Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiri

" Wow.... it's so colorful here!" If the harpy would investigate, she would find a small bird child in a black hoodie with a dagger that had perfectly mimicked her voice. She seemed to be smiling and looking at the harpy with fascination.

@Gummi Bunnies
tumblr_ojcjfsPjHV1vze779o3_100.png

❝ Oooh, you sound just like me! ❞ Papi didn't seem to realize that she was being completely mimicked here. She sorta just went along with it.

@Lucky

Kiri

❝ Oooh, you sound just like me! ❞
Kiri was a little bird girl and didn't realize that the person was complimenting her mimicking skills. She titled her head and waited to see if the bird would respond.

@Gummi Bunnies

-Intermission-
"Song for the Misguided ~ Plagued by Blue"

Near the outskirts of the city, a lone boundary opened up to let out two individuals walk onwards, the dimensional fissure closing up behind them. Up ahead in their path was a single destination hidden within the farmlands. No doubt that their target was there, only so far enough to be out of their reach. It was a matter of time before they could catch up.

Eliza was sure of it. There wasn't a chance of the Core escaping her again. Not like the last time this occurred. If anything, she was much more prepared than the last time. Proceeding further, she didn't realize that she only heard her own footsteps even though there was two sets of that just a few seconds ago. Soon enough, an audible thud went off right behind her.

❝ ... ❞ She didn't bother to check, figuring that one particular subordinate wasn't actually prepared for their task. Halting her steps, Eliza waited for a few seconds for any response, even waiting for a single breath. Nothing. All that she got within that moment was a returning flow of the Wrath's essence.

That was all she needed to know that her newest subordinate, Revy, was not qualified for the tasks in the Institute. If the executioner had been given back a small portion of Wrath, that only meant that Revy succumbed to the essence after receiving a small dosage of it not too long ago. And to think that someone else some time ago took that same amount of Wrath and came out of it perfectly fine. It was merely a shame, an inconvenience. With what was still left to be done, Eliza saw no reason to waste that time to mourn a lost soul.

As long as she was able to complete her plans, those that were lost in the process would be brought back.

Walking once again, Eliza glanced over at her surroundings. Grasslands spread across the horizon. Surely her target was not so well hidden, judging from the lack of viable hiding spots in the forms of buildings. For someone like the Core, she had a feeling that it wouldn't be so easy to snatch the woman away. A blind woman like Makoto Makimura couldn't have escaped on her own. So it was inevitable that a struggle to get to her was to be in the way.

Speaking of which, her thoughts were quite on point, being able to detect some familiar presences approaching her. Just as she theorized, two individuals showed up. One was someone she saw not too long ago. Another was someone she hasn't heard from for a good amount of time, and for good reason.

As opposed to Eliza's view of the situation, Lapis and Lambdadelta were grateful that they got here at the right time to intercept the executioner. While they did leave Makoto with an unrelated local, the Witch of Certainty made sure to leave a charm to keep the place undetected by any supernatural means, knowing that Eliza might as well have the boundary youkai pick up the supposed Core's location.

latest

❝ And just where do you think you're going? I don't think you're invited to the sleepover at all. ❞ Lambda sneered at the threat standing not too far from them, wanting to waste all the time that Eliza had.

❝ We are all aware as to why we're running into each other in this manner, right? ❞ Eliza only bore a blank look, as if she wasn't falling to the Witch's taunting jabs. However, she then laid her eyes onto Lapis, smiling without a light in her eyes, ❝ I might as well thank you, Lapis. Because of you, I wouldn't have learned the further extents of the Wrath vessel, nor the fact that you survived in that sorry state of yours. ❞

Lapis didn't say anything at first, clearly miffed that the other was able to tell that she was responsible for narrowly reflecting the bullet back at Eliza. Of course, that action was never planned in the first place, that it was an impulse decision in the heat of the moment. An impulse decision that saved both herself and Lambdadelta from the dangerous effects of that vessel. She wasn't even sure if she could pull that one off again, despite being the new Witch of Miracles.

tumblr_pbx94aRH8j1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ I don't know what you're getting at here. I mean, that did look pretty damn painful. Not like it'll be the same for when you decided to take what's left of me. ❞ She let out some filler talk, already focusing through her right hand for her signature crystals manifestation. Surely the other would understand on what she was getting at, given that Eliza's comment was a clear shot at the fact that Lapis was lacking her entire left arm.

❝ Unless you had no idea, Lapis, pain can be a useful teacher, and times like these, it's a necessary evil... I'd expect that you would know that much, or did you forget that night? ❞ The executioner continued to smile eerily, merely standing there as an abrupt mesh of shadows sprouted from her body and rushing towards Lapis.

It all happened within multiple flashes, clashing shadows and colors as Lambdadelta was able to conjure her crafty candy bombs to divert the malevolent energy away. Lapis was still preparing her crystals in the process, watching as the two were suddenly at each other. Two different kinds of absurd magic sparked between them: Lambdadelta with her colorful candy blasts and Eliza with her crazed surges of shadows. As much as it felt mesmerizing to witness this occurring within a few seconds, Lapis hurried her crystal conjuring process.

