Side Story The Checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke only remained silent as All-Might led the group around the school, taking in the sights. A superhero school... Well, that was a new one, kind of. The closest thing he could think of were those miscreants over at Gotham Academy who got themselves involved a bit too much in Bat-affairs, but he couldn't imagine a school for the deliberate purpose of training metahumans. Supposedly, they did have schools like that in the other universe across the road, but he'd have to ask Kate about it one day. Because he didn't feel safe around Emma Frost, in all honesty.

He coughed slightly as All-Might led them to the somewhat barren breakroom, and though the older man seemed a bit bashful about it, Luke could only let out a soft chuckle. "Yeah, it's no problem. Just makes it look like a normal school," Luke said, not that he was overly familiar with the public school experience personally.

"So, uh, this where we can get down to business?" He asked, clasping his metal hands together.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight

"Well it...is a normal school," All-Might remarked in a matter of fact tone as everyone finally found a seat. "The principal thought it was best for me to take this because, I really don't need to hear about this if it falls through." All-Might looked at T'Challa. "His words, not mine."

"It is understandable," T'Challa nodded. "While I believe your world is ready to know about the wider multiverse, for now it's best to keep it among just a few. I understand one of your students has dealt with a similar situation?"

All Might's eyes widened, seemingly surprised that someone outside of him knew about it. "U-uh yeah, but I promise he can keep quiet about it."

"A teenager who can behave?" Emma chuckled. "Now that's a first."

T'Challa raised his hand to assure the sickly teacher. "Do not worry, I didn't imply he was untrustworthy. It was just a fact that you aren't the only one who has deal with a similar situation. Now I know you and the rest of the teachers are open to the possibility of hosting the event, but if you have any misgivings, now is the point to share them."

"Well now that you mention it. If ODMA has agreed to this I suppose they trust you, but why did you guys think our world was a good choice?"

@Atomic Knight @Ver

Luke said nothing about the banter, though it did seem to explain a bit if a kid from this world had been roped into a multiversal incident. Seemed that something like that really could just happen to anyone.

In response to All-Might's question, Luke scratched the back of his head. "Oh, uh... You know, we just think that..." He stammered, not wanting to put it in quite a blunt manner like his thoughts were indicating. "In the interest of security from anything like villains trying to crash the party, we figured we'd have the least to worry about."

"You know, just 'cause we'll be so prepared."

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight

Last edited:
All-Might looked like he'd drop dead at any moment...though that seemed to be his general look and not have anything to do with the conversation. "Right. I think I get it," He coughed into his arm as some blood came up as well. "I'm not going to pretend that the things I've seen outside of my world doesn't terrify me."

"Oh and they should," Emma remarked from her seat only to get a glare from T'Challa.

"Well..." All-Might continued. "I guess that you picked us because we're kind of far away from all of that 'real' business? The fact of the matter is that it probably won't be long until something big lands right at our doorstep and we have no chance of stopping it."

"That's another reason why we chose your world as a possible venue," T'Challa replied. "The more your world is part of incursions the likelier it is for one to happen on your doorstep."

All-Might nodded solemnly. "Right...I figured."

@Ver @Atomic Knight

Luke pursed his lips under his mask at All-Might's general sickly appearance, deigning not to say anything about it. As their conversation went on, Batwing rested a hand on his hip. He didn't want to dwell too long on this kind of topic, almost feeling bad at this point, though who could say how much of it was because the little man here just looked so pitiable by default?

Of course, he'd probably be crushed if it turned out his own world's Superman actually looked like this all along, but here was to hoping.

"Heh, it's just too bad that we can't even track down that Caped Baldy guy who's been making his rounds all around the multiverse. He'd probably make for some killer security, or maybe we'll get lucky and he'll show up as a guest anyway," Luke shrugged with a light-hearted tone, attempting to lighten the mood a bit. "In any case, what's up next on the agenda? I don't see any reason not to set up shop in this world if there were any doubts before."

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight

"I see the Batman and his allies are as informed as always," T'Challa remarked to Luke. "His world is another one we have reached out to to join us in the festivities as well."

All-Might too would nod. "As you said, I think it's important that we start working together, and I think starting with something...friendly and festive is better than being flung into a crisis."

"So that's it?" Jo asked. "We don't need any more okay's?"

"I was giving executive decision on this. There was a few uh...minor vocal people against it but most of the larger hero community agreed this will be a great opportunity."

"Then there is only one thing left to do," T'Challa remarked pulling out a large stack of papers. "The paperwork. For a bright future."

@Atomyk @Ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back