The Chronicles of Arktika: Shadow over the Frontier

Kenric couldn't help but smile at her, "And again Miss, it's alright. I'll be fine" he said looking at her with a kind smile, "Though, its nice to see there is some kindness in the world" he said cryptically, "But I digress. I'm here pretty much go exploring, see the world..." Run from the law...among other things...Ken thought to himself, sighing as he stretched out his own hand, boldly taking hers for a gentle shake, "Ma name's Kenric...Kenric Gr-im. Kenric Grim!" he said blushing, He had walked away from that life...he wasn't going to walk right back into it...not even for a skirt...well...not yet at least, "And what is yours miss?" he asked, his eyes and hers locking.

Bors sighed as the Valen character took his gold, looking over at Professor Bone Piercer as he took his place behind him, "How many more do we have before we can at least get some piece and quiet?" he asked.

"Three more." replied the Ork, looking down at the ledger containing all the names that signed on, "Allston Layne?" called out the ork, with Bors picking up a bag of gold and preparing to hand it over to the volunteer.

proxy.php

MEETINGS

Lothroniel was eyeing the man before her in line, she giggled and said “Then I’m guessing you’re a bard. I’m sure that a new land is full of inspiration.” The elven woman put a lock of her hair that was covering her eyes behind her ear and then said “Pleased to meet you Alli.” she doesn't even noticed the hand he had stretched to her since she was more focused on precariously holding the large book of potions while she cleaned her view from her hair.

She then turned her head to hear the male behind her that was now introducing himself as well; she smiled “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Kenric.” She paused for a bit and hummed softly as it seemed like her mind was working on something “Kenric… Kenric… that’s a quite strong name… I feel like I’ve heard that before…” she furrowed her eyebrows slightly trying to think from where she heard that and then shrugged it off “I think that maybe it was one of the people that bought my potions.”

She hugged the book, pressing it against her chest and sighing “Yes it will sure be an adventure.” Her blue eyes then went wide open and she said “Oh! Yes, right! I forgot… I’m Lothroniel, Lothroniel Greengrass.” She chuckled and blushed softly “Sorry, I’m not so good with talking to people, I’m more used to animals and plants. Another day I had an interesting conversation with a boar…”

proxy.php

Last edited:
Valen ate his food in silence, getting a few looks from the Inn patrons. His thoughts were occupied by the expedition, he wondered what he'd find if anything. They'd probably find something though, it's to much space for there not to be anything. As he finished his food he thanked the barkeep with a friendly smile.
He just sat at the bar and sipped his drink slowly, enjoying the slight burn of the alcohol, it wasn't enough to get him drunk, but it was nice to have some after a while. He slung his hat around his neck, opting to keep it off for the moment, it did get hot under there after all, and tucked his scarf inside of it.
He sat there at the bar, waiting, for what he didn't know, he just sat and waited.

Alli flashed a grin at the girl’s flustered attitude, noticing how she was all over the place but he didn’t mind. Nor did he mind her ignorance of his outstretched hand which he subtly retracted. “A pleasure to meet you Lothroniel Greengrass,” he said with an exaggerated bow. He quickly cast another illusion spell, this time presenting the guise that he wore an ornate outfit of regal garments with a pronounced violet hue and a shimmering gold cloak, accentuated by a matching crown. At the sound of his own name being called out in the gruff tone of an orc he started and his illusion fell as he shifted his attention to the desk ahead of him. His beady brown eyes spotted the gold that was hefted onto the desk by the sturdy guardsman. “Ah, that’s me. It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance madame, surely better company to these drink-laden sods,” he said over his shoulder, laughing a tone at his description of the patrons here at the inn which happened to fit the lush rather well. “Perchance we’ll meet anon. Farewell lass.”