By the time she's able to create a single crystal lance with the one arm she had left, she looked up to see Lambdadelta punctured through multiple times by Eliza's shadows. While most would consider that to be the finishing fatal move, Lapis was sure enough that the other was actually fine. Her case was proven to be right once a puff of smoke erupted from the apparent corpse of Lambdadelta to reveal that Eliza had merely stabbed a bubblegum decoy of the Witch. Followed by a loud popping noise from the decoy being impaled, Eliza was immobilized temporarily by an obtrusive gummy material. With this all set up, now was Lapis's chance to get an attack in!

❝ Take THIIIIIIIS!! Lapis yelled out as she threw the crystallized lance at Eliza, who did nothing to free or defend herself from the combined efforts to attack her. Instead, she gave off a smirk as if she were showing off the last laugh. Her mouth moved, but it was impossible to her speak as the lance plunged into her torso and launched her a distance away from hearing's reach. She didn't even flinch from the lance's impalement through her, only continuing to mouth out unknown words with that look on her face. An unidentifiable magic circle began to generate on the ground between the two opposing sides.

❝ Oh jeez, she's summoning something, and it's not going to be anything nice. Alright, new plan! ❞ Lambdadelta realized on how this would go if they just let her continue this apparent summon. Pulling out a glowing crystal, the Witch of Certainty clutched it tight in her hand, sprinting ahead and hollering back to the Witch of Miracles, ❝ Sorry I can't stick around to teach you magic and all, but whatever you do, stay here to deal with whatever she summons. I'm going to make sure she doesn't summon anything else here! ❞

❝ Wait, what! You're just taking her on your own! ❞ Lapis expressed genuine shock at her elder's choice. She already knew how powerful the other was, especially that she bore the entirety of the Seven Deadly Sins' vessels. It was practically a suicide mission at this point. With so little time to spare, there wasn't any time to protest on the matter as Lambda tackled the executioner, activating the glowing crystal's power to warp the both of them away from here in an instant. Due to this, the summoning circle lost a significant amount of energy going into it, but it was still going to summon something that might as well become a problem.

Breathing in the air around her, Lapis stood her ground for what monster Eliza left here for her.

With that distant sound of an explosion, Blake felt the obligation to hurry there to see what's happened at the explosion site. For all he knew, there could be possible people hurt and a threat to get rid of. He wasn't even sure if that group of people followed him or not, he was too focused on the fact that he had to respond to this fast. The urgency of the situation escalated even higher the moment he heard another set of explosions and a loud shock of lightning that echoed distantly from his location.

Roughly swerving his sprinting path around the corner, the assassin kept on running despite the feeling of impending dread. Just a little more and he would end up at the city's outskirts. The gut feeling that this was related to those shadow wolves from earlier, because this was happening so soon after the fact. What was even going on here in Avalon!?

A sudden roar erupted from the site of the explosion, further increasing Blake's need to get there as fast as possible. Just one more city block and he'll be there, picking up his running speed as he heard a heavy crash. Once he got a clear view of the scene in front of him, he froze in his tracks almost immediately, skidding to a halt.

❝ ... y-you've got to be... kidding me. ❞ Blake muttered out in disbelief, shaken up to see what the big threat actually was. To the side, he saw that woman who appeared like his younger sister, watching her evade an incoming attack from what appeared to be a giant demonic boar.

The enormous boar let out a huff of blue-tinted fire from it's maul, clearly focused on Lapis. Blake could only watch in shock and amazement at how she was able to evade the boar's stomps and horn swings, observing her craft a sword made out of crystal from nothing and hack away at the beast. He was already aware that she wasn't normal when he saw her dispatch that pool of shadows back within the city, but yet, he couldn't get himself to believe that this woman appeared the same way as his younger sister. He couldn't believe that she was involved in these multiverse scenarios as well.

Whoever came around, whether they stumbled upon this fight by chance or followed Blake all the way here, could come up with the clear conclusion that this demonic boar had to be put down before it would eventually start rampaging through Avalon!

@anybody (@Lucky @Crow @York ; whoever was with Blake beforehand)

Chris Halliwell and Jefferson/ The Mad Hatter, Enter Peter Quill

Jefferson looked over at Chris and Arthur and then back at the shop. Hopefully, they wouldn't ask him for tea because it wouldn't be ready for a while. He was boiling some water, but had been doing it into between figuring out what was causing his hat to activate. A male crashed onto the table ." Urgh, where am I?" He asked.

" I'll be able to make you some tea.... if the man didn't land on my set. I have to get the new set out and boil it. It may take a while, I hope you don't mind the wait," he said.

"
Is this a normal occurrence?" Chris asked. Jefferson didn't answer as he got a new tea set.

@Minerva

And... Their waiting for tea was now ruined by a man crashing from the ceiling and onto the tea set. He looked at Chris and shrugged. "This is relatively normal for what I've been through." He looked at Peter. "Are you alright?"

Asher

Asher smiled, happy that he was able to provide some help to her and was grateful about everything that she did.

" They weren't mean to me," he said.

@Raynar Saassin @Minerva

19d92437b9a2cbc8bc080072337ce09fd432e2b0_00.gif

Watching the sisters leave, Alicetaria sighed and looked at the child. "I'm glad to know it's safe here." She looked around the garden. "It's pretty here. Would you like to walk with me to get some food?"

"...and that's all there is to this place."

Alice had taken the time to give Makoto a brief tour of her small home. Nothing much at all; a living room and kitchen with no wall between them, and a small bathroom amd bedroom. Outside was a shed with her tools and equipment, but someone like Makoto may not be suited for farmwork; she seemed to have trouble seeing. Maybe she could do some light housework...and Alice could probably cut her fee in half to help out.

