The Chronicles of Arktika: Shadow over the Frontier

Kenric looked at her, smiling as his caution laxed for just a moment, leaning forward so that only she could hear.

"Gray" he whispered to Lothroniel, "My name is Kenric Gray. But I would prefer that surname stayed between us." he said before pulling back, "Grimm. My Name is Kenric Grimm." he stated looking over at the wizard calling himself Valen, "Pleasure to meet you Mr. Nerkict" before grabbing his bag of supplies, throwing them over his shoulder as he, Lothroniel, and Valen were the first three to depart the ship. It would be another two hours before the expedition had disembarked from the boat, the carts and horses were led out, with the latter getting a bit of exercise before they were hitched up carts.

"I see that all is ready to go?" asked Professor Bone-Piercer, looking over at the Knight as he fitted his wargear, sheathing his sword and throwing his Halberd over his shoulder.

"Aye sir" stated Bors, "We have everything from medicines, foodstuffs, waters, beers, mapmaking tools...essential to our obligation to the Imperial Throne...and of course our digging tools for more excavation of the ruins. You think any graverobbers stumbled into there?" he asked, with a chuckle and hint of sarcasm.

"I do not doubt it" replied Matthew with some melancholy, "Though with that private security force we paid to stand guard there till we returned should be doing their job" stated the ork, "We'll have to send them home once we arrive"

"I have the Dantalion staying till the security group boards. Consider it a thank you for their due dilligence" stated Bors, as they began to climb into the carts.

Kenric climbed into a wagon with the others, sitting across from Ms.Green grass as he held his sword as a crutch, "So, Miss Greengrass, where do you hail from if I may ask? Aside from the Temis' Blessed Green" he asked.

Last edited:
proxy.php

BREWING A NEW BATCH

Lothroniel waved to Valen and said “See you in land.” she then followed Kenric to get one of the wagons out of the ship and sat down in front of him; the small elf let out a small sigh of relief as she was finally about to put her feet back on the ground. She looked at the male before her as she put a lock of her hair behind her ponty ears “Oh… well, I don’t really know… you see, my family is errand potioneers and we have always worked on such way. I was born in the road from all I know, walking from one place to the other to gather ingredients and sell potions. I’ve never lived in any other way, never stayed for too long in one place and always found nature everywhere to be my home.” She explained to him as a smile got adorned on her lips. She was clicking her heels together, making the back of her boots hit as she looked at the sand before them that was welcoming them into the small town, she was probably going to try to get more ingredients since she ran out of fresh one; the small female elf haven’t thought that the trip was going to take so long and she ended having to brew potions that require fresh ingredients otherwise she was going to lose such ingredients since they would become dry by the course of the trip and now her backpack was stuffed with potions ready to be used but no ingredients for the brewing of new ones. “Do you think I can easily find ingredients around? Or at least find a herbs house of sorts…” being a potioneer is not just about brewing, Lothroniel is also a good herbologist and zoologist.

proxy.php

Valen followed everyone off the boat, he looked around at the area and the small town they came too. This would be interesting as the people of this town didn't now them, or more specifically him. His brief talk with the other two was semi enlightening, as he got their names and such, he was disappointed that he didn't get to learn more about them, as he would've at least liked to know their skill sets.
The soft sand shifted under his feet as he walked, thankful to be back on dry land he breathed a sigh of relief. He looked to the town once more and thought to himself, now this expedition can truly start.

As the ship made landfall Alli’s voice died down and he allowed his eyes to brush over the scene in one long stroke. Seemingly endless mountains loomed off in the distance with peaks that disappeared into the clouds which shrouded the blazing sun that perched atop the horizon. There, rays of sunlight shone over distant hills and canopies emblazoning them with its authority. This was the sole authority of the land- this was freedom. The lad breathed in a wisp of cool air and allowed the scent of sea salt to permeate his senses. His thoughts were momentarily lulled by the tune of soft, rhythmic waves lapping against the shore and cascading over the few boulders and rocks that dotted the beach.

Alli allowed his lute to hang by the strap and shifted the instrument behind is back. While the others disembarked he couldn’t help but smile at the scene before him. Here they were, at the edge of the world. Beyond this point they would be at the mercy of the natural world, out of reach of anything they knew as civilization. The idea thrilled him beyond measure. “Land ho!” he cheered merrily. “Now who wants a drink?”

Amidst the commotion Mara made certain to keep to herself, sticking to the edge of their little group and maintaining a firm gaze with the ground before her. She watched each step she made wondering where she was headed and what she’d gotten herself into. Her game of personas had gotten her into some sticky situations, but how deep had she truly dug herself this time? Thoughts such as these raced through her mind as she trudged along, impatient to get on with the expedition. Maintaining her persona however, she fingered through some pages in her notebook and gave off the impression that she was deeply intrigued by the geographical features presently surrounding her. And while the others made conversation Mara pressed her lips firmly together and continued to breeze through her notebook.

