Okami

I’ve…. I’ve made a mistake.

Not a mistake that can be brushed off easily, like adding milk to a bowl before cereal or flipping the wrong WRONG switch when you’re trying to turn off the lights. This mistake is much worse.

First thing’s first, the multiverse is collapsing, though you’ve probably noticed that already. What does it mean for the multiverse to collapse? I’ll put it in terms something like you can understand. Worlds are blending together, worlds that should never blend together. What’s the worst that can happen you ask? Well; try mixing some baking soda and vinegar and put it in a paper mache volcano. On their own, the baking soda and vinegar are fine, like two separate worlds, but when they touch they mix and foam and make a big mess. That’s what’s happening here, the worlds are beginning to foam together and pretty soon with explode out of a cosmic paper mache volcano, killing everything that lives inside it including you and everything you know and love. I don’t live within those worlds, I live beyond them, the explosion won’t hurt me but my siblings and I don’t want to be the ones who clean up the mess.

No one knows what’s causing the mixing of the worlds and my siblings and I are unable to go down into the worlds as we are, we’d destroy reality. So it was decided that it was my job to call upon the greatest heroes these dimensions had to offer, bring them together, and find the source of this… Calling it mixing of worlds makes it sound much less scary than it actually is. From now on I’m calling it “The Calamity.” I was tasked with finding heroes to find a solution to The Calamity but… I messed up big time.

I was supposed to call upon great heroes, instead I got you assholes. To call the best of you “anti heroes” is really kind of cutting it close. As a result of my failure, by siblings forced me into a weaker form so I could walk among you and keep you in line. I have to work alongside the mistakes I summoned to try to find the source of The Calamity. It sucks but whining won’t change anything.

Well, come on “hero.” We’ve got a multiverse to save.

Back