"I can make you something to eat, if you'd like," she said. "I don't have much, but-"

BOOM.

Alice gasped at the sound, but was quickly able to calm down thanks to her time as an assassin. What was that? She didn't know, but she knew it could be trouble. "...go into the bedroom and wait there," she instructed Makoto.

@Gummi Bunnies

For someone she met not too long ago, Alice was fairly hospitable. It was a relief, really. After being moved to one place to another, this was actually the first time that she wasn't treated poorly. As much as she didn't want to be in anyone's way by simply being there, Makoto felt relaxed enough to get her mind partially off of the events beforehand that got her here in the first place. Of course, she didn't want to share that piece of information to Alice, it was her problem alone, apparently. Two others have been traveling with her, both of them were not present.

If she remembered the brief snippets of their discussions with her not too far away, a specific group was after her because she was the "Core" of some system. The thought of being sought after again was terrifying, magnified to a higher extent compared to the Empty Lot incident back in Kamurocho and Sotenbori.

On that matter, Makoto took notice that one of them, Miyo, wasn't back after the latter decided to rush back into the city. Something could've happened to her, but she didn't want to think that either. So again, she tried to put that off her mind once Alice brought up the fact that they could eat soon.

Except that notion was also interrupted by an abrupt loud explosion.

tumblr_inline_oxgstrSJAB1v1mk7r_250.png

❝ H-Huh? What was that? ❞ Makoto froze in place once she heard the commotion clearly. She was really hoping that nothing bad would happen, but it happened. She could only imagine on what was happening with that Miyo lady out there, silently praying that she was fine. While it was obvious that she had to stay inside safety-wise, she realized what Alice was implying.

❝ Wait... how about you, ma'am? ❞ She felt stupid for asking, having a gut feeling that told her what the answer was most likely going to be. It was like almost every person she ran into would go out of their way into danger whenever something occurred, not like she blamed them for doing so, but it was an observation over the few years that she's accidentally gotten herself tangled into underground affairs.

Despite asking, Makoto guided herself towards the bedroom anyways, stopping once she felt the door frame of the room. She wanted to hear anything from Alice before the latter would head out.

@Yun Lee

Alice would smile at the question, hoping Makoto was incapable of seeing the sadness in it. "I will keep us safe. Do not worry about that."

Honestly, what worried Alice most was keeping her guest safe above all else. A poor blind girl, dragged around by some pushy girl who vanished suddenly...what exactly was she supposed to go to? Human trafficking? It made Alice worry immensely. Enough that she was willing to do this.

With Makoto safe in the bedroom, Alice walked out to her shed, cloding the door behind her. She needed a brief moment before stepping forward, opening a small trapdoor she had built herself when getting this place ready. A chest waited within, which she opened, taking out the familiar items inside. A surge of emotions filled her at that point, ones that would need to be ignored until she knew Makoto was safe. It was different now. She had a reason for doing this. She was a protector, a defender. That should make this easier, right?

After a brief moment, Alice stepped outside the shed, dressed differently than before.

latest

Her Beam Katanas were not drawn, for the time being, and would not be unless something dangerous threatened her home.

@Gummi Bunnies

In the darkness of the night, a lone spirit wandered. Moving deftly across the night rooftops of the city, using darkness as her cover, the thief made her way past all the people and guards down below. Maeve had no idea how she got here, but finding something valuble to take was much too easy.

Seriously, they may as well have left the doors wide open for her.

AKLcTvj.jpg

Maeve was her name, and stealing treasure and magic items was her game. Truly, she had forgotten what it was like to have such great rewards with so little opposition. The fight against The Magistrate had taken longer than expected, but if nobody was going to go through the strange portal that appeared one day, then she would.

Chuckling to herself as she tosed her stolen goods up and down in her hand, the adorable girl was shaken lightly as a massive roar tore through the night. What WAS that? Ah well, no matter. At least she still had her fancy new crown, right?

Wrong. Her new fashion statement lay broken on the streets below, all thanks to whatever the hell made that noise. Upset, the thief slid down the roof and vaulted off of a lampost and ont o the street, hiding her magic knives inside of her longcoat.

Time to go see what that noise was and make it pay for breaking her new toy. Maeve dashed in the direction of the scream, determined to put whatever bore it out of its misery.

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee

Makoto could only work up a simple "Alright" in response, there wasn't much else to take away from this as she heard Alice walk off. It was like a deja vu spell, because something about Alice reminded her of him. Even after all this time, Makoto didn't get to learn that man's name. Mulling over that fact once she was certain that Alice's gone off to investigate outside, she closed the bedroom door behind herself.

