The Cataclysm Tournament [T1]

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
For those already experienced in T1 (text fighting type 1), as well those who would like to give it a try for the first time, we are looking to launch a tournament in January but we still need several more contestants!

Here's a copy of our arena post for those interested.

The Cataclysm Tournament

As the first installation of what will hopefully be many tournaments to come, I would like to extend an open invitation to players of all skill levels to join us in The Cataclysm.

This tournament will be a mid-tier double elimination event based around Storyteller's Circle's revised edition of the T1 Eden Era rules. These rules are available here.

Match winners will be determined by KO. In the event that neither combatant is KOed before the allotted match time, then the matches will be judged on a mixed criteria of damage, tactics, roleplay, and grammar.

The weight of these criteria is as follows:

Damage x 2 (Maximum of 20 points)
Tactics x 1 (Maximum of 10 points)
Roleplay x 1 (Maximum of 10 points)
Grammar x .5 (Maximum of 5 points)

Combatants should not exceed the mid-tier bar for this tournament. To give a rough guideline of what this entails, non-prepped abilities are capable of duplicating the power levels necessary to total small vehicles or physically toss them. At its highest limitation magic and metahuman abilities are capable of duplicating the power levels of natural disasters such as earthquakes or meteor impacts, but it is expected that reaching such feats would require several rounds of preps, and are the fullest extent of one’s limitations. Advanced technology on par with these levels of magic and metahuman abilities also falls under mid-tier limitations.

Character sheets of combatants should be posted into this thread for review. You may also PM your character sheet to myself for review/acceptance if you would like to maintain the secrecy of your character selection until after submissions are closed. There is no set requirement for character sheets but be mindful that during a match your character sheet will serve as a reference sheet for judges. You may not use abilities that are not outlined in your character sheet.

The matches will take place within a grand colosseum aptly named The Cataclysm which will be surrounded by a ring of stadiums that overlook the sands below. This is no ordinary colosseum though. Once the combatants enter the arena they will be synced into a virtual world that will be their playing field. This virtual world, and the ensuing battle, will be projected across the arena for the enjoyment of those within the stadiums. Damage accrued within the virtual world will be inflicted upon the physical body - albeit at a subdued level. The arena is designed to disengage a combatant before the point of death in the event of a KO.

At the completion of a match, either myself or a designated judge will assess the damages accumulated over the course of the match and provide a PM to both combatants outlining the extent of the damages that will remain after disengaging from the virtual environment. An example would be that if a combatant sustained a shattered knee during his or her match, the converted damage after disengaging from the virtual world would result in a lingering limp that would carry into their next match via a sprained knee. This tournament is as much about stamina and strategy as it is raw combat prowess.

Each combatant will be permitted the use of a rejuvenation chamber to restore them to full health only twice during the duration of the tournament. Choose when to use them wisely. Note: The number of usages is subject to change depending on how large or small of a turnout we get.

Match Rules Summary:
  • Match Lengths: 2 weeks
  • Post Window: 48 hours
  • Failure on the part of a combatant to post within the allotted time frame will result in their opponent being permitted to post a second time to resolve all pending attacks into successes as well as make a new round of actions. One extension per match may be requested for real life emergencies. I reserve the right to refuse an extension if I notice a pattern of extensions every single match. An extension must be requested in this thread before the 48 hour period is up, or before their opponent posts a second time if the 48 hour period has passed. If it's a personal matter, post the request here and PM me the details privately. If a request for an extension has been posted, an opponent may not post until the extension has been granted or rejected.
  • Match Winners will be determined by KO.
  • Matches without a clear winner will be judged on the following criteria: Damage, Tactics, Roleplay, and Grammar.
  • Damage is accumulative between matches.
  • Limit of 2 full regenerations to be used between matches.

We still need several more contestants before we can launch the tournament, if there's anyone interested.

@Salsacookies Alrighty, make sure you get a character submitted ASAP! You can either post it in the main tournament thread, or submit to myself via a private message. We're aiming to start the tournament up the first week of January, so trying to get peoples submissions in quick like.

Okay we got a lot of submissions in last night. We have room for 1 - 2 more people. MAYBE 3 if we have anyone pull out. January 1st is the cut-off for submissions! So get your applications in quickly :)

Reminder! We're closing applications in an hour and a half! If anyone still has characters to submit, get them in soon! There will be a 2-3 day period after submissions to make any necessary revisions, but if I don't have an initial write-up tonight, you'll have to wait until next year's tournament!

Whats the status on this tournament? I'm not participating as I missed the deadline, but I was going to read and follow along with it because it sounded interesting

Back