He took a final swig to down the Dragon’s Blood before he cocked a roguish salute in her direction and turned towards the desk. With each step his head cleared more and more from his consequential hangover and he now strode towards the two gentlemen with reinvigorated confidence. “Well met,” he said to Bors and the Professor. “I s’pose I should commit these funds to a more… worthy investment than… well,” he shook the empty tankard held in what he called his ‘drinking hand’ which was merely his arbitrary term for dominant hand. Clutching the bag of gold tightly he gave it a considerable shake and smiled satisfactorily at the pleasant tune of coins jingling which rang out within room 7. “Don’t spend it all in one place, amiright?” With that he spun on his heel and strode from the room, offering a friendly wink to Lothroniel as he dawdled his way from the room to the main hall. The room swelled with ambient gaiety and the bard allowed himself to drown in the hedonist haven. Remembering the empty state of his tankard he plopped himself down at the bar in nonchalant manner and ordered another drink from the barkeep, who knew his usual from his frequent attendance of this particular establishment. As he waited Alli strummed a few chords on his spruce-carved lute, murmuring a soft tune under his breath.
The effulgent outline of the open door announced Mara’s return to the inn. Clad in her dull, roughspun outfit she blended in well with the native crowd of menial laborers, freelancers, and simple drifters. She sauntered over to the bar, hips swaying back and forth like delicate pine trees pundulating back and forth. Her soft features were austere at present which conveyed a sense of life experience despite her young age.

Mara took a seat at the bar and ordered a Honeymead from the dwarven barkeep. She allowed her elbows to rest forward on the countertop holding her face in her hands abstractedly. From this position she was arching her back and her clothes were drawn tight to her curves. When the barkeep returned, brandishing the honeymead, her eyes sparkled for a brief moment and she sipped gingerly at the beverage, a sickeningly sweet concoction as the name suggested. Taking no interest in the surrounding patrons she tapped her foot idly and remained fixated on some distant position far beyond the wall.

Last edited:
Bors and Bone-Piercer both rolled their eyes before handing the bard the gold, "Just be at Pier 14 for departure in 2 days" instructed Galvyn, with the Bard taking his leave possibly not even hearin them. The Fighter looked over at The Ork, shaking his head as the Ork shook back.

"Do we really need a bard for this trip?" he said quietly and out of earshot.

"He did volunteer." commented the Ork, "He could provide entertainment thus morale, and we need all the help we can get." retorted the Ork as Galvyn shook his head.

"I just wanted to know..." stated Bors as he picked up the next bag of gold.

"Lothroniel Greengrass?" called the Ork.

Kenric frowned, "Drink-Laden Sods?" he mouthed as the bard tried to play dressup before his name was called, "Why I oughta!" he said, feeling sparks starting to tingel in his hand. He looked over at the wood elf, a sudden calm fell over him as he felt his building rage disspiate as fast as it started, forgetting the comment the bard made. He sighed and looked into her blue eyes, a smile curving across his face, "Honestly? It sounds like the creatures and plants of Lady Temis are more interesting than the people of Arktika huh?" he asked as he chuckled, "I um...I hope I can be interesting during the Expedition." he said, a faint blush falling across his face as he heard her name called, "Oh! I think you're up Miss Greengrass!" he said as he took her hand to shake it being bold, "Pleasure to meet you Miss Lothroniel." he said, his blush reddening as he realised his boldness.

Last edited:
proxy.php

MISFIT

The elven woman giggled softly once her eyes rested on the now well dressed bard “Seems you’re good with illusions.” She was still trying to figure if that was a good thing or not since he could easily create things to deceive the others but she guessed it would be a nice trait to be used at the Frontier, he could even help her get ingredients that come from animals by tricking them. Lothroniel looked at Kenric as he seemed angered with the bard, could it be that his illusions annoyed him that much? She shrugged that off and once again placed the book between her thighs to do the backwards process she did earlier, this time to put the book back in her bag.

