The Chronicled World - Fantasy Nation Building

Would anyone mind if I started introducing political parties to Gundertog to build its culture? Not going to increase/alter its demographics at all, just was thinking of political factions and guilds to add to it. Just wanted to ensure that I wasn't stepping on any toes, y'know?

Go for it. I've been continuously building up my nation's lore and such for the past few weeks and no one's complained. As long as you talk to people before you add in their races of course.

Welp, I went ahead and made a little CS for myself to follow, if anyone else wants to use it. It's certainly optional, but they tend to help me organize my thoughts easier. But either way, I thought I'd share it if others want to add a few to their sheets during there downtime.
Political Party (Optional)
Name:
Political Spokesperson:
Demographics:
Popularity:
Opinions:
Rivals:
History:

Ugh....I know I shouldn't but I want to add in some cav units using Battle Rams as mounts to my roster so badly. Also I'm thinking adding in some more advanced technology, like chariots with crank powered repeating crossbows and such, for the Forged Born military and defenses. Nothing too crazy or crazy advanced obviously.

Last edited:
Ok, I've updated the military section with more information. I haven't gone into specifics of the types of vessels, but they are not very advanced. That is the checks and balances. They are more than likely wood vessels. With possibly a few heavy metal vessels and command vessels. As I said, the number is high, but not even half are active with soldier roles. If I still need to trim anything down, let me know. The quality of the Active military won't suffer. Everyone else will not be at that level, but they won't be scrubs either. They are great warriors, being trained in school.

@Iamtheecchiking

How advanced are your ground forces if I may ask? Like in terms of command, equipment and training. Also how often does a Reserve spent training compared to an active soldier? You also might want to put in commonly used weapons, and soldier types.

Last edited:
For the raids, they look to borrow riches from those that have too much and that don't deem necessary to protect it too well.

Basically, they raid anything that has value and is unprotected. They'll avoid combat or troops. Think Vikings.

They're not military, just local basnans that look to improve their lot.

As mentioned, it's part of the Marjari culture. They raid everyone, including themselves.
For the last twenty years, raids had nearly disappeared against the Forged Born because of Paralua's fondness.
Now, it will be small, random raids all across the border. Size varries on the Pond, but usually 20 to 50 raiders.

For the when of the question, time seems to be very fluid and teleportation prevalent, so you can feel the effects whenever you want.

Point of note: Marjari being fishmen, they of course also raid the seas, and will be very interested in a diplomatic forged born trireme passing off their coast.

As mentioned, it's part of the Marjari culture. They raid everyone, including themselves.
For the last twenty years, raids had nearly disappeared against the Forged Born because of Paralua's fondness.
Now, it will be small, random raids all across the border. Size varries on the Pond, but usually 20 to 50 raiders.
Just a little hint. People don't like raiding. Especially when you pester others by raiding their lands.
EDIT: I atleast do not. Too many bad memories... Too many... *Enemies on all sides intensifies.*

@Amdarh

In that case, would you like to initiate the attack? Just so you know there's probably more then 300 units on board, including crossbowmen and Praetorian.

I didn't say attack, per se, but interested.

I don't know how conflict is handled here (first story on this website), but what the Basnans would do it send an Exarch and a couple of Anarchs simple cause a storm, pushing your trireme on rocks. Nothing aggressive, or even in sight. Being amphibian, they would swim under the radar up to the trireme and use their power over water to cause a wreckage.
(plan is then to rescue your team, so no damage would be done).

I don't know if this succeeds automatically, if dice have to be thrown, if... etc.

Ok, I've updated the military section with more information. I haven't gone into specifics of the types of vessels, but they are not very advanced. That is the checks and balances. They are more than likely wood vessels. With possibly a few heavy metal vessels and command vessels. As I said, the number is high, but not even half are active with soldier roles. If I still need to trim anything down, let me know. The quality of the Active military won't suffer. Everyone else will not be at that level, but they won't be scrubs either. They are great warriors, being trained in school.
Well then, I'm sure it will be fine, ecchi. Feel free to start posting!

Ecchi still have 800000 active military and 500000 reserve with a 5.5 mil population. Should be fine though, if the technology and techniques is relatively primitive to make up for the great numbers.

Back