For awhile, Blake felt like that woman could handle this demonic boar on her own, seeing that she could evade and block its stomps and horns. However, he snapped out of it once he realized that the next blow that Lapis managed to block had too much for her crystallized sword, the blade shattering in her hand.

tumblr_inline_p7lmupS7od1sy4uqk_100.png

❝ S-Shit... what am I doing just standing here and watching this?! ❞ Blake cursed at himself for being such an idiot during all of this. Whether or not that woman was indeed his sister, there was no way he's just going to watch someone get hurt by this monster! Pushing himself to sprint towards the scene, he tapped the cubic console on his beat, ❝ PWM activate! Module A, formation 1! ❞

Just in the nick of time, he stood in front of Lapis, projecting a hardlight shield to block the next incoming horn swipe. The crystallized bounty hunter could only watch in utter surprise, thinking that she was the only person fighting this demon in the first place. Shaking her head to get herself out of that daze, she hurried to craft another crystallized weapon.

tumblr_pbzixeiew21v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ And just what do you think you're doing here? Do you have any idea how dan- ❞ ❝ Sorry, no can do, miss! I may not really know what your whole deal is back there, but there's no way in hell I'm gonna watch you handle this piece of work on your own like that! ❞ Lapis wanted to ward him away, but she didn't even get to say that as he interrupted her protests. However, since he was more invested in telling Lapis that this was fine with him, the demonic boar backed off to let out a widespread shock of lightning down at them, flinging both Lapis and Blake away. The projected shield switched off from the heavy blows, thankfully preventing any of that damage to the both of them.

Picking himself up from that burst of lightning, Blake blinked in surprise once he realized that he's landed near another familiar face.

tumblr_inline_p7k0e1BfPy1shpc29_100.png

❝ Oh, hey Alice! I didn't know you were here too. ❞ Surely this was the wrong time to greet someone like Alice in a casual manner, but maybe this would work out. It wasn't like he and Lapis could handle that beast on their own. Obviously there wasn't any time for small talk, Blake noticing from the corner of his eye that Lapis was charging at the beast with a newly created crystal sword.

❝ On second thought, let's handle that big bad monster first before we do any small talk! ❞ He said as he was thinking on what to do as a new approach, not even noticing that yet another person dropped by on the scenario.

@Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @BoarFight

"...?"

Who...was this boy? Alice tried to remember having ever seen him before, but no bells were ringing. Was he one of her customers? If so, it was rather embarrassing for her to be seen like this. But that was a worry for later. Right now, there was...this to deal with. A giant monstrous boar? She wasn't unused to seeing inhuman creatures-that was kind of how a giant Multiversal melting pot like Avalon came to be-but this was on par with that Diablo beast she'd fought against so long ago. Hopefully one that could actually be defeated.

"What do you know of this beast?" she asked the pair. "Have you attacked it effectively yet?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva

Makoto could only work up a simple "Alright" in response, there wasn't much else to take away from this as she heard Alice walk off. It was like a deja vu spell, because something about Alice reminded her of him. Even after all this time, Makoto didn't get to learn that man's name. Mulling over that fact once she was certain that Alice's gone off to investigate outside, she closed the bedroom door behind herself.

For awhile, Blake felt like that woman could handle this demonic boar on her own, seeing that she could evade and block its stomps and horns. However, he snapped out of it once he realized that the next blow that Lapis managed to block had too much for her crystallized sword, the blade shattering in her hand.

❝ S-Shit... what am I doing just standing here and watching this?! ❞ Blake cursed at himself for being such an idiot during all of this. Whether or not that woman was indeed his sister, there was no way he's just going to watch someone get hurt by this monster! Pushing himself to sprint towards the scene, he tapped the cubic console on his beat, ❝ PWM activate! Module A, formation 1! ❞

Just in the nick of time, he stood in front of Lapis, projecting a hardlight shield to block the next incoming horn swipe. The crystallized bounty hunter could only watch in utter surprise, thinking that she was the only person fighting this demon in the first place. Shaking her head to get herself out of that daze, she hurried to craft another crystallized weapon.

❝ And just what do you think you're doing here? Do you have any idea how dan- ❞ ❝ Sorry, no can do, miss! I may not really know what your whole deal is back there, but there's no way in hell I'm gonna watch you handle this piece of work on your own like that! ❞ Lapis wanted to ward him away, but she didn't even get to say that as he interrupted her protests. However, since he was more invested in telling Lapis that this was fine with him, the demonic boar backed off to let out a widespread shock of lightning down at them, flinging both Lapis and Blake away. The projected shield switched off from the heavy blows, thankfully preventing any of that damage to the both of them.

Picking himself up from that burst of lightning, Blake blinked in surprise once he realized that he's landed near another familiar face.

❝ Oh, hey Alice! I didn't know you were here too. ❞ Surely this was the wrong time to greet someone like Alice in a casual manner, but maybe this would work out. It wasn't like he and Lapis could handle that beast on their own. Obviously there wasn't any time for small talk, Blake noticing from the corner of his eye that Lapis was charging at the beast with a newly created crystal sword.

❝ On second thought, let's handle that big bad monster first before we do any small talk! ❞ He said as he was thinking on what to do as a new approach, not even noticing that yet another person dropped by on the scenario.

Maeve rushed forwards, coming across the battle scene. She watched as the two battled the massiv ebeast, silently cursing to herself. Why did it have to be demonic pig beasts?

The thief stepped on to the battleground, fear not registering one bit. She guessed the pig was responsible, but these two couldn't have at least chosen a different place to fight? Did it have to be so close to the city? Still, that pig looked large and tasty. Maeve hadn't eaten since she'd been banished. Maybe now was the time to fix that.

"Alright, everybody freeze! What the hell is going on here!?"

Maeve would sound like a girl with a heavy thick 'French' accent for those who were familiar with the country. For those that weren't, it was clear this girl was from a completely different world.

