The Chronicled World - Fantasy Nation Building

Hey guys, I'm sorry about this month. I got busy and sick, but I'm still alive!

Thank you all so much for your continued interest! I seriously wouldn't have anticipated you guys wanting to continue this even after that, it humbles me greatly. I regret losing no other RP as much as this one. So... Yeah, Let's do it.

Roll call everyone: Who still wants to do this?

Your second nation looks good, @ChelonianCommander . Great work on it.

As for @TheGreenerGrey 's, the only thing I can think of so far is that the Dragon Bog is usually avoided by civilization due not to dragons in general, but one god-dragon in particular. You can still put them there, but they'd need to make conscious effort not to awaken this character or else, as she's very aggressive and territorial. Just something to remember about this area, though I don't know if I actually said that to you before; Sorry if not.

@Emory : Huzzah! It's great to hear from you all again.

Coolios. I'll get back to working on this after dinner. Just a note,

@Iamtheecchiking since my nation has a large elf slave trade, I will make some reference to my Monarchy doing small raids on your mining expeditions for new slaves and such if you don't mind that is. Nothing that would damage your economy in the extreme, maybe one or two lost mining crew would be the most I would do.

Okay everyone, I have finally figured out how we are going to handle expanding our borders! Give me opinions on this:

I will set up minor NPC's around all our borders, with very small populations controlled by GM's. They cannot attack players; their only purpose is trading with them and being conquerable plots of land. Think of these npc's as minor natives: they are more likely to become minorities in your lands than real threats (but will most likely fight back if attacked, of course). So they can be purchased, killed and whatever you can think of, and I, the GM will provide resistance and RP from them.

What do you guys think?

Okay everyone, I have finally figured out how we are going to handle expanding our borders! Give me opinions on this:

I will set up minor NPC's around all our borders, with very small populations controlled by GM's. They cannot attack players; their only purpose is trading with them and being conquerable plots of land. Think of these npc's as minor natives: they are more likely to become minorities in your lands than real threats (but will most likely fight back if attacked, of course). So they can be purchased, killed and whatever you can think of, and I, the GM will provide resistance and RP from them.

What do you guys think?
Well this could help with my swarming.

AIght, good thing I checked this after I stopped getting alerts.

For the dragon, yeah I know. Figured the Hive Shaper could be keeping her asleep with minor psionics.

As for the GM nations, sounds good to me!

Hey guys, would someone mind catching me up on the recent developments. I haven’t had the time to read through the most recent postings.

Nothing much really. The Dalizon and the Swarm are currently fighting and the Forged Born are preparing for war with the orcs.

Hey everybody, my apologies if it seems I've been inactive, been a little overwhelmed with other responsibilities. I'll try to get my post up today (and update the map while i'm at it!), as it's looking like today will be less hectic.

@Emory : Besides Day, the new nations are all NPC's. whether you interact with them or ignore them is totally up to you.

Back