"We will not have time!" barked Galvyn, "We must be one the move before dark!"

"Shant we have a rest after a long voyage?" asked Bone-Piercer, "I wouldn't mind a rest after being on that rickity old boat!" he said as the carts began forming up. Galvyn groaned nodding as Kenric noticed that they may be staying in town for the night.

"Very well!" stated Bors, "We'll rest for the night, but we pull out at dawn! If you fall behind you are left behind!" he stated, irritated that they were not underway already.

Kenric sighed and chuckled, climbing out of the cart with the Elf and looked over at her, "hmmm...sounds alot like me Miss Greengrass. Granted I've been in some places longer than most, but ultimately I'd be on the move from one town to the next. My folks were always like that...sounds your's were as well huh?" he chuckled, looking at her for a moment and shaking his head with a smile.

proxy.php

THE ADVENTURE BEGINS

A smile was adorning the pretty elf’s face, her blue eyes were sparkling like the sky as she looked at the horizon with a dreamy face “But I can’t complain, because of that life without a place to call home I’ve learned a lot of things.” She slowly and carefully stepped off of the cart, her boots slightly sunk on the sand near the port and after a deep breath of relief that she was back in land, Lothroniel walked to the stoned path that lead to the town. She looked at Kenric as she held tightly on the straps of her backpack and asked with excitement on her voice “What now?”

proxy.php

Last edited:
Alli perked up at the notion of staying in town for the night which translated in his mind to drinking after which he would not be able to recall whatever it was he would do under the influence of that vile liquid. Through his smile brown eyes shone bright with excitement and his legs carried him past the others as he sauntered ahead in a suave manner towards the nearest tavern.

He didn’t even bother to check the sign as he pushed his way through the door and shimmied between a group of locals before finding an empty seat at the bar. He ordered his usual dragon’s blood ale and indulged with the manner of one of those free spirits that seemed as light as paper, drifting with the wind in and out of every corner of the world without ever seeming to return to their roots. Soon enough the tankard was empty and he order another and another continuing this cycle until he’d drained enough drinks to keep him plastered to the bar countertop.

Yet even in his debilitated state he managed to notice the group in the far corner eyeing him with a general look of disdain. Carefully, as to avoid falling flat on his face, he rose with a burp and staggered towards the group, leaning into a table more than once in order to balance himself. Once he was standing before the group he brought an unwavering gaze down upon the largest of the pack, a brute of a man with logs for arms and the visage of a hound.

“What you looking at, dog?” he demanded.
The brute looked up and smirked at the skinny drunk before him, eyeing him up and down before turning away again. This blatant showing of disrespect sent Alli over the edge and he lashed out grabbing the man by the shoulder and spinning him around.
“Don’t you turn your back on me!”
With one massive shove Alli was sent flying backwards and crashing into a table causing him to tumble to the floor in a drunken heap.
“Now piss off ya bloody milk-drinker!”
Alli’s face turned bright red at the insult.
“F*** you and the horse your mother mounted to make you,” he spat back.

As he rose to his feet he caught a hard jab to the chin and stumbled backwards a few feet before steadying himself. The next jab he was able to see coming and ducked quickly before countering with an uppercut that sent the man sprawling to the floor where he was most certainly lying dazed from the surprising blow. Another punch caught Alli in the cheek and sent him stumbling back into the arms of a third man. He responded with a quick elbow to the third man’s face and caught the second with a vicious strike from the tankard he’d been holding; the second man went limp and fell to the ground with a thud with blood from his nose pooling around his face while the third man recovered quickly and tackled Alli to the ground before he could turn to face him. Punch after punch thrashed his face as the second man beat Alli until his face was scantly recognizable through the veil of blood that was splattered across his features. The room began to blur around him, his eyelids fell heavy over his eyes, and he felt a weight lift from his chest before he was lifted up off the floor and thrown out into the street. He fell flat on his face where he remained for a moment before he picked himself up and leaned back against the exterior wall of the tavern, uncertain of where to go now. His eyes now fell to the sliver of horizon off in the distance searching desperately for answers. He found nothing but silence.

Mara casually walked along the stone path towards town and contemplated the possibilities of this new adventure. Although now that she had time to reflect she wasn’t too sure what she was truly doing here. Perhaps she thought she would find something here that she’d been searching for her whole life but failed to find. Whatever it was that had prompted her to sign up for this endeavor she was uncertain of where it was going to lead her and stopped in her tracks for the briefest of moments, eyeing the veil of clouds which covered the mountain peaks off in the distance.

As the rest of the group wandered off Mara found a quiet, secluded spot along a path that jutted from the road and seated herself below a sturdy oak tree. She flipped open her notebook and preoccupied herself with geographical drawings, squinting in order to filter out the abhorrent sunlight.

Back