The Chaos War

Jin nodded silently with an somewhat interested expression, well aware of the legend of subterranean demons plaguing the Kaananite Dwarves for decades. He'd once even heard a story of one of the demons possessing a Dwarf and murdering a few families before being put down by the returning brigade of Dwarven warriors, already incredibly frustrated because they'd lost far too many in the battle they'd just returned from. Jin broke himself from thought and dismounted his steed, following Amy's instruction and entering through the double doors that had opened themselves. Looking back to Amy, he asked, "So do you have knights or fighters of some kind, or are we on our own in this?" He stood about ten feet past the doorway, curiously gazing into Amy's eyes and awaiting her answer with his arms folded.

Amy doffed her armor as she spoke "I have no human soldiers," she replied. "I have found that demons will serve me as loyally as any human soldier, with much more physical and mental fortitude." She snapped her fingers and the suit of armor sprung to life and walked out of sight. "But sometimes there are the ones who think that I am not a person to listen to, like the demons who impersonated our kings. They are disposed of." She looked at something out of sight. "Flandre! Show our guest to his quarters!" A young, pale man walked toward Jin. He bowed and beckoned for him to follow.

Jin nodded slowly as Amy spoke, his eyes still locked on hers until the ghostly boy approached him. Turning to the young man, he nodded once and followed after him. Looking back at Amy as they left, he spoke quietly though his voice carried as if he had yelled, "Thank you." A slight smile as he turned toward the young man again and followed silently to a nondescript door down one of many halls. This place is enormous., he thought to himself.

The boy silently led Jin toward the door. He politely opened the door and indicated that it was his. It was a medium-sized room, with a four-poster bed in the middle, a dresser by the wall, and a large picture window on the west wall. The boy silently left him to his business.

Jin nodded to the young man as he quietly walked away, collapsing onto the bed unceremoniously and releasing a heavy sigh as the heavy door closed with a flick of his wrist in its direction. There were certain spells that he knew so well that he didn't even need his spellbook for them anymore, such as manipulation of air and wind. Not telepathy that had closed the door but a finite gust of wind. He rolled over and laced his hands behind his head, turning slightly to look out the window into fading sunlight. More time has passed than I thought... Yawning quietly, he let his eyelids drift closed and fell asleep fairly quick.

Amy sighed when Jin left with Flandre. She hadn't been here in years, let alone with any guest. When she knew that Jin wasn't coming back, she shifted into her true form, her legs and feet becoming cloven hooves, and demonic wings sprouted from her back. She didn't need to sleep, but she did need to rest. Amy entered her quarters, which was the strangest room in her fortress by far. Multiple glowing vines hung from the ceiling, all connected to a glowing pink flower barely reminiscent of a water lily. A large, comfortable throne was sitting directly under them. She doffed her helmet and sat upon the throne, where the vines gently connected to her head. When they did, the glow of the vines shifted to match her heartbeat.

• Wow
Reactions: Zip
Back