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee

View attachment 3193

"Freeze? Certainly not when there's a monster around that could put civilians in danger," a certain silver-haired woman said with a lightly exasperated expression to Maeve, appearing almost out of nowhere behind Blake and Alice, the woman, Riesbyfe Stridberg, giving a light wave to them as though she'd recognized them.

"Yo! Err... Blair, was it? And... Alicia?" She said, unfortunately getting their names wrong. Indeed, even after all this time after "Point Zero" as the Coalition that recovered them referred to their ordeal had occurred, Riesbyfe's memory, unfortunately fuzzy and hazed because of the rude awakening she'd received, had never quite recovered, much to the misfortune of those who were closest to her during that trial.

Regardless, she gazed upon the demonic boar in the distance, clicking her tongue briefly. It was a shame that she had neglected to bring along her trusty shield, Gamaliel, but alas, Avalon was normally such a peaceful place that there was little need to bring along a weapon, especially not a cumbersome one like the shield she usually carried around. Still, with her iron gauntlets, a demon like this should not pose much of a threat. After all, she was once an exterminator of such demons. Cracking her knuckles, she let out a soft breath.

"We are of multiple numbers, aren't we? Should we not use that to our advantage to surround it and blindside it?" She suggested as far as a plan went.

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva

Right, Blake had no idea what this demonic boar was capable of or what it's weaknesses were. So far, there didn't seem to be many successful attempts on his end. He jumped a bit once some more people showed up, asking the same thing about the situation.

❝ Uh, it's Blake... and you're... er, Risebeef? ❞ As he briefly corrected Riesbyfe, he didn't even realize that he got her name wrong too. There wasn't much time to really go over names like this, given that they might as well brainstorm a battle plan here.

tumblr_inline_p7lmuuzFbP1sy4uqk_100.png

❝ Well uh, to be honest, I have no idea about this... thing. By the time I got here after hearing all that commotion... ❞ Blake explained to the best of his ability, glancing over his shoulder to see that Lapis was at it again. Even from a distance, he could see how she was faring, and it was pretty damn better than the five seconds he had of simply defending against it. Seeing that she was able to get a single slash at the beast's front left leg in with her crystal sword before having to back off, the ravenette continued talking, ❝ Looks like she sorta knows what's the deal with the big pig here. Though it doesn't like that one gash is doing anything to it. ❞

For a moment, Blake lost his train of thought once he took notice of Lapis's actions, seeing that she was reinforcing her crystallized sword. Oh god... is she actually fighting that thing with only ONE arm?! At first he thought he was imagining it, but with that momentary close inspection, Lapis was indeed fighting with only her right arm, the lack of her left arm hidden away by that cape she wore.

Focusing himself once more away from that and more towards this impending problem, Blake figured that he should get a better look at this situation. ❝ We can try that, but I'm going to get a better look at it from an aerial view! Maybe I'll figure out something that we can hit hard. Er... try to keep an eye on that girl, she's been really at it's face since I got here! ❞ Another glance, Lapis was still up close with the beast, literally trying anything she had to damage it.

❝ Module B, formation 4. ❞ Reciting another voice command for his cubic console, Blake had a set of projected wings appear, and soon enough he was propelled up into the air. As he did so, Lapis was forced to distance herself away from the boar's front to avoid an incoming stomp, and by doing so, her crystal sword shattered again from the rough escape.

tumblr_pbzn8gvpno1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ C'mon... c'mon... crystallize already! ❞ Lapis grumbled in annoyance with herself, slowly crafting herself another sword made out of crystals. Despite that one time noticing Blake being present, she was far too focused on defeating this boar by herself to notice that there was a bunch of other people near her. Too focused to realize that the boar aimed a large shockwave towards all of them!

@Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @Ver @BoarFight

Maeve figured she'd stay out of the battle and let these kids handle it, but once the boar took notice of her she knew she was roped in. The thief deftly dodged the simple attack, leaping over it and brandishing her knives.

"I don't know what you all are going to do, but I'm not wasting time!"

The thief let two of her knives fly, reaching into her coat to unleash a flurry of daggers at her enemy. The daggers were able to cut through anything, so a demon pig's flesh wouldn't be any different. Right?

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee

Ries03.png

"Mhm. A quixotic little girl going after such a monster, even as wounded as she looks," Riesbyfe simply observed as Blake pointed out the girl in the distance fighting the boar all by herself. Indeed, there was something to admire about the will to take on such a behemoth by oneself, the gall it would need, but it would amount to little if she'd die right here. Besides, it seemed as though this girl was certainly important to Blake personally somehow, at least from the look he gave her. A nostalgic, yearning look, identified by the silver-haired maiden as she too held that look often times. Speaking of that girl...

"Hey, doesn't she look a bit like--" She began to comment, but before she knew it, Blake had already taken off to carry out his own plan. With a brief sigh, shaking her head, the young woman could only do what she could, preparing her iron gauntlets as magical energy began to surge through them.

"Time to get to work then."

FWOOSH!

At dizzying speeds, Riesbyfe dashed out of the way of the boar's shockwave, still cursing that she had to dodge at all if only she'd brought her shield, but now was not the time to lament such a thing. With that, she ran over to the creature's side opposite to the unknown girl's position, clenching her fist tightly.

SP2-_Ries.png

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Letting out a fierce battle cry, Riesbyfe threw a powerful punch to the giant boar's side, her strength augmented by her Reinforcement magecraft that she'd applied to herself.