She blushed softly when she examined Kenric’s face, she had seen such face before but never towards her; usually male did such expression to pretty ladies at taverns and not to her usually covered by mud self. The elf settled the backpack on her shoulders once again and nodded at him “Yes, I would say so. Nature is easier than people.” She smiled at him and said “Guess we’ll need to meet again during the expedition then.” Lothroniel heard her name being called and blushed when he picked her hand in his; she nodded and said “Yes, yes that’s my turn.”

Once they disconnected their hands, she adjusted the backpack on her shoulders and walked into the room. Her eyes lay on the two males before her and she gulped softly “That’s me.” She said shyly as she walked closer to the table, biting her lower lip she continued, her voice sounding not louder than a whisper as her gaze was scanning the table instead of the two males. “Uh… do I need to sign something? How is it done?” she had never before took part on an adventure, also, she was more used to work solo so that whole Frontier thing was being quite the experience even though they haven’t left yet.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Valen, after waiting a bit decided it was time to head out and get some supplies, he got up and paid his bill, before leaving the Inn. He decided he'd need to get a pack, and headed to a shop he knew he could get one at. He entered he shop, the doors bell ringing as he did so, the shop keep greeted him, and asked if there was anything he was looking for. "Just a small pack," he said, "something sturdy that won't get in the way."
The shop keep pointed him in the right direction, and Valen headed over but stopped as something caught his attention, he heard them instead of seeing them, he followed the hum to a small display containing what looked to the naked eye like normal crystals, but the humming told Valen something different. These were Mana stones, crystals that were charged to the brim with Mana, they made good catalysts for ritual spells, but if one put just a pinch more Mana into them and threw them, they made a nice bang. He asked the shop keep how much he wanted for all of them, there being about twenty in all, and the shop keep obviously didn't know what they we're as he only charged Valen 50 gold for them. Valen agreed and bought them and a pack he had found, and headed out,putting the stones in a pouch on the inside of his cloak, he decided to head to the market next.

The bar stool was a blur of dizzy particles that spun about in a circular orbit. Wait, that wasn't right; why was he looking at the bar stool, he had just been sitting on the damn thing. With an exaggerated effort Alli stood after realizing that he'd fallen from his stool and regained his composure. Perhaps he'd drank just a tad too much this morning. "Hey barkeep! Keep 'em coming!" Surely it was too early in the day to be sober, of that he was certain. If all went well he'd forget this day had even happened by mid-evening by which point he'd hopefully stumble his way down the cobblestone streets back to his... no he couldn't go home- it wasn't even home anymore. He'd have to rent a room here at this inn. Last night he'd merely fallen asleep at the bar and remained there till the morning came and he'd awoken with a hangover and a spilled tankard. At least this way by renting a room he'd have a bed to sleep in provided he made it to his room before passing out at the bar again. As the barkeep slid another Dragon's Blood his way a pair of dim speckles peered longingly into the merlot-colored liquid that sploshed serenely within the wooden tankard. His irises swirled back and forth as the liquid did likewise and the brown within became a fluid, flowing freely within their sockets.
"Hey kid, y'alright?" the barkeep inquired suddenly. A moment of silence passed with no response from the young bard who sat sullenly, tugging anxiously at the tuft of hair that clung to his chin.
"Huh? Yeah, yeah, all set over here," he said forcing a cheery smile and raising the tankard with false elation. "Bottoms up!" He downed the drink in one long gulp and slammed the tankard down dramatically, letting out a sigh as he indulged the intoxicant. He loved Dragon's Blood even though it tasted sour like a raspberry and made his throat burn the more he drank. He liked the way it made him feel, or rather stop feeling, as it stole his emotions away like a rogue wave casts a raft astray. A jingle tore his concentration from his drink and he remembered the bag of gold he'd been given only moments ago. He'd absentmindedly bumped the bag off the counter and it now rested on the inn floor with the sparkling metal innards spilling out across the wooden floorboards. Leaning over to retrieve the bag needles suddenly jabbed at his skull and his vision blurred severely. Soon enough he was on the floor hunched over the bag without a clue of his surroundings. His thoughts spilled out like the gold before him. Where am I? What am I doing here... on the... floor? Gods, why does my head kill? As his mind spiraled in and out of control he remained sprawled about on the floor, his hands roaming about the boards knocking gold around in his confusion.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sage green eyes regarded the man who abruptly rose to leave with curiosity. She held a peculiar interest in personalities and made a game out of gauging an individual's character based on their superficial appearance. However, there was too much on her mind for her to indulge herself and, with effort, forced her concentration back to the task at hand. She couldn't be distracted, not now, not at such a crucial moment. These early stages were of the utmost importance when she embraced a new persona. Madeline and Mara had not been her first identities and they were not likely to be her last. It was imperative, however, that the initial attempts to portray this new guise be natural and convincing so that they might achieve tenability for her future endeavors as Mara the cartographer. On that line of thought she withdrew a notebook and got to work with quill and ink, her hand streaking across the page as she drew thick lines of stygian ink. In the brief intervals at which she sipped from her honeymead her eyes remained fixated on the paper before her, her work impassioned as the cartographer she was.

