The Calamity

Okami

Heyo! Okami here with a roleplay idea I tried twice on a different site only to have it die by the players leaving without telling me.

This idea I like to call "The Calamity" the concept of which is as follows:

The multiverse is real and is watched by four entities that exist beyond the very boundaries of reality (considering you need reality to exist perhaps "unexist" is a more accurate term. These entities are essentially elder gods, but have no desire other than to calmly watch each and every of the infinite universe and sharing their thoughts between each other. Their unexistence is peaceful as they observe without trouble.

However, there is something in one of the universes that is causing an anomaly, this anomaly is causing ALL of the universes to collapse and cease to exist. The Four cannot see what this anomaly is or where it is at, and have dubbed it The Calamity. The Four are unable to travel into Reality itself easily but do not want their entertainment to cease to be so they came up with a solution.

One of the Four was given the task to summon the greatest heroes from the multiverse. These heroes were to team up and track down The Calamity and stop it. Unfortunately even elder gods mess up and the one who was meant to summon ended up summoning the greatest assholes of the multiverse, be it villains or someone who couldn't care less.

The Four seeing this sent the summoner down into reality, stripping her of most of her powers and forcing her into a relatively mortal body. Newly dubbed Astéri, this summoner must serve as a guide for the summoned to make sure they do their job and stop The Calamity. Astéri herself has also just been given a mind like that of a human and she's... She's really mad. She hates this situation, hates her three siblings for sending her down here, and hates those she is supposed to guide because she wants to be back outside reality again. She can't though until The Calamity is stopped. So yeah, a bunch of villains from actual fandoms have to save the multiverse with the aid of an elder god going through her teenage girl faze who also has their Wikipedia articles in her head. It'll be a shit show. It'll probably be hilarious. It'll be full of references.

So, anyone interested? If you need more clarification I'd be happy to supply it!

Back