"Alice." ...another person that recognized her? And the boy-Blake-recognized this...Risebeef? Was she supposed to know these people? They couldn't have been from...back then, could they?

Ugh, as Blake had said, small talk was for later. Right now, it was time to focus on this fight. Alice jumped into the air as the shockwave came close, doing a backflip midair but never touching the ground. The tail of her weapon, the ASURA-6 (Though as it was missing a Beam Katana now, it was more like the ASURA-5), was now holding her high in the air, and she began her assault. Beams flew out at the boar, three at a time, then two, then three, then two. This kind of creature was best handled from a distance, it seemed.

@Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Ver

Only realizing the incoming shockwave at the last second, Lapis braced herself for the impact, crudely ditching her crystal blade as she forced it to become a wall of the same material. Once the shockwave crashed into the crystallized wall, it instantly shattered apart, leaving Lapis to repeat the crystallizing process once more.

The boar definitely didn't have much ways of avoiding the combined attacks due to a lack of mobility. Despite the method of attack being thrown daggers, punches, or fired beams, the beast appeared to be unfazed by the efforts, disregarding the visible damage done and not minding that it was pushed over by Riesbyfe's punch nor the fact that Maeve's daggers stuck into it's flesh. The gashes and wounds visible to them let out a tinted steam, and what that meant didn't seem clear at the moment.

❝ It's back... it's lighting up every time you guys attack it... I mean the weird markings on it's back! Just keep attacking it as much as you can so the markings can stay lit up! Maybe that's its weak spot, and I can get a good shot at it from up here! ❞ Blake lowered his altitude in the air a bit to holler out his observations to the group before propelling himself up again to get a good angle for that planned shot. Unless someone else had the means to get into the air, Blake figured it would be to him to do so, considering that the giant boar was practically as big as one of those five-story buildings in the nearby city.

@Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @Ver

tumblr_p9rcfz8DIg1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ Alright. Good to know. ❞ Lapis nodded in response. At least he wasn't a mute, he could talk. By now, they were getting closer to their target destination, she could feel the threat up ahead.

❝ ... there's only one of the beacons here. I'll handle it. ❞ As she spoke, a small sliver of crystals formed into a knife for her to take hold of. Soon after, she was picking up the pace of her walking.

❝ And what technique is that? ❞ Blake had no idea what she was saying, but if it were a technique to solve the problem quick, he didn't object to whatever it was. With Pomada's help, he was able to drive the wolf back, but at that moment, his projected weapons shut off. He must've used too much of the remote battery power in this one encounter.

The strange formation of shadows appeared like it was going to spew out more of those wolves. That would be the case, but instead something was thrown in it's general direction. A few seconds after what was apparently a small crystal shard stabbed into the pile of shadows, a sudden expansion of crystals erupted from the source of the shadow wolves. A bloodcurdling scream came from the shadows before it disappeared, and soon after followed the disappearance of the shadow wolves that were attacking the others.

The person that was responsible for assisting them with the matter stood not too far away from where the shadow formation had disappeared, and that someone was easily recognized by...

tumblr_inline_p7lmve0m741sy4uqk_100.png

❝ W... wait. Wait a minute! ❞ Blake immediately caught on with who this was, whoever that helped them.

tumblr_p9remgIGfV1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ ... ❞ Lapis froze up instantly. Why was he here? Was this some cruel joke? After all this time, why does he show up now?

❝ You're.... you're Ri- AACK! He started to say, but yelped the moment she tackled him to the ground before he could even mutter her real name. As she was horrified to see him, Blake was more confused to see her here. He was told that he couldn't return to his world after that incident, and he didn't remember one of his sisters being able to travel through the multiverse either. His vision obscured by Lapis's hand covering his face, he made out her pained voice utter something out.

Sleep. The instant she said so, Blake practically passed out. It was the simplest of the magic she's learned under Lambda's wing, and probably for the best that she used it on her supposed-to-be-dead brother. For most that were here because of the wolf incident, surely they would be confused with this development.

❝ ... christ, what am I even doing? ❞ She cursed at herself, standing up after knocking Blake out with a sleeping spell.

@Raynar Saassin @York @Crow @Lucky
Wyatt Halliwell

Wyatt, having analyzed everything from what happened, looked over at Dante and decided to give him the most abridged version of what had happened possible. " So, to make a really long story short, the woman from the beginning was evil, Revy betrayed us and these two, who I'm not even sure are good, helped to weaken her. We met Gran over here and I think those wolves are hers now. Basically, we're clean-up crew now," he said, without taking a breath.

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Raynar Saassin @Crow

Chris Halliwell and Jefferson/ The Mad Hatter, Enter Peter Quill

Jefferson looked over at Chris and Arthur and then back at the shop. Hopefully, they wouldn't ask him for tea because it wouldn't be ready for a while. He was boiling some water, but had been doing it into between figuring out what was causing his hat to activate. A male crashed onto the table ." Urgh, where am I?" He asked.

" I'll be able to make you some tea.... if the man didn't land on my set. I have to get the new set out and boil it. It may take a while, I hope you don't mind the wait," he said.

"
Is this a normal occurrence?" Chris asked. Jefferson didn't answer as he got a new tea set.

@Minerva

Asher

Asher smiled, happy that he was able to provide some help to her and was grateful about everything that she did.