Last edited:
"No need to sign anything, Miss Greengrass" chuckled the Ork kindly. "You have already signed last night, we are giving you the gold needed for supplies for the trip" he explained.

"As stated before, we will reimburse you for what you spent along with the rest of the 500 gold." stated Bors bluntly, handing the elf a bag of gold. With her gone the duo nodded as Professor Bone-Piercer called the last name on the list.

"Kenric Grim?" called out the Ork.

Ken sighed, watching the elf leave, smiling as he heard his name called. When he entered, his soft face frowned as he noticed the ork and the human glaring at him. "Morning gentlemen" he stated in a casual manner, "I'm here for the gold-"

"And I believe you'll want this..." stated Bors, tossing Kenric his sword. The boy's eyes flashed, looking up at both them and around the room to see if this was an ambush. "Relax lad, I took it upon myself to retrieve your weapon when they took it from you. I asked the guards if someone matching your description got arrested and they said yes. So I paid a bit of your Advanced 500 to square them away and retrieve your sword and bags..." he said pulling out a worn leather bound tome, "...along with his book of yours-"

"Be careful with that!" chirped Kenric, swiping the book from Bors hands. The man flashed wide-eyed, grinning a bit as he realized the lad had some impressive reflexes. "This is...this is important to me!" defended Gray, sliding it into one of the bags before strapping them and his sword to his person.

"Sorry to be some flimsy lad!" defended Bors in a sarcastic way.

"Still" replied Kenric, fearful that the warrior and the Ork had either damaged, or worse read from the tome. "...thank you" he said respectfully, bowing to them as such. The two men bowed back before Bors handed him the rest of the pay. Kenric sighed, placing the gold around his belt before nodding. He took his leave, intending to make good of this money before they shipped out.

Last edited:
proxy.php

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS

She picked the small bag filled with coins and nodded a bit; the female elf then bowed slightly and left the room, waving to Kenric on her way out.

Lothroniel put the bag inside the pouch on her belt and walked out of the Inn, seeing Alli drunk as a skunk on her way out, the brunette sighed and rolled her eyes. She looked around for a bit once she was out; the sun was shining bright in the sky showing that it was close to midday, the pebbles on the street made noises under her feet as she started to walk to the woods. In the elf’s opinion there was no better supplier than nature.

