The Chaos War

Zip

The morning air was crisp, the cool breeze blowing south by southwest with a clear blue sky and the sun beaming down upon Jin as he rode out to the line of commanders at his disposal. "Sir, all troops are at the ready." The lieutenant bowed his head to Jin, who was in fact the general of his nations entire armies. The horse he rode wore black armor gilded with gold, his armor matching. Jin held the reins in one hand, his ancient tome of black magic in the other. "Stand at the ready. We march in twenty minutes." Sliding to his feet from the saddle, he walked over to the makeshift table the commanders had gathered at to formulate strategy. "Morning, commanders." All five bowed their heads, the closest of which responded first, "General Feras, we've received word that General Adams forces march from the east bank of Seris River. She seeks to flank us." His old friend that he'd grown up with, Amy, was at the head of the opposing army.

"We'll have plenty of time to form our lines and avoid that." Jin nodded as he spoke to the commander, still holding that ancient black tome covered in arcane markings. He pointed with his free hand to the map upon the table, continuing, "In the meantime, I want scouts sent here and here." The locations were a bit further east of their enemy's supposed location, "I don't want surprises and I don't want any more to die than necessary." The commanders nodded, one of them calling to a lieutenant who rushed off to a scout battalion after receiving his orders. "She's smart, so she's going to foresee us marching from here. Are the siege weapons ready?" The commander of the siege battalion nodded, "Sir. Say the word, and you'll have catapults raining death upon our enemies." Jin hummed his satisfaction, nodding and returning to his horse then pulling his sabre from it's sheath and pointing it skyward, "For the land of Natul, and our divine King Denarius. Forward!!"

Last edited:
Amy led her troops further into enemy territory. She took up the front of the group, as only the cowardly general should hide behind a wall of her troops. When she saw Jin in his battle armor and his horse matching, she looked down at herself, with her horned helmet made of the finest silver, mixed with titanium. Her armor was her fitted steel breastplate and matching armor. Her horse was the blackest of midnight and was named so. It wore armor that matched hers. She looked up again at Jin. She smiled. "Let the battle begin."

Jin charged to the front as his soldiers marched, catching site of Amy just past the field they were marching on. He lifted his book of magic chanting in Elvish and weaving a spell of protection upon the front line composed of archers. The spell would make them more durable against physical attacks, but had no effect against magic. "HALT THE LINE!!" The line of two nations' soldiers now stood approximately a thousand feet apart, but Jin rode forward after his men had stopped. Finding the halfway point between the lines and setting his book down on the saddle, he called forth a gust of wind to carry his voice across the field to Amy, "This bloodshed can be avoided..." He spoke normally, the spell carrying his voice with a slight delay for her and the front of her regimen to hear.

Amy smirked. She amplified her voice as well, but didn't need magic. "Don't worry. I shall not harm you, or your precious commanders," she said. "I just need some fuel for a battle ahead." She inhaled once more and started singing an enchanting lullaby, her weapon against the soldiers that were around Jin. Her own personal serenade. Her Soul Serenade.

Jin's horse reared as elves began to drop dead behind him, the horse apparently not agreeing with the sound of Amy's song. Jin shook his head, charging forward and yelling, "Charge!!" He held the reins in his left hand, his spell book in his right as he began to cast lightning bolts down upon Amy's front line of soldiers. The soldiers remaining behind him charged. Archers and infantry in the center, cavalry at each flank of the line. Soldiers in Amy's front line flew from their place as the bolts continued to strike around them, though he was careful not to hit her.

As the rest of Jin's soldiers began to drop from their horses, they were alive, just soulless, it was just her and Jin. "I've changed, Jin," Amy said. "You can join me and grow as powerful as me, or you can oppose me and die like the scum you are." Hellfire burned in her eyes as she said this. She drew the Chaos Blade, her specially forged sword made from the most potent flamesteel in all of the land to his throat. He could feel it create minor burns on his neck.

Jin raised a brow as felt Amy's Chaos Blade pressed against his throat, a wry smile forming as he spoke, "Scum, huh? You let your power consume you, careless of all the souls lost and destroyed in your wake." He grabbed hold of her blade with his armored hand and pushed it away a couple inches, his armor infused with ancient mythril and magical wards of protection that it could not cut through. "I'll die before becoming a heartless murderer like you." As he said this a cloud of poisonous gas formed around them, both horses neighing and backing away from it. The cloud dissipated quickly as it was of Jin's construction, then he spoke once more, "What happened to friendship? Is this all you've left now?"