" They weren't mean to me," he said.

@Raynar Saassin @Minerva
❝ ... ❞ Lapis remained silent even when questioned. She couldn't simply tell them, not when Blake was involved with them. She didn't know why he was here or how he was alive, but she shouldn't be here either. Almost like she wanted to be sure, she glanced over her shoulder to see the unconscious Blake. Just the sight of him forced her to look away, brief flashes of the past coming back to haunt her.

tumblr_p9x6bvACHD1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ It's best that he doesn't know about me... and I shouldn't be getting all of you involved in my own problems... that's all. ❞ Her voice gave off a cold impression at first, but sounded a bit strained at the end. Before they would try to pry anything else from her, she vanished, leaving a single blue butterfly that fluttered away from the scene.

Just as she was gone, Blake started to recover from the momentary sleeping spell.

❝ Man... my head hurts... like real bad. ❞ He managed to say, painfully greeted with a headache upon awakening from the spell.

@Lucky @York @Raynar Saassin @Crow

"Wonderful. And here I thought she was finished." Dante commented. "So we've practically been doing her dirty work or in this case, you, all up until the point when she finally revealed she was evil. Getting a lot of flashbacks to my brother here."

"Get back here!" Pomada screamed as she absorbed one of her two orbs and instead flew straight towards her with the other in hand, aiming to plant it onto Lapis and launch her into a building with it, but unfortunately couldn't due to her vanishing act, causing her to release the orb and cause a small explosion a distance away. "Damn it!" She then realised something. Blake had recovered from that sleeping spell and rushed over to him. "Are you okay?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Crow @York

"Good. Sometimes these two can cause quite the trouble." "We're sorry, Big Sis..." "Good girls. Now head back home. Mina's worried sick about you since your disappearance." "Okay..." "Okay..." And so the two transformed girls flew off in the direction that the other came from and disappeared, leaving only this one as she downgraded to speak to the others.

"My apologies for the behaviour of my little sisters. Mina has been trying to keep them on their best but even she can't handle them at times."

@Lucky @Minerva
tumblr_inline_p7k0dlVoDk1shpc29_100.png

❝ Y... yeah. It's just... ❞ Blake reassured Pomada that he was fine. Weary, but overall not in a drastically bad state. He paused for a moment, letting those few moments beforehand sink in. Pure confusion led to denial, all sorts of conflicting feelings stirred up the more he thought about what happened.

❝ Dammit, what the hell am I thinking? T... there's no way she's my sister... absolutely no way. Rin's... not like that. ❞ He couldn't bring himself to believe what he saw. The young woman who appeared just like her, and yet did many things that she would never do. As much as he wanted to see his sister after all that's happened, that wasn't the "Rin" he knew.

❝ Tch, first we deal with weird shadow wolves, and now there's an impostor acting like a younger sister of mine. I was planning to only grab some souvenirs and bounce... but. ❞

@Raynar Saassin @Lucky @Crow @York

"This isn't a good sign if someone's posing as you..." Pomada exclaimed, speaking from experience. "In these things known as Time Rifts, one opponent sent me into another dimension where I was forced to combat a clone of myself... I managed to defeat it, but while I was fighting it inside of this dimension, my body in the actual rift was mind-controlled to attack my fellow time patrollers. Luckily beating myself allowed me to regain control." She then looked around for a moment and realised that what she just said would sound crazy to everyone else. "Oh... right. No one here would know what I go through in my Universe I suppose..."

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Crow @York
tumblr_inline_p7k0dnriHg1shpc29_100.png

❝ Okaaay. ❞ Blake wasn't sure how else to react to that. Probably a lot to take in. Plus it wasn't actually much that he should be concerned about. The real problem was that person who appeared like his younger sister.

❝ It's weird. After one incident that I get into with a ton of other people from who knows where, I'm finding myself getting dragged deeper and deeper into the big multiverse mess. ❞ The ravenette laughed a bit at his own dismay. None of this was to be considered part of a normal life. Though, he basically threw the normal life out the window the moment he became a vigilante, way before that first incident.

❝ Next thing you know after seeing a person that looks like your sister, there's going to be some big bad threat nearby that's about to put their plans in action. ❞ Almost at the moment he said so, the sound of an explosion went off, possibly at the edge of the city.

❝ ... oh my god, that's really bad timing. ❞

@Raynar Saassin @Lucky @Crow @York
latest

❝ Wow... it's so colorful here! ❞ A harpy says as she wanders around the gardens, somewhat eyeing the fountain at the center of it all.

@anybody
Kiri

" Wow.... it's so colorful here!" If the harpy would investigate, she would find a small bird child in a black hoodie with a dagger that had perfectly mimicked her voice. She seemed to be smiling and looking at the harpy with fascination.

@Gummi Bunnies

Phil Connors

Phil was silent and ignored the smug smile that appeared on Byakuya's face for now.

" Yes, I guess peculiar is the right word for it. I am willing to help them in return, I am not opposed to it at all. I don't really have anyone here who cared about me and well, that should be simple," he replied, rolling down his slide to hide the device from the dark place that he never return. Maybe one day he will think he had atoned for what he had done there, but until then, he would wear it.

@Atomic Knight
tumblr_ojcjfsPjHV1vze779o3_100.png

❝ Oooh, you sound just like me! ❞ Papi didn't seem to realize that she was being completely mimicked here. She sorta just went along with it.