She headed down the streets and closer to the green field before her, the houses getting far from one another, simpler and smaller until the pebbles’ street was now just a dirt one and soon enough she was stepping in grass. Once she was far from the city, she breathed in and out, taking in the scents of nature before she darted her eyes open “This way.” She said to herself and headed to a closed area of the woods. She knew that the more trees together, the higher were her chances of finding all the ingredients she needed all together. Once she was surrounded by nature, a smile spread on her lips since she had never felt so comfortable in the last two days than now; it’s not that she dislikes people but she simply doesn’t feel comfortable enough around too many of them since they tended to judge her by her eccentric mannerism, nature always welcomed her to do her quirks and odds.

proxy.php

Valen had bought all the supplies he'd need for the journey, food, waterskins, a journal for taking notes, a pack, and few restoration potions just for good measure. He had spent about 9/10ths of the gold, and decided to spend the rest of the time waiting back at the Inn, so he headed back.
When he got there it was much less busy, as the volunteers must've gone out to get supplies, he approached the counter and requested a room, he paid for two nights and received his key. He made his way to his room and decided he'd spend his time meditating, and try to build up his tolerance to Mana even more than it already was, as he had a feeling that he'd need those reserves for the upcoming expedition.
When the time came, he'd head down to the docks and board the correct ship. Until then though, he'd sit here meditating.

With a significant amount of effort Alli managed to gather each coin that had been flung from the bag and now stood, the majority of his weight being supported by the bar counter. He paid for a room and was handed a key and now stumbled over to the stairs where his hands fumbled along the railing. Each step creaked and groaned feeling as if it’d snap under his step. The hallway was small and narrow up here and he placed one foot across the other in a drunken dance across the floor. His vision blurred but he appeared to find the number 8 for his room and the next thing he knew he was face down in his bed.

As the patrons began to vacate the bar so do Mara, gathering up her cartography equipment and downing a final swig of her honeymead before rising from her stool at the bar. In the pale moonlight she set off down the cobblestone street without a hint of purpose in her gait. At the bar she’d sat in ponderence for what had seemed like a matter of minutes but had in fact been the whole afternoon. Perhaps this expedition was exactly what she needed. With that thought in mind she took an alternate route home, stopping by a few shops still open in order to obtain a few final supplies. However, she merely found herself wandering the streets alone, her face hidden as was that of the moon, shielded by a veil of clouds far away.

"Well I think it's safe to say that we're done for the night" stated Bone-Piercer.

"Aye" replied Bors, moving to close the door and locking it down for the night, "So now the next part begins. The next two days wilil be nothing but boarding and loading the supplies and men" he finished.

"That it is. Frankly, I suggest we pack our things and take our leave to the Dantalion in the morning. The day after that well...we'll be busy" Bone-Piercer said as he chuckled, climbing into bed.

Kenric sighed as he used the bit of his coin to purchase health potions, some scrolls, a sturdy cloak, firemaking gear, and finally a mana ring to help stifle the mana needed to perform magic. According to the dealer, the ring would be good after three major spells but if used with bursts the ring should last for a long time. The rest of the money he splite into a small purse for him, and a large bag he immediately deposited into an account at the local bank. He sighed as he tied the small amount of coin he intended to take with him to his belt, looking up into the full moon as he wrapped his new cloak around him. He checked his armor, fixing it in places as he decided to head back to the inn and wait for their voyage to get underway...

Chapter 1, "Welcome to the Frontier"
Artika_Geographical_Map_Location1.gif

medieval-docks-fairy-fantasies.jpg

Anthwyr, First of the original Seven Colonies along the Frontier. It was one of the larger ports where the original explorers landed twenty years ago. It was also the port where the Dantalion intended to land after almost three months at sea. Though, given how much they had to transport it was FAR better than the year long travel overland due to the six month trek over the large mountain range known as the Wall.

The Empire was currently constructing a tunnel through the Wall, but that would take another ten years before it would be complete much less safe. For now, the fastest route to the new world was by sea, something Kenric took into account as he stood along the bow of the Dantalion, the frame of the ship bouncing across the waves as they sailed towards the harbor of the bustling city. The city itself was not really big by Imperial standards, but it could be considered a city given its population of over 9000. Kenric couldn't exactly see the city itself due to the massive fog that covered the shores in the early morning hours.

