anyone got more business offers?, I have a bit of everything and if I don't and you pay enough, I will find what you need. " abel said, gun still in his hand.

Jay watched as Morgan stood on a car, seeing she was suddenly speaking with someone he jumped. His machete at a ready as he slowly walked to gaze upon Morgan's twin sister Ember. Gripping Betty's leash tightly at another girl his age he nodded to Morgan.

"Well there ya go, my job here is done. I ain't getting stuck in anymore stranger business. Put a leash on your sister or at least don't loose her again." Jay spoke coldly through his mask before turning to try and quickly get out of the same area as the two girls. He was outnumbered, in unfamiliar no man's land, and did not want to be scolded by any adults when he got back. Betty waddled quickly at his side as he seemed rushed to get out of there. Hoping they would not follow his face paint was starting to smudge giving him an even more ominous look to him.

"Whatever. I'll try and keep her alive. Her own damn fault if she dies." Ember grumbled as Morgan frowned, getting herself into the car. Her sister was mad. Real mad. And the look Ember gave her, she didn't dare suggest going after the man that had given her back to her sister. Not even when she realised she wanted to go with him and his chicken. You didn't disobey Ember.

But it didn't stop her from looking out the window and watching him running the other way. Maybe they'd see each other again at some point.

Her attention snapped from the window when Ember threw her findings into the car. Morgan's job was to sort through them, sort them into their order for storage. Ember never did any of that stuff.

"If you ever leave me again, you won't have to worry about anyone else killing ya, Morg. Cuz I'll do it myself. Don't lose me again."

Yep. Her twin was mad, alright.

Abel got bored of waiting, everyone being a little busy apparently, or perhaps he just hadn't spoken loud enough to be heard.

Anyways, he shrugged and decides to just get back to his cart and leave, and so he did, trotting over to it and pushing, getting lost behind more car carcasses and other shit. He put his gun back in its holster and left the bridge without saying another word, in a bad mood as he hadn't made any deals on the end. But that was better than getting shot, I guess. He might go to west or east next, as they'd probably appreciate the books he'd found there. North he'd have to visit as well as they had medicine and that was something everyone wanted... and he might have to visit Kyle's place too, to get some more Ammo, though he believed he had enough to last him quite a while, so that wasn't as urgent. Maybe butchering a deer or something in the forest later, a wolf... neh, he'd think about it while resting, later.

Back