@Lucky
Kiri

❝ Oooh, you sound just like me! ❞
Kiri was a little bird girl and didn't realize that the person was complimenting her mimicking skills. She titled her head and waited to see if the bird would respond.

@Gummi Bunnies

Ries03.png

"Mhm. A quixotic little girl going after such a monster, even as wounded as she looks," Riesbyfe simply observed as Blake pointed out the girl in the distance fighting the boar all by herself. Indeed, there was something to admire about the will to take on such a behemoth by oneself, the gall it would need, but it would amount to little if she'd die right here. Besides, it seemed as though this girl was certainly important to Blake personally somehow, at least from the look he gave her. A nostalgic, yearning look, identified by the silver-haired maiden as she too held that look often times. Speaking of that girl...

"Hey, doesn't she look a bit like--" She began to comment, but before she knew it, Blake had already taken off to carry out his own plan. With a brief sigh, shaking her head, the young woman could only do what she could, preparing her iron gauntlets as magical energy began to surge through them.

"Time to get to work then."

FWOOSH!

At dizzying speeds, Riesbyfe dashed out of the way of the boar's shockwave, still cursing that she had to dodge at all if only she'd brought her shield, but now was not the time to lament such a thing. With that, she ran over to the creature's side opposite to the unknown girl's position, clenching her fist tightly.

SP2-_Ries.png

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Letting out a fierce battle cry, Riesbyfe threw a powerful punch to the giant boar's side, her strength augmented by her Reinforcement magecraft that she'd applied to herself.

Only realizing the incoming shockwave at the last second, Lapis braced herself for the impact, crudely ditching her crystal blade as she forced it to become a wall of the same material. Once the shockwave crashed into the crystallized wall, it instantly shattered apart, leaving Lapis to repeat the crystallizing process once more.

The boar definitely didn't have much ways of avoiding the combined attacks due to a lack of mobility. Despite the method of attack being thrown daggers, punches, or fired beams, the beast appeared to be unfazed by the efforts, disregarding the visible damage done and not minding that it was pushed over by Riesbyfe's punch nor the fact that Maeve's daggers stuck into it's flesh. The gashes and wounds visible to them let out a tinted steam, and what that meant didn't seem clear at the moment.

❝ It's back... it's lighting up every time you guys attack it... I mean the weird markings on it's back! Just keep attacking it as much as you can so the markings can stay lit up! Maybe that's its weak spot, and I can get a good shot at it from up here! ❞ Blake lowered his altitude in the air a bit to holler out his observations to the group before propelling himself up again to get a good angle for that planned shot. Unless someone else had the means to get into the air, Blake figured it would be to him to do so, considering that the giant boar was practically as big as one of those five-story buildings in the nearby city.

@Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @Ver
Gran
@Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Gummi Bunnies

From beacons... To sleep spells, to a fight with Eliza. Gran was part of the fray, although... He found himself outmatched when it came to advanced magics. Not that he couldn't still defend against it with his shield.

Seeing the boar in front of him now... He looked towards Blake, nodding a little, before he gestured towards his shield, then to the weak spot Blake had pointed out on the boar. Looks like he intended to draw the creature's attention.

With that Gran lunged forwards, making a few quick jabs with his sword before placing down his shield... A protective aura radiating from him. It wasn't just him that was protected though, it seemed that the others around him also suddenly felt a bit more resilient than they did before... Like they could take half the damage the boar dished out without any problems...

???
@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

Near the pair of bird-people... Hidden within some bushes, a mysterious pair of cat ears protruded, twitching as they seemed to be taking in their surroundings.

ZaDV8gy.png

A soft giggle might be heard, if one listened carefully.

Wyatt Halliwell

Wyatt had honestly lost track of everyone from what he had seen, but he didn't need to be told the boar in the city was dangerous. He was pretty sure he could get in a few attacks to help out. He summoned Excalibur and used his telekinesis to stab the boar in the gut. He quickly realized that he had another attack, channeling one of his less used powers to shrink the boar. " I think introductions can wait for now, we should get rid of the boar first."

@York @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Gummi Bunnies

Jefferson/ The Mad Hatter, Peter Quill and Chris Halliwell

Jefferson came back with a new tea set and started making it away from the table. " I guess it is pretty normal for me too," he replied.

"
As alright as one can be for landing on a tea set, I'm durable enough. Who are you people?" He asked, running his hand through his hair. Jefferson ignored Quill and continued making his tea.

"
Chris Halliwell."

Quill deciding that he had enough weirdness ducked out of the tea shop.

Asher Falcon

Asher looked over at her and looked at her. " I can try, but I'm really tired, so I might need to be carried at some point," he admitted, though he was really hungry and wanted some food too. He wondered where they could find some.

@Minerva

Kiri

Kiri had heard the weird noise and approached the strange bushes, cautious and holding her dagger close to the bush, looking like she was ready to stab the person.

" I killed people!" Kiri shouted, imitating an unfamiliar voice.

@York @Gummi Bunnies

Last edited:
Maeve heard what the strange boy said and quickly continued her attack.This thing was huge! Just where did it come from? For now, all she could do was zip around the battlefield at an alarming speed, tossing out knife after knife to keep the thing's attention occupied.

"Zis is no joke! Who made zis thing and vhy is it in the middle of ze damn city!?"

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @York @Lucky @Yun Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back