Finally, he thought to himself, three months of being on board this crummy boat...though...I can't say it was all bad. He smiled, turning to see Lothroniel walking up behind him, her cloak wrapping around her as she watched the bow of the ship gliding into the calm waters off of Anthwyr, "Chilly Morning, isn't it Miss Greengrass?" he asked her as he turned to see her blue eyes beneath her cloak, the softness made him smile again as he held the beam that jutted out from the bow.

Last edited:
proxy.php

NOT SO SOOTHING SEA

The small wood-elf wasn’t used to the sea, the first couple of weeks were rough for her because of the motion of the waves that shifted the boat side to side in a pendulum way. Lothroniel was never one to venture too much in water, her knowledge of aquatic creatures were better about lake and river ones and in the causality of her needing to use some fauna or flora from the broad and open sea in a potion, she could purchase it from markets.

She just got her health back on after about a month of trip, that’s when she was able to start walk around and see the other people that were going in such travel to the Frontier with her; she found two known faces inside the ship, Kenric and Alli and when she was not trying to talk to the sea life she talked to them. She noticed that Kenric had been quite friendly to her during such boat trip, she wasn’t used to such sort of behavior from other people but she appreciated that at least some of the ones that she will need to travel with didn’t find her – as most like to whisper behind her back but she ended catching the words with her long ears – a completely bonkers elf.

When the trip was about to get over, Lothroniel couldn’t help but smile around the ship as her mood came back to its usual cheerful and quite absentminded one. She talked to some seagulls and they informed her about the small city they’ll be porting soon. The wind was blowing in her face and making the skirt of her dress dance around her figure as she walked on the wooden board of the main deck, she walked closer to Kenric when she heard him speak to her since she had already finished her chit-chat with the birds and rested her arms on the rim of the boat, she took a deep breath and said “All mornings are chilly in the ocean, I’ve never traveled through boat before… always by foot or horse or even carriages to get to other lands… the sea isn’t quite a friend of a wood elf. I’m used to other sort of nature, lad.” She sighed and said “But that’s not important now.” A large smile adorning on her lips as she continued to speak “The seagulls said we’re close, quite frenetic creatures those birds.” She chuckled “They speak all the same time but from what I could gather, the city is small but not far from forestlands.” She looked at the distance with a nostalgic and quite dreamy look on her pretty face “I miss the green.”

proxy.php

Valen was not a fan of the ocean, he prefers to have his feet on solid ground, as he knew the ocean could be a harsh mistress. He had come to get to know most of the crew, though the other volunteers like himself he hadn't interacted with much, though the elven girl he wanted to chat with.
He had been leaning on the side of the boat for a little while and decided to finally go an introduce himself to her.
He walked over to where she was and waited for her to finish her conversation with the other volunteer.

As the crew mulled about on the deck making conversation Alli leaned against the mast and strummed away at his lute playing a cheery tune. His voice rose above the waves as he sang, the song drowning out that of the gulls perched above who sang in a choir of chirps and squawks. The rough wind tusseled his messy hair and filled his nose with the sweet scents of salt and grass as they wafted in the air. They were intoxicating and he longed for them to make landfall, especially now that their destination was actually in sight and not just a point on a map. This place would change his life whether for good or bad, the realization filling his heart with juxtaposing feelings of hope and dread, emotions he poured out into the words that flowed from his lips. His eyes filled with wonder as they fell upon the port at which their journey was set to begin and he continued to sing with increased fervor.

Mara sat on the deck with her back to the starboard side with one leg jutting up and crossing over the other which was pressed to the deck. A pair of maps were strewn across the deck in front of her and she was anxiously running her eyes across their features then those of the crew mates gathered around her. She absentmindedly fidgeted with the loose fibers of her footwraps and bit her lip a little harder than intended. The others present knew nothing of her true identity or any of the personas she’d taken before so why was this one proving so hard to maintain? Of course the actual process was simple, she’d been through it so many times it was second nature to her. But something was pressing at the back of her mind, a voice repeating a single word over and over like a tiny needle stabbing her repeatedly to attract her attention. She did her best to ignore it and scribble away at the notebook held in the nook of her leg.