Amy scoffed and gave him a disarming grin. "Really, Jin? After all we've been through for all of these years?" She said mockingly, "You still don't know when I'm joking?" She sheathed her sword and grabbed Jin on the shoulder. "You know I would never hurt you." She looked around at the battlefield, littered with the soulless husks of both of their men. "Besides, those men were guilty of most crimes the devil would be ashamed of committing. They had it coming to 'em."

Jin gritted his teeth, shaking his head and trying to hold back a grin as Amy smiled at him, saying, "You always did have a flare for dramatic entrances. I remember well." As she spoke again he couldn't help but nod in response, replying, "Yes, I know..." He lifted his spell book, the symbols glowing white as the wound on his neck healed itself quickly. "Are we going to keep fighting each other, having men die and doing nothing to change it?" Staring off into the distance after healing his wound he set the tome down in the saddle, looking Amy in the eyes and continuing, "We should join forces... We would be unstoppable." A genuine smile at the thought of joining forces with his old friend. "If our two countries united, we would be stronger together than apart."

Amy shrugged. "I don't care. I personally have quite the fondness for battle," she said. "But, I wouldn't mind joining forces..." She thought about what Jin said earlier. "The souls aren't lost after I take them, or even after I use them. They go into the afterlife as all souls do."

Jin shook his head when Amy spoke, tilting his head a little as she thought then finished. "I see." He spoke quietly, thinking for a moment before continuing in a hopeful tone, "Come with me to the capital. I need to speak with the king, and if you tell him you're willing to join forces I'm sure he'll agree to speak with your king as well."

"I know the true identities of my king, and of yours as well," Amy said. "They are demons in the bodies of both of our kings." She drew the Chaos Blade and stabbed it into the ground and recited an unholy ritual, a summoning ritual. Her eyes rolled up to the whites in her sockets. A bolt of red light erupted from the ground where the Chaos Blade was. When the light faded, there were two glabrezu demons, bound in chains made of light, bound to the sword. "Here are the kings you wanted."

Jin grew furious at the sight of the demons, knowing full well those were the same eyes. Shaking his head and sighing heavily, he turned back to Amy, saying, "We serve demons, demons serve us... do we abide in an earthly hell?" Clinching his fist, an aura of electricity started to form around Jin as he demanded, "Let him out of the cage. I'll make sure this one is dead for myself." He stared into the eyes of the demon that had been portraying his king, the electricity around him crackling and charring the ground as he stepped away from his horse.

Last edited:
Amy shook her head. "No. They work for me. They have disobeyed me, so I shall kill them." She began to chant a spell of binding. Soon after the spell was completed, two matching rubies appeared on the Chaos Blade. They were bound to her sword, granting the demonic power to enhance the sword's power. The sword was now wreathed in a faint maroon mist.

Jin let the electricity dissipate into the ground, watching as the energy of the demons formed into crystals at the hilt of the Chaos Blade. "It seems these lands are in need of new leadership." He jumped up into the saddle again, looking over at Amy and speaking deliberately, "What say you, shall we take these lands for our own?" He grinned a little as he spoke, eager to join forces with his oldest of friends.

Amy smiled. "Sure! Maybe then we can conquer the entire force of The Great Chaos!" She jumped onto her horse and rode towards her stronghold, which was only a couple of miles away. She beckoned him towards the way she was riding to follow her.

Jin nodded and smiled, nudging his horses side and taking off after Amy. As he caught up, he said to her, "The Great Chaos, huh? You've high ambitions." He kept pace with her, riding about a yard away as they approached a drawbridge.

((Sorry! I lost track of this rp))

Amy rode toward her fortress, which was made of a strange black stone. Carved into it were many bas-reliefs of demons. There were two new-looking carvings depicting glabrezus bound in teardrop-shaped gems. She smiled up at it. "It's been so long."

"Ha. You've connections with the Dwarves of Kaan Mountain, it appears. I've not seen stones like these in something like a century." Jin chuckled as he rode slowly toward the high black fortress, admiring the strong architecture. Glancing over at Amy as she gazed upon some demonic gems, Jin studied her eyes which he'd not looked into or seen in far too long. She's still got as strong a spirit as ever, he thought to himself. As she finished speaking, he looked towards the gems then back at her. "Any chance you have a spare bed so I could get a bit of rest?"

Amy looked at Jin, forgetting he was there. "Yeah, I do. My fortress gives me everything me and my guests need." They rode for a moment in silence before she added, "The dwarves took the stone from the mines the Ancient Demons used to use before they grew weak. I know that most everyone knows that lie, but it's a refreshing correction to give." They rode up to an enormous set of oak double doors. They opened when they approached, and she gestured for him to follow her as she went inside.

Back