Last edited:
"Oh they have?" stated Kenric, looking at her for a moment before nodding, as if confirming a suspicion, "Temis has truly blessed you beast speaker" he said as if what she said was normal, "Never let such a gift go Miss Lothroniel. And Excellent! Maybe we can get off this damned boat. Don't get me wrong I grew up near the sea...but I was always at home in the mountains." he said, looking to see a massive mass far to their east. Even here, the massive mountain range known as the Wall could be seem, and that was miles away.

"Remarkable sight, isn't it ladies and gentlemen!" called Professor Bone-Piercer as he stepped onto the deck, watching the Dantalion's crew making ready to dock, "The Wall is considered to date the hightest mountain range in the known world. However, there lies a legend that there is an even greater mountain to the north. So great it can be seen even from-Ah! There it is! Just a bit you can see it!" he exclaimed, pointing due north. Some looked, Kenric included, to see a small peak of mountain jutting high in the air, as if floating in the foggy sky!

"By the gods!" gasped Gray, "Nothing is that high!" he said as he shared his attention with both the peak and the ship as it slowly waded into port.

"Aye but that is! Estimated to be higher even the Wall itself!" declared the ork, "Rumors and myths abound to its actual size as from here its shrouded in fog. But from what I've heard its big enough to be seen from every corner of Arktika. Hell some say that mouintain is the source of the whole Floating Island Legend from stories long ago."

"Woah." stated Gray, as if like a child with wonder glowing in his eyes.

"Sadly lad, that is not where were going on this expedition" stated Bors as he clamored up to the deck at last, his face a slight mix of pale and green, "We're heading upriver to a ruined city. We were there a year ago till we ran out of funding...thankfully we got that matter cleared up and we're heading back" he said, shouldering his halberd over his shoulder, his gear hanging from him as his helmet hung from his belt.

Kenric nodded, looking over at Lothroniel and nodded, "I have a feeling your gift will be coming in handy Miss Greengrass" he said, his body adjusting as the bump of the hull against stone indicated to all that they had finally made berth in Anthwyr.

proxy.php

LAND AT LAST

She shook her head and furrowed her eyebrows “Oh no, they’re no beasts. Well… some might be called by such name, those wild creatures that most fear but deep down they’re as sweet as can be and as scared of people as people are scared of them.” She felt the wind licking her face as she took in a deep breath, she had her eyes closed and suddenly felt someone standing by her other side.

After a while, she opened her eyes and turned to the opposite direction Kenric was on, there she found a male elf staring at her, she blinked a couple of times and then said with her usual smile on her face “Hello there, I’m Lothroniel Greengrass and this lad here is Kenric… sorry, I haven’t caught your last name.” she looked at Kenric when she said the last part, her hand still pointing to him and then looked back at the elf. “Anyways, how are you?”

proxy.php

Valen bowed slightly to her, "Valen Nerkict, at your service, a pleasure to make your acquaintance," he said, while it was true he was happy to finally speak to his fellow volunteers, he couldn't stand the fact that she was an elf. He straightened up, nodding to Kenric, "I'm fine, just wishing to be off this blasted boat, I'm not to fond of the ocean, to many things can go wrong." He said with a chuckle, "How are you both enjoying the trip?"

Alli continues to strum along on his lute, avoiding the light chatter and simply enjoying the scenery. The ship was fastly approaching the port and his heart began to pound in his chest, thrumming to the tune of the waves that buttered the hull. His voice carried out through the crisp breeze drifting across the deck and filling the ears of all who were present to hear his melody.

Mara took note of the ship’s proximity to shore and began to gather her belongings up into a makeshift backpack consisting of two sticks and a piece of cloth. Once that was done she rose to her feet and sauntered over to the railing from where the port encompassed the entire horizon. She stood there leaning forward on the railing, eyes wide as she stared in fascination at the vast stretch